Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I was a little surprised that Rita died, but I'm not really bothered by it. Although it could have been fun to zombie love triangle between Liv/Major/Rita.

However, I'm really pleased that Clive is now in the know about Team Z and didn't seem to freak out over the whole thing. It will be interesting to see now he proceeds with it next season. I am sad that he had to lose Dale over it though because I really liked the chemistry between those two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Wow that was a great season finale, i am looking forward to seeing where the show goes next.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

TMMadman posted:

However, I'm really pleased that Clive is now in the know about Team Z and didn't seem to freak out over the whole thing.
I loved the way Liv proved it to him. "Oh I'll just casually take this big ol' knife here..."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

TMMadman posted:

I was a little surprised that Rita died, but I'm not really bothered by it. Although it could have been fun to zombie love triangle between Liv/Major/Rita.

I was hoping to see a Rita-Blaine power couple, myself. Oh well.

Woden
May 6, 2006
The way the camera focused on Rita at the end I was sure she'd get back up.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Selachian posted:

All the snarky people are dead or have stupid amnesia :negative:

Also, honestly I think this show works best as a procedural mystery and cat/mouse show, the second part was freaky but not nearly as interesting (too many random deaths and Nice Blaine is boring) so the Max Rager replacements better be interesting. But I trust in the show's writing team. :unsmith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm going to miss Dale.

Also, was it just me or was Blaine kind of acting like his old self there at the end?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

He seems to retain all his gunfighting abilities but it could wear off eventually?

Also I'm going to wildly guess the amnesia wears off if you become a zombie again, that sounds plausible.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

muscles like this? posted:

I'm going to miss Dale.

Also, was it just me or was Blaine kind of acting like his old self there at the end?

When his life was in imminent danger some of his old coping mechanisms kicked in. But then he went all Rambo to rescue an ex-lover, and thats something old Blaine definitely wouldn't have done.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Combed Thunderclap posted:

He seems to retain all his gunfighting abilities but it could wear off eventually?

That's procedural memory, same as him knowing how to run a funeral home.

I wonder how long it's going to be before Boss gets looped in on the existence of zombies. Between Blaine and Don E, that's two hits where the victim should have died by all rights. Throw in incidents like Liv tossing his goon around and trashing his office, and he's bound to figure it out eventually. Although possibly not before someone cracks his skull open.

The masquerade in general probably isn't going to last forever. If nothing else, PMC lady will probably find it advantageous to let people know about the threat she presents at some point, so she can use it as leverage. And Bozzio might be able to put together all the pieces too (I was a bit disappointed that Clive didn't say "that's far fetched, but it would explain a lot" especially since he'd already accepted Liv being psychic).

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Just caught up on the finale. So much fun, but goddamn, Drake, Rita, and Vaughn dead?

That is some bullshit. :(

I really liked Drake, thought Rita had great potential snark, and Vaugh is well...Vaughn. Losing all three really blows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Drake stuff seems like it was the most abrupt because it just kind of killed off his story arc in the middle.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Vaughn was a treasure, I'm gonna miss him.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

FoxTerrier posted:

Just caught up on the finale. So much fun, but goddamn, Drake, Rita, and Vaughn dead?

That is some bullshit. :(

I really liked Drake, thought Rita had great potential snark, and Vaugh is well...Vaughn. Losing all three really blows.

Yeah, it's rough. I'm going to trust that they have a plan for it for now and reserve judgement until a few episodes in to season 3. The show has answered well when there have been holes or questions so far.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

It kind of got lost in the shuffle of the Chaos Killer arrest and zombie apocalypse but Major is still slowly dying from the cure, right?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

oh jay posted:

It kind of got lost in the shuffle of the Chaos Killer arrest and zombie apocalypse but Major is still slowly dying from the cure, right?

I really totally forgot too. And yes, now that it's worn off it's either take the new cure and get amnesia'd or unexpectedly die at an unknown time.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Drake's fate is sad. On the other hand now both Liv and Major are unattached zombies so they can finally bone.
:love: :love: :love: True love forever. :love: :love: :love:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I have faith in the new antagonist. Andrea Savage has been good to great in everything I've seen her and can do snark. She'll kill whatever they give her.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i was definitely hoping rita would survive since she's great. she couldn't turn off her smarminess even when talking to the only people who could save her rear end, lol

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

The Drake stuff seems like it was the most abrupt because it just kind of killed off his story arc in the middle.

Rob Thomas said in some interview that they had to compress some storylines since they were planning for a back 9 pickup instead of 6.

I am guessing a lot of the Mr. Boss/Peyton/Drake storyline got truncated

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Angela Christine posted:

Drake's fate is sad. On the other hand now both Liv and Major are unattached zombies so they can finally bone.

The show's habit of killing off anyone Liz likes that isn't Major is getting on my nerves at this point, tbh. English guy was really cool, and I was increasingly diggen Drake too.

It's just such a cheap and predictable way of forcing Liv and Major back together, and I feel like the shows writers are better than it. I hope they knock it off, and either just put Liv + Major together for good or find more creative ways to handle future boyfriends.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It is a shame that Chief died :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Angela Christine posted:

Until he takes the cure and cant remember Liv :twisted:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

DolphinCop posted:

i was definitely hoping rita would survive since she's great. she couldn't turn off her smarminess even when talking to the only people who could save her rear end, lol

I did like that they finally gave her a brief bit of humanity when she saw how loving crazy her father had become. Shame she turned into a rabid zombie two minutes later. Zombie Rita had so much potential....

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

JT Smiley posted:

I did like that they finally gave her a brief bit of humanity when she saw how loving crazy her father had become. Shame she turned into a rabid zombie two minutes later. Zombie Rita had so much potential....

I thought she looked too much like Liv as a zombie. Like, the first time I saw her with white hair I thought it was Liv for a second. Liv grew out her hair???

I"m not racist, but all zombies look alike.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Killing Rita was he only thing I didn't like, after all the talk about zombies being people they just decide to murder her because she was temporarily rabid.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I have no idea what happened in that finale, but I think I liked it.

Really love how they actually followed through on character's choices having consequences. OF COURSE Major's meat cute massacre and Chaos Killing would lead to him in prison. OF COURSE that would force Liv to tell Clive. OF COURSE Max Rager's endless experimentation wouldn't just end with a death - it would cause the first major zombie outbreak.

I liked pretty much everything with Drake, but I couldn't help but feel the slightest sensation that it was echoing Lowell last year. Both deaths are fairly well-earned, but "arbitrarily killing off the recurring love interest" is a crutch I don't need the show to lean on again.

Much as I'm sad to lose Weber, Andrea Savage is a perfect addition. Also, goddamn did I love the reference to Party Down.

May it live on in eternal "Are we having FUN yet?" references forever and ever.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

Oasx posted:

Killing Rita was he only thing I didn't like, after all the talk about zombies being people they just decide to murder her because she was temporarily rabid.
Well, she did also participate in some pretty heinous and unethical experimentation that resulted in the loss of human life. And it's not like sending her to prison over it would work, since A) the trial would involve revealing zombies to the world, and B) Major showed us what B is. So it was pretty much either kill her or let her get off essentially scot-free.

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

Oasx posted:

I didn't care for that either. :smith:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Well, she did also participate in some pretty heinous and unethical experimentation that resulted in the loss of human life. And it's not like sending her to prison over it would work, since A) the trial would involve revealing zombies to the world, and B) Major showed us what B is. So it was pretty much either kill her or let her get off essentially scot-free.

Blaine has done much worse and everyone just seems ignore it. Rita was a pretty horrible person so i understand why they didn't like her, it just seemed out of character for both Major and Liv to be so callous about her death.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

Amazingly that security guard has the right reaction to that kind of poo poo going down.

edit: Here's Major! :lol:

Shout out to Robert Buckley for making this a-little-too-precious line actually work perfectly. Honorable Mention to the best delivery of "Sup?" I've ever seen.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Shout out to Robert Buckley for making this a-little-too-precious line actually work perfectly. Honorable Mention to the best delivery of "Sup?" I've ever seen.

That and 'personal trainer'

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Rita also would have potentially had all the Max Rager research on on Zombies, and would have a had personal interest in curing zombies.

It didn't hurt that that Rita was easy on the eyes, both before and after turning into a zombie. I'll admit my judgement might be clouded, since she can bite me any time. :zombie:

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Oasx posted:

Blaine has done much worse and everyone just seems ignore it. Rita was a pretty horrible person so i understand why they didn't like her, it just seemed out of character for both Major and Liv to be so callous about her death.

They were both jonesing on hardened mercenary/contract killer brain, which probably had something to do with it. I still think the implication is that Rita just went Romero at the end. She was scooping her father's brains out of his head when the elevator opened. That's not really a Rita thing to do. She also ignored Liv and made a beeline for Clive (the only human in the place). If she was just raging, you'd think she'd go after the person she had personal issues with, not the guy with the pulse and delicious, delicious brain.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TMMadman posted:

That and 'personal trainer'

He's definitely a member of the Brett Dalton Club of actors/characters I thought would suck at the beginning but ended up being completely wrong about. The fact that Major gets some of the strongest story arcs doesn't hurt either.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

When his life was in imminent danger some of his old coping mechanisms kicked in. But then he went all Rambo to rescue an ex-lover, and thats something old Blaine definitely wouldn't have done.

I did think it was a little odd that he suddenly knew there was a box full of guns under the stairs. That's a little beyond "remembering how to operate a funeral home."

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Yeah, how did Blaine become a crack shot? Did I miss a part where he ate the same mercenary brains that Liv and Major ate (or is he completely cured now)? I remember him being a devious and dangerous guy, but never a stone-cold killer or even adept with guns.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Angela Christine posted:

That was good. I have high hopes that they will find a way to make the new situation work without totally changing the show.
Yeah. That line about Seattle becoming the zombie capital was a bit worrying, but I'm hoping that won't happen, because if zombies become public knowledge then I don't see any way it can stay the same show.

Air is lava! posted:

Man, Don E saving his skin by begging for a headshot and then pissing the guy off, so he wouldn't grant him his wish was really smart.
That scene was really great.

BurritoJustice posted:

I loved everything about the finale, except for them killing off Rita. Ever since she snuck into Liv's apartment to steal brains I was hoping she would end up as a sassy zombie member of the main cast. I also have no idea why she went full romero, considering that she was a "scratch" zombie and not a "utopium and max rager combo" zombie.
Agreed on all counts.

TMMadman posted:

I was a little surprised that Rita died, but I'm not really bothered by it.
I was. It seems like she was kind of in the background the whole time and I thought she was finally going to get a more prominent role, but then she just inexplicably turned full zombie and got killed.

Selachian posted:

That would have been amazing.

I got that impression as well. Maybe it didn't mean anything, but I won't be surprised if he turns out to be getting his memories back.

Oasx posted:

It is a shame that Chief died :(
Agreed.

Flagrant Abuse posted:

So it was pretty much either kill her or let her get off essentially scot-free.
Just like Blaine in season one.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Yeah, how did Blaine become a crack shot? Did I miss a part where he ate the same mercenary brains that Liv and Major ate (or is he completely cured now)? I remember him being a devious and dangerous guy, but never a stone-cold killer or even adept with guns.

Remember what happened to Lowell? Blaine kills again and again in season 1 and never once gets his heart going fast enough to go full zombie. He's ice cold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Angela Christine posted:

I"m not a zombie racist, but

I think what you mean is

Angela Christine posted:

I'm a zombie racist, and

:colbert:

• Locked thread