Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im also finally into unknown territory after killing the beta boss and my character is fully decked out looking cool as hell. everythings coming together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Reading this thread and seeing everyone so excited about everything is making me really happy. I'm still getting backhanded by Lothric knights and crying

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Brigand Twinswords are loving sweet holy poo poo. My favorite weapon so far. The L1 and L2+R2 combos can potentially get you a full health bar if you hit more than one enemy. I spun into a group of 5 shrom things and healed 1000 HP.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

Reading this thread and seeing everyone so excited about everything is making me really happy. I'm still getting backhanded by Lothric knights and crying

It's an extremely impressive game and the first 30 hours for me have been 10/10

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Larry Parrish posted:

The Brigand Twinswords are loving sweet holy poo poo. My favorite weapon so far. The L1 and L2+R2 combos can potentially get you a full health bar if you hit more than one enemy. I spun into a group of 5 shrom things and healed 1000 HP.

you get those in road of sacrifice right?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the abyss watcher sword really owns me in pvp jesus

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

a Loving Dog posted:

Yup. You're gonna need the weapon art for the Farron Keep.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i summoned a mound maker before vordt and we ran around killing everything and the fact that he didn't just immediately try to murder me... ahhhhhh. then he ran off and i lost him and he came back with 1hp left and i killed him lol. this game is amazing

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Mad spirit Borat has invaded your world.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

are those purple signs... neurtral guys? Like if i hit a sign, we can either duel or fight a boss together or almost kill a boss and then he stabs me in the back?

where do I get that soapstone?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a Loving Dog posted:

Yes, behind the black knight over towards the right

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

the cadence in which greirat speaks is loving awesome. he's so cool

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

the voice acting in this game is the best in the series so far.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you use the password thing to play with a buddy, the game ignores levels and just scales their stats down to the host's

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

death .cab for qt posted:

are those purple signs... neurtral guys? Like if i hit a sign, we can either duel or fight a boss together or almost kill a boss and then he stabs me in the back?

where do I get that soapstone?

The handmaid sells the soapstone.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
now im getting owned by the lothric reprieve

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just fought the most amazing NPC invasion in Dark Souls history. Holy gently caress. How has nobody spoiled this yet even a little.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my only criticism of this game is that theres not enough of it, and i dont know how much of it there is

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I died to the invaders and they didn't respawn. That sucks because they were a super fun fight and the one I didn't kill had badass armor I was hoping he dropped.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im pretty much enthralled by this game

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

im pretty much enthralled by this game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

my only criticism of this game is that theres not enough of it, and i dont know how much of it there is

Same lol. Even when you finish theres still 2 expansions as well which, if price is any indication, will have more content together than Old Hunters.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

when i played dsii, i never felt like i was done for. i always felt like things weren't easy, just slightly less than hard

when i played bloodborne, i always felt strapped for heals, but never in a good way that challenged me

dark souls iii brings me back to when i first owned an apartment, when i first had a ps3 and a fresh copy of dark souls after my heavily spoiled demons souls binge

this is the only game to light a fire under my rear end and made me ask myself "can you not beat this area because it is hard, or because you haven't gotten good"

i'm actually sad that this is the last dark souls game, because they put lightning in a loving bottle and let me drink it a second time, only this time it lets me refill my MP too

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

i want some follow-up on what i've done so far, please spoiler these answers in case i or others don't want to read them right away'

what happens when i kill the lady who gave me the covenant before the first REAL boss fight after the tutorial boss? her ladder looks tempting

is there anything in the very first area besides the titanite lizard which drops the scale

people keep saying that the area after the first REAL boss is optional. i'm on road of sacrifice now, what's optional about the second area besides its tree boss fight? anything I should look out for?

i haven't even hit the swamp yet, and im feeling really good about my workout plan because i feel like i have a lot of exercising waiting for me :getin:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
undead setttlement isnt optional, unless you consider running past enemies making them optional, in which case only bosses arent

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

death .cab for qt posted:

i want some follow-up on what i've done so far, please spoiler these answers in case i or others don't want to read them right away'

what happens when i kill the lady who gave me the covenant before the first REAL boss fight after the tutorial boss? her ladder looks tempting

is there anything in the very first area besides the titanite lizard which drops the scale

people keep saying that the area after the first REAL boss is optional. i'm on road of sacrifice now, what's optional about the second area besides its tree boss fight? anything I should look out for?

i haven't even hit the swamp yet, and im feeling really good about my workout plan because i feel like i have a lot of exercising waiting for me :getin:

I dont know the answers to any of thesse questions but for the love of Gwyn please change your name and avatar before posting here again.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

im trying on the av. is the name that bad?

net cafe scandal posted:

I dont know the answers to any of thesse questions but for the love of Gwyn please change your name and avatar before posting here again.

i will

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

the greatest enemy in dark souls iii... was myself

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus Christ he actually did it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

i am glad to be free of the yospos memes that bind me

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's great that someone decided they really needed to replace Tails Butthole Guy

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

i don't know who that is, but it'd suck a whole barrel of poo poo to talk about that instead of the great game that is dark souls iii

i gave the thiefy looking dude (?) the bone of the lady he was asking about. he had some cool stuff for sale, and now he just whines about her. did i loving something up

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

do you mean the brigand twindaggers or the sellsword dual scimitar things? ive been using the merc starting swords sharp +3 with the fast roll and it owns

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORMELCHILI posted:

do you mean the brigand twindaggers or the sellsword dual scimitar things? ive been using the merc starting swords sharp +3 with the fast roll and it owns

Both actually. But yeah I meant the sellsword dual swords or w.e.

I've been dumpstering people in PVP with the Iythryl Straight Sword... The blade is almost as long as an Estoc and I don't think people really expect me to reach nearly spear range with the roll-stab attack. Plus the extreme verticality of the rooftop area of Cathedral of the Deep means I can get the jump on people

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Forget what I just said I invaded the same guy with 3 phantoms camping a one-exit room like 5 times lol

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

These re4 plagas dudes are kicking my rear end

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Raymond Hog posted:

These re4 plagas dudes are kicking my rear end

if you mean the guys in the swamp, the one that doesnt carry a weapon and just jumps on your head has hosed my poo poo up about 80 pushups worth of times

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

a Loving Dog posted:

if you mean the guys in the swamp, the one that doesnt carry a weapon and just jumps on your head has hosed my poo poo up about 80 pushups worth of times

those dudes suck

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

i was getting so mad at those guys because id always try to get that last hit in and theyd just jump straight up and land on me and kill me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Tane

• Locked thread