Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bhsman posted:

Might want to check that first pic again. :v: Also, the Alex mod looks sweet but the face is kinda weird.

What about the first pic? Its his battle costume (unreleased). Though yeah, his story mode is even worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually like 90s Skater Dude Alex

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

bhsman posted:

Might want to check that first pic again. :v: Also, the Alex mod looks sweet but the face is kinda weird.

I know, he looks like he does in 3S instead of being a random dude

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

If he was wearing pants and shoes I would love Alex's costume, would make him look like a ripped delivery boy, but they didn't give him pants so it looks dumb. Why can't Capcom make a costume that looks like clothes that actual people would wear.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Thought the patch had dropped but it turns out it's just some steam thing.

oh good i was worreid i broke something

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Dracula Factory posted:

If he was wearing pants and shoes I would love Alex's costume, would make him look like a ripped delivery boy, but they didn't give him pants so it looks dumb. Why can't Capcom make a costume that looks like clothes that actual people would wear.

I don't want these people to wear clothes that actual people would wear, I want them to wear crazy poo poo that looks cooler than the stuff actual people wear.

The key phrase being "cooler than the stuff actual people wear." What we're actually getting is "I am wearing the things Goodwill wouldn't accept from my failed garage sale."

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Booyah- posted:

What about the first pic? Its his battle costume (unreleased). Though yeah, his story mode is even worse.

I saw that his profile was that of the mod's and I thought his face looked off but I may have been wrong. (I haven't tried the battle costume for Alex yet, which probably explains it)

AnonSpore posted:

I know, he looks like he does in 3S instead of being a random dude

I can see that that's what the guy was going for, and for the most part it's pretty accurrate and it looks great, but even then the mod has this abnormally long face for him.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

SFV is happening right now, it's a pretty ok watch: https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
When they announce Guile's V-Trigger, it had better be this and just complete the reference; they got close with his Halloween outfit in USF4, but not close enough IMO. :goleft:

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bhsman posted:

SFV owns; if you don't like it then maybe this game and its nine frames of imput lag isn't for you.

Unironically.

you might have a different opinion if you could play the game at a remotely competent level fwiw

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

interrodactyl posted:

you might have a different opinion if you could play the game at a remotely competent level fwiw

Man, there have been a lot of :jerkbag:-worthy comments so far but this one is pretty good. :golfclap:

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Seeing that pic of Alex's alt outfit reminded me of how much I hate Laura's alt.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

There was a reply here, it's gone now. Here look at this dumb video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMxngzhI3ps

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 14, 2016

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bhsman posted:

Man, there have been a lot of :jerkbag:-worthy comments so far but this one is pretty good. :golfclap:

i would love to a replay

my guess is you just can't tell how bad the feel is

especially since you say it feels the same as sf4

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

interrodactyl posted:

i would love to a replay

Oh - don't you worry your cute little head - I'm pretty bad. That said, I'm sure if I were real good, I'd just be a shill to you instead of a scrub, not that I particularly care about what you think about me.

Not sure why you're so invested, either way; do you not like the idea of people enjoying stuff that you don't?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

It's actually been explained multiple times at this point why people might be invested in the continued development of this game despite thinking it's pretty trash at this point, and to a lesser extent why they're invested in not letting people shut down the criticism and even just pure mockery of the game and the people who made it.

Also Birdie's chain still clips into the necklace portion during his character select animation and that's fuckin lazier than most of the trolling on both sides of the coin in this thread.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bhsman posted:

Oh - don't you worry your cute little head - I'm pretty bad. That said, I'm sure if I were real good, I'd just be a shill to you instead of a scrub, not that I particularly care about what you think about me.

Not sure why you're so invested, either way; do you not like the idea of people enjoying stuff that you don't?

if you can't tell the difference in responsiveness idk what to say except that you're too bad to notice the impact

I don't care about you enjoying the game but when are you going to stop acting like you know about things you don't even understand

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SFIV does not feel like SFV, fwiw

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I recently reinstalled sfiv so help me god...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Doing Gennei Jin stuff is fun in that game even if Yun has about 4 million better uses for meter

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
It's like someone trying to make a basket with a basketball and a medicine ball and going "lol I don't notice the difference"

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Did I do it wrong

Was I supposed to use a car analogy

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

interrodactyl posted:

i would love to a replay

bhsman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTtgVSxfr5M

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

interrodactyl posted:

Did I do it wrong

Was I supposed to use a car analogy

No, you're in Games, so you should've made some comparison to Dark Souls

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Also Birdie's chain still clips into the necklace portion during his character select animation and that's fuckin lazier than most of the trolling on both sides of the coin in this thread.

It still loving amazes me Dhalsim's pants clips through his leg in his idle stance. It happening during movement is one thing but his idle stance?

Oh and they also still haven't fixed the P2 side of the character select screen having lower gravity than the P1 side. They tried a taping over the cracks fix in the last patch but that doesn't solve the problem. I honestly believe they have no idea how to fix it properly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ventana posted:

No, you're in Games, so you should've made some comparison to Dark Souls

They are both like Dark Souls in that they are slow and methodical

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

interrodactyl posted:

if you can't tell the difference in responsiveness idk what to say except that you're too bad to notice the impact

I don't care about you enjoying the game but when are you going to stop acting like you know about things you don't even understand

Cool, anything else you want to get off your chest?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Baal posted:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Baal posted:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Vega's standing HK crush counter is kind of rear end. It misses all crouchers, and doesn't seem to connect against certain reversals. It's also pretty useless to try and set up a frame trap for it.

There is, however, a solid alternative to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDvL35nXQzg

Standing Fierce so good, y'all.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

Vega's standing HK crush counter is kind of rear end. It misses all crouchers, and doesn't seem to connect against certain reversals. It's also pretty useless to try and set up a frame trap for it.

There is, however, a solid alternative to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDvL35nXQzg

Standing Fierce so good, y'all.

im really struggling to understand this video

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Booyah- posted:

im really struggling to understand this video

The video description says it all, but I'll repeat it here.

Vega's standing round house is garbage as a crush counter. It's really slow, misses all crouchers, doesn't have a lot of active frames, you can't really it set it up with frame traps, and doesn't seem to work against every reversal.

Vega's standing Fierce (claw on), however, forces stand on crouchers, and when you score a counter hit (as a frame trap or reversal punish) combos after a claw switch into his crouching medium kick, which then combos into his target combo. You can go into mk roll after medium punch, or finish the target combo into V-skill, or EX flying barcelona (with resulting shenanigans), or V-trigger and Super. It's probably Vega's best punish option.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
some reversals like karin's leave the character crouching so some cc moves will whiff

he's showing what you can do instead of hitting st.HK with claw

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bhsman posted:

Cool, anything else you want to get off your chest?

He is right though, I am A Bad and it is quite noticeable how bad the input delay in this game is. It is also one of those uncontestable bad things and you should not be arguing about it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
You're not really missing out on any stun or damage by going for st. hp, either.

edit: After doing some more labbing, counter st. HP claw switch does more damage than every st. HK crush counter series using equivalent resources.

crush>fierce>hk roll 276 dmg 443 stun
>ex FBA 324 dmg 455 stun
>ex claw swipe 300 dmg 475 stun
>v-trigger>super 497 dmg 315 stun

counter>swap>cr. mk>target combo>v. skill 275 dmg 454 stun
>exFBA 349 dmg 506 stun
>v-trigger>super 502 dmg 406 stun

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 14, 2016

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Dias posted:

He is right though, I am A Bad and it is quite noticeable how bad the input delay in this game is. It is also one of those uncontestable bad things and you should not be arguing about it.

This is already a dumb argument that has continued far too long (not directing this at you specifically, FWIW) but I already mentioned that it may have just been me; ie, there was a chance I was wrong.

EDIT: nevermind

bhsman fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 14, 2016

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

A.o.D. posted:

You're not really missing out on any stun or damage by going for st. hp, either.

edit: After doing some more labbing, counter st. HP claw switch does more damage than every st. HK crush counter series using equivalent resources.

crush>fierce>hk roll 276 dmg 443 stun
>ex FBA 324 dmg 455 stun
>ex claw swipe 300 dmg 475 stun
>v-trigger>super 497 dmg 315 stun

counter>swap>cr. mk>target combo>v. skill 275 dmg 454 stun
>exFBA 349 dmg 506 stun
>v-trigger>super 502 dmg 406 stun

Not to poop on your work but I have been working on Vega and I got all that beat.

cc no bar:
(claw) st.hk, st.hp, stance switch, st.lp, cr.mp mk roll 306/525
(no claw) st.hk, st.hk, st.lp, cr.mp, mk roll 315/525
ex walldive
(claw) st.hk, st.hp, stance switch, st.lp cr.mp ex walldive->izuna 350/541
(no claw) st.hk, cr.mk st.mp->hk, ex walldive-> izuna - 361/501

For everyone except for Karin basically, st.hk really is superior.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
AoD is a loving fraud

shame him out of this thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

wow I guess A.o.D.'s first post about this was a Hard Read