Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Gnashing my teeth while dinner cooks wishing I could gush about this boss no one else seems to have seen yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
cant believe i have to stop playing to cook food.....might forego eating in the future.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Benny D posted:

Gnashing my teeth while dinner cooks wishing I could gush about this boss no one else seems to have seen yet

wtf?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

kind of weird how leveling up your HP will double it in a few points but endurance and vit are super nerfed from dks2. ive only been leveling up strength and life the whole game i guess ill just keep doing that

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

kind of weird how leveling up your HP will double it in a few points but endurance and vit are super nerfed from dks2. ive only been leveling up strength and life the whole game i guess ill just keep doing that

vim and vigor

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

u get 2 points per lvl just like in ds1. sometimes u even get 3

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
theres probably a ring that gives you stamina like ds1 and ds2 too

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I meant I can't talk about it in the thread yet

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh gently caress yes flynn's ring is back. Was my favorite mechanic from the DLC

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

theres probably a ring that gives you stamina like ds1 and ds2 too

oh poo poo thats right. there is one ring that does such a thing lol i completely forgot i nabbed it

I.N.R.I posted:

u get 2 points per lvl just like in ds1. sometimes u even get 3

idk, im prob just being dumb. i miss endurance and vitality being the same stat but that's op :/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been putting all my points into dexterity stam and luck

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It seems like you have plenty of stamina from the get go. Might subtract some points out of my build and redistribute to Faith.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
ne1 know what luck does?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

It seems like you have plenty of stamina from the get go. Might subtract some points out of my build and redistribute to Faith.

i feel the same way with health, for now. havent put a single point into it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

ne1 know what luck does?

increases item drop rate and probably something else

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

increases item drop rate and probably something else

baumps poison and bleed nd increases curse resist

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Theres actually desscriptions on the level up screen. item discovery and increased bleed/poison chance. curse resistance.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Average Bear posted:

ne1 know what luck does?

GAMEFAQS here. inc drop rate, also increases your status effect damage (poison n bleed) and curse resist

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
so far I've beaten 7 bosses and not one has been just a sword and shield knight dude. every boss is super unique and has great design and gimmicks. I'm shaking

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
The witch in the undead settlement is not loving around

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok I *think* I covered every last inch of this place. I like that the game has minibosses, like the icy dude in the basement and the stuff with siegmeyer

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a gesture where you just lay flat on the floor and stretch out, relaxed. aah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im ight go dex/luck toxic caster onm y next guy, i fuckn love luck builds in games

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

Ok I *think* I covered every last inch of this place. I like that the game has minibosses, like the icy dude in the basement and the stuff with siegmeyer

that guy in the basement did NOT gently caress around

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh my god this ice sword

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

One that is very odd and I could swear was in earlier games is that if you can 2h a weapon but not one hand it, the damage number on the equip screen will always show a useless value. I thought they would show the atk strength when you were 2 handing previously

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I just opened up a whole drat new zone and I never even attempted the boss I found

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

One that is very odd and I could swear was in earlier games is that if you can 2h a weapon but not one hand it, the damage number on the equip screen will always show a useless value. I thought they would show the atk strength when you were 2 handing previously

Press Triangle (or something on PC) to "change page" on the stat screen and look at your actual right hand slot 1 damage or whatever instead of the damage of the weapon, which seems to always assume you'll be one-handing it .

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

Hmmm?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Hmm.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I loving love firelink. Every time I go back there's new friends(?) to chill with

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Firelit.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Alright. Got some dinner, now I'm back in the saddle till the basketball comes on later. Let's do this.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

the fourth boss is really loving me for going with big slow strength weapons

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Benny D posted:

I loving love firelink. Every time I go back there's new friends(?) to chill with

agreed. it's a little bit of the original firelink and little bit of the nexus. :italianchefkissinghisfingers:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Omg... The butcher knife is back and I found knives that make my L2 the Bloodborne dodge

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also i'm looking for a slight spoiler: i bought the 20k key from the old hag, but can't figure out where to use it. the one door near firelink isn't locked, it's just one way.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

SM64Guy posted:

the fourth boss is really loving me for going with big slow strength weapons

The purple ball is such a strong area denial spell and it's really frustrating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

also i'm looking for a slight spoiler: i bought the 20k key from the old hag, but can't figure out where to use it. the one door near firelink isn't locked, it's just one way.

Wrong door theres another exit from firelink way up near the top of the shrine that takes you to the tower

edit: It's hard to spot because (I think to reduce load times?) the firelink exits all load in as fog doors until you stand next to them for a few seconds so you can't really see light shining through it or anything until you do that

• Locked thread