Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I'm not sure I trust that site's review since it looks like they gave Hardcore Henry one star and I've heard really great things about it...but Civil War is starting to look like something I'd see even though I still haven't seen Age of Ultron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
rotting tomatoes has hardcore henry sitting at 50%

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

even though I still haven't seen Age of Ultron.

Yeah you have, even if you don't realize it.

I'll probably still see civil war, but I don't expect to be surprised. Skipped ant man, plan to skip doctor strange, infinity war, infinity war again, etc...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Mordja posted:

Mark Millar's the guy who did The Boys, right? A friend got me to read the first few issues of it back in college and I remember it being tryhard edgy bullshit. For reference's sake one of her favourite movies was Boondock Saints so not exactly the arbiter of good taste.

That's Garth Ennis, the thinking man's Mark Millar

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Civil War looks like it will own and the team that made Winter Soldier is doing it, so it will probably be just as good/better.

Ultron was poop, Ant-man was diarrhea, and I really don't blame you for not wanting to see any other marvel movies.

But drat Civil War looks dope. Especially if they have the balls to kill Cap and keep him dead.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

there is no way in hell cap am will stay dead if he "dies." he represents america, and like america, he always wins

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This move would be much better with a homoerotic massage scene in it

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I feel kinda meh about Doctor Strange. "Hey, do you like Inception? We have THREE INCEPTIONS woooaoaaoaooaoaoaah! that's pretty s-s-strrrraaaaaange, am I right?"

I dunno, maybe I'm just in a bad mood for movie trailers, the visuals didn't feel...impactful. They felt sort of abstract for abstraction's sake.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Are people actually excited for suicide squad because it looks kinda dumb to me

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Civil War looks like it will own and the team that made Winter Soldier is doing it, so it will probably be just as good/better.

Ultron was poop, Ant-man was diarrhea, and I really don't blame you for not wanting to see any other marvel movies.

But drat Civil War looks dope. Especially if they have the balls to kill Cap and keep him dead.

eh The core premise of what they are fighting about is sorta stupid plus they undid all of the good narrative building in AoU when they brought back shield like nothing happened.

The overlong Ironman v Cap and Bucky scene makes me think it's gonna have too much of what made Age of Ultron so boring

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Are people actually excited for suicide squad because it looks kinda dumb to me

I am. It looks fun. Ayer has a mostly solid body of work. At the very least, it should trump BvS

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Yaws posted:

I am. It looks fun. Ayer has a mostly solid body of work. At the very least, it should trump BvS

Howard the duck trumps bvs

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Ant Man was good and I will not tolerate any arguments, friend.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
If BvS was a Marvel studios film, the wheelchair guy would have been groomed to be the Metallo badguy, but he'd still blow up before the end of the film.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Do you think Superman got piss on him when the dumb wheelchair guy blew up?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ant Man was good and I will not tolerate any arguments, friend.

Seconding this, Ant Man was way better than I expected. It was legitimately funny at times, and was a cool "heist" movie in its own right. It felt different from your average Marvel fare while still feeling like it was a part of the larger whole.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

many johnnys posted:

Do you think with his super-smell he should have noticed what smelled like a big jar of piss directly in front of him in a congressional chamber?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Maybe people piss themselves when they see Superman walk into a room. Or Purrington had an overactive bladder and had to wear Depends all the time. Maybe all us humans just smell like sweat and piss and poo poo to him every moment.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

Maybe people piss themselves when they see Superman walk into a room. Or Purrington had an overactive bladder and had to wear Depends all the time. Maybe all us humans just smell like sweat and piss and poo poo to him every moment.

It'd be pretty dece if Superman gave the Agent Smith 'Parasites' speech from The Matrix.

naem
May 29, 2011

whatever7 posted:

One of the main causes of WWI was that the German Kaiser became too ambitious and wanted to build up the navy to contest with British empire's oversea colonial markets.

Rapid raising of a regional superpower is the most unstable state in geopolitics, usually it results in major warfare and reestablishment of new world order.

Causes of WWII was WWI and the idiotic Treaty of Versailles.

China wants to start wwIII over fish

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

many johnnys posted:

The force of the blast and the direction of the blast's wave would have blown the piss onto Senator Patrick Leahy (D), a staple of the Batman movies and Bernie Sanders' senior fellow senator from Vermont.

Once again demonstrating Snyder's libertarian wank.

Although, really, the people who got the most piss on them were the people who didn't pirate this trash.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

Seconding this, Ant Man was way better than I expected. It was legitimately funny at times, and was a cool "heist" movie in its own right. It felt different from your average Marvel fare while still feeling like it was a part of the larger whole.

it was solid, woulda been better if the wasp actually got to do poo poo as the wasp and if he was actually a cat burglar instead of a corporate robin hood since then everyone being suspicious of him would make sense but for Marvel's usual aversion to actually let their characters be less than 100% good guys it worked. Also would've helped to make Pym a bit more morally grey but w/e

Also the train toy should've crumpled when it got big and smashed into the wall because by their own premise you get stronger due to higher density ergo weaker due to lower density but now I'm just being petty

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

It'd be pretty dece if Superman gave the Agent Smith 'Parasites' speech from The Matrix.

they should just make superman a disaffected nerd and have him brutally kill everyone who makes him feel inferior and then get to have sex with a hot woman in the end

a power fantasy to really cater to their main demographic

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Superman knows all about the personal lives of everyone at the Daily Planet based on the smells they can't wash off.

He knows whose cat has a urinary tract infection that isn't being treated, he knows that the guy in accounting is sleeping with a photographer and an assistant editor, he knows that someone drinks at work to get through the day (but he doesn't know that it didn't start until 18 months ago), etc.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Piss Christ, but with a Superman emblem in the jar instead

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

it was solid, woulda been better if the wasp actually got to do poo poo as the wasp and if he was actually a cat burglar instead of a corporate robin hood since then everyone being suspicious of him would make sense but for Marvel's usual aversion to actually let their characters be less than 100% good guys it worked. Also would've helped to make Pym a bit more morally grey but w/e

Also the train toy should've crumpled when it got big and smashed into the wall because by their own premise you get stronger due to higher density ergo weaker due to lower density but now I'm just being petty

Also it had the same ending as Big Hero 6 but it was still cool and I have no idea which was out first and I don't care really.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Devils don't come from below, like a toilet. They come from above, like a golden shower.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Since Batman knows Lois is the key, does that mean he'll throw her into a pool of water in the next Justice League movie, and then jump in to get her a few minutes later?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mordja posted:

Mark Millar's the guy who did The Boys, right? A friend got me to read the first few issues of it back in college and I remember it being tryhard edgy bullshit. For reference's sake one of her favourite movies was Boondock Saints so not exactly the arbiter of good taste.

My guide to how to view and enjoy Boondock Saints:

A) Go to youtube and type THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT
B) Watch that clip
C) Pretend nothing else of the film exists

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Maybe they'll sack Henry Cavill and let the jar of pee play superman.

Just draw a frowny face on it and you're golden.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Since Batman knows Lois is the key, does that mean he'll throw her into a pool of water in the next Justice League movie, and then jump in to get her a few minutes later?

This movie has so much stupid in it that there's not enough hate for Lois "What the gently caress am I doing ever" Lane, who once again accomplished... well... uh.. she got herself in danger.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

It could have gone the other way and Doomsday goes to kill Lois and she says "I'm no [super]man!" as she drives the spear on home.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

On the other hand, Empire magazine.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

This movie has so much stupid in it that there's not enough hate for Lois "What the gently caress am I doing ever" Lane, who once again accomplished... well... uh.. she got herself in danger.

At some point Amy Adams probably wanted to scream at Snyder "I was in The Fighter god damnit!" but assumed Snyder had never seen it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

At some point Amy Adams probably wanted to scream at Snyder "I was in The Fighter god damnit!" but assumed Snyder had never seen it.

Ben Affleck directed a Best Picture winner and had to take direction from a completely autistic clod that just wants to make pretty still frames and doesn't understand actors or characters or plot.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Blazing Ownager posted:

My guide to how to view and enjoy Boondock Saints:

A) Go to youtube and type THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT
B) Watch that clip
C) Pretend nothing else of the film exists

boondock saints is fun in the sense that it's a movie about lucky idiots doing stupid things. it's not a good movie, but it's an enjoyable one.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Penn and Teller's stage show has gotten weird.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The force of the blast and the direction of the blast's wave would have blown the piss onto Senator Patrick Leahy (D), a staple of the Batman movies and Bernie Sanders' senior fellow senator from Vermont.

Once again demonstrating Snyder's libertarian wank.

Although, really, the people who got the most piss on them were the people who didn't pirate this trash.

I asked my friend take some portrait shots for my photography porfolio. He made me buy BvS tickets for him, in a Time Square theater. I ended up paying like 40 plus dollars to watch 2D Batman v Superman.

naem posted:

China wants to start wwIII over fish

What's what Kissinger said in "On China". But China is not raising power though, it's returning to its former power.

Plus China is completely on board the USD/globalization scam with the US.

whatever7 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 14, 2016

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Wasp will be in the sequel, the title of the sequel is apparently 'Ant Man and the Wasp'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Civil War sittin at 14 positive, 0 negative

• Locked thread