Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Someone (not us, at least it better loving have not been us) posted one of the pics on Reddit with a throwaway account. :lol:

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Apr 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Somebody posted one of them on Facebook with a real account.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in the last 13 pages but what time does this start tomorrow? I don't see it in the first post, and I don't see it on their website.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

lelandjs posted:

Someone (not us, at least it better loving have not been us) posted one of the pics on Reddit with a throwaway account. :lol:

Remember when Reddit tried playing the same year as our first year and got banned in like 4 hours?

Blackajack
Aug 5, 2012

Ottakringer Helles

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere in the last 13 pages but what time does this start tomorrow? I don't see it in the first post, and I don't see it on their website.

2300 UTC, 6:00 pm CDT

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Blackajack posted:

2300 UTC, 6:00 pm CDT

Awesome, thanks.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Shooting Blanks posted:

Right after Freebird ends.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Took every day I could off work for this.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Trivia why are you sleeping? You know you're not allowed to sleep. Wake up, trivia!!!!!

Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I am excited for trivia.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Curly Shuffle posted:

I am excited for trivia.

I second this motion.
I'm actually off for most of the weekend so I can participate!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Tim Peters, let's all get together for a drink somewhere next year. Whatever old man bar you like. :shobon:

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
Got the flat stocked up for the weekend and t-shirts arrived today. Furstation Scotland is almost ready to go!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Question, doesn't every team get the same pictures? Why would posting them anywhere be an issue?

Off this weekend and ready to sit behind a chat window for 72 hours straight!

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

ChesterJT posted:

Question, doesn't every team get the same pictures? Why would posting them anywhere be an issue?

Off this weekend and ready to sit behind a chat window for 72 hours straight!

Because those are the rules and the Oz hates the internet

Context
Sep 11, 2006

Phuzzy posted:

That, and, if the pictures are posted publicly the answers are likely to be posted publicly as well (by commenters driving by with answers/speculation). It would get out of control real fast.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
If everyone has the answers, no one does.

This has been I Greyhound's koan of the day.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Phuzzy posted:

Which made me double take when I read about the online team registration. But I guess it's hard not to take people's money if they're willing to overpay

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Context posted:

That, and, if the pictures are posted publicly the answers are likely to be posted publicly as well (by commenters driving by with answers/speculation). It would get out of control real fast.

That seems impossible for most as no one knows what the questions are yet.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

lelandjs posted:

ahahaha, RIP shitlords

Phuzzy posted:

Oz hates the internet, which should be motivation enough for anyone to join what's clearly the most Internet team. He's not quite sure what to think of us, but I get the impression that he likes us for at the very least shaking things up and having a quite obviously great time.

As the team's self appointed official PR liaison, I am going to try and get us another Trivia Focus.

H2SO4 fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 14, 2016

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

That seems impossible for most as no one knows what the questions are yet.

Typically the question is "who is this person?" or something similarly easy if you've already identified the picture.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

26 hours! :supaburn:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

H2SO4 posted:

ahahaha, RIP shitlords

Oz hates the internet, which should be motivation enough for anyone to join what's clearly the most Internet team. He's not quite sure what to think of us, but I get the impression that he likes us for at the very least shaking things up and having a quite obviously great time.

As the team's self appointed official PR liaison, I am going to try and get us another Trivia Focus.

Oz knows the contest today is much different from the pre-internet years and probably wishes it could be like the old days. In that sense, we're probably a reminder that those days are dead. However, I get the sense that he appreciates the fact that a new team has enthusiastically embraced his baby and brought some new life to something that was starting to become a bit of an ol boys club.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I've just been hit with work on Saturday all day but I might be getting Sunday morning off in exchange. It sucks but I'll definitely stop by the Irc when I can.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Most people are getting tired and burnt out on Sunday, so it'll be good to have someone fresh take over.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
If you have not done trivia with us before, and want to get a sense of what the contest and some of the opposing teams are like before this weekend, you should drop by IRC tonight around 9 pm EDT!

How to IRC: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764188#post456222572

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
That doesn't really apply to me, but what's happening tonight?

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Superrodan posted:

That doesn't really apply to me, but what's happening tonight?

Some people are watching a movie together (Trivia Town). Others are looking for pictures. Contest starts Friday @ 7pm Eastern

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.
Oh drat, I'm missing Trivia Town? Nooooo!

Assless Chaps
May 7, 2007

*ding*
Clapping Larry
First-time trivia participant here, thinking of dropping into IRC later to chat, and possibly if I'm bored at work tomorrow.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Assless Chaps posted:

First-time trivia participant here, thinking of dropping into IRC later to chat, and possibly if I'm bored at work tomorrow. I'm assuming it's OK if I pop in and out as time permits?

Of course, and the questions are typically transcribed quickly in chat so you don't even need to listen to the audio stream to participate. It's a good idea to get verified on IRC today though because people are pretty busy during the contest.

Assless Chaps
May 7, 2007

*ding*
Clapping Larry

wa27 posted:

Of course, and the questions are typically transcribed quickly in chat so you don't even need to listen to the audio stream to participate. It's a good idea to get verified on IRC today though because people are pretty busy during the contest.

Gonna do it right now ... hopefully I do everything right.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Curly Shuffle posted:

I am excited for trivia.

evergate
Jan 15, 2010
The eve before trivia is when everyone loses their collective poo poo in irc. Join us, won't you?

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
not participating in trivia is a real bad life decision

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

evergate posted:

The eve before trivia is when everyone loses their collective poo poo in irc. Join us, won't you?
confirmed, lost my poo poo. think Comcast took it, not sure yet

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

as one of the newbies this year, I can confirm of already having a good time this year and it hasn't even started!!

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Trivia people get laid significantly more often than non-trivia people. You like getting laid, don't you?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

C7ty1 posted:

as one of the newbies this year, I can confirm of already having a good time this year and it hasn't even started!!

I'm brand new and I solved two pictures! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

stubblyhead posted:

Trivia people get laid significantly more often than non-trivia people. You like getting laid, don't you?

I played trivia, got laid, and now I have a kid, play trivia with us and I will post cute baby pics occasionally

• Locked thread