Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

To be fair, he tried his best to help her. Goign so far to get her checked by a psychiatrist and she rejected his help.

I can see how bullets would be the next logical step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

DrProsek posted:

Yeah I know, that's my point though; if he's so upset by the fact a person he considered mentally ill wasnt responding to treatment and was even hostile to getting treated, he probably shouldn't have involved himself in the mental health/treatment of a mentally ill stranger to begin with. My point was you can't say "to be fair he tried to help her" when he's so clearly lovely at it.

Well, he's more upset at having being played like a fiddle by Duela. He was projecting himself on her and was convinced she wanted to change.

Obviously he was reckless dealing with her but I guess this start the chain of actions that will give him the villian status he has after Rebirth.

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

redbackground posted:

I can see how bullets would be the next logical step.
Speaking as someone who works on the nursing unit at a mental hospital, that's just standard procedure.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

"Jason is forced to murder an insane villain who he tried to redeem but failed" isn't a bad character beat.

"Jason does it while making a quip" kind of undercuts all of that.

Once again Sam Vimes is proven to be the best hero there is.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Once again Sam Vimes is proven to be the best hero there is.
Pretend I'm not empty-quoting this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Um so Scott Lobdell killed one of the worst characters DC's shat out in years? gently caress, give the man an Eisner, I say.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

TwoPair posted:

Um so Scott Lobdell killed one of the worst characters DC's shat out in years? gently caress, give the man an Eisner, I say.

Yeah while I think it'd kinda messed up Jason did it because he sucks at psychology, I'm still counting it as a win for Lobdell. If DC/Lobdell wanted to turn Red Hood into the garbageman of bad DC villains I'd be all for it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

DrProsek posted:

Yeah while I think it'd kinda messed up Jason did it because he sucks at psychology, I'm still counting it as a win for Lobdell. If DC/Lobdell wanted to turn Red Hood into the garbageman of bad DC villains I'd be all for it.

The series would then end in a suicide.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't JD get that face sewn onto her own?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

TwoPair posted:

I am oddly okay with this. The getting rid of the worst character bit.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Like Harley Quinn's origin is that she was Joker's psychiatrist, the next Joker's Daughter should be his public defender.

Her spin-off can be called "JD, JD".

fake e: Possible subtitle, "The Law is an rear end".

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Are there Pym Particles in the DC universe? If not, how does the gun shrink to half its size from the first panel to the second?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

ZDar Fan posted:

Are there Pym Particles in the DC universe? If not, how does the gun shrink to half its size from the first panel to the second?

Anything is possible when you're lovely at drawing.

Picklepuss
Jul 12, 2002

ZDar Fan posted:

Likewise, am I confused or does Red Hood kick the gun out of her hand and then shoot an unarmed woman? :gonk:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Picklepuss posted:

Likewise, am I confused or does Red Hood kick the gun out of her hand and then shoot an unarmed woman? :gonk:

No, that is exactly what he does.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ZDar Fan posted:

First ask yourself where the gun comes from.

Because it just magically appears in her hand.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

ZDar Fan posted:

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Wait a tic, the Chinese Superman's name is Kenji? They gave a Chinese character a Japanese name? That's...huh.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

No, that is exactly what he does.

He had no choice, she refused help!

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

First ask yourself where the gun comes from.

Because it just magically appears in her hand.

I think we're forced to assume that she pulled it from Red Hood's.... pants? Jacket pocket? Invisible holster? Any of the three incarnations of that gun are too big for any of those but it makes way more sense than JD having it on her the whole time.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

She had it hidden off pannel obviously.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Insert lazy Donald Trump meme here.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Verant posted:

Wait a tic, the Chinese Superman's name is Kenji? They gave a Chinese character a Japanese name? That's...huh.

The author caught a bit of flack for this already. He explained that Kenji can be Chinese, and that he picked it for two reasons: it's got a hard K sound like Clark Kent, and Americans won't gently caress it up too bad.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I think I trust a Chinese man that a certain name can be considered both Chinese and Japanese in origin than I trust some twitter people on it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I am a Chinese man who's never heard of a name like that used by Chinese people and was also kinda weirded out by the choice. I hope Yang knows what he's doing.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kan Ye would be an acceptable variant.

Though no one man should have all that power.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

lotus circle posted:

I think I trust a Chinese man that a certain name can be considered both Chinese and Japanese in origin than I trust some twitter people on it.

This might be alarming but people on Twitter can be Chinese too.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

"You're fired, Joker's Daughter!!!!"

Wow, it just flows so well.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm more amused at this chinese Superman full name being Kenji Kong. I cant stop thinking of Donkey Kong :v:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Wendell posted:

"You're fired, Joker's Daughter!!!!"

Wow, it just flows so well.

Is that supposed to be the original harlequin character or something?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Nah, the original Joker's Daughter was the second Harlequin.Her original gimmick (long before this version) was that she fought Robin and claimed to be the daughter of various supervillains. Robin eventually figured out she was Duela Dent, Harvey's daughter. She changed her name when she tried to join the Teen Titans.

This is a new version though,. She just found the Joker's face floating in the sewer and decided to wear it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Kingtheninja posted:

She's just a poo poo character who found a lovely skinned face in a pile of poo poo and then decided to wear it all the time like a dumbshit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

This is a new version though,. She just found the Joker's face floating in the sewer and decided to wear it.

While hanging out in the sewers, as one does.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

While hanging out in the sewers, as one does.

Well it is where all the poo poo goes so she should feel right at home there.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

I've been assured there are stories with new Joker's Daughter that aren't poo poo but based on all available evidence I find that hard to believe.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

DrProsek posted:

I've been assured there are stories with new Joker's Daughter that aren't poo poo
:sever:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

DrProsek posted:

I've been assured there are stories with new Joker's Daughter that aren't poo poo but based on all available evidence I find that hard to believe.

Someone is lying to you, friend

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DrProsek posted:

Stop hanging out with Scot Lobdell

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DC really, REALLY wanted JD to be the next Harley Quinn and they were really close to giving her a hard push. Supposedly there are two completed issues of a canceled JD ongoing series sitting in a drawer somewhere by an unnamed creative team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I don't understand that at all. Not only is Harley still making them a buttload of money but why would you just take another crazy girl version of the same loving villain and expect it to take off? Maybe give a Superman villain or one of Flash's rogues a Harley of their own and see what happens but christ don't just give us the Big Lots version of Harley.