Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Anyone playing this tonight, or is everyone playing the Dark Souls.

I'm gonna watch netflix for a little bit more. Then play more Fart Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Anyone playing this tonight, or is everyone playing the Dark Souls.

I'm playing Ratchet & Clank.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Please stream this.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

PleasusChrist posted:

That would have been fine if I needed the revenge kills anymore, but I just needed the bloodthirsties. It's all good though. Diamond SMG's are done, and now I get to never use the Razorback ever again!

For those that have done the DM grind, is there any order you did it in that you liked? I'm done with snipers, AR's, SMG's, and launchers. I think pistols are going suck. And the Gorgon.

I'm doing it now and I've done - Shotguns, SMG, AR, Knife, and I have just the Gorgon left for LMG's - Launchers just happened naturally.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm down to 2 rifles and 2 lmgs for DM - pistols were actually significantly easier than the shotguns. If you miss a headshot with a pistol you miss a headshot, but the shotguns that require headshots spray poo poo everywhere and half the time you'll 'miss' your perfectly lined up headshot because the server decided they died from a pellet grazing their shoulder.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Pretty_Llama posted:

At what point have you taken a flag in Dom?

:master:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

PleasusChrist posted:

For those that have done the DM grind, is there any order you did it in that you liked? I'm done with snipers, AR's, SMG's, and launchers. I think pistols are going suck. And the Gorgon.

LMGs aren't bad. Either are pistols. You really need those and the knife and it sounds like you're done. Grind the pistols in hardcore. It's much easier.

For the knife, your bloodthirsty kills might be a challenge. Also you need 200 kills with it before you start the challenges, so I'd recommend getting going on that since that's a big chunk of the time to get secondaries diamonds.

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Man, does anyone else have problems with lag in this game? I had to quit Advanced Warfare because the lobbies got too laggy, and it is even worse in this one. I am literally rubber-banding and people are warping around like the a Japanese horror movie ghost. It really sucks because I've really liked these last two CoDs a lot, but it is just unplayable for me. I don't know if it is on my end or there are less lobbies or they hosed something up with the netcode.

The last two weeks have been really bad. Lots of hiccups where the game freezes for an instant (which seems to happen whenever someone leaves / joins a lobby), players running in stop motion, maps loading without textures and overall general weirdness. We had a game last night on Metro where if anyone died your corpse would just appear outside for a brief second before you respawned. Its very hit or miss if the connections are good these days. I wonder if some of the issue stems from a declining player base so the game is looking farther away to find a server.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Cross post from the ps+ thread and off-topic, but since I play with you guys somewhat regularly know that my ps+ got hacked and they set the primary to some system in Russian. It's being sorted, but you guys may want to login and make sure you didn't get hacked too. If "deactivate all" isn't available under your account and your machine isn't set as the primary, you're in the same boat as me.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

housefly posted:

Cross post from the ps+ thread and off-topic, but since I play with you guys somewhat regularly know that my ps+ got hacked and they set the primary to some system in Russian. It's being sorted, but you guys may want to login and make sure you didn't get hacked too. If "deactivate all" isn't available under your account and your machine isn't set as the primary, you're in the same boat as me.

Thanks for reminding me to double my password length just to be sure.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

housefly posted:

LMGs aren't bad. Either are pistols. You really need those and the knife and it sounds like you're done. Grind the pistols in hardcore. It's much easier.

For the knife, your bloodthirsty kills might be a challenge. Also you need 200 kills with it before you start the challenges, so I'd recommend getting going on that since that's a big chunk of the time to get secondaries diamonds.

I think I already have close to 100 knife kills from a few prestiges ago when I got bored and wanted to piss everyone off. Are pistols 2-shot kill in HC or can you get away with 1-shot?

What I've read on the shotgun headshots is just put a laser on and aim slightly over their head? I'm done with KRM and almost done with Argus, so I just have the two worst left. Also, gently caress the Brecci. I don't know how I can get murdered from across the room with one, but as soon as I pull it out, I have to be within like a 6 inch radius to register hit markers.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

http://charlieintel.com/2016/04/12/double-xp-black-ops-3-mp-zombies-starts-april-15-ends-april-18/

More double XP coming this weekend.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I might hit my first prestige then.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

PleasusChrist posted:

I think I already have close to 100 knife kills from a few prestiges ago when I got bored and wanted to piss everyone off. Are pistols 2-shot kill in HC or can you get away with 1-shot?

What I've read on the shotgun headshots is just put a laser on and aim slightly over their head? I'm done with KRM and almost done with Argus, so I just have the two worst left. Also, gently caress the Brecci. I don't know how I can get murdered from across the room with one, but as soon as I pull it out, I have to be within like a 6 inch radius to register hit markers.

Pistols are generally 2-shot kills in HC for body shots. Headshots are 1 though, I believe. I recommend using the ELO as for some reason that makes the bullets magnetic to their heads (at least in my experience).

Wait...Brecci and Haymaker are the GOOD shotguns. I know you have to get headshots with them, but it's really not that bad. Most will tell you to do jump shots over people and aim down. That works. What I found that worked best for my playstyle was aiming ever so slightly up right after I spawn and hip firing. You'll be surprised how often you'll pop their head - especially in HC.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Who wants to play tonight

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Oh man. I'm busy all weekend learning how to save people from crashed helicopters and heavy equipment. Hopefully I can sneak some CoD in.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

KingShiro posted:

I might hit my first prestige then.

Same here.

I wish there were more games of demolition going on, that game always gets crazy.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I'll definitely be online tonight.

Two COD games in a row, baby:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Dark Souls 3 arrived, but I'll still play.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I'll definitely be online tonight.

Two COD games in a row, baby:

Didn't you just start playing this a month or so ago?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Mill Village posted:

Didn't you just start playing this a month or so ago?

Yeah, definitely in March - every weekend being double-something helped for sure.

Work smarter, not harder!

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Well I missed the double keys, but at least I'll be around for double XP this weekend.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

SO. UH. YOU PS4 FUCKERS SHOULD PLAY THAT NEW ZOMBIE MAP. IF ONLY BECAUSE YOU CAN GET MOST OF THE MP DLC WEAPONS THERE.

And by most, I mean the HG 40, the MX Garand, and possibly DUAL WIELD Marshal 16s. Don't think the crossbows or the Interdiction would get in because it just won't like the P-06, XR-2, and the Razorback.

BUT YEAH YOU PS4 FUCKERS.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Get them as in keep them or use them

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Finally remembered to send out some friend requests on PS4. Hopefully I can start getting some good games in soon.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lol if you think I'll play zombies just to use some unbalanced piece of poo poo guns

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lol if you think I'll play zombies just to use some unbalanced piece of poo poo guns
IMO the MX Garand is better than the Sheiva despite lacking reloads.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Any other PC people not able to find a match? Two days now. I changed to a bigger hard drive and opened allll the ports and nothing. Just TDM matches and ewww playing tdm.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
PC is a ghost town compared to the other platforms so you need to play TDM or Domination in order to be able to find a match.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Geight posted:

PC is a ghost town compared to the other platforms so you need to play TDM or Domination in order to be able to find a match.

Xbox was not finding many games lastnight even in TDM. Is this a server thing or is the population already thinning out?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Drav posted:

Xbox was not finding many games lastnight even in TDM. Is this a server thing or is the population already thinning out?

There was some server fuckery last night that I noticed, but it levelled out after about an hour or so.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Just got diamond assault rifles and launchers in the same game. Nice :)

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
The Mister Macys drinking game is the most dangerous game and I'm glad I don't drink and was responsible for telling others when to drink.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

KingShiro posted:

The Mister Macys drinking game is the most dangerous game and I'm glad I don't drink and was responsible for telling others when to drink.

Did someone make a bingo card yet.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yo I'm down to play tonight. I will grind kills on my robot man in preparation for grinding kills with my robot man's robot gun and other robot men.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Did someone make a bingo card yet.

I PM'd a first draft to Baron.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

RBX posted:

Get them as in keep them or use them

Use them ofc so you can say "Wait these are the guns we gotta gamble for? gently caress THAT".

Then again, I really do want the HG40 for historical reasons.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

KingShiro posted:

Checking in to report I did not die. I wish I did but haven't yet.

Drinking everytime Macys screams about bullshit is apparently excessive and I honestly can't remember the last time I hurt from drinking so much, which is saying something.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

That's why I said you should only drink when I shout obscenities at my opponents who will never be able to hear me... :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Mister Macys posted:

That's why I said you should only drink when I shout obscenities at my opponents who will never be able to hear me... :colbert:

Pretty sure that's what we were doing. We gave up on rage and waited for you to start with the obscenities. We even had judges help determine if it was valid or not.

• Locked thread