Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Elfgames posted:

Jinbei is already part of the crew, luffy asked him and he said ok i just got poo poo to take care of first.

people seem to have sped through FI because this 100% happened and jinbei is 100% gonna come back and be a strawhat jinbei is a strawhat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I imagine the gorosei are tough, but by the time the strawhats encounter them they'll be on a completely different level and blow them away. Like how the blew away hody Jones and co.

They're world nobles, so not exactly facing the same challenges as the warlords/yonkou/marines.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Bleremiah posted:

I imagine the gorosei are tough, but by the time the strawhats encounter them they'll be on a completely different level and blow them away. Like how the blew away hody Jones and co.

They're world nobles, so not exactly facing the same challenges as the warlords/yonkou/marines.

Maybe the Gorosei were around during the void century; it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to have a way of extending their life. It would also allow them to be old as poo poo yet disgustingly OP.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
the world nobles were able to wrest power away from the dude who ruled the world at the time.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Maybe the Gorosei were around during the void century; it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to have a way of extending their life. It would also allow them to be old as poo poo yet disgustingly OP.

They also have access to presumably something akin to the Alabasta hero water + Fishman Island steroids.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

drjuggalo posted:

people seem to have sped through FI because this 100% happened and jinbei is 100% gonna come back and be a strawhat jinbei is a strawhat

I'm holding out hope he dies or something so that doesn't happen and it was a big fake out and we get one of the minks.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Radish posted:

I'm holding out hope he dies or something so that doesn't happen and it was a big fake out and we get one of the minks.

Why can't we have both?

Also, lol if you guys think Luffy doesn't already include Law as crew when he does his headcounts, especially since we've seen Law's tragic backstory. Law's fate was sealed on Punk Hazard when he wore Chopper as a hat.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bleach killed my entire faith in mankind but One Piece restored it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

QuantaStarFire posted:

Why can't we have both?

Also, lol if you guys think Luffy doesn't already include Law as crew when he does his headcounts, especially since we've seen Law's tragic backstory. Law's fate was sealed on Punk Hazard when he wore Chopper as a hat.

Just because Luffy doesn't use a standard definition of ally doesn't mean he doesn't know the difference between good buddies and crewmates.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Radish posted:

Minks will be added to the armada. Same with samurai in Wano.

Jinbe gonna reform Sun pirates.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
No chapter this week?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
One Piece chapter 823 in Korean (WARNING: Annoying Ads):

http://www.shencomics.com/archives/1639791

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Mangastream is up. On my phone so not posting link :effort:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

QuantaStarFire posted:

Mangastream is up. On my phone so not posting link :effort:

I've got you covered, friend. :)

One Piece chapter 823 (English):

http://readms.com/r/one_piece/823/3353/1

E: I almost posted the z-ani translation which was atrocious. Things like 'Bibi-sama' and poo poo. Thankfully I didn't have to!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Next straw hat carrot confirmed

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Wonder if Cobra will get to ask his question. Also, rip Baltigo

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I like King Elizabello's castle

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
SALLY NANTUCKANET

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

:laffo: if you still think anyone but Blackbeard is going to be the final boss

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
drat, that was a hell of a setup chapter

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Vivi turning down all suitors. Vivi confirmed gay, or Oda confirmed to be avoiding romance as usual? Maybe both?

I like how Wapol has someone holding the dog up into the frame.

Sakura soldiers all wear antler hats, I never noticed that before.

Elizabello's castle is pretty great. The strongest castle for the strongest king with the strongest punch.

Carrot stowing away, as was foretold in the thread prophecies. I like how she expected to only be gone for half a day.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'd think it's implying that Vivi is in love with a straw hat. It's been a while since I read Alabasta (sp?) so I don't know who it might be between Luffy or Sanji or maybe Usopp

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
What's going on in the world chapters are always so enjoyable. I highly doubt Cobra can get away with asking questions about the poneglyphs though.
It only took 6 years but I'm glad Nami is finally starting to wear stuff other than a bikini's. She's had great outfits in the past so locking her to bikini + jeans/skirts was such a weird thing.
Carrot being ditzy and naive about the sea might be an interesting combo for the rescue arc so I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Vivi wants to go on adventures and be a ~free spirit~ instead of sitting in a castle married to some goober being a princess, this isnt some 'oh she already is in looove with someone' scenario

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Her emotions also seem to be on a hare trigger regarding carrots

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

I'd think it's implying that Vivi is in love with a straw hat. It's been a while since I read Alabasta (sp?) so I don't know who it might be between Luffy or Sanji or maybe Usopp
she's adventuresexual, same as luffy

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

HerraS posted:

Vivi wants to go on adventures and be a ~free spirit~ instead of sitting in a castle married to some goober being a princess, this isnt some 'oh she already is in looove with someone' scenario

It's clearly the case that she's in love with adventure.

E:f;b

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also who remembers Stelly.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Will the Holy Hand Grenade be the only weapon able to defeat Carrot? She looks like she has a vicious streak a mile wide.

If Blackbeard wiped out Baltigo, do you think Dragon and Sabo escaped? Having one or the other captured seems a bit dull. I would hope we wouldn't get a repeat of Ace with Sabo, despite the similarities in their relation to Luffy.

I also hope Sabo isn't captured because I want him to run into Stelly again at some point. Is that translation right that he's king of the Goa Kingdom? Sabo might have acceded to that role had he not chosen to be a pirate instead.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

He is a One Piece rags to riches success story.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Carrot for next Strawhat crew member, please.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
The double-take gag with Luffy going "Yeah! Be more cheery, like her!" was pretty hilarious.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I don't think we need another hyperactive naive child in the crew.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies

MonsterEnvy posted:

Can't wait until he gets punched in the face by Sabo.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Also what is up with that guy's cheese grater chin?

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Radish posted:

Also what is up with that guy's cheese grater chin?

I think it's supposed to look like the front of a hotel or something.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

frankly i welcome carrot as the next strawhat, who will replace sanji

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Remind me, where is Sanji getting married?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Niddhogg posted:

to Vivi

e: oh where

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Niddhogg posted:

Presumably on Whole Cake Island but I don't think it's been explicitly stated yet so maybe not.