Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Although the hat and fake glasses are dreadful, I was more struck with Hulkenberg's terrible jumper with the word gently caress on it tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

Although the hat and fake glasses are dreadful, I was more struck with Hulkenberg's terrible jumper with the word gently caress on it tbh.

It looks like one of those GBS photoshop threads where each poster adds something extra to the previous posters image.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Riccardo is dressed like a farmer.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Looks like a bunch of good lads who mean well.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

#windbagsunited

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I still can't get over the prosperity hat

Alice Klar
Apr 13, 2016

El Hefe posted:

I still can't get over the prosperity hat

It's not surprising. He's reached the point of self parody. He's a walking example of Poe's Law these days.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

track day bro! posted:

Looks like a bunch of good lads who mean well.

Jesus Christ, Button. You are supposed to be cool. What is this thumbs-up tomfoolery?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Lewis looks like are our Jacques, Villeneuve.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Are Jacques was humbled by spending his twilight years in BAR and Sauber, Lewis is a petulant child from being in the best car on the grid partnered with a bottom bitch.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Sulman posted:

Jesus Christ, Button. You are supposed to be cool. What is this thumbs-up tomfoolery?

He's still cool, he's just pointing to Hulkenberg's shirt.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Riso posted:

They did.

Tyrell -> BAR -> Honda -> Brawn -> Mercedes

1500quidporsche posted:

In the same way you could say Minardi survived, yeah I guess they did.

Not even that really. BAR bought the entry but kept near literally nothing else of the team. Most of it actually went to Paul Stoddart which is why the Minardi F1x2 2 seater is actually based on Tyrrell chassis.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

be nice wicka posted:

that is not the cause, that is the effect of others replying angrily to everything I post. if you want this to stop, go ahead and stop talking about it.

You first...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
reminder, Rosberg has won the last 6 races.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Rosberg showing the first signs of a personality with that tweet. F1 needs more sarcastic humor.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

learnincurve posted:

reminder, Rosberg has won the last 6 races.

You can't include the races from the previous season. That's not a proper count!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

reminder, Rosberg has wonLewis has lost the last 6 races.

Fixed it for you.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Just realised that Hulkenberg is wearing a shirt that says the word gently caress on it, real mature guy did you learn that at LeMans :wanker: :wanking::wankingemote::jerkbag:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Riso posted:

Lewis looks like are our Jacques, Villeneuve.

You loving take that back. Are Jacques :canada: was a humble, well meaning individual.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Rosberg showing the first signs of a personality with that tweet. F1 needs more sarcastic humor.

He's a nice, intelligent kid.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Are Jacques :canada: was the last true people's champion and Formula One has been in decline past 97

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Well I for one am certainly looking forward to getting up at stupid o clock this weekend to watch a European sport. Thanks Bernie.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

Well I for one am certainly looking forward to getting up at stupid o clock this weekend to watch a European sport. Thanks Bernie.

He'll hopefully be dead soon.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

From Classic Team Lotus' Facebook page. Hill, Chapman, and I'm guessing Clark?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Bernie doesn't have to tell people he's #blessed all the time because everybody already knows

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Bernie can't seriously have more than months left

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

be nice wicka posted:

i appreciate the effort, i genuinely do, but it doesn't jive with you clearly being angry and flipping out at everything i write, then wondering why i get defensive when you make it personal every time i post two words. you can't backpedal that easily.

Can you seriously read any of my posts and say 'Thats an angry man?' I dont get angry with you Wicka, I get very confused by you. Do you recall not a month ago where you were replying to everyone of Learnincurves constructive posts to 'Stop posting!!! You know nothing?' And when you are questioned about it all we get is 'PLEASES STOP' then some of us find you are mod protected. I mean seriously?

Anyway my friend Wicka, lets not do this tango no more as i like to have laughs and fun, and sparring needlessly negates why I am here.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 13, 2016

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

yes let's discuss that lotus photo and how outrageously good it is

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Sulman posted:

From Classic Team Lotus' Facebook page. Hill, Chapman, and I'm guessing Clark?

I love the zero downforce exposed engine f1 cars.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

I love the zero downforce exposed engine f1 cars.

maybe the only thing we can all agree on?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
lol in my family he's "only" 85. It's always the evil old fuckers that go on till they are well into their 90s. The problem with Bernie is that he's one of those old people who are completely set in their ways, and have carried on in the same way for the last 40 years as they did in the first 40 years as if nothing has changed, as that''s the way it "should" be done. My wild theory is that a lot of the old European tracks are perfectly capable of hosting races, it's just that the track owners don't want to be dealing with someone so out of touch with reality.

My second wild theory is that his current behaviour is connected to the nerve damage on the left hand side of his face, (it's been getting slowly worse over the last 10 years but really bad since he got beaten up in 2010) and no one around him knows if it's Bernie being Bernie and using his age as a negotiation tool or if he really does need certifying under the mental capacity act and putting in a home, and are too scared of him to find out.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

Nothing stopping you watching the 6 hrs of silverstone instead.....

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I don't understand, you want me to watch another sport when the formula 1 is on??

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

krushgroove posted:

So I have several F1-related books that I'm offering to you goons if you want them:

Anyone who emails me at krushgroove169@gmail.com gets first crack at the whichever ones you want, just pay postage and one or all of them are yours. Most of these are gifts from the secret santa thing a while back and I've read them all but they're all in great condition. I'm in the UK so postage outside the UK will be a bit expensive, but if you want 'em you can have 'em.

:h: The Murray Walker book, definitely a good read

aequalis posted:

Hell, I like Wicka. I just use these forums to get an aggregate of any F1 news that I'd miss on a daily basis and to hear funny opinions of like minded fans. Most of the intense discussions just pass right over me.

How bout that Alonso huh? What a good looking man!

This is pretty much me, I gloss over all the inane arguments. Alonso's such a handsome chappy.

Sulman posted:

Button is in his mid-30s.. he's fast approaching the age of the awkward middle aged man 'thumbs up' and he knows it. I know this because I am in my mid-30s.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

my friend Wicka,
New thread title

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I wonder how many times wicka and adventure time guy have been probated in this thread.

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

Norns posted:

I wonder how many times wicka and adventure time guy have been probated in this thread.

Somethings gotta keep the place going in-between races

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

More driver drama please. I hate all this lovely posting about posters rubbish. Posting about posers is much better.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Lewis has a 5 place grid penalty for China? Gearbox change apparently.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEKFZ8yr005/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Another win for the 2016 WDC Nico Rosberg then

• Locked thread