Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

GulagDolls posted:

trying to get the tree ninja suit is a nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
What does it mean when someone is grayed out and you can't even click on them to see the "You can't visit people who aren't your friends" notice?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

comment me on the miitomo of sex

Bass Bottles posted:

What does it mean when someone is grayed out and you can't even click on them to see the "You can't visit people who aren't your friends" notice?

probably blocked

also i have a loving 200 post potato bread thing to click past all the time
and miitomo juat hit the wall because asomwone just posted a 'eating meat is animal cruelty' thread
need to make a rule not to comment on anyones answers if they have too many friends from now on

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Got bored of this app :(

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

except the gamification of club nintendo is now intrinsically tied to all rewards so you cant just be a good customer and get cool things for buying nintendo games. you have to buy digital or play this every day

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Agreed. I just roll my eyes at the questions and no I don't give a rats arse how many flowers you imagined in your minds eye! I don't think anyone gave it more than 2 second thought.

P.S. I've never been so disgusted to receive sweets even virtual ones.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop
I'm confused by all the goons giving serious answers.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Dr Sun Try posted:

I'm confused by all the goons giving serious answers.

:colbert: its primarily an app for getting text hosed
comment me on the miitomo of sex or just hit skip if u cant handle the e passion / mii passion :kamina:

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
I am just having fun with making stupidly silly pictures of my Mii. :j:

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I'm @AgentAccel, for whoever wants to add me. Also, has anyone tried adding friends face-to-face? I can't get that to work for some reason, it just says no friends found even when we're pushing the same symbol.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Agent Rush posted:

I'm @AgentAccel, for whoever wants to add me. Also, has anyone tried adding friends face-to-face? I can't get that to work for some reason, it just says no friends found even when we're pushing the same symbol.

Make sure you both have bluetooth on or wi-fi or whichever radio system it uses for local connection?

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

Agent Rush posted:

Both wifi and location services need to be on. If you're indoors, you'll need high accuracy location (from wifi/cell phone networks as opposed to just GPS).

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Location services, are you kidding? They insist on actually confirming that you're literally face to face instead of it being a name for adding people irl? :psyduck:

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Yup. The sequence of events goes like this:
  • All people who want to friend press the symbol.
  • Phone checks the location. If it hasn't acquired one yet, friending will fail.
  • When location has been checked, people are brought to a screen that has all the nearby Miis that pressed the symbol.
  • Select the Miis you want to friend, press OK/Done
  • When everyone's done that (it waits for both people to confirm), Miitomo will confirm with the server and add friends.

Miced Volvo
Sep 15, 2010
Pillbug
Need more friends for silly question game.

https://twitter.com/MicedVolvo

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

rude
my mii ran out of questions
and now i cant even get my daily answer bonuses
i have to like change my outfit 4 times a day now

i usually dont even get 5 comments/ 5 hearts a day unless i go on and answer 10 questions a couple times a day

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I think you can get the outfit changing bonus by trying on a bunch of stuff at the store and not even buying anything.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

zolthorg posted:

rude
my mii ran out of questions
and now i cant even get my daily answer bonuses
i have to like change my outfit 4 times a day now

i usually dont even get 5 comments/ 5 hearts a day unless i go on and answer 10 questions a couple times a day

I answer and read questions from my friends and family at my own pace like a person without severe brain problems.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

The charm's kinda worn off here too, but not necessarily in a bad way. It's become simple fun to occasionally see people's new answers crop up, and not worry too much about using the app enough.

Loading times are also gradually getting less lovely, maybe...

e: I've still got a feeling Japan accounts are routed through different servers.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

A good poster posted:

I think you can get the outfit changing bonus by trying on a bunch of stuff at the store and not even buying anything.

no i mean to generate a miifoto and then have my mii ask to share it with my friends

the prizes on mynintendo were actually reasonable if i could have continued earning 330 points per week but if im going to lose 30 a day from not even being able to do daily content like even re-answering the dumb questions about food and even getting the 15 miitomo gold coins to eventually buy more mii clothes then gently caress

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I think they might have fixed the Suggested Friends function. The entire top of my list is now Twitter/Facebook people followed by the people I share mutual friends with

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

I just noticed that too, suddenly a whole lot of people from Twitter appeared! It's a lot more convenient.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Friends list still doesn't load. going to just rate the app 1 star to leave a 'bug report'

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Sudden Javelin posted:

I think they might have fixed the Suggested Friends function. The entire top of my list is now Twitter/Facebook people followed by the people I share mutual friends with

Oh poo poo, you're right! Hot drat, that was the one thing that was bumming me out about this. Now I can add some people I've been wanting to add, but couldn't!

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

Wait... are style points not given by changing clothes, but by taking a Miifoto afterwards and also having people heart it? It seems like that's how there's such a weird progression.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I think it just lags, I'll be nowhere near a level despite changing a bunch then like try one thing on in the store without buying it and I level.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Anaxite posted:

Wait... are style points not given by changing clothes, but by taking a Miifoto afterwards and also having people heart it? It seems like that's how there's such a weird progression.

Might be both but I know it's from putting on new clothes. That's all I've been doing.

I got the Wario game last night. I had it when it came out and remembered it was fun but holy poo poo, I don't remember having to sit through all these 5 minute unskippable cutscenes just to play. Nothing like getting bored and then going back to watching a movie while waiting for the game to spend a few minutes telling me a story I don't care about, just so I can play a 15 second game before having to put it down again for the next episode of the Wario story.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
I've gotten kinda bored of Miitomo. There aren't new MiiDrop prizes frequently enough.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

MisterAlex posted:

I've gotten kinda bored of Miitomo. There aren't new MiiDrop prizes frequently enough.

I just want there to be more missions beyond "visit websites once a week, answer questions once a day"

They should do more of the "everybody answers the same question" things, or have photo contests or something.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

jivjov posted:

I just want there to be more missions beyond "visit websites once a week, answer questions once a day"

They should do more of the "everybody answers the same question" things, or have photo contests or something.
I just really want there to be more game to the thing. I get a bit bored of the questions (though some of y'all's answers are pretty funny), but MiiDrop actually provides a bit of fun. And the "platinum points" are really only good for more Miitomo stuff, right? I mean, aside from some ugly device skins? So I have to slog through this not-game to get points that help me keep slogging through the not-game. =\

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

MisterAlex posted:

I just really want there to be more game to the thing. I get a bit bored of the questions (though some of y'all's answers are pretty funny), but MiiDrop actually provides a bit of fun. And the "platinum points" are really only good for more Miitomo stuff, right? I mean, aside from some ugly device skins? So I have to slog through this not-game to get points that help me keep slogging through the not-game. =\

Platinum Points currently can also net you Wario Ware Touched and the new Twilight Princess Picross

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

jivjov posted:

Platinum Points currently can also net you Wario Ware Touched and the new Twilight Princess Picross

Yeah this is why I am not getting that sweet super famicom sweat shirt- they could put up a game and I would rather have that instead.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
We did it everybody. We potato'd all the way to 100.

Here's to the next 100 potato.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
This app is horribly insensitive.

Miitomo: hey what did you do last weekend?

Me: go to a funeral for a close friend

Miitomo: man, that was such a blast!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Don't buy Miitomo stuff with your platinum points

SecretSquirrel
Jun 3, 2003

Masticator

Slur posted:

This app is horribly insensitive.

Miitomo: hey what did you do last weekend?

Me: go to a funeral for a close friend

Miitomo: man, that was such a blast!

You're saying you don't have fun at funerals?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Spellman posted:

Yeah, this. I didn't realize it until people posted about it just now but there's like actual games or coupons and other stuff you can buy with the platinum coins you get from this game.

Of course, as far as I can tell there's no way to know this unless you already knew Nintendo points were a thing before miitomo and made the connection that the coins you're earning that say "miitomo" on them are actually functionally equivalent to regular Nintendo platinum points so you knew to save them instead of spending them on miitomo stuff which is the only thing this app displays they're used for.

Duh.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

SecretSquirrel posted:

You're saying you don't have fun at funerals?

I'm saying that Miitomo is sociopathic. Hilariously so, even.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Spellman posted:

Um what if I don't own any Nintendo consoles (and won't ever willfully own)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Negrostrike posted:

Um what if I don't own any Nintendo consoles (and won't ever willfully own)?

Then you are a fool and may spend your fake video game points freely.

• Locked thread