Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Cosmic Afro posted:

It may have been addressed, but there were supposed to be THREE Mithril by the fat chocobo, total, right?

Is it normal that we lose access to buy more if you buy just one?

No, just one per week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Weren't there supposed to be a few major orbs per week in the rotating stock as well?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Woo! Defeated Belias! Got my Mythril and Aries, so I'm happy. Of course, my hones could have stood to be a lot better (And maybe not using Yuna for just spaming Diara/Aga, maybe Hone Diaga juuuust a bit more, Yuffie could probably have stood to have something better than just Tempo Flurry and Steal HP too)

My team going in was

Yuna 295 Mind (67, Judgement Staff/Black Hood/Sand Perl, R4 Diara/R2 Diaga, Payer of the Cetra (Slight Holy Boost)
Y'sholta 279 Mind (Healing Staff/Chameleon Robe/Ring of Renewal, R4 Curaja/R2 Shellga, Mako Might (Start with 1 SB bar), Medica II)
Tyro 329 Attack (Spellbinder/Tungsten Bangle/Bracer(FFT), R3 Magic Breakdown/R4 Lifesiphon, Dr. Mog's Teachings (Start with 1 SB bar), Sentinel's grimoire)
Greg 366 Attack (Spellbinder/Precious Watch/Black Belt, R3 Banishing Strike/R4 Launch, Adventurer's Dagger (Significant Dagger damage boost), Death Claw/Repentance)
Yuffie 291 Attack (Zantetsuken(V)/Gold Bangle/Black Belt, R4 Tempo Flurry/R5 Steal HP, Ace Striker (More Soul Break charge with Attack/Abilities), Clear Tranquil)

RW: Shout

I could certainly have changed a few things, but...yea, I'm good with what I did. Might try again, change out Steal HP with something else and Hone Diaga/Magic Breakdown a bit more

Kemix fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 14, 2016

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Disregard, clarified.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 14, 2016

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

In the end, it was worth all 400 Mythril. Or 450. I don't even remember anymore.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ugh I'm so tempted to pull on the Tactics banner again because I really want Platinum Sword and any of the 5* Tactics armors but after my awful luck earlier today I'm worried I'd just get 3 and 4* crap again. Plus Chocobo Brush would be really nice seeing as how I have no group healing at the moment.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ugh I'm so tempted to pull on the Tactics banner again because I really want Platinum Sword and any of the 5* Tactics armors but after my awful luck earlier today I'm worried I'd just get 3 and 4* crap again. Plus Chocobo Brush would be really nice seeing as how I have no group healing at the moment.

Well, on the Tactics Banner you have Tailwind, which also fills the "group healing" niche, as well as the White Staff, which can be used in a pinch due to med-regen Shared SB. Don't pull on Relm 1 just for Portrait of Lakshmi.

EDIT: I'm not saying don't pull on the banner at all, just make sure you have more than a single relic as a reason for wanting to pull on it. For instance, if you wanted to use Edgar or needed a mage weapon (Even if Strago isn't stellar, the Morning Star is an amazing Black Mage statstick, and the SB actually makes Strago a fair bit better) then you'd have incentive to pull Relm 1 over another medica banner.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm about 260+ mythril in the hole from tactics as a whole. I have yet to pull a single SB from it. I mean...I like my two Spellbinders and Chameleon Robe...but all I wanted was Shout or Tailwind. I still lack a Hestaga, so I'm really wondering if I should just hold off for now and wait instead of pulling on FFT again. Not to mention my Alt needs a Wall AND Hestaga for the Holy Trinity. And still has yet to pull on the beginner banner.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 14, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'd be happy with Spellbinders, if they helped me beat the Tactics dungeons

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Nihilarian posted:

I'd be happy with Spellbinders, if they helped me beat the Tactics dungeons

After that they're like the worst items on the banner, though.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Isn't it weird that DeNA "fucks up" with the drop rates on a banner that they know everyone will whale real hard on, only to "fix" it with better drop rates and added mysterious valiant knife so that people go and whale hard all over again? Isn't that weird?

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

corn in the fridge posted:

Isn't it weird that DeNA "fucks up" with the drop rates on a banner that they know everyone will whale real hard on, only to "fix" it with better drop rates and added mysterious valiant knife so that people go and whale hard all over again? Isn't that weird?

This isn't even the most ridiculous gently caress up they've done; remember the halloween pumpkin with it's 100+ evasion stat?

Which still has said stat for that matter?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Not sure how much mithril I've thrown at this banner, but I now have a 7* Kaiser Shield to show for it. Between that and getting Lightning's SSB, feel like the game is telling me to give her a permanent place on my kill squad.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Is it me or was the 30 stamina dungeon for Lightning/Wind easier then the 20 stamina one? Maybe I got lucky but I didn't see any rear end in a top hat skeleton dinosaurs with aoe attacks.

the Orb of Zot posted:

This isn't even the most ridiculous gently caress up they've done; remember the halloween pumpkin with it's 100+ evasion stat?

Which still has said stat for that matter?

Bring back vit0! Make Wakka great again.

ParliamentOfDogs fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Apr 14, 2016

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

JP news:

Paine event tomorrow. Rikku gets a burst (water damage, Imperil Water, no word on burst commands yet); new SSBs for Paine (earth/wind damage and hastega), Kimahri (Beatrix clone), Lulu (ice damage & en-ice), Braska (quicken + faithga + heavy regen); new 5 star Monk and Black Magic abilities. Ultimate bosses are Chocobo Eater and (ugh) Sanctuary Keeper.

New fragment dungeon: Magus Sisters. Traditionally the FFX Magus Sisters are stupid easy due to extreme vulnerability to Tauntaliate + Carbuncle, but we'll see.

New Lucky Draw banner type: Lucky Debuff Draw. All relics which provide Break-type effects. Unknown exactly when this will hit.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Rikku also got Dancer 5. She's a solid debuffer now, only really losing out to Faris in terms of versatility.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Rikku also got Dancer 5. She's a solid debuffer now, only really losing out to Faris in terms of versatility.

Ha! Now I don't need to keep any 3* dances. I also might hold out on crafting punishing palm if the new monk 5* is any good. What does the monk 6* do again? I remember people being very excited with it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Sprite141 posted:

Ha! Now I don't need to keep any 3* dances. I also might hold out on crafting punishing palm if the new monk 5* is any good. What does the monk 6* do again? I remember people being very excited with it.

Thief Raid-like attack that gets additional hits based on ATK. You'll usually only really see at most 4 hits from it unless you're doing a lot of buff stacking. Jecht/Refia are the most viable users due to access to Dark Bargain/Martial Arts.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Ultimate + Sanctuary Keeper get dem underpants ready boyz

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Selphie's been my go-to healer for a while since now (since she's my only Medica) and she's getting close to level 65 but I don't have her MC2. Is it worth spending greens on a lode for her? I mean, I figure if there's a situation where buying lodes makes sense, it's this one, but I'm not sure if there are any lodes coming up soon or if it would be worth holding off even if there were.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
How bad is aerith medicia? Is it worth whaling for other medicas?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Erdricks posted:

How bad is aerith medicia? Is it worth whaling for other medicas?

I have it and I don't see a reason to use her over the other medicas I have (Yuna, Penelo, Vanille, even Ashe). I mean maybe ReRaise will save your bacon but no one should be dying in your party.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Thief Raid-like attack that gets additional hits based on ATK. You'll usually only really see at most 4 hits from it unless you're doing a lot of buff stacking. Jecht/Refia are the most viable users due to access to Dark Bargain/Martial Arts.

That is actually really nice. But exploding palm is a guaranteed 5hit with extra crit. How does the 6* monk skill stack up to that?

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Everyone's crazy pulls and Valiant Knives made me cave last night. First pull 4/11 with this:

2nd Pull: 0/11
3rd Pull: 1/11 with the FFT Shared SB Healing Rod

Basically if you have a gut feeling trust it, but then don't go deep riding the high like I did hoping for what you want.

Samba De Amigo fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 14, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Sprite141 posted:

That is actually really nice. But exploding palm is a guaranteed 5hit with extra crit. How does the 6* monk skill stack up to that?

Lifebane (the 6* skill) has 1.05 multiplier per hit, while Exploding Palm has 0.6 multiplier per hit. All you need is 492 ATK for Lifebane to get 3 hits and beat Exploding Palm, which isn't hard at all with buffs. To get 4 hits you need 780 ATK; you can do it with Shout + Martial Arts/Dark Bargain/HotE and 400 base ATK. To get the full 5 hits, you need 1014 ATK; the easiest way to do that is either stacking with Advance, or by using Jecht/Refia.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
3 off banner 5*'s is nuts. Haha holy poo poo you poor bastard. At least they're not completely useless. Not completely.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Lifebane (the 6* skill) has 1.05 multiplier per hit, while Exploding Palm has 0.6 multiplier per hit. All you need is 492 ATK for Lifebane to get 3 hits and beat Exploding Palm, which isn't hard at all with buffs. To get 4 hits you need 780 ATK; you can do it with Shout + Martial Arts/Dark Bargain/HotE and 400 base ATK. To get the full 5 hits, you need 1014 ATK; the easiest way to do that is either stacking with Advance, or by using Jecht/Refia.

Holy poo poo. That's kinda hard to reach without a buff, so 3 hits would be unobtainable without one. Still, scream meta will probably have me using it. I remember people saying it was easy to hone or something? I don't know. I'll wait on exploding palm until after the new monk skill is released.

Edit: Hey, why refia? What is martial arts?

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Charles Bukowski posted:

3 off banner 5*'s is nuts. Haha holy poo poo you poor bastard. At least they're not completely useless. Not completely.

I'm not too torn up about the off-banner 5 stars since I didn't have a lot of good synergy for those realms and the Dark Gloves are really good, but I wish that one had been the Valiant Knife or the Grand Plate.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Charles Bukowski posted:

No armor is useless. Although that ffx shield is poo poo, I should know as I have 2 of them. Despite it being bad, it's still better defensive wise than any off synergy 5* armor.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Sprite141 posted:

Holy poo poo. That's kinda hard to reach without a buff, so 3 hits would be unobtainable without one. Still, scream meta will probably have me using it. I remember people saying it was easy to hone or something? I don't know. I'll wait on exploding palm until after the new monk skill is released.

Edit: Hey, why refia? What is martial arts?

Note that 492 is post-buff. If you're only using a 30% buff like HotE, you just need 379 to start with (which isn't too hard on a decently levelled MNK with a synergy weapon). If you have just Dragoon's Determination, 410. If you're using just Shout, you just need 328. Stacking any of them make it much easier to reach.

Martial Arts is Refia's default SB. It gives a +30% ATK/ACC buff, and is unique to her, and will stack with any and all other buffs.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Opposing Farce posted:

Selphie's been my go-to healer for a while since now (since she's my only Medica) and she's getting close to level 65 but I don't have her MC2. Is it worth spending greens on a lode for her? I mean, I figure if there's a situation where buying lodes makes sense, it's this one, but I'm not sure if there are any lodes coming up soon or if it would be worth holding off even if there were.

Speaking as someone who has both Light of Trabia and Dreamstage, absolutely level break her. She's a good white mage and her RM2 lets your white mages autobattle, which is nice.

As for "should I spend greens on it": the next in-event MC2 lode is three events from now in the Edea/Squall BSB event. Your choice on if you want to/need to break her before then.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
While 5* Orbs are not available just yet, they will be soon, so once I hit 10k Greens I should avoid the thought "well, nothing else worth getting, may as well buy an MC2 Lode", right?

I have every character MC2 Lode thus far made available, so I'd just be moving someone a non-SB character like Hope past 65 for no practical reason.

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.
I decide to spend my mithril and do more pulls of FFT, I got a White Staff and Chameleon Robe. They are at least usable! This brings my total to 2/94. Yeah… I am done with this banner. I need to save for the FFXII, FFIV and FFIII banners. Not to mention the next soul crushing fest that is only three months away.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Double Rabite posted:

I decide to spend my mithril and do more pulls of FFT, I got a White Staff and Chameleon Robe. They are at least usable! This brings my total to 2/94. Yeah… I am done with this banner. I need to save for the FFXII, FFIV and FFIII banners. Not to mention the next soul crushing fest that is only three months away.

Yeah, I almost pulled again on Relm 1 out of hope for an Itchy Gecky or a Valiant, but I reminded myself that I still need to save for the Basch banners.

Worth noting for those who care: looks like the freebie draw got its 5* pool updated again, this time up to the FFX-2/FFT events. Now, everyone has a miniscule chance at a Platinum Sword!

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, I almost pulled again on Relm 1 out of hope for an Itchy Gecky or a Valiant, but I reminded myself that I still need to save for the Basch banners.

I got antsy and weak and now my Basch reservoir is one pull, maybe two at most :negative:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I'm back up to 100 Mythril with Platinum and Defender still batting their eyes at me, but I think I'm going to hunker down and wait for Basch, BSB, and whenever a Wall returns.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So has anyone pulled a valiant knife lately or did DeNA swing in a stealth fix yesterday without ever saying anything?

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Evil Fluffy posted:

So has anyone pulled a valiant knife lately or did DeNA swing in a stealth fix yesterday without ever saying anything?

I'll be very sad if that's the case since I pulled late and could have had unlimited knife works. I haven't seen anything said towards that though. Zurai or Beasteh would probably know best because of the discord.

Brian Fellows
May 29, 2003
I'm Brian Fellows

Sprite141 posted:

No armor is useless.

I guess not for a newer player, but if your levels are super high, anything that's not boosting Atk or Mag (IE- most armor) is totally useless to me without a shared SB or something. I use almost exclusively bracers and helms (and those Dark Gloves he pulled, which are amazing).

If you're leveling up an under leveled character I guess other stuff would be useful, or just trying to survive clear-all opening spells like a Dark Bahamut opening attack.

I don't throw it out, but I almost never use armor and I clear almost all content (minus occasional Ultimates that make me mad enough I just quit out).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Brian Fellows posted:

I guess not for a newer player, but if your levels are super high, anything that's not boosting Atk or Mag (IE- most armor) is totally useless to me without a shared SB or something. I use almost exclusively bracers and helms (and those Dark Gloves he pulled, which are amazing).

If you're leveling up an under leveled character I guess other stuff would be useful, or just trying to survive clear-all opening spells like a Dark Bahamut opening attack.

I don't throw it out, but I almost never use armor and I clear almost all content (minus occasional Ultimates that make me mad enough I just quit out).

You'll be getting a lot of use out of old 5* Light Armor / Robes and newer Heavy Armor in a few months, when you have to start doing content with less than optimal parties. The good 5* Light Armors are like 180 Def/Res at 5* - that's a huge chunk if you don't have access to wall.

Remember, kids, save your White Staves and your Musk Rods and all that - you'll need the shared healing.

• Locked thread