Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Equeen posted:

Ew, no thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
oh god why is that the first post on a new page

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Cap is idealistic. Tony is pragmatic. Doesn't get more basic than that.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So that earlier posted Thor 3 article actually included a new Civil War clip at the bottom for some reason: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/04/14/deadpool-2-officially-announced/

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Shageletic posted:

So that earlier posted Thor 3 article actually included a new Civil War clip at the bottom for some reason: http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/04/14/deadpool-2-officially-announced/

Is it me or is editing super weird?

Some of the punches look fake as hell, too.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I'm seeing a link to an article about Deadpool 2 and no actual footage?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

PiedPiper posted:

It looks like they chopped it up again for time.

EDIT: ^^^ Its not part of the article, its a video towards the end of the page. It automatically starts playing. What a weird way to publicize it.

EDIT 2: They changed the actual article but the vid is still there. What the hell is going on in that website.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 14, 2016

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Maybe someday Superhero movies will progress to a point where the creators realize that implying infertile women are monsters or having villains giving jars of urine to other characters are generally bad ideas.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Shageletic posted:

It looks like they chopped it up again for time.

EDIT: ^^^ Its not part of the article, its a video towards the end of the page. It automatically starts playing. What a weird way to publicize it.

EDIT 2: They changed the actual article but the vid is still there. What the hell is going on in that website.

Ah, either Adblock or my work filter must be preventing it from loading.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Maybe someday Superhero movies will progress to a point where the creators realize that implying infertile women are monsters or having villains giving jars of urine to other characters are generally bad ideas.

I still haven't heard a reason why the jar of urine is bad other than people assuming it's pure toilet humor.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

site posted:

I kinda wish marvel hadn't blown their load so early with iron man by extending phase 1 and having two iron man movies out of a three movie contract happen before anything major occurs universe wise. We could've really used another im movie after aou.

I think before AoU, there were other plans for Cap 3 and the progression of the movies. There were lots of articles post-IM3 about RDJ being tired, Avengers 2 and maybe 3 all that he had left on contract, them trying everything they could for IM4. Then it rapidly came out that Cap 3 and IM4 were sort of becoming one movie? I was pretty surprised that RDJ was adding another one to his slate, maybe it means he won't appear in IW as much as otherwise (at least in the flesh).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PiedPiper posted:

Not just you, that was some confusing editing. I understood what was going on but there could have been better ways to do that action sequence.

Here is the actual video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUTxijFgwLs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

Bad person does bad thing

"Why is bad person doing bad thing"

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I'm seeing a link to an article about Deadpool 2 and no actual footage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMdfj62iC_g

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That jar of urine rocked and Holy Hunter sold the poo poo outta that scene.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Josh Lyman posted:

I kinda want to see Taylor Swift as Captain Marvel.

She is Dazzler, end of discussion.

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

I blame society for making everyone look at a glass of piss and giggle because it's piss rather than actually take a second to figure out what the jar of piss is doing there. I'd agree with you if, like, it accidentally splashed all over Holly Hunter and she screamed "ewwwww" really loud and that triggered the bomb or something, but it's Lex being a weird little sociopath trying to freak out the senator.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Am I just face blind or who is the blonde girl? Doesn't look like Olsen.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Cage posted:

Sharon Carter. She was in Winter Soldier.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Thanks. I was just thinking yesterday I should watch that movie again.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Cage posted:

Sharon Carter maybe?

Efb

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cage posted:

Thanks. I was just thinking yesterday I should watch that movie again.

Winter Soldier is really good and I should watch it again too

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

greatn posted:

That jar of urine rocked and Holy Hunter sold the poo poo outta that scene.

That's because Holly Hunter owns.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

She is Dazzler, end of discussion.

I blame society for making everyone look at a glass of piss and giggle because it's piss rather than actually take a second to figure out what the jar of piss is doing there. I'd agree with you if, like, it accidentally splashed all over Holly Hunter and she screamed "ewwwww" really loud and that triggered the bomb or something, but it's Lex being a weird little sociopath trying to freak out the senator.

One of my friends said he felt the jar of piss would have had more impact if the Senator had drank some it before realizing what it was and I was just flabbergasted.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MacheteZombie posted:

One of my friends said he felt the jar of piss would have had more impact if the Senator had drank some it before realizing what it was and I was just flabbergasted.

When he said that, could you see the physical manifestation of the point flying above his head like a 747?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

Ahhaha.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

Lmao

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The secret of BvS is that the extended cut is literally nothing but piss jar scenes.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

MacheteZombie posted:

Well, people are acting like that really happened in the film...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Well, he's not wrong.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It is a hilarious image but with all the talk of plot holes, can you imagine the reaction to a senator just randomly drinking an open jar of liquid that is just sitting on her desk for no reason? The tactical realists would have a aneurysm.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Zack Snyder has created the "Head In The Box" scene of the 10s in cinema: the jar of piss scene.

One day, at some party, a man or woman will belligerently yell at him that how could he make Holly Hunter drink a jar of piss, and he'll only respond with "I didn't" and he or she will walk off in a huff. David Fincher will walk up behind him and go "don't take it personally. It just means it worked."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Yoshifan823 posted:

When he said that, could you see the physical manifestation of the point flying above his head like a 747?

Things can't fly over his head, his reflexes are too fast.

After a few stunned moments I replied that it was an awful idea and changed the subject, which might have been his plan.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

So Hype for T'Challa.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Why doesn't he just powerbomb Natasha?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Piledriver and the Stonecold Stunner were declared illegal moves back in 2013. Keep up, bro.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I kind of want to go back and watch Serenity, because I'm pretty sure that movie had more interesting direction than either of the Avengers films in spite of being a re-hash of a fun but overrated TV show made on a way smaller budget.

It feels like Whedon peaked 10-15 years ago and has been on a steady glide path down while his budgets go up exponentially.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 14, 2016

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So a jar of piss figured prominently in the most high profile movie of 2016 so far I'm gathering? The gently caress?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Shageletic posted:

So a jar of piss figured prominently in the most high profile movie of 2016 so far I'm gathering? The gently caress?

Yes and it was good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Well, yeah, but who is surprised at a jar of piss in Deadpool?

Unless you mean overseas in which case I don't think Zootopia had a jar of piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I like the part where Natasha punches Bucky in the dick and then straight up disappears when Sharon starts kicking him.

Good editing.

• Locked thread