Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TTerrible posted:

In all of this thread I never thought I'd see a shill get felchspooned.

Neither did the Stimpire.

Added to the lore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Google Butt posted:

can i get a rip in chat

rip

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ideate posted:

I don't think any reason you post in this thread is any less embarrassing

Well every single person that posts in this thread should be ashamed, so 100% agree there.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Neither did the Stimpire.

Added to the lore.

Loremaster can you post the stimperor gif.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Skellybones posted:

Derek drives like he posts: Fast, angry, and when he sees red he just gets faster and angrier
let me loving finish (crossing the intersection)

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

runsamok posted:

Clearly we need to complicate every intersection everywhere, or people can just go "Hey, why the gently caress am I waiting? I've come to a complete stop & there's nothing preventing me from turning safely, so I can proceed."

It's not complicating it? It's adding two lights and reducing the mental fatigue on drivers?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
nm

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

he's not wrong, nerd

everything about Star Citizen, including this thread, sucks eggs, I'm out, some of you need to go outside

lol don't be a drama queen

most people just quietly stop checking in when the thread's boring

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Skellybones posted:

Derek drives like he posts: Fast, angry, and when he sees red he just gets faster and angrier

Which Tesla does he have? I want to know if my car is faster than his.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SerCypher posted:

I think the funniest part of this all, is that Derek bought more spaceships secretly just so he can still count as a backer.

CIG is probably looking through their records so they can figure out where he got them from and issue non consensual refunds.

Derek I have a really good plan to make us some money, hear me out.

1)Find some ships on the grey market that sell for cheaper than CIG sells them.

2)Publicly announce you have them

3) Make a profit when CIG refunds you the full cost

How about we split it 50/50

Oh please. I've done that a number of times already. :D :D :D

I haven't made a big deal about it because it gets tiring after awhile. The downside is that they just refund and close. No communication other than the stock "GTFO"; like they did last year.

And the ONLY reason for the disclosure in my blog update, is because legal had told me to make it public. But since that portion of the blog didn't make the cut because of material that couldn't be sourced, I had removed the whole thing; and forgot about the disclosure. That's why it appeared in today's edit.

Also, the key to those accounts is that they are made up various States which are very hostile to companies breaking consumer laws. It was a strategic move which allows me to sue them in any of the States where an AG would rip them apart for any reason.

ideate
Aug 20, 2002

Ragequit posted:

Well every single person that posts in this thread should be ashamed, so 100% agree there.

I am glad we can come together on this important topic

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

D_Smart posted:

Now would be a good time for you all to send his Twitter account well wishes. It's going to get yanked.

These fuckers don't learn. How many accounts have I had yanked now? 7

ps: I know who he is. So that's going online within the next 24 hrs as well

Are you sure it's his real info? It might be an alias. I hear he has many…

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's not complicating it? It's adding two lights and reducing the mental fatigue on drivers?
but as long as you yield to oncoming traffic, you can always turn right on red. it's easier to just put up a sign for the places that you can't turn.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

ideate posted:

I don't think any reason you post in this thread is any less embarrassing

We should all feel shame

Edit

Ragequit posted:

Goddamn it

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

runsamok posted:

Are you sure it's his real info? It might be an alias. I hear he has many…

...and that has been a problem for me, because?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Derek whats the answer to the 8ace code

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

D_Smart posted:

...and that has been a problem for me, because?

he was making a funny Derek

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ideate posted:

Will someone email CS and say Derek Smart wants to buy their ships but you'd just take a refund from them if they'd prefer that

ROTFLMAO!!!

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Two lights is more complicated than a simple rule of thumb.

If going "Oh, look, I can safely turn right now" is a bridge too far for you mentally while driving, I don't know how you manage to get out of the driveway.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

what if it's a really good alias

like "babyface nelson"

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Samizdata posted:

Also, truthfully, I pretty much have made this clear in some private Discord chats, but I blame almost all of this on Sandi. Chris strikes me as mostly a well meaning schlub who has a really hard time saying no to people (as they would probably stop liking him if he did). I figure Sandi saw some buzz about Chris, had a brainstorm) and dug him out of her phone's contact list. In Chris she saw a chance to revive her flagging personal credibility (we have yet to see any real confirmation of her being the best marketer since she was a little girl) by being attached to THE BIGGEST CROWDFUNDING PROJECT EVA!!!111! By this point in time, it had been established that crowdfunding projects do often fail, usually with mostly minimal legal entanglements. So then, Sandi, Kingmaker (since she was a little princess), had her plan. (And, yes, at this point if this sounds like a heist movie, I am meaning it to).

She reconnected with Chris, locked down their relationship with children, and starting stroking his ego to build him up to act with such audacity. This was her ticket to the big time. Parties, news article, a fuller IMDB page and all. She could be a STAH again!

Then the KS launched. Money started rolling in, but a few people started having questions. BAM! Second big idea - OPEN DEVELOPMENT! There's no secrets here! We'll let you see EVERYTHING during our tours, even if said tours are reminiscent of the fake grocery store windows in North Korea. The development was just open enough to let you see what they wanted you to see. A wacky band of gender and race inclusive misfits, led by a BRILLYUNT! game developer from ages past (because all those drat geeks are awfully nostalgic for people that are supposedly futurists) and the most competent businesswoman since the invention of capitalism (albeit with no real verifiable CV as such - But, then again, DREAMS! don't need CVs), in a funfilled, luxurious workspace, no, hackerspace. And we'll add a splash of creativity and "sticking it to the man" by declaring "NO MASTERS! NO PUBLISHERS!" and going indy. That way they can suck in the malcontents and rebels in the geek crowd, too and steal some...valor?...no...glory from the burgeoning indy development scene.

She's determined to ride this train as long as possible to leach as much money and star power out of it as she can and drat the consequences, as I see it. We've seen some signs of her sociopathy and need for constant ego reinforcement on multiple occasions.

The problem is is that the seams on this ship weren't sealed with proper oakum, but with whatever was lying around and the captain refuses to look at the charts, declaiming instead that he knows the oceans better than anyone else. Even the most loyal sailors are starting to see the leaks overflowing the bilge and are torn between their rum rations and their oaths to the captain and their survival.

Sorry for the recent wall of text effort OpEds. Blame people like AP, G0rf, darkarchon and the Ace Collective for shaming me into it.

I don't buy the Messalina narrative, plus Claudius was a competent emperor. This hack was loving things up with this exact MO long before Sandi ever entered the picture.

e:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

MoMA are you Toast? please don't make a dumb play on words in response.
Remind me again who Toast is?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 14, 2016

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Also as someone who knows very little about the game apart from the ineptitude of the big trio (Chris/Sandi/Ben/maybe Disco whatever his real name is), can someone explain in a sentence or two what the stimpire is, because I see it occasionally referenced. Is it game lore or some side thing from the movie?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ideate posted:

Will someone email CS and say Derek Smart wants to buy their ships but you'd just take a refund from them if they'd prefer that

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/720421290746769408

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

runsamok posted:

Two lights is more complicated than a simple rule of thumb.

If going "Oh, look, I can safely turn right now" is a bridge too far for you mentally while driving, I don't know how you manage to get out of the driveway.

Eh, probably just not used to it.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Ragequit posted:

Also as someone who knows very little about the game apart from the ineptitude of the big trio (Chris/Sandi/Ben/maybe Disco whatever his real name is), can someone explain in a sentence or two what the stimpire is, because I see it occasionally referenced. Is it game lore or some side thing from the movie?

Fan fiction from the forums. Now archived, expanded & elucidated on by the thread.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

lol

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ragequit posted:

really terrible fanfiction that is inexplicably considered semi canon by cig

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
I really do hope that MoMA is a shill, because the alternative is that some sad nerd spent time combing through public records in Florida on the off chance that he could find something on Derek Smart that he could then drop into the thread once Derek said something that upset him. And that makes me sad.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Coolguye posted:

really terrible fanfiction that is inexplicably considered semi canon by cig

Gross.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

MeLKoR posted:

Remind me again who Toast is?

he's the asian guy who sits around and makes snippy remarks in the background on RtV sometimes. CIG lawyer I think.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
burn the thread and every poster in it

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Palisader posted:

Ah! Sorry, I was directing it more towards your comment--I couldn't possibly be hyped over something Todd Howard says because I don't follow gaming news closely enough to know what he's done in the past. So my frame of reference is, well, Gorf's post.

I feel like I'm Derek Smarting my explanation though, sorry

Your explanation would have be like 500x longer with no less than 50 links to be doing that.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sperglord posted:

The response from CIG sleeper agents here show that something Derek said was poorly received in headquarters. If I had to suspect, the FCA would be the most dangerous revelation.

As for the question of financials, CIG is the biggest test case of crowd funding. The firm has public financing via promotional material itself produces and the firm has private oversight over the financials and, more importantly, true state of the game. This situation is ripe for abuse and CIG is abusing it's position to the hilt. We know the game backend is screwed, but CIG doesn't dare say that, lest funding dry up. Every video by CIG is created to sell the game and, to the extent that the video does not capture the current state of development, that video is fraudulent.

CIG has committed fraud, years and years of fraud. We can only hope that the feds agree.

It's basically total bullshit. The fact that you can take 100m dollars from a bunch of tards (myself included) and you're barely beholden to them one iota, while if you'd gotten the money from VCs or some other traditional source they'd have your nuts in a box on their desk and they'd be constantly crawling up your rear end financially, just isn't right. Yeah, no one really gives that much of a gently caress about KSing 700 grand to make Jason: The Vidya Game, or 200 grand to make a tungsten bottle opener or some poo poo, but when you're talking many millions of dollars, let alone 100+ million dollars, there needs to be some laws and oversight and poo poo.

Didn't the feds just limit "Crowd investing" to some crazy low number? But the Crobbler can rake in 100m while giving no one a stake in anything and saying nothing whatsoever about their financials. Yeah, that makes sense.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Derek if I ever make you so mad you want to dox me, just let me know. I'll call my dad for you and save you the time.

rotflmao!! I'm dying here. That was beautiful. :five:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Derek please call my dad. He lives by himself and doesn't have much to do besides cross stitch and watch MSNBC.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Salty gonna salt

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Google Butt posted:

why doesn't Derek put the camel clutch on someone who deserves it like lethality. gently caress his rear end derek.

Because he never gave me a reason to before today.

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/719973037861388288

I always regarded him as an annoyance. That's why he is blocked.

But now I'm going to have his Twitter account yanked; then I'm going to post his RL identity in my feed and on mmorpg where he frequently posts with that other clown, Erilion.

Listen, none of these fuckers are exempt. I don't mind the poo poo-posting, trolling etc. That's why I ignore those rear end-clowns on /r/DerekSmart/. But sometimes, they get so carried away that they forget where that line - which they shouldn't cross - happens to be.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Ahh Derek, always and forever the internet warlord. One of the reasons I keep scrolling through the thread.

These loving dogges are another reason.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

FrankieGoes posted:

It's basically total bullshit. The fact that you can take 100m dollars from a bunch of tards (myself included) and you're barely beholden to them one iota, while if you'd gotten the money from VCs or some other traditional source they'd have your nuts in a box on their desk and they'd be constantly crawling up your rear end financially, just isn't right. Yeah, no one really gives that much of a gently caress about KSing 700 grand to make Jason: The Vidya Game, or 200 grand to make a tungsten bottle opener or some poo poo, but when you're talking many millions of dollars, let alone 100+ million dollars, there needs to be some laws and oversight and poo poo.

Didn't the feds just limit "Crowd investing" to some crazy low number? But the Crobbler can rake in 100m while giving no one a stake in anything and saying nothing whatsoever about their financials. Yeah, that makes sense.

Yeah, it is BS that Roberts can raise so much without oversight.

I think the financials are a distraction, what the backers truly deserve is an independent audit of the game code. We know nothing about the quality of work done. CIG says its brilliant, but we have no outside proof. This, more than financials, is the problem. CIG tells us the game is going well and raises money off that. We cannot check CIG's word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Palisader posted:

I really do hope that MoMA is a shill, because the alternative is that some sad nerd spent time combing through public records in Florida on the off chance that he could find something on Derek Smart that he could then drop into the thread once Derek said something that upset him. And that makes me sad.

The worst part isn't even that he did it, it's that he felt the need to bring it up and it was a loving traffic ticket.

Hey, I'm a loser spending time trying to dig up dirt on you because you said some mean things about the video game that I love, let me prove it by mentioning your heinous and embarrassing crime of missing the yellow by 1 second.

• Locked thread