Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Taking photos and then tracing the gently caress out of them, more likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Renon Vesir posted:

I guess it's too much to hope for that this Bethesda game would have the retro sci-fi look. I want a game that is Lost in Space with dumb box robots and flash gordon sound effects and blinking lights on consoles that don't do poo poo. Oh well. It will at least be a game that exists and I will probably play the hell out of it regardless.

Dogge photos incoming.

My shitbird husky thought my house was too tidy after I cleaned all day, so she picked one toy out of the beanbag chair I pile them in and threw it on the floor at my feet. Piggy is her favorite.

I had to stop what I was doing and play with her.

I want your dog and my dog also please.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

FrankieGoes posted:

Did you see the part where someone asked "So why don't you" and he said something like "It's in the works"???

Yeah, it's bullshit. I'm sure my attorney can't wait to explain to them what tortious interference actually means. It's the same poo poo them and that other wanker, WulfKnight, have been clamoring about since last year. First, they'd have to come to Florida to sue me. Which, as hilarious as that sounds, it will get tossed on sight - and they get to pay my costs. Which means, like I did the last fellow who tussled with me, I get to counter and bankrupt every single one in the suit.

Again, it's just words and I don't think they're dumb enough to even try it. My liability insurance co will send the paralegal to wipe the floor with them, because $500 /hr attorneys would be waste of time.

quote:

Tortious interference is a common law tort allowing a claim for damages against a defendant who wrongfully
interferes with the plaintiff's contractual or business relationships. See also intentional interference with contractual relations.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Ragequit posted:

There is nothing tying me to a real name as well. I also don't use Twitter or Reddit, so that probably helps. Instead of Beet Wagon you should use more common words for usernames, like "Hello" and "the". This may require getting in on the ground floor for every single new service, so best of luck.

you're doing a great job

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

You know, down this path lies banination. I'd turn from it now.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Interesting new art direction…

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, it's bullshit. I'm sure my attorney can't wait to explain to them what tortious interference actually means. It's the same poo poo them and that other wanker, WulfKnight, have been clamoring about since last year. First, they'd have to come to Florida to sue me. Which, as hilarious as that sounds, it will get tossed on sight - and they get to pay my costs. Which means, like I did the last fellow who tussled with me, I get to counter and bankrupt every single one in the suit.

Again, it's just words and I don't think they're dumb enough to even try it. My liability insurance co will send the paralegal to wipe the floor with them, because $500 /hr attorneys would be waste of time.

I keep reading that as torturous interference...

Maybe I've been spending too much time in my workshop...

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Toops posted:

you're doing a great job

Thank you Toops, you are too.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

*goes to her page*

Oh, she's another Star Citizen concept artist!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

runsamok posted:

I'm the weird hip hand.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

It started with snipes at "armchair lawyers" in which I said that there is a clear difference on opinions either being dog piled on or let pass depending on whether they are pro-CIG Anti-Derek or the inverse.

What AP posted isn't armchair lawyering, though.
Those are your rights as a consumer. You should be familiar with them.

Everyone should.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

runsamok posted:

That's amazing. Archer apparently documented his vast knowledge of Photoshop filters before he left.

Edit: Who was the goon that had to find fakes/copies as part of his job? We need him on the case.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 14, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Toops posted:

Hey friend it's great to see you.

So, how much sweet space shep you in for? We have a special award we give out here at SA for Concierge backers.

Oh, yeah. Toops caught a case of :pgabz:itis. Things can only get better from here.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Actually no, I am a very careful driver. In fact, the last time I got any sort of traffic infraction before now, was back in 2001 I believe.

The issue is that I have two fast cars (Tesla Model S P85+, Aston Martin DB9) and due to the acceleration the cameras - both instances - snapped me as I was crossing on Amber, but it was meant for the clown behind me. In fact, when I logged into the citation site to look at the before/after footage, it was clear what happened. That's why I didn't pay the ticket, even though there would be no points. Plus, $75 is still cheaper than almost $300; and I don't have to step foot in court.

What year is the DB9? Astons are so badass. At one point I thought I'd buy myself a "cheap" "exotic" and thought maybe I could pick up a late 70s/early 80s Aston (from the dark days of motoring, when even Ferraris were slow as poo poo due to emissions choking and lack of the technology that's out there now) and couldn't believe it when I saw even those Astons going for 150 grand.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I love it when Derek goes full Derek.

runsamok posted:

Dude looks like Richard Garriot.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

AP posted:

Maybe it's a Star Citizen inspired sofa?

Hey, now. He's being prudent with backer money. Did you NOT see the free shipping?

Renon Vesir
Apr 24, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

I want your dog and my dog also please.

They would probably get along, she is super friendly towards other dogs and loves to run around like crazy. We found some husky mix on the street and brought him home to try and find out who he belonged to- they both went berserk for each other and we're tearing rear end up and down my entire back yard. (it's huge and fenced in.) She was so drat sad when we found his owners on Facebook and her new boyfriend had to go home. She moped for an entire day. We have two other dogs so it's not like she's lonely but drat. She made me feel bad.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

God drat I hope Ryan Archer has resorted to selling his rear end for cheap booze.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
wow what a crazy coincidence that variable5 and ragequit both decided to make posts that aren't about derek smart for the first time in their posting careers at the exact same time!

i guess since they're not posting about why derek smart is bad, they aren't shills :shrug:

the world is just a c razy place.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I am here to tell you that Star Citizen is incredibly good and Derek Smart is a very bad man.

(haha you stupid idiots, you don't even know I'm a shill)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

A Neurotic Jew posted:

wow what a crazy coincidence that variable5 and ragequit both decided to make posts that aren't about derek smart for the first time in their posting careers at the exact same time!

i guess since they're not posting about why derek smart is bad, they aren't shills :shrug:

I'm convinced. Why don't you give them a break.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
hello fellow coimmunity members, what is this "stimpire" all the kids are speaking of? a hurfy durfy durpity dooooooooo

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I am the lead invigilator on the invigilation team.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

I don't buy the Messalina narrative, plus Claudius was a competent emperor. This hack was loving things up with this exact MO long before Sandi ever entered the picture.

e:

Remind me again who Toast is?

Isn't Toast that forum mod on CIG forums?

I think that would fit with his claims to not be "employed" by CIG since you can volunteer to do that, but it also puts you a step above the typical cultist if you are voluntarily running the digital equivalent of a prison where everyone has to post with a certain mindset

Renon Vesir
Apr 24, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

God drat I hope Ryan Archer has resorted to selling his rear end for cheap booze.

Motherfucker needs to steal himself a toothbrush and a new sense of fashion

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

FrankieGoes posted:

What year is the DB9? Astons are so badass. At one point I thought I'd buy myself a "cheap" "exotic" and thought maybe I could pick up a late 70s/early 80s Aston (from the dark days of motoring, when even Ferraris were slow as poo poo due to emissions choking and lack of the technology that's out there now) and couldn't believe it when I saw even those Astons going for 150 grand.

Mine is the 2012. Love that car.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

:ughh: You seem a bit obsessed

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Pebergehund posted:

A lot of good stuff here, but while Sandy is certainly a bad influence, I still think Chris is the one most at fault here. The two are actually extremely similar in a way; they are both has-beens (or never-was) with grand dreams of being big shot movie producers living in luxury, they both recognize that this requires a lot of cash and hard work and eager are both to let other people supply those.

Sorry, I rather more see Chris as a good natured bumbler with delusions of grandeur that is terrified of being unliked and alone. Thus the surrounding of himself with cronies from his past when he was vaguely relevant.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Variable 5 posted:

:ughh: You seem a bit obsessed

beep boooooop

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

G0RF posted:

No sooner than 2017, obviously.

I don't expect any one game to be the CIG killer, though-- I think they're already experiencing the death of 1000 cuts. Many of the deepest cuts will come from competitors and indeed already are.

Mass Effect Andromeda is going to destroy SQ42 in the single-player sci-fi Space Game market, despite the probable absence of much spaceship pew-pew. What it lacks in spaceship pewpew it will more than make up for in Player Agency, work building, game lore, FPS mechanics, and probably multiplayer side content too. (I know some people in thread crap on Bioware as CYOA games but there's a difference between a great one and a shite one and SQ42 is destined to redefine shite CYOA games.)

I've more to say about Starfield in part two but one thing I'll note now is the big publishers and studios -- particularly with space ip in production -- find the CIG funding model outrageous -- especially because it's obvious that Roberts can't deliver on it. Todd Howard already thinks $60 is too much for most games - unless they really deliver a wealth of content and replayability. Selling $1000 spaceship IOUs when you're a terribly managed studio holding your engine and PTU together with duct tape and blood sacrifices is outright cheating people. I'm not saying the industry is peopled with moral avatars or anything - it's not - but most of them want to put out titles worthy of the price consumers pay for them.

I'd not be surprised if some studios have been tracking Star Citizen pretty carefully and making reasonable adjustments to their own IP in development with an eye towards taking a bigger bite out of Roberts marketplace. Bioware is one of them, Bethesda may be another.

Sorry to write so much but got going...

Someone I went to college with that I'm fairly friendly with works at Zenimax and work(s)(ed) extensively on ESO. Should I inquire? And if so what would be good things to ask?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

First, nice of you to troll public records looking for me.

FYI, I got a Red light camera ticket early this year. I paid an attorney $75 to beat it, since it was wrong (and court ruled illegal). Never stepped foot in a court building. Nice try.

When I come back from lunch, since it was already revealed to me that you are a CIG plant, now it would be my turn to uncover who you are, so you can end the bullshit. You have your "mate" to thank for that. And that's why I have a lockbin account.

Remember, you started this. And you had many chances to not make this personal. You should probably go back to the guide you were given.

bbl

D_Smart posted:

Just posting this for the record and show that, in all your posts directed at me, you declared shots fired.

So, I am giving you 24hrs to do the following:

1) come clean on who you are in RL

2) post "As seen on SA" in your Twitter feed and post the link here

Failure to do this, will leave me no choice.

ps: I don't intend to dox anyone here; that aside from the fact that I am not a fan of doxing. Revealing rear end-clowns hiding behind aliases/avatars - especially shills - is not doxing.

Quoting for posterity.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

hello fellow coimmunity members, what is this "stimpire" all the kids are speaking of? a hurfy durfy durpity dooooooooo

Seriously didn't know, don't know what to tell ya man. I had thought it might be fan made with a dumb name like that, but when Beet mentioned it quickly went to a dark sexual place I decided to pass on reading it.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone in this thread is a shill for CIG and Derek smart at the same time. You just add star citizen logic to the mix.

Also, this lethality fellow seems a bit unhinged,

"It's not controversial because of spoilers. It's controversial because it's theft of property.Once again, garbage arrogant users like the OP think they own CIG's intellectual property. You do not."

"Really? Why, because I'm respectful toward CIG's ownership? "

"You, specifically, are a piece of poo poo coward. Better?"

"Because Reddit os a broken joke."

"Piece of poo poo cowards who post these things."

"Think before you speak."

paaarp

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

beep boooooop

Show us on the doll where the post touched you

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

D_Smart posted:

Just posting this for the record and show that, in all your posts directed at me, you declared shots fired.

So, I am giving you 24hrs to do the following:

1) come clean on who you are in RL

2) post "As seen on SA" in your Twitter feed and post the link here

Failure to do this, will leave me no choice.

ps: I don't intend to dox anyone here; that aside from the fact that I am not a fan of doxing. Revealing rear end-clowns hiding behind aliases/avatars - especially shills - is not doxing.

Derek has a very particular set of skills. Skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like you.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/719973037861388288

You appear to have a mental condition called being a bitch

I wanted to register a twitter account just to tweet that to that guy but I realized how stupid twitter is and why I don't have one in the first place, so this will have to do.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sperglord posted:

The response from CIG sleeper agents here show that something Derek said was poorly received in headquarters. If I had to suspect, the FCA would be the most dangerous revelation.

As for the question of financials, CIG is the biggest test case of crowd funding. The firm has public financing via promotional material itself produces and the firm has private oversight over the financials and, more importantly, true state of the game. This situation is ripe for abuse and CIG is abusing it's position to the hilt. We know the game backend is screwed, but CIG doesn't dare say that, lest funding dry up. Every video by CIG is created to sell the game and, to the extent that the video does not capture the current state of development, that video is fraudulent.

CIG has committed fraud, years and years of fraud. We can only hope that the feds agree.

And it really sucks. Not only are so many good people going to end up with their CVs tainted from all this, but this will help leave a reeking, fetid cloud over crowdfunding games, no matter how many HBS's we get.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

hosed up if true.

• Locked thread