Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Except for Baal.

I've learned not to expect anything from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Pink Gappy Pink Gappy Pink Gappy Pink Gappy

Daiya and Aishou look great

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

BaDandy posted:

It being the ultimate defensive Stand is basically true because GE was technically like that in the beginning, what with rebounding the physical attacks on the life it creates. I think Araki less forgot about that and more focused on the other poo poo it could do (and using that to win every fight just wouldn't be very exciting, yeah). It's the Ultimate Muda.

But from what I understand

1) It resets everything back to "zero"
2) This not only includes one's death (they still happen, there's just never a finality to it and so the Infinite Death Hell Loop happens) but one's will. This is probably why King Crimson stopped working and why DIavolo wasn't able to manifest it in the death loop.

The way I think of it is GER and KC are thematic parallels, and can both be thought of as having an effect on causality. KC leaves the effect, but erases the cause during the time skip, whereas GER can keep the cause but negate the effect. This is why Diavolo is locked in endless deaths, GER keeps causing death, but negates the effect, so it resets him to another death, and so on.

I don't think this is exactly how it works, but it's close enough to satisfy me, and seeing how the stands mirror one another makes it more satisfying than "I got the arrow, I win. Bye".

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Except for Baal.

I've learned not to expect anything from him.

You may not expect anything sir but the good citizens of ADTRW are behind on their "me" quota.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Everytime I see Damo I laugh then I remember he's actually loving scary.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Hahah god dammit! That's just it! That's what drives me up the wall! How does he get that! How is that fair! How can it work that way?! It's pissing me off!

Requiem is more or less an extension of giorno's "punch you into slow motion so you feel the pain for what feels like a long time" except instead of it overpowering your neural senses so that you experience pain in excruciating slow motion, it overpowers your soul and fills it with enough life that you are constantly experiencing "death" forever, but never actually reaching it due to requiem stands having control over souls or whatever and giorno's stand giving life when it attacks

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like to imagine that for the rest of Giorno's life (which is about six years after Part 5 ends), he'd run into one of Diavolo's deaths and have a hearty chuckle about it.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

Requiem is more or less an extension of giorno's "punch you into slow motion so you feel the pain for what feels like a long time" except instead of it overpowering your neural senses so that you experience pain in excruciating slow motion, it overpowers your soul and fills it with enough life that you are constantly experiencing "death" forever, but never actually reaching it due to requiem stands having control over souls or whatever and giorno's stand giving life when it attacks

Isn't that something Darkseid can do with his eyebeams and it's the single most evil and horrible thing he can do?
I'm not really sure Diavolo deserved that. He was just a dude who liked to sell heroin to kids. Kill him, don't drat him to an eternity of undying torture which he can't even just "turn off" like Kars because he's being constantly exposed to new stimuli, and not just the cold black void.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Just got to chapter 69 in SBR and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap is a really great stand both in name and its abilities, really cool.

SBR really picks up in the second half.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A 15 second preview of DiU episode 3 is probably coming out in around 3 hours.
Probably worth reopening the anime thread now

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Isn't that something Darkseid can do with his eyebeams and it's the single most evil and horrible thing he can do?
I'm not really sure Diavolo deserved that. He was just a dude who liked to sell heroin to kids. Kill him, don't drat him to an eternity of undying torture which he can't even just "turn off" like Kars because he's being constantly exposed to new stimuli, and not just the cold black void.

Did Giorno even know GER was doing that to Diavolo? And it wasn't for eternity, since Made in Heaven presumably put he out of his misery a few years later.

I'm more bothered by Josuke turning Enigma into a living book. Enigma wasn't really that different from Rohan when you think about it.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

A 15 second preview of DiU episode 3 is probably coming out in around 3 hours.
Probably worth reopening the anime thread now
Fair.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wonder if rohan can turn enigma the book into a book

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

El Hefe posted:

Just got to chapter 69 in SBR and Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap is a really great stand both in name and its abilities, really cool.

SBR really picks up in the second half.

Primo name, Primo design
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zztEmh6E2wY

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Silver2195 posted:

Did Giorno even know GER was doing that to Diavolo? And it wasn't for eternity, since Made in Heaven presumably put he out of his misery a few years later.

I'm more bothered by Josuke turning Enigma into a living book. Enigma wasn't really that different from Rohan when you think about it.

He sorrrrrt of figured that out toward the end, but it was probably a general guess without knowing the specifics.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

I imagine MiH made Diavolo experience his deaths in even more rapid succession until the universe ended, and then made him experience them all a second time until Emporio finally scrubbed that timeline's events entirely. Unless you subscribe to the theory that Giorno and GER were unaffected by MiH, in which case he could very well still be putting Diavolo through hell 2 Big Bangs later.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shokotan did a cover of Sono Chi no Sadame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v9f4Uvcd8A

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

The anime thread would be so much better if it was just anime-only people commenting instead of a manga-reader circlejerk

The circlejerk store called, and they're runnin' out of you!

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone happen to have any decent Gyro Zeppeli avatars?

Not that I'm thinking about changing my forums name and avatar to him or anything :ohdear:

toot toot

(I hosed up the transparency on the first and second ones a little bit (less on the second) so they look fine in gray forums and other light-ish forums but they'd probably look like poo poo in YOSPOS if that matters to you)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the third looks hella wrong. keep it the right orientation

this volume cover as a whole is 10/10

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

toot toot

(I hosed up the transparency on the first and second ones a little bit (less on the second) so they look fine in gray forums and other light-ish forums but they'd probably look like poo poo in YOSPOS if that matters to you)

A Good Post, thank you. Probably gonna get on that soon.

Custom title will probably just be "NYO HO", to be honest.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

there are two hos

RIP colour because 100kb is nothing

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

the third looks hella wrong. keep it the right orientation

but then it's not looking at the post!!!

(yeah I actually agree that it looks weird the other way BUT it's probably just because I'm used to it that way)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All posts are so bad Gyro looks away in disgust

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I stand by my idea.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

But I'll be fine.

All posts are so bad Gyro looks away in disgust

"Not gonna find any Golden Rectangles here."

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It's been changed, just waiting for it to update.

I used this one:

Although I was also tempted by this:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's a good cover of SBR probably my favorite

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

there are two hos

RIP colour because 100kb is nothing

Gyro having that grill is 100% my favorite part of his design.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Fiend Computer posted:

Gyro having that grill is 100% my favorite part of his design.

It's so dumb, yet it is also 100% perfect for his character. Of course he has an ostentatious grill with his own name on it. Of course he does.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It's so dumb, yet it is also 100% perfect for his character. Of course he has an ostentatious grill with his own name on it. Of course he does.

what, it's not like he'd have someone else's name on his teeth.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

what, it's not like he'd have someone else's name on his teeth.

Typically if one owns a grill, one doesn't have WORDS engraved on it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The person who posted that colour page of JoJolion also had a regular page from it

http://i.imgur.com/ZLQnG2i.jpg

Nothing especially spoilery though

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The person who posted that colour page of JoJolion also had a regular page from it

http://i.imgur.com/ZLQnG2i.jpg

Nothing especially spoilery though

:heysexy:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/SteelBallJack/status/719086319251501056

No source given from him.
He might upload a translation or whatever though

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

https://twitter.com/SteelBallJack/status/719086319251501056

No source given from him.
He might upload a translation or whatever though

Owns. DiU is perfectly paced, and cutting anything would just make it feel rushed.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Baal posted:

That's a good cover of SBR probably my favorite
Mine is probably this one cause it looks cool and tells you jack poo poo about the manga inside

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Not only does it have his name, it has an encouraging phrase preceding it, that he will never be able to read or see clearly but gently caress it GO! GO! ZEPPELI!

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Speaking of avatars, can someone be kind enough to crop me the only Giorno one that matters aka the panel from the "Taste of a Liar" scene?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

BaDandy posted:

Speaking of avatars, can someone be kind enough to crop me the only Giorno one that matters aka the panel from the "Taste of a Liar" scene?

Annoyingly, it's right against a panel edge, but this is the best I could get.