Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Tabata clarified that the flying car is basically a near endgame upgrade, but it is fully controllable. Also landing it will be a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

If I can fly my car to the moon, this will be the best game ever made.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/FZKHgrD.webm

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Nocti are tough.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCm8UrCaLaM

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I miss the Skate series

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

That's definitely how physics works

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Did you guys see this yet? I really hope that they put forth the time and money to do what Tabata wants. That would make the wait worth it imo.

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/final-fantasy-xv-director-talks-potential-pc-version-summer-dlc-announcement

quote:

Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata discussed the potential of a PC release and plans for post-launch downloadable content.

According to Tabata, he is “quite positive about the idea of developing a PC version,” but “would like to make a very different project if possible.” Tabata says he would want a PC version to be a technical showcase.

“I have in mind a version of Final Fantasy XV that is more technically developed,” Tabata said. “This version could incorporate things that we were forced to abandon because of the limitations of home consoles. With the PC, this would be an opportunity to release a version far superior in terms of quality and tech. That said, if we choose to develop this project, the development will start from scratch by doing research of what would be the best technology to use. It might not be a simple port of the console version.”

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Xavier434 posted:

Did you guys see this yet? I really hope that they put forth the time and money to do what Tabata wants. That would make the wait worth it imo.

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/final-fantasy-xv-director-talks-potential-pc-version-summer-dlc-announcement

Did they just sabotage all their console sales for something that will therefore never exist?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

gschmidl posted:

Did they just sabotage all their console sales for something that will therefore never exist?

I doubt it. In fact, I'd say that this might trigger the opposite. Fulfilling Tabata's desire to go beyond creating a simple port will take more time. A lot of people at this point have been assuming that a PC release is inevitable. The bigger question was how long it would take to release after 9/30. The answer to that question is now, "Probably longer than we thought". Impatience will likely result in more people choosing to buy the console version now. Additionally, some will buy both the console and PC version. This news very likely will help sell more console copies than it will hurt those sales figures.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You're severely overestimating how much console people care about pc versions existing.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Well, just saying "the PC version is a long ways off if at all" will keep this year's console sales strong and that's what they've been saying.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

"I'm not gonna buy the console version because the PC version will come out in a few years and be way better"

said no console gamer ever.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Augus posted:

"I'm not gonna buy the console version because the PC version will come out in a few years and be way better"

said no console gamer ever.

"I was thinking of buying a PS4 to play this, but if it's coming to PC with a better version I'll just wait" said a whole lot of potential customers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Schwartzcough posted:

"I was thinking of buying a PS4 to play this, but if it's coming to PC with a better version I'll just wait" said a whole lot of potential customers.

It's not a significant enough number.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

Not really, no. "Sometime down the line maybe there will be a better PC version" isn't going to turn off people so interested in FFXV they were going to buy a PS4 for it. The number of people who own a high-end gaming PC but were planning to buy a PS4 exclusively for FFXV and now won't because it is coming to PC is unlikely to be any significant number.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Schwartzcough posted:

In addition to the previous posts, a lot of these types of people already assumed that a PC release was imminent. The only thing that has really changed is that they now have evidence suggesting that they will have to wait a long time. Many of those people are bound to buy a PS4 because their patience level was just exceeded. Not to mention the number of people who are willing to buy a copy for each platform provided that the release date for each platform is spread apart enough.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

You are vastly overestimating the relevance of PC gaming even in today's market.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Tae posted:

You're severely overestimating how much console people care about pc versions existing.

i dunno seems like the whole ps4 thread is people celebrating the bad dark souls pc port

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

This is not about the relevance of PC gaming. PC gaming is relevant. If it wasn't then SE wouldn't be porting so many titles to PC. All that really matters is that we now know that people will have to wait longer to get the PC version of XV. Combining that evidence with the fact that consumers tend to be impatient allows us to understand how that is likely going to impact their buying decisions. More people will now buy it for PS4 since more people will now be convinced that they will have to wait longer than a handful of months to get the PC version.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 12, 2016

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
That's something that Tabata might have already been trying to get at when he explicitly said they didn't have a PC version planned right now but we're planning to look into it once they were done with the console versions.

Right now they're pushing very hard to get it done by the release date and this is a huge project. People assumed a PC port wouldn't be long after that but nothing I've heard before this announcement pointed in that direction and certainly not now. The PC version will be a while, possibly a very long while. I'm not console warrioring or something, I have both a PS4 and a gaming PC so I don't have a horse in the race. This is just the reality of the situation.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmm poo poo if they do a pc limited edition with a cindy statute then im gonna be out $600 on this game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Super No Vacancy posted:

i dunno seems like the whole ps4 thread is people celebrating the bad dark souls pc port

I'm not sure how console warriors reassuring themselves about their purchases is supposed to make a difference here.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

More gameplay snippets in this interview

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/04/13/final-fantasy-xv-director-says-its-make-or-break-for-franchise.aspx

http://i.imgur.com/fDdb88R.gifv

Terper fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 14, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Solidifying how Ignis is the best boy, here he is doing Jojo poses.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I am excited to pose with the bros

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This looks way better than I was expecting based on Episode Ducci.

So pumped.

Butt Ghost posted:

I am excited to pose with the bros

Yas.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm glad there's finally footage of Noctis driving the car. I was afraid they couldn't figure it out.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tae posted:

I'm glad there's finally footage of Noctis driving the car. I was afraid they couldn't figure it out.

It took a long-rear end time for Noctis to perfect sleep-driving.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Gologle posted:

Solidifying how Ignis is the best boy, here he is doing Jojo poses.

And he's the cook. Ticking all of the boxes.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

The quest at the 10:21 mark is called "A miserable pile of secrets." Nice. I hope it teaches us something about the nature of man.

giffan
Jul 10, 2012
So is it confirmed driving is confined to on rails on the roads? I thought I saw a clip of some offroad travel, but maybe I was imagining things.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I imagine you're stuck on roads, otherwise chocobos would be useless.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Why the hell would you ruin the king's nice car by taking it off road? Noctis's dad would be very disappointed in him!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You can take the car off-road, but it's magnetized to the road if you just press forward/drive.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The next stream will be next week and will recap the Uncovered event as well as provide more details

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

giffan posted:

So is it confirmed driving is confined to on rails on the roads? I thought I saw a clip of some offroad travel, but maybe I was imagining things.

I don't mind it being limited to roads and parking lots. I don't need GTA: Final Fantasy edition, but I do wonder how this will work once the car is modded to fly. Will we be just as limited as far as where we can land?

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

I love the random Mr. Saturn at 7:08.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I can't help but imagine Ignis saying "FOOLISH" with every new pose in that gif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Summaries of the 4 characters+luna and Regis: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/04/15/a-deeper-look-at-final-fantasy-xvs-characters.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

Also confirms that Kingsglaive is not a prequel to the game, but takes place after Noctis leaves and starts the roadtrip. The movie is about what happens that pronounces that Regis, Luna, and Noctis are declared "dead."

• Locked thread