Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Staltran posted:

I don't think you're supposed to smoke fisstech... Don't you absorb it through your mucuous membranes?

yeah but I asked the office and no one knows what they smoke in the witcher universe, everyone just shrugged and said "herbs?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Zorodius posted:

It's weird to me that Sapkowski, or any author, wouldn't be irresistibly curious about what they'd done with his material.

The games sold millions of copies and dozens of highly talented artists spent years bringing his world to life - how can he know that and be like, "whatever, not worth a look"?

Along the same lines, I know Ken Kesey hated how they changed the PoV character in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, but when someone's adaptation of your story wins five academy awards, and you still refuse to try watching it... I don't get that.

Artists usually have deeply personal connections to their work, they can be really powerful and really complex. Stephen King *hates* Kubrick's Shining, I get why he doesn't like it despite the fact that it's a masterpiece.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Artists usually have deeply personal connections to their work, they can be really powerful and really complex. Stephen King *hates* Kubrick's Shining, I get why he doesn't like it despite the fact that it's a masterpiece.

especially considering how much better it would have been if he directed it himself

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

WoodrowSkillson posted:

especially considering how much better it would have been if he directed it himself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggWS4tTzs60

cocaine, hell of a drug, etc etc

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

exactly

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Zorodius posted:

It's weird to me that Sapkowski, or any author, wouldn't be irresistibly curious about what they'd done with his material.

The games sold millions of copies and dozens of highly talented artists spent years bringing his world to life - how can he know that and be like, "whatever, not worth a look"?
Sapkowski specifically stated that he knows the games for their visual aspect and thinks highly of them in that regard but he hasn't played them as he doesn't really get the interactive part, it's not interesting to him. He's not interested in making a digital puppet swing its sword but he does appreciate how the Witcher universe brought to life by CDPR looks.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Staltran posted:

I don't think you're supposed to smoke fisstech... Don't you absorb it through your mucuous membranes?

If anyone can find out what the Witcher equivalent of bicarb is I can detail how to make it smokable for you.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Don't know how they will top facing down the loving Devil, but I am eager to see Geralt tangle with french/german vampires in fantasy city.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Megazver posted:

"Well, since it leaked anyway..."

Geralt swag as gently caress.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
I don't know that I saw O'Dimm as 'evil incarnate' as such, I don't think a being in that aspect would have any reason to respect the rules of the games it sets. Capricious and dangerous certainly.

Regardless, I'mstoked for the expansion, and hope the rumoured 'Brotherhood of the wof' influence is there, though it's clearly going to be vampire centric as well.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Can't wait to get Geralt some sweet new vampire robes 'n poo poo.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Staltran posted:

The best known way to take it is to rub it into your dick.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I can't wait to actually play this game beyond Velen. I was like, "poo poo there is this much and there are still two expansions to be released? gently caress that, I'm not going to re-invest hundreds of hours again to do it all a second or third time." Hurry up so I can 100% the game and uninstall it please, it takes up a lot of space.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Broose posted:

I can't wait to actually play this game beyond Velen. I was like, "poo poo there is this much and there are still two expansions to be released? gently caress that, I'm not going to re-invest hundreds of hours again to do it all a second or third time." Hurry up so I can 100% the game and uninstall it please, it takes up a lot of space.

I've played this game like 6 times now, scrub.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Megazver posted:

"Well, since it leaked anyway..."

oh God they got his boot laces. What devilry is this.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Supreme Allah posted:

oh God they got his boot laces. What devilry is this.

Somebody wondered about the consitency and taste of the spaghetti this night.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Apparently I could buy myself some Gwent decks if I submit proof of purchase as expansion pass holder, cometh Blood & Wine. Would any of you gentlemen have link or guide on getting around to that?

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

What does a doppler look like?

What does gaunters original form loom like (not the gwent card)

Are broken rakes the Witcher's calipers?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Is it, in fact, canon that Geralt breaks into people's houses to eat their candles?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

fickle poofterist posted:

What does gaunters original form loom like (not the gwent card)

Don't you catch a glimpse of this at the end of the DLC? At least I think I did, with the ending I chose.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

404notfound posted:

Don't you catch a glimpse of this at the end of the DLC? At least I think I did, with the ending I chose.

It's a more demonic form, sure, but I don't know really think that's what Gaunter TRULY looks like, as much as it's like his in-between phase.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Is there a point or points where the main quest has a natural break to pause and do rando quests?

I don't want to miss out on cool random stuff because I'm sticking to the main quest too much.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Captain Beans posted:

Is there a point or points where the main quest has a natural break to pause and do rando quests?

I don't want to miss out on cool random stuff because I'm sticking to the main quest too much.

After you visit kaer Morhen for the first time you can go back to random quests. There's another point shortly after that that gives you a warning that you will be locked into major plot quests for several hours until opening up again

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Do we have a release date for this so I can plan on a time period wherein I won't have a life?

(Who am I kidding I already don't have a life) :negative:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope Blood and Wine gives us more oppertunities for Geralt to cheat on Yen. I mean, what happens in DLC stays in DLC.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So after 117 hours according to steam, I finally finished the game!

It goes remarkably quickly after the Battle at Kaer Morhen, I probably finished in around 6 or 7 hours or so once that happened.

anyways, it's fantastic and I've yet to begin the dlc and there's a crazy amount of sidequests I've left to do yet. Still kicking myself for not modding in a level cap until I got to level 45, but I remembered in time so I could keep using the fancy looking armor and weapons.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Witcher 3 is The Game That Never Ends. Normally that's a bad thing but in this case I never got bored. Even when I completed my 100 hour run I wanted more. Good thing I had Hearts of Stone!

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

twistedmentat posted:

I hope Blood and Wine gives us more oppertunities for Geralt to cheat on Yen. I mean, what happens in DLC stays in DLC.

Fringilla.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

haha lambert owns 'Lambert, Lambert, you're a dick'

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

sebmojo posted:

haha lambert owns 'Lambert, Lambert, you're a dick'

No... vhat ah you doing? KILLING MONSTERRRRS

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Where's that whippersnapper wandered off to? He could be beleaguered, I wager!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Played the Witcher board game today. Pretty fun if you like the theme. It's not a deep or strategic game at all, it's literally just wander round, draw cards and get tokens to complete quests and roll dice to fight stuff. I was Geralt, so pretty good at killing stuff and tends to get seven shades of poo poo beaten out of him on a regular basis.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Isn't that the sorceress that hosed Yenn up? Yea, awkward there.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

twistedmentat posted:

Isn't that the sorceress that hosed Yenn up? Yea, awkward there.

Well didn't geralt bang fringilla last time he was in touissant?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Holy Christ just got to Bald Mountain and the Imlerith fight can go gently caress itself, what the the HELL, it took long enough to get him down to one bar and then he starts teleporting behind you every .5 seconds and it's impossible not to get hit and have a chance to heal even though I'm rolling and dodging like crazy... I somehow constantly roll or dodge INTO him and get hit! I like that he gets his mace stuck occasionally but after attacking him he immediately counterattacks and shoves me poo poo in. What do?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Deakul posted:

Holy Christ just got to Bald Mountain and the Imlerith fight can go gently caress itself, what the the HELL, it took long enough to get him down to one bar and then he starts teleporting behind you every .5 seconds and it's impossible not to get hit and have a chance to heal even though I'm rolling and dodging like crazy... I somehow constantly roll or dodge INTO him and get hit! I like that he gets his mace stuck occasionally but after attacking him he immediately counterattacks and shoves me poo poo in. What do?

He's got a pretty obvious pattern. Roll rather than dodge for the second section and if you absolutely can't get it, just resort to quen spam and you should be golden.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I stun locked him and tanked his hits, killed him in like 30 seconds max. But I also did like every side quest possible before Kaer Mohren.

Waiting for Geralt to talk about what a man is and throw that goblet on the floor.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Deakul posted:

Keep rolling until he gets his mace stuck. Hit him once, because he'll counterattack. Repeat. Reapply Quen as necessary.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nasgate posted:

I stun locked him and tanked his hits, killed him in like 30 seconds max. But I also did like every side quest possible before Kaer Mohren.

Waiting for Geralt to talk about what a man is and throw that goblet on the floor.

What is a Witcher? A miserable pile of gwent cards! But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Arcsquad12 posted:

No... vhat ah you doing? KILLING MONSTERRRRS

and the trolls "YOU KILLS MONSTERS, WE MONSTERS" (to troll buddy) "NOTS TO MAKE THAT FACE, YOU KNOW IT TRUE"