Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i forgot morde existed again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tired Moritz posted:

i forgot morde existed again

That's okay, it's literally the worst champion rework Riot has ever done and it will stay buried until they rework it again.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Morde still works pretty well with Leona, at least in silver elo.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I played Morde a lot when he was broken then they changed his values again now I have literally zero idea what an optimal item build on him looks like and I'm never surprised to see one in a game with me build literally anything.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Worlds 2015 was significantly worse simply because of the Mordekaiser rework. What a dumb, dumb rework that was. It's probably my least favorite thing that's ever happened in League of Legends, especially because it was released into an environment where the game had been relatively well balanced for about a season.

Bah.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the follow-up changes on morde made him a playable solo laner again, you can basically just play him the same as before the rework now except he has a bit of sustain with the W so you don't need WotA and can rush Rylai's instead

stormraiders surge is very good on him

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Looks like Riot wants to do an assassin rework next.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Kashuno posted:

Hopefully to delete them

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

Yeah, Novemberish, after worlds.

Bring it on, I say.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

they've gotten most of the assassins to reasonable spots at this point, i'd say only Akali, Talon, Evelynn, and Rengar need significant reworks.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't want to see Kat in every game again, thanks.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Rengar needs more bugs so he gets disabled more often. Also so hes clunky as gently caress to play.

gently caress rengar.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
we've had a million boring tank metas but not one proper assassin meta since like season 3 so bring it the gently caress on

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tales of Woe posted:

they've gotten most of the assassins to reasonable spots at this point, i'd say only Akali, Talon, Evelynn, and Rengar need significant reworks.

#MakeAkaliGreatAgain

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tales of Woe posted:

The target number of champions for a rework is 6. There's 4 right there. I think Nidalee should be on that list as well which only leaves room for one more champion.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Safety Scissors posted:

The target number of champions for a rework is 6. There's 4 right there. I think Nidalee should be on that list as well which only leaves room for one more champion.

Zed. Khazix maybe?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I had a lot of fun(won the game) trying Leona, so everyone please give me your h0tte$t Leona tips.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they're not gonna rework zed or leblanc because they're the model that all the assassins are going to be based off of, they'll get touch-ups at best.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kashuno posted:

Zed. Khazix maybe?

Maybe Kha. Zed is fine.

Actually, Shaco is more likely to get reworked.

Safety Scissors fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 14, 2016

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Lovechop posted:

we've had a million boring tank metas but not one proper assassin meta since like season 3 so bring it the gently caress on

I'm sorry to pick up on this, but wouldn't that automatically spawn a tank meta to counter the burst of assassins? since by designs assassins are meant to be one shot wonders, building resistance or health would counter that completely. Assuming by meta you mean 'Hey, Riot made one shots work again.' I myself would start a one man tank meta.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Ristolaz posted:

I had a lot of fun(won the game) trying Leona, so everyone please give me your h0tte$t Leona tips.

Scaling armour reds and yellows, scaling MR blues, armour quints (or movement speed), and enjoy not dying in the early game.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Leona works best with adcs that can quickly distribute several packets of damage to the enemy, preferably from a considerable distance (or have a good gap-closer to follow up on her CC). Your passive deals an AWFUL lot of damage if you can proc it several times during the fight, and all that damage is counted towards your adc. I would recommend kog'maw and corki with her especially - Kog'maw you want to play safe and bodyguard until he gets scary, whereas corki is more of an early all-in sort of situation because he can valk in and proc your passive with his machine gun.

edit: I go hybrid pen marks on Leo, personally.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

Your job is basically to hang out and not get poked much, and then when it's fight o'clock you go hard. You get to decide when fights start. Flash initiates are an option, but try to make sure everyone is on board by spam pinging a few seconds ahead of time so you don't blow it for nothing. You can hold your sword toss thing to chase flashes if they're already screwed, so don't give them a free out by flash dodging it if you don't have to. You have a huge amount of CC and you're really hard to kill quickly so you can afford to stand in what would be awful places for other champs. Be careful about balancing initiation and peeling, if the other team murders your important damage dealers because you're solo diving some slippery rear end in a top hat like Fizz or Ez you hosed up.

Oh, and stagger your abilities a bit so your allies can proc the damage if possible.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

itsjustdrew posted:

I'm sorry to pick up on this, but wouldn't that automatically spawn a tank meta to counter the burst of assassins? since by designs assassins are meant to be one shot wonders, building resistance or health would counter that completely. Assuming by meta you mean 'Hey, Riot made one shots work again.' I myself would start a one man tank meta.

this won't happen because riot will add a rude new item that's like duskblade except it removes all of an enemy champs bonus armor for 5s and it will herald the golden era of stupid champs like maokai and nautilus dying over and over

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
That sounds awful :(

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
They should just make zerkers give bonus armor pen.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

BigLeafyTree posted:

Your job is basically to hang out and not get poked much, and then when it's fight o'clock you go hard. You get to decide when fights start. Flash initiates are an option, but try to make sure everyone is on board by spam pinging a few seconds ahead of time so you don't blow it for nothing. You can hold your sword toss thing to chase flashes if they're already screwed, so don't give them a free out by flash dodging it if you don't have to. You have a huge amount of CC and you're really hard to kill quickly so you can afford to stand in what would be awful places for other champs. Be careful about balancing initiation and peeling, if the other team murders your important damage dealers because you're solo diving some slippery rear end in a top hat like Fizz or Ez you hosed up.

Oh, and stagger your abilities a bit so your allies can proc the damage if possible.

Makes sense, thanks. I usually end up in the middle of the enemy team so this sounds like the champ for me >:]

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Ristolaz posted:

Makes sense, thanks. I usually end up in the middle of the enemy team so this sounds like the champ for me >:]

See also: Maokai, Udyr, Amumu.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
And Zac.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

Sexpansion posted:

See also: Maokai, Udyr, Amumu.

What? No malphite, sejuanni or rammus?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

itsjustdrew posted:

What? No malphite, sejuanni or rammus?

Them too.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Udyr doesn't really belong in that list, he wants to be chasing people or being chased around the map at 100mph, not standing in the middle of 5 enemies

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Udyr is actually really good at peeling in teamfights, it's just that idiots only play him like trick2g

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

That's okay, it's literally the worst champion rework Riot has ever done and it will stay buried until they rework it again.

Yes, we get it, now please show us on the doll where the evil Mordekaiser touched you.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The design of the rework was exciting and wondrous.

The whole balancing aspect was a tad off though.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Trying to read what he does now is impossible. he used to spam maces back when he was cool

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
You jammed maces up peoples assholes until they became your ghost bitch

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Mierenneuker posted:

The design of the rework was exciting and wondrous.

The whole balancing aspect was a tad off though.

the design was poo poo and just an awkward shoehorn into botlane with the extra xp mechanic which made botlane briefly unplayable if he was unbanned after he was just reworked since he would hit level 6 when your botlane was still at 4 or 5, and he would just 3rd hit Q and ult you and you probably died.

the dragon ghost was cool, everything else sucked. a lot.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Libertine posted:

Why would you rush a 3000g item before finishing your jungle item when jungling? Please explain.

The premier jungling meta build for Nidalee was RoA second for several patches, and for the most part is still the current meta build. I'm not really sure what the problem is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

NTT posted:

The premier jungling meta build for Nidalee was RoA second for several patches, and for the most part is still the current meta build. I'm not really sure what the problem is here.

Second is not first.

• Locked thread