Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
dark souls 3 is really great....i like the bosses and the weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

scary ghost dog posted:

hell, the levels are great too

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

The main difference between Dark Souls and Bloodborne is that Bloodborne has a fish that villagers hosed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

Me too. It's epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to pretend DSII never existed and slot DSIII into that slot in all future Souls-thons.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It was really that bad? What went wrong?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It isn't that it's really bad it's that ds3 is so much better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

There's a lot of little aspects that I don't like and a majority of the pre-DLC content is bland. And it's too long, I'll probably just never have the will to revisit it when there are 4 other extremely similar games that I like more

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

beep by grandpa posted:

it's not that bad, but there are some pretty strange design choices

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

when you play ds3 youll be like "oh, now i get it"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
im thinking about estus flask shard placement in the two games and laughing my rear end off

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
and weapon upgrade distribution lol

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

95% of the bosses are pure AIDS. The level design too.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

a lot of the bosses were bad. very bad. like, the first chest in dsiii that i found was a mimic, and i thought "hmm this could be a trap, i should hit it with my sword" and it was a mimic and it grabbed and ate me, but it still felt more fair and fun than dsii

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I really liked DS2 when I played through it but DS3 makes it look like a loving joke.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

I really liked DS2 when I played through it but DS3 makes it look like a loving joke.

ya lol its like masturbation vs classic loving

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

ds2 had a really troubled development, they had to redo the game halfway through and it shows.

des, ds3 and bloodborne feel like complete visions. ds1 was rushed so the endgame is not as polished as the rest but it's still my favorite game in the series

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ds1 is the most ambitious game of all time and guess what? it fulfills its ambitions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

ds1 is the most ambitious game of all time and guess what? it fulfills its ambitions

the most ambitious game of all time was probably like, pong

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
please dont troll me.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the most ambitious game... is people

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

In dark souls 3 you can pick up a few weapons that let you do the dash like in bloodborne and it is rad as hell and I predicted they'd do that. There's even a few items that give you something close to rally.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
in the games bloodborne thread, in between everyone constantly complaining about the game, some guy just came in talking about how he's new to the series. it's like blood in the water of people posting gamefaq guides about how to play the game. one guy even posted a spoiler video of him fighting maria so that the new guy could see "how an experience souls play approaches a boss."

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's awful

A big part of these games is just experiencing it yourself and I think gentle nudges are the best (unless someone asks for specific details) and I got mad yesterday trying to gently nudge the newb in the right direction when some big dick snipes me posting the exact locations of all the poo poo poo poo and it's like god drat

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

games is a cesspool only trounced by CD in shittiness

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

All people really need if they get stuck in Bloodborne is encouragement

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i feel like all the people who complain about lockon and camera problems in bborne are totally unaware that you can swap targets by moving the stick, that bosses have multiple target points, and that breaking line of sight breaks targeting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the only time I have problems with the camera is when I back myself into a corner and the geometry makes the camera freak out, but that happens in every game that gives you camera control

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

the only time I have problems with the camera is when I back myself into a corner and the geometry makes the camera freak out, but that happens in every game that gives you camera control

thats actually beneficial because it tells you that youve backed into a corner and are hosed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

scary ghost dog posted:

thats actually beneficial because it tells you that youve backed into a corner and are hosed

that's true

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*dodges backwards 8 times in a row and gets trapped on a side pillar with no stamina as vicar Amelia unleashes a full combo and I die* Camera really hosed me on that one.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
[dsp voice] what the hell, where did that wall come from? loving bugged wall mechanics. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
loving bullshit difficulty

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

sector_corrector posted:

in the games bloodborne thread, in between everyone constantly complaining about the game, some guy just came in talking about how he's new to the series. it's like blood in the water of people posting gamefaq guides about how to play the game. one guy even posted a spoiler video of him fighting maria so that the new guy could see "how an experience souls play approaches a boss."

that video wasn't even a particularly good maria win

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

sector_corrector posted:

Wow

I feel bad for that guy, figuring out poo poo myself is one of the strong points in the series imo

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I did blood borne 100% blind as a souls virg. I am so glad I did. Its like discovering a lost form of video games.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pookum posted:

I did blood borne 100% blind as a souls virg. I am so glad I did. Its like discovering a lost form of video games.

Me too

The best part of the experience for me was even i stopped getting frustrated and my like of thinking became "okay that didn't work, maybe I should wait to attack with x until after he does y" and that rush you get when you see it work!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

beep by grandpa posted:

Me too

The best part of the experience for me was even i stopped getting frustrated and my like of thinking became "okay that didn't work, maybe I should wait to attack with x until after he does y" and that rush you get when you see it work!!!

I had this yesterday in dark souls III when a boss was kicking my rear end a bunch because I running out of stamina and I had an epiphany when I realized I didn't have to roll everywhere, I could just walk and he still missed every attack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

realizing I didn't have to lock-on to enemies, particularly with large bosses, was a huge revelation for me