Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

GonSmithe posted:

That's cool, if you have any cards with Delirium in your deck on MTGO they added a counter for card types
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/casting-shadows-2016-04-13

Some good steps, but I just wonder how many new bugs on previously working cards SOI will introduce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

born on a buy you posted:

the quality of sets isn't determined by your poverty

to the poor it is

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I can't say I blame Nahiri that much

"Hey Sorin, where the gently caress where you when the Eldrazi woke up 300 years ago?"
"Oh sorry, I completely didn't even think about them."
"About the multiverse ending monsters that we locked away in my home and we swore to stop?"
"Yeah, been busy"

So she decided gently caress Sorin and gently caress his indifference to her home, she's going to murder his family, and draw the awakened Emrakul to Innistrad, then ask Sorin how the gently caress he likes it?

Ugin must be so ashamed of his companions. He wakes up after 1000 years of death-nap and the two people he left to manage their shared duty decided to go bumfuck stupid with each other.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Angry Grimace posted:

Nah, she's like "Sorin plz help" and he's like "gimme a second I just got done creating my perfect waifu" and Nahiri immediately goes "gently caress YOU" and attacks.

It doesn't seem like Sorin ever explains his hesitance? If he'd said "hey I just did a big thing, I need a few days to recover" Nahiri probably wouldn't have flipped out. Instead he condescends to her, reneges on his obligation, and then when she gets justifiably pissed he lets his angelic enforcer pick a fight rather than try to defuse the situation.

I mean, it's poorly written, but Sorin comes off like the much guiltier party here.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Onmi posted:

So she decided gently caress Sorin and gently caress his indifference to her home, she's going to murder his family, and draw the awakened Emrakul to Innistrad, then ask Sorin how the gently caress he likes it?

Ugin must be so ashamed of his companions. He wakes up after 1000 years of death-nap and the two people he left to manage their shared duty decided to go bumfuck stupid with each other.

Sorin, let's have seeeeeeeeeeeex

Eeeeh, no Nahiri :george:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
why did you have to post one of the two bad vindicate arts :smith:

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
i think the only good one is the tie fighter

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Zoness posted:

why did you have to post one of the two bad vindicate arts :smith:

The ironic thing is that the hotlink to vindicate under the artwork in the story links to the better vindicate artwork :v:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
What are Kor anyway? Cat people? Elves? Nahiri doesn't look like any of those. She looks like a plain old lady.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Nahiri, Plain Ol' Lady 2WR

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Jive posted:

What are Kor anyway? Cat people? Elves? Nahiri doesn't look like any of those. She looks like a plain old lady.

Silvery albino people basically. The men have flesh goatees.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Mr. Jive posted:

White (literally) people with big skulls.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

black potus posted:

Denver folks where do you guys play Standard? I just bought back in because Innistrad is great. Is DCG the best place?

Denver Central Games is a good place.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Onmi posted:

I can't say I blame Nahiri that much

"Hey Sorin, where the gently caress where you when the Eldrazi woke up 300 years ago?"
"Oh sorry, I completely didn't even think about them."
"About the multiverse ending monsters that we locked away in my home and we swore to stop?"
"Yeah, been busy"

Avacyn attacked her and then it seems like Sorin decided to stick Nahiri in the Helvault instead of trying to actually reason with her. This would both explain what she's been up to for all these years and also why she's so pissed. I find the idea of Sorin locking a "friend" for hundreds of years in a prison holding a bunch of angry, immortal demons hilarious. What could possibly go wrong?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I enjoy Sorin being portrayed as a contemptuous rear end in a top hat with no real regard for lesser beings (meaning virtually everyone). "Sorry I forgot to come help you with those reality-consuming monstrosities we imprisoned on your homeworld like I promised I would, kid, but you raised your voice to me about it so gently caress off."

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Voyager I posted:

I enjoy Sorin being portrayed as a contemptuous rear end in a top hat with no real regard for lesser beings (meaning virtually everyone). "Sorry I forgot to come help you with those reality-consuming monstrosities we imprisoned on your homeworld like I promised I would, kid, but you raised your voice to me about it so gently caress off."

Remember when Zendikar was doomed in the original block when Sorin never bothered to explain to Nissa what the gently caress he was trying to do on Zendikar, leading to her to mistrust him when she found out he was a vampire and had no idea what he was doing with the Hedron?

Sorin is just the worst, and this really is everything crashing down for him. He shows up to find Ugin and it's like "The Eldrazi are here, we have to stop them" "Okay cool, where's Nahiri." "... We don't REALLY need Nahiri do we, she doesn't really like me all that much we can do this ourselves right?" "Sorin. Go find Nahiri, and do not come back until you have her with you."

Now he's headed home and his entire family is dead and he's been forced to kill his waifu-angel

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I think you guys may be reading just a bit too deep between the lines of Magic Story.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Can you equip a creature that is already equipped with the same equipment?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Looks that way.

Grafted Wargear Rulings on Gatherer posted:

You may activate this card’s equip ability targeting the creature that it is currently attached to, even if it’s the only creature you control. Since the equip ability costs zero, you can do this as many times as you like during your main phases, though it generally won’t do anything.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Bugsy posted:

Can you equip a creature that is already equipped with the same equipment?

Yes. There is a combo that does it with a 0 cost equip and just targets the creature over and over.

Edit: finally remembered. It's using shuko in cephalid breakfast.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 14, 2016

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I like how Sorin doesn't interfere in the fight between Nahiri and Avacyn until it becomes clear that Avacyn is outmatched. I assume the part of the story where he locks her in the Helvault will be forthcoming. I bet that part, and the part where Nahiri returns to Zendikar to find it lain to waste will be from Nahiri's point of view. I also bet Sorin will also completely neglect to mention his relationship with Nahiri to Olivia Voldaren and will just say something like "she's a planar threat, must be stopped etc." Sorin is a huge dick and for someone who is very old and supposedly wise and above human emotions he certainly lets his pride and sense of superiority dictate many of his actions.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Yes. There is a combo that does it with a 0 cost equip and just targets the creature over and over.

Edit: finally remembered. It's using shuko in cephalid breakfast.

I just remembered that as well. I was trying to equip my axe that was already equipped to madness something and could not remember the rule.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Lets Pickle posted:

I like how Sorin doesn't interfere in the fight between Nahiri and Avacyn until it becomes clear that Avacyn is outmatched. I assume the part of the story where he locks her in the Helvault will be forthcoming. I bet that part, and the part where Nahiri returns to Zendikar to find it lain to waste will be from Nahiri's point of view. I also bet Sorin will also completely neglect to mention his relationship with Nahiri to Olivia Voldaren and will just say something like "she's a planar threat, must be stopped etc." Sorin is a huge dick and for someone who is very old and supposedly wise and above human emotions he certainly lets his pride and sense of superiority dictate many of his actions.

this story is basically a perfect summary of sorin as a character, since he spends the entire time either talking about doing something at some point or flashing back to a time in the distant past where he did something but at no point does he actually accomplish anything in the present

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Lets Pickle posted:

Well yeah he's a loving vampire. Not only that, he's an Ancient Planeswalker. Dude once had power akin to a literal deity. And hell he created a force so powerful on his home plane that he could have completely wiped out his own people.

He's White/Black now, Order tempered with selfish power.

Zephirum
Jan 7, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Foreskin Problems posted:

I think you guys may be reading just a bit too deep between the lines of Magic Story.

Please don't be disrespectful of the story. You might not care but others do.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Is Tiny Leaders officially dead? I'm going through my decks to see which ones I can break down for trade material, and I can't recall anyone talking about TL in this thread in a while. Even the LGS near me, which used to be EDH/TL/draft, doesn't have any TL scheduled in the next month.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

C-Euro posted:

Is Tiny Leaders officially dead? I'm going through my decks to see which ones I can break down for trade material, and I can't recall anyone talking about TL in this thread in a while. Even the LGS near me, which used to be EDH/TL/draft, doesn't have any TL scheduled in the next month.

People laugh when I mention it.

So, probably.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

C-Euro posted:

It was never alive, but it's somehow even deader than that now.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

C-Euro posted:

Tiny Leaders died after the people who had stuff to pump and dump sold it.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Speaking of (paper) formats that got hot and then disappeared my friends and I finally put together some (paper) pauper decks and, yeah, this format is great. Buying a deck for $20 isn't bad either. I got u delver and they got b control and acid trip--what should my next deck be? I like tempo, combo, aggro, control, midrange in about that order. I know one of them is also planning on elves so outside of the decks we already have or will have sell me on your fav pauper deck.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
Now you can create Big Fatties where it has to cost 6+ to play and you start with 3-4 basic lands in play. Get 60+ creatures/spells that cost 6 or more in one deck and dump the massive worthless rares while pumping your format.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Pontius Pilate posted:

Speaking of (paper) formats that got hot and then disappeared my friends and I finally put together some (paper) pauper decks and, yeah, this format is great. Buying a deck for $20 isn't bad either. I got u delver and they got b control and acid trip--what should my next deck be? I like tempo, combo, aggro, control, midrange in about that order. I know one of them is also planning on elves so outside of the decks we already have or will have sell me on your fav pauper deck.

RUG Tron and UB Control are both great. Just make sure you're not playing the no win conditions, kill with Pristine Talisman and Evincar's Justice build of UB. It's both worse than a build with Anglers and completely miserable.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I wonder how it makes financial sense for CFB to host so many players. BBD, now Lepore.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Fallorn posted:

Now you can create Big Fatties where it has to cost 6+ to play and you start with 3-4 basic lands in play. Get 60+ creatures/spells that cost 6 or more in one deck and dump the massive worthless rares while pumping your format.

So edh?

e: oh poo poo is that the joke

suicidesteve posted:

RUG Tron and UB Control are both great. Just make sure you're not playing the no win conditions, kill with Pristine Talisman and Evincar's Justice build of UB. It's both worse than a build with Anglers and completely miserable.

Those both look pretty sweet. Weird seeing flame slashes and firebolts but no bolts. I assume it's mostly because the deck plays at sorcery speed and usually doesn't care about burn to the face? I just really love, love lightning bolt.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Pontius Pilate posted:

Those both look pretty sweet. Weird seeing flame slashes and firebolts but no bolts. I assume it's mostly because the deck plays at sorcery speed and usually doesn't care about burn to the face? I just really love, love lightning bolt.

Bolt over Flame Slash is probably ok. The main thing it misses is Nivix Cyclops, which you really do need to kill. Firebolt is non-negotiable as a 4-of. It's early disruption that you can combine with your absurd mana advantage later in the game to take down bigger threats. I've actually been playing a Chainer's Edict over the 2nd Flame Slash and it's been pretty good.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
In addition to killing Nivix Cyclops (this is really important if you want to beat that deck) 4 toughness is also the threshold to kill most of the creatures in Affinity, which will be very relevant in your games against them. It also catches some other creatures like Spire Golems and Grey Merchants, though those generally aren't must-kill threats.

You'll still be a bit lacking in answers for Gurmag Angler but most decks don't play that one out very early.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Voyager I posted:

In addition to killing Nivix Cyclops (this is really important if you want to beat that deck) 4 toughness is also the threshold to kill most of the creatures in Affinity, which will be very relevant in your games against them. It also catches some other creatures like Spire Golems and Grey Merchants, though those generally aren't must-kill threats.

You'll still be a bit lacking in answers for Gurmag Angler but most decks don't play that one out very early.

Also worth noting that there aren't actually any answers for Angler outside of Terminate, which is in a color combination that nobody plays, and 3 mana spells that also nobody plays.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
It's still a little strange, as someone who's still learning the format, that in a world where Black and Red are so heavily played and Termite provides a clean answer to so many relevant threats, nobody ever plays the two colors together.

There are a few heavily-played 2 cmc answers to Angler, though. Journey to Nowhere straight removes it from the board and stops it from being reanimated (though UB decks may be able to bounce it later), and there's a broad array of edict effects that can hit it if it doesn't have a board around it. It's still a huge pain in the rear end that will take over the game if you don't have an answer ready almost immediately after it resolves, though.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Rinkles posted:

I wonder how it makes financial sense for CFB to host so many players. BBD, now Lepore.

I have a feeling that whomever's fans see that CFB is sponsoring them makes a difference. If I don't use SA Mart or TCGplayer I use CFB. I'm not a huge fan of buylist shopping around, I'll just get whatever together then ship it to CFB. They're a less price gougy SCG with good free content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Word, glad I never put any real money into TL.

Pontius Pilate posted:

Pauper's next on my to-do list, as the aforementioned LGS started doing paper pauper events. People here seem to love that poo poo too, and I could finally use these Delvers I've been sitting on forever (not that I couldn't elsewhere, but this is way cheaper).

• Locked thread