Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Anyone listen to Hard Nation, the talk radio parody? It's pretty great so far. Nicole Beyer as Hillary and Anthony Atamanuik as Trump have been the past guests in what I'm guessing is a limited series for the 2016 election. It stars Paul Welch and Mike Still, head of UCB theater in LA.

I still haven't listened to the Nicole Beyer episode but I liked the Trump one they put on Earwolf Presents a couple of months back. I'd expect James Adomian to pop up at some point with his Bernie/Jesse Ventura (Maybe even his George Bush?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
This is the best thing I've seen all year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuAPSYYlelo

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
finallyyyy. been waiting so long to see a good quality live HH.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Vince Videogames posted:

I'm pretty sure nobody ever hears them really because this past episode the two of them were remarking about how they didn't like that the gymnasium made them louder and more audible to people at the event.

You can't hear them from more than 5' away, certainly not from the court.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Good to hear Hayes and Sean doing a live show in front of an audience that actually seems to know/be into them.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Crindee posted:

Good to hear Hayes and Sean doing a live show in front of an audience that actually seems to know/be into them.
i think this is the first live show they did at ucb, the safest room in the world.

i was gonna go to this but i had to work :(

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

cams posted:

i think this is the first live show they did at ucb, the safest room in the world.

i was gonna go to this but i had to work :(

Nah, they've done at least one other at UCB Sunset (Teen Pope sequel), one at Molly Malone's, and one at the LA Podfest that was just 20 nerds and me a cool person, not a podcast nerd who loves inside jokes.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I usually like the way they use the engineers but this was kind of a bummer. Cody was clearly more overwhelmed than usual and I feel like it would've worked better if Hayes & Sean had just conducted the bootcamp themselves instead of laughing at his nervous posture and lack of good scenarios.

Still, more HH Tom is always welcome. As was them making GBS threads on Jimmer and college hoops again.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Guess I'm a monster then because this was one of my favorites, I cannot get enough of them making fun of Cody, that stuff was topped for me only by Hayes making GBS threads on Brett by pointing out that he and Cody do basically the same thing.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I thought Cody was as game as ever. Plus he rattled off all those mic/audio equipment model numbers at the drop of a hat - I know that's second nature to anyone who has done anything real with high-end sound, but he sounded like a pro.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Crindee posted:

...making GBS threads on Brett by pointing out that he and Cody do basically the same thing.

Wait, uh... they don't?

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I like that they found tom in a box car barrelling towards the pacific ocean shouting "DON'T YOU DO THIS TO MEEEE"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

feedmyleg posted:

Wait, uh... they don't?

They said that he's only called Head Engineer because otherwise he'd probably die.
Cody seemed rattled by the crowd (he probably doesn't do... whatever weird yogic sitting position they described while in studio) but it's not like they let that hold up the show at all.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For the record, I now adore Pistol Shrimps Radio. Also, it just reinforces my platonic man crush on Matt Gourley.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
Would do bad things for a dedicated Hayes and Sean hoops podcast.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Monopthalmus posted:

Would do bad things for a dedicated Hayes and Sean hoops podcast.
Gourley's not gonna be on PSR next week, can we start some kind of petition to have them call the game with Mark?

(it's probably gonna be PFT or one of the other Superego guys)

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Illinois Smith posted:

Gourley's not gonna be on PSR next week, can we start some kind of petition to have them call the game with Mark?

(it's probably gonna be PFT or one of the other Superego guys)

I think they both actually understand the rules of basketball, which would ruin the appeal of the podcast imo.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

I think they both actually understand the rules of basketball, which would ruin the appeal of the podcast imo.

I would enjoy hearing which Shrimp best embodies one or more of Jimmer Fredette's multiple talents.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Lol at Matt Besser on the latest live I4H talking about Bernie Sanders like he's a fringe joke candidate. He's reacting to a recorded interview with a Sanders supporter who wasn't the most articulate, but who expressed his belief that health care and higher education should be rights and that campaign finance reform was important. Besser then turns back to the audience and is like "Oh my GOD, what a loving moron...am I right??" and is met with complete stony silence. Is he really so out of touch that he doesn't realize a majority of his young UCB audience are likely strong Sanders supporters?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I had to skip forward as soon as he started. It was painful.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tacier posted:

Is he really so out of touch that he doesn't realize a majority of his young UCB audience are likely strong Sanders supporters?

Besser's family connections to the Clintons (And being from Arkansas in general, I suppose) cloud his views to a ridiculous degree.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Tacier posted:

Lol at Matt Besser on the latest live I4H talking about Bernie Sanders like he's a fringe joke candidate. He's reacting to a recorded interview with a Sanders supporter who wasn't the most articulate, but who expressed his belief that health care and higher education should be rights and that campaign finance reform was important. Besser then turns back to the audience and is like "Oh my GOD, what a loving moron...am I right??" and is met with complete stony silence. Is he really so out of touch that he doesn't realize a majority of his young UCB audience are likely strong Sanders supporters?

Very weird, people cheered after the recording, he definitely misread the reaction to the interview. I'm surprised all the improvisers just rolled with his interpretation, I'm guessing they probably didn't want to start a debate on a comedy podcast? An argument probably doesn't lend itself to good improv. The whole scene didn't even end up being about Bernie vs Hilary.

SMP
May 5, 2009

I'm glad my decision to stop listening to I4H is validated. Case closed is the worst (except for Gemberling defending beastiality).

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

He hasn't done case closed in a really long time. Actually I don't think he's done it at all this year but I could be wrong (Lots of musical episodes though)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I actually kinda want to listen to this one in particular, because my favorite Besser rants are one where nobody else in on board.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Then you must have loved the 20 episodes centered around his love for the trumpet guy.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

Then you must have loved the 20 episodes centered around his love for the trumpet guy.

"Let's call up this man with obvious mental illness issues and let him go for half an hour, this will inspire some great comedy"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

feedmyleg posted:

I actually did like it until he called him in to give advice. It seemed like he was just having him on to spite the people who didn't like him as much as Besser thought they should.

Besser has this attitude about his own opinions that I just plain don't like, and hearing those opinions met with confusion, or better yet negativity or silence, is a pretty decent source of entertainment for me.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

SpacePig posted:

I actually did like it until he called him in to give advice. It seemed like he was just having him on to spite the people who didn't like him as much as Besser thought they should.

Besser has this attitude about his own opinions that I just plain don't like, and hearing those opinions met with confusion, or better yet negativity or silence, is a pretty decent source of entertainment for me.

I think he really liked the guy and valued his opinion. I think he wanted to give him a platform to talk because he liked him so much.

I don't mind Besser's opinions, I just think he's pretty dismissive of others opinions, he's a contrarian with strong opinions, what do you expect?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I expect crossballs

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Besser's family connections to the Clintons (And being from Arkansas in general, I suppose) cloud his views to a ridiculous degree.

What are his connections? I thought his hard-on for the Clintons was solely that they're all from the same dumb state.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

If you're as much a political junkie as a comedy nerd, David Gregory's first thing after being fired from Meet the Press is a new interview show on Earwolf. Launches tomorrow. Already lined up Andy Cohen, Arianna Huffington, Jon Meacham, and Mitt Romney.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
gently caress David Gregory

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tacier posted:

Besser's basically 80 years old, see: the episode where he complains about having too gall darn many passwords to remember

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

What are his connections? I thought his hard-on for the Clintons was solely that they're all from the same dumb state.

I'm not sure, exactly, but I know he's mentioned it on the show in the past. His dad was an investment banker and a Democrat in Arkansas, so it was probably a donor/fundraiser relationship.

The only thing I can easily find Googling around relates to his Dad donating some of his art collection to a program shepherded by the Clinton Foundation, which later went sour.

padijun posted:

Besser's basically 80 years old, see: the episode where he complains about having too gall darn many passwords to remember

I'm 31 and I will agree, there's too many got-dang passwords these days (though he was bitching about not having his Verizon account password and, moreover, not having a Verizon account, which means he is probably paying his bills by mail...like an 80 year old man.)

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

He hasn't done case closed in a really long time. Actually I don't think he's done it at all this year but I could be wrong (Lots of musical episodes though)
Doesn't he have a show that is basically Case Closed on Howl? I guess he gets it out of his system there.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

If you're as much a political junkie as a comedy nerd, David Gregory's first thing after being fired from Meet the Press is a new interview show on Earwolf. Launches tomorrow. Already lined up Andy Cohen, Arianna Huffington, Jon Meacham, and Mitt Romney.
I don't know who David Gregory is but that sounds like the least good Earwof thing since Question of the Day.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ElCondemn posted:

Very weird, people cheered after the recording, he definitely misread the reaction to the interview. I'm surprised all the improvisers just rolled with his interpretation, I'm guessing they probably didn't want to start a debate on a comedy podcast? An argument probably doesn't lend itself to good improv. The whole scene didn't even end up being about Bernie vs Hilary.

Putting Greg Proops on I4H would be funny to see if Besser starts railing on short form improv, then transitioning to slob Clinton's knob.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

You're listening to Pistol Shrimps Radio, brought to you by Carl's Jr, the only hamburger with a dad.

I've been listening to this podcast for 3 full days and I think that's my favorite joke of all time.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

ArtVandelay posted:

You're listening to Pistol Shrimps Radio, brought to you by Carl's Jr, the only hamburger with a dad.

I've been listening to this podcast for 3 full days and I think that's my favorite joke of all time.

I just listened to the 4/5 and 4/12 episodes yesterday, not knowing what I was getting into, and I can safely say I am invested in a women's recreation league basketball team at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

padijun posted:

I just listened to the 4/5 and 4/12 episodes yesterday, not knowing what I was getting into, and I can safely say I am invested in a women's recreation league basketball team at this point

If you go on youtube, you can watch the game with the podcast subbed in of the game in July of 15 where these poor tiny women go against the LA Unified team full of former NBA stars. It's absolutely hilarious.