Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

We didn't let in any animal, therapy or not, back in the day. I remember fondly explaining to a blind man he couldn't come in (bakery).

Nowadays that can land you in serious legal trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

Floppychop posted:

Nowadays that can land you in serious legal trouble.

Allowing the animal on the premises, depending on the zoning, could also land you in serious legal trouble. While a restaurant might be set up such that a patron and their service animal is far enough from the food prep/storage for it to not be a problem, a bakery might not have that ability.

As an actual anecdote a favorite brewpub near me doesn't actually have an outdoor bar despite having outdoor seating; you have to get up and go inside to order drinks and carry them out yourself. This is because it turns out that a big draw for them is people being able to bring their dogs (it's a hipster/yuppy tourist town) to the outside tables and eat/drink/smoke. If they had an actual outdoor bar, like all the other bars in town, they wouldn't be allowed to bring the dogs there.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Law is a funny old thing, isn't it?

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NuttO
Oct 22, 2001

sold fifty gold sixty platinum

pretty good 'osplay

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

It's going to depend on the venue, I imagine.

If you're planning Final Fantasy cosplay, please don't put your dog on your arm and fire him at people like a cannon. I imagine the staff would be very cross.

I went looking for cosplay pics and found this

That cat is NOT having it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
http://i.imgur.com/GHtHVZX.webm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4LuWXf5Tlw

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 05:04 on Apr 14, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0J6DW1pDAE

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

How do you go through all that and not give him the infinity gauntlet?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pops Mgee posted:

How do you go through all that and not give him the infinity gauntlet?

Because it's Thanos from Guardians of the Galaxy and he didn't have the gauntlet in that film!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I was browsing then thread when in another tab...

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

The proportions are screwing with my head. It looks bigger than it actually is when compared to real people. I can't figure out where the person is. Is that a fake head?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

veedubfreak posted:

The proportions are screwing with my head. It looks bigger than it actually is when compared to real people. I can't figure out where the person is. Is that a fake head?

Yeah, the cosplayer's head will be buried somewere in Thanos' chest. His hands are probably in T's elbows and he'll also be wearing shoes padded out so much that they're small stilts.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

veedubfreak posted:

They actually voted down a law here in Colorado that would have made it a crime to have a :airquote:"therapy dog":airquote: because there are some assholes here that are similar to pill factories just handing out certifications without actually doing anything.

You can get an 'emotional support animal' cert pretty dirt cheap and it's by some checkboxes and poo poo, one of which is 'do you have a mental problem y/n', but they are not subject to the same protections as service animals, so you can be kicked out or refused if you have them. I think there is only a couple of things that you can't deny them and it's stuff like airline flights etc.

Still it's pretty scummy, lot of people are allergic to dogs and doing it without an actual need for the animal is stupid

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

King Vidiot posted:

I was browsing then thread when in another tab...

The two nun cosplayers really got the accuracy down.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Oh man, it's weird that she went to so much effort in constructing the costume but got the colours completely wrong.

There I fixed it :downs:

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh man, it's weird that she went to so much effort in constructing the costume but got the colours completely wrong.

There I fixed it :downs:

You didn't fix it though

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

hhhat posted:

You didn't fix it though

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Bless you sir

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Still not worth her own introductory movie. :smith:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Pretty good viking cosplay

Solid Its Always Sunny Dee cosplay

I love it when famous people cos play. here is cumberbatch and iron man's friend cosplaying characters from Dungeons & Dragons 2000 movie.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 03:33 on Apr 15, 2016

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Klaus88 posted:

Which is really just more proof that DC is far too incompetent to handle their own IP. Marvel supremacy.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

RickVoid posted:

Which is really just more proof that DC is far too incompetent to handle their own IP. Marvel supremacy.

Which is really sad, i don't like marvel characters as much as a lot of DC ones. Xmen in particular are just sort of meh and they seem to like those along with spider hyphen man.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Klaus88 posted:

Batman didn't have one of those either.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Batman didn't have one of those either.

Nolan movies are canon for Batman vs Superman.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

Nolan movies are canon for Batman vs Superman.

That makes no sense because Nolan Batman retired and never worked with Robin and joker never killed robin and Alfred was way older and wouldn't be flying a Batman plane like a video game and also Batman vs Superman sucked

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

hhhat posted:

Batman vs Superman sucked

disagree

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

Pretty good viking cosplay

Solid Its Always Sunny Dee cosplay

I love it when famous people cos play. here is cumberbatch and iron man's friend cosplaying characters from Dungeons & Dragons 2000 movie.

Don't believe that that's Don Cheadle.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Stringbean posted:

Anything else?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Your entertainment tastes are objectively wrong.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah I recall we wernt even allowed to question anyone if it was a therapy animal or not but that was like 15 years ago at Safeway. People completely abused it and I'm still pretty sure there is no such thing as a "therapy snake".

If you're still talking about Colorado there is at least one" therapy snake" certified by a respectable organization and everything.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Really? like I eat up the DC animated movies and love the DC universe, but BVS had a nonsensical plot, that had the titular characters fighting for no good reason, bad acting (Lois and Lex in particular), meh fight scenes and so many dream sequences and flash backs it made Inception jealous.

Anyway, I think this cosplay really captures the spirit of One Punch Man. If you put to much effort in the outfit it doesn't work.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Madmarker posted:

Really? like I eat up the DC animated movies and love the DC universe, but BVS had a nonsensical plot, that had the titular characters fighting for no good reason, bad acting (Lois and Lex in particular), meh fight scenes and so many dream sequences and flash backs it made Inception jealous.

Anyway, I think this cosplay really captures the spirit of One Punch Man. If you put to much effort in the outfit it doesn't work.

I think they put in too much effort... in getting fresh konbu stock :v:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Grem posted:

If you're still talking about Colorado there is at least one" therapy snake" certified by a respectable organization and everything.

And yet no one will certify my Therapy Bottle of Gin

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

And yet no one will certify my Therapy Bottle of Gin

Well, if you loving shared, maybe we would.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Madmarker posted:

I'm not big on the DC animated movies, they're all pretty mediocre imo. I found BvS's plot pretty straight forward and the theme of the movie really interesting. I'm aware I am a major minority voice in support of BvS and don't expect to change anyone's opinion. The movie works for me on many levels, but the pacing and editing do bring it down quite a bit. Full disclosure, I love MoS and enjoy most of Snyder's movies. I'm excited to see his cut (the 3 hour one), because he has a good track record with Director's cuts. I really enjoyed Lex, Lois felt like chunks of her subplot were cut, and everyone else's acting was fine to great.

I was never a huge fan of Superman until MoS, which I know is considered heresy to comic fans.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Stringbean posted:

It's Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Madmarker posted:

Lex in BvS seemed like they were trying to make him into the Joker which was stupid, also for some reason mark zuckerberg. I need my superman/justice league cartoon version.

• Locked thread