Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Y'know, it doesn't really help that Hayden's got that closed-mouth serial killer grin going on. Maybe that's Anakin's idea of a relaxing smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does it really brake your brain to think Anakin would want to look like Hayden Christenson rather than a poor schizophrenic or some 77 year old nobody.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

MonsieurChoc posted:

Is there any reason why Max von Sydow wasn't cast as Supreme Leader Ming the Merciless instead of being wasted in a throw-away role?

He's the Terrance Stamp/Peter Cushing of the new star war

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Cnut the Great posted:

No, that's not what Luke is. That was never the point of the story, not even when Shaw was the ghost. Luke is a grown-up. He doesn't need his father looking "down" on him or watching over him.

You have a really weird idea of what it means to be an adult. You can still think fondly about your parents.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Yaws posted:

Hayden Christensen and Sebastian Shaw look nothing alike. We seen Anakin looking like this:

and a scene later we see him 'as a younger man' looking like this:

My brain just can't reconcile the fact that they're the same people. .

Lol

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Yaws posted:

and a scene later we see him 'as a younger man' looking like this:

Yikes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

I'd rather have the scarred up no arm no legged old guy than some dude who looks like he's gonna offer candy to some kid to get in their van as the last image I'll ever see of my force ghost dad.

poo poo's creepy af

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Cnut seems to be applying a double standard that Obi-Wan couldn't choose to look how he wanted to look but Anakin could. everyone else looks how they looked when they died, and even if you buy into the "Anakin died when he came Darth Vader", which, by the way, I don't, he already had done a bunch of evil stuff in the version of Hayden they picked to go with so that doesn't hold water either.

I hate the Anakin/Darth Vader are completely separate people thing. If that's true, it happened when Anakin was given the name in the place where he cut off Mace's hand.

Seriously ever since TFA Cnut has been on a poo poo posting rampage.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Like i know we, for some reason, aren't allowed to be meta and talk about the community we pay a fee to be a part of, but it would be really great if people could just be mature enough to be like, you know what, I see your point, I can see why you think that, I disagree but I get it. People here lean so loving hard into their opinions it's just silly.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Yoda actually chose to be 200 years younger.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Cnut is one of the only posters here that puts any thought into what he says. Saying "nuh-uh, Hayden Christensen looks like a rapist!" is not interesting conversation.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

All the jousting with Tezzor broke Cnut I think. He was 100% a different poster up until a couple of months ago.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MrMojok posted:

All the jousting with Tezzor broke Cnut I think. He was 100% a different poster up until a couple of months ago.

These are the trials of the star wars

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Cnuts posts are never bad and no one ever does good responses.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
Just popping in to say I really like the special features on the new disc set

That is all

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

hhhat posted:

Just popping in to say I really like the special features on the new disc set

That is all

Yeah, they were quite good. I wish there were more though. I've been spoiled by the Lord of the Rings extended sets.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

MrMojok posted:

Its ok his force ghost will be his forums av from before TFA came out

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

rear end Catchcum posted:

Like i know we, for some reason, aren't allowed to be meta and talk about the community we pay a fee to be a part of, but it would be really great if people could just be mature enough to be like, you know what, I see your point, I can see why you think that, I disagree but I get it. People here lean so loving hard into their opinions it's just silly.

"The internet makes you stupid."

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

rear end Catchcum posted:

Cnut seems to be applying a double standard that Obi-Wan couldn't choose to look how he wanted to look but Anakin could. everyone else looks how they looked when they died, and even if you buy into the "Anakin died when he came Darth Vader", which, by the way, I don't, he already had done a bunch of evil stuff in the version of Hayden they picked to go with so that doesn't hold water either.

I hate the Anakin/Darth Vader are completely separate people thing. If that's true, it happened when Anakin was given the name in the place where he cut off Mace's hand.

Seriously ever since TFA Cnut has been on a poo poo posting rampage.

It's a metaphor dude, it's not newton's second law.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

cargohills posted:

Cnut is one of the only posters here that puts any thought into what he says. Saying "nuh-uh, Hayden Christensen looks like a rapist!" is not interesting conversation.

I'd rather not talk about Hayden Christensen in Star Wars at all. I would however wouldn't mind discussing the film Jumper. Does anyone remember Jumper?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Why would the Rebellion task a brand new recruit for a mission as important as stealing the plans for the Death Star?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Why would the Rebellion task a brand new recruit for a mission as important as stealing the plans for the Death Star?

Or blowing up the Death Star

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Or blowing up the Death Star

Like was flying as a random dude in Red Squadron, who was supposed to be running cover for the actual bombers that we're going to do the blowing up. Alliance leadership never intended for X-wings at all, let alone The New Guy, to be making trench runs.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Josh Lyman posted:

What does a fighter squadron have to do with espionage anyway? I thought that story was supposed to be all about the bothans. The many bothans who died to bring us this information. Wait is that line from rotj, I think it might.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

SHISHKABOB posted:

What does a fighter squadron have to do with espionage anyway? I thought that story was supposed to be all about the bothans. The many bothans who died to bring us this information. Wait is that line from rotj, I think it might.

Yeah, Bothans got information on the second Death Star, not the first one

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Its ok his force ghost will be his forums av from before TFA came out

Lol

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

I'd rather not talk about Hayden Christensen in Star Wars at all. I would however wouldn't mind discussing the film Jumper. Does anyone remember Jumper?

Shattered Glass was p good and Rachel bilson is hot so good job Hayden

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Double

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

SaltLick posted:

Dude did pretty well for himself, all things considered

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

SaltLick posted:

I would say Hayden Christensen is at least as attractive as Rachel Bilson, maybe even more so.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Don't know if this was posted yet but some "sources" have narrowed the lead for the Han Solo movie to Alden Ehrenreich after an impressive performance during screen tests - http://deadline.com/2016/04/star-wars-han-solo-movie-alden-ehrenreich-frontrunner-cast-1201737425/
Others in the narrowed subgroup include Taron Egerton and Jack Reynor but apparently Ehrenreich's performance was the best.

If you don't know who Alden Ehrenreich is, he played the cowboy actor Hobie in Hail, Caesar! this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2J31Shudtk

He's also the reason Anakin Skywalker turned evil. (slightly NSFW I guess)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAKaIntwwMg

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2403277/

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

turtlecrunch posted:

Don't know if this was posted yet but some "sources" have narrowed the lead for the Han Solo movie to Alden Ehrenreich after an impressive performance during screen tests - http://deadline.com/2016/04/star-wars-han-solo-movie-alden-ehrenreich-frontrunner-cast-1201737425/
Others in the narrowed subgroup include Taron Egerton and Jack Reynor but apparently Ehrenreich's performance was the best.

If you don't know who Alden Ehrenreich is, he played the cowboy actor Hobie in Hail, Caesar! this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2J31Shudtk

He's also the reason Anakin Skywalker turned evil. (slightly NSFW I guess)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAKaIntwwMg

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2403277/

That man looks too little to be young Harrison Ford

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Not My Harrison Ford

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Why is the subtitle of this thread called, 'Millennial Trash Discussion Station"?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Alden Ehrenreich is a good choice.

Thank gently caress it wasn't Miles Teller!

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I got roped on a rewatch even though I would have been perfectly fine just drinking a beer or two while waiting for others ugh

I'm just more convinced that this is a terrible movie. I thought I might have remembered it wrong but no, they really explain poo poo all about what happened between the movies, why the villains do anything they do or even who the gently caress they are. Is this really just me? I mean if I was a kid and I was expected to read a novel before a film to understand what is going on and nobody told me that I would think that was some bullshit. I don't expect the movie to explain everything but come on.

Kylo Ren was even worse this time. What a worthless villain, Jesus.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kylo Ren loving owns and is my favorite Star Wars character.

And I'm sorry you have to wait 2 years for the answers. But that is how movies like this work now. So, I dunno. Who cares.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

CelticPredator posted:

Kylo Ren loving owns and is my favorite Star Wars character.

And I'm sorry you have to wait 2 years for the answers. But that is how movies like this work now. So, I dunno. Who cares.

That's not in fact how movies work. I don't regularly find myself wondering what the gently caress is going on in a movie sequel, believe or not. Like take Avengers II, at no point was I baffled about where the gently caress Ultron came from and who he is or why the Avengers were in the situation they were in. This isn't me being a stickler about the franchise, I like that they went with new direction but they have to explain who the gently caress the main villain is. That's not asking too much. This is not a completely original story it is an addition to an existing one and I deserve thirty seconds of exposition goddamnit if you're calling them "First Order" instead of "Empire" :mad:

Kylo Ren doesn't own unless he was intended to be comic relief, in that case I completely misread the tone and he was great

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 14, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I mean, they just didn't explain who Snoke was, and who Rey's family is. That's it. The First Order is a buncha Empire lovers who continued what they started, and Kylo Ren is the broken, mentally unstable, son of lovely father Han Solo, and decided to to take a different path to spite his dad for being poo poo.

I mean, prior to the prequels, we knew nothing about Palpy outside of he's evil and wants to murder everyone that doesn't cooperate with the Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

jivjov posted:

Like was flying as a random dude in Red Squadron, who was supposed to be running cover for the actual bombers that we're going to do the blowing up. Alliance leadership never intended for X-wings at all, let alone The New Guy, to be making trench runs.

On the other hand, there are tons of fighter pilots present at the victory ceremony. They don't seem to have a shortage of pilots, why let the new guy fly at all? Maybe he was good at sims.

• Locked thread