Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peanut
Sep 9, 2007

It's called fu-sui (風水) in Japan and while it exists on a cultural level, people don't make huge expensive decisions on it like they do in China. Here it's more like good feng shui is cool and nice when convenient, but no one (normal) is going to eat in the hallway because it faces south or whatever.

Our toilet is on the west side which is good ?! But our kitchen is cursed :japan:
http://www.reizan-fusui.jp/madori.html

peanut fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I'm sorry here is some content

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i thought feng shui was japanese

Fenf shui is literally the chinese words for wind and water, it is as Japanese as hamburgers, unless that is the joke.

Edit: gently caress me I should post faster

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

I trusted this person. RIP

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

The White Dragon posted:

japanese n is also ŋ which is ng as in feng shui :eng101:

Glorious Nippong

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Haier posted:

I trusted this person. RIP

What was much bigger though?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmVesHbkp3k

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

`Nemesis posted:

Friend sent me that. He has more, but he says it's a pain in the dick to export them out of Wechat? Dunno, never used it. I could try getting more if there's serious interest.

Naked, drunk, oriental females? I think there's an interest.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Jumpingmanjim posted:

What was much bigger though?

If Guangzhou was bigger than Shenzhen. I looked at the photos and it's all flat, so I kinda lost interest to go there.

Tell her I'm sorry.
Looks like OCD, IMO.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Lady got brain problems.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

ladron posted:

Naked, drunk, oriental females? I think there's an interest.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart
im this guy

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

wow, orientals always look so young

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

How does the bamboo pole help with mating?

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Masjetic

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

naem posted:

No!! Bad for healthy, will blow ghosts around building..

this post is beautiful. A+ for China logic.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pandas are dumb

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
My friend went to the doctor to get an allergy shot because the pills aren't working. They referred her to a specialized clinic. They shot her with this.
https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a682809.html

China is cutting edge.

EDIT: For those who don't want to click, it's a tuberculosis vaccine.

Haier fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 14, 2016

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Haier posted:

My friend went to the doctor to get an allergy shot because the pills aren't working. They referred her to a specialized clinic. They shot her with this.

China is cutting edge.

Haha, at least they did something. I got a nasal spray that contained, among other things, dandilions, ephedra plant extract, and other assorted plant stuffs.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

I'm the cement truck that says CUCC

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

nomad2020 posted:

Haha, at least they did something. I got a nasal spray that contained, among other things, dandilions, ephedra plant extract, and other assorted plant stuffs.

Yeah, China hasn't figured out the whole allergy thing. Whenever I sneeze in spring everyone turns to me going "GAN MAOLE!!!!!" and I have to explain what pollen and allergy is and how it differs from catching a cold, then two minutes later, sneeze and "GAN MAO LE!!!". My mother in law is especially bad at this, I think I've explained the concept of allergies to her two dozen times, yet she still insist I have a cold every time I sneeze.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

Haier posted:

China is cutting edge.

Hey, as long as they aren't giving people antibiotics they don't need.

Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007

I'm totally cool with Chinese tourists saving money by going on holidays here. This should be encouraged, not ridiculed

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Haier posted:

China is cutting edge.

EDIT: For those who don't want to click, it's a tuberculosis vaccine.

Tell her to enjoy testing postive on every TB skin test she takes from now on.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

nm posted:

They give it to her three times a week, I don't even know how long for. She says it works. I tried to tell her to try something else. She said I'm not a doctor. I said I have 5000 years of doctor training. She stopped talking to me.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

nm posted:

loving THIS!

My wife works in Early Childhood education, and had to finally go on a 10 month regimen of TB treatment medication (despite not having it) so that she could get a card that says, "I don't need to be tested, I am TB free".

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Blistex posted:

loving THIS!

My wife works in Early Childhood education, and had to finally go on a 10 month regimen of TB treatment medication (despite not having it) so that she could get a card that says, "I don't need to be tested, I am TB free".

So does it mean the girl getting 800 lifetimes worth of TB vaccine can cause other people to catch any of this false-positive stuff? I wanna plunge and don't want to get goofed up.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Haier posted:

So does it mean the girl getting 800 lifetimes worth of TB vaccine can cause other people to catch any of this false-positive stuff? I wanna plunge and don't want to get goofed up.

only plunge the ones who don't cough

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

It's the people at the cage door that really make this shot.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Farmland Park posted:

Yeah, China hasn't figured out the whole allergy thing.

Pollen isn't cold, therefore it can't cause disease/sneezing

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
5000 Years of History! *Burns own real history and steals the rest*

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

oohhboy posted:

5000 Years of History! *Burns own real history and steals the rest*

Well, you see, when we are held back by old ideas, the best way is total war on it so that we can replace the old bad ideas with new bad ideas. Please respect this. You cannot understand because you are not a local.

EDIT:

I just realized no one says nong anymore on here because modest maose.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Haier posted:

Well, you see, when we are held back by old ideas, the best way is total war on it so that we can replace the old bad ideas with new bad ideas. Please respect this. You cannot understand because you are not a local.

EDIT:

loving Nongs.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Haier posted:

EDIT:

im permabanned poster nongstomper58. i first started reading China.jpg when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "no why" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "5000 years of history" and "Taiwan is part of China" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of China.jpg humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" China.jpg to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

oohhboy posted:

loving Nongs.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Jumpingmanjim posted:

im permabanned poster nongstomper58. i first started reading China.jpg when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "no why" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "5000 years of history" and "Taiwan is part of China" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of China.jpg humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" China.jpg to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
inongic posting

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

The finger lick in this kind of situation doesn't seem like it would help much

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

oohhboy posted:

loving Nongs.

*smashes the report button*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

peanut posted:

It's called fu-sui (風水) in Japan and while it exists on a cultural level, people don't make huge expensive decisions on it like they do in China. Here it's more like good feng shui is cool and nice when convenient, but no one (normal) is going to eat in the hallway because it faces south or whatever.

Our toilet is on the west side which is good ?! But our kitchen is cursed :japan:
http://www.reizan-fusui.jp/madori.html

you can see this even in the latest tech from china

eg. smartphone maker used super lcd 3 in their htc m9+ phone (mentioned in reviews like this), and they just announced the followup htc m10 with super lcd 5

:rip: super lcd 4

• Locked thread