Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Here's a trailer(?) for upcoming patch (?) I guess (?)
It shows a bunch of areas that are already in the game, some dude rp walking with an upgrade to the ugly fractal pack I think and some kinda ugly bow and that's it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PDsORWyb50

A... patch trailer? :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Another question: I played this game back at release and went through the story super fast, only to find out the last quest(/dungeon?) where you actually kill Zhaitan was super incredibly boring and just involved sitting in a turret or something most of the time? I don't remember it very well but what I remember was incredibly disappointing and boring.

I guess my question is did they ever make that last quest/dungeon/whatever any less lovely

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
i see some new fractals but wheres my wub wub trailer you fuckers

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I found a second trailer that's a little longer than the teaser, it'll probably be set to private so watch it while you can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m9DAwaxdu4

Jia posted:

Another question: I played this game back at release and went through the story super fast, only to find out the last quest(/dungeon?) where you actually kill Zhaitan was super incredibly boring and just involved sitting in a turret or something most of the time? I don't remember it very well but what I remember was incredibly disappointing and boring.

I guess my question is did they ever make that last quest/dungeon/whatever any less lovely

Yeah you don't need to make anyone else do it anymore. The expansion bosse(s) are greatly improved, you get to fight a giant flying cock that eats islands.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Apr 14, 2016

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004

Visidan posted:

I found a second trailer that's a little longer than the teaser, it'll probably be set to private so watch it while you can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m9DAwaxdu4

Yeah you don't need to make anyone else do it anymore. The expansion bosse(s) are greatly improved, you get to fight a giant flying cock that eats islands.

With an itty bitty ballsack. Have they changed Dragon's Stand at all or is it still pointless to try to join the map if it isn't within 5 mins of reset.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch
I pretty much left because WvW got awful. Looking forward to coming back if it gets all fixed up.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Crimsonbeak posted:

With an itty bitty ballsack. Have they changed Dragon's Stand at all or is it still pointless to try to join the map if it isn't within 5 mins of reset.
Either the population has significantly increased or decreased, because I've randomly logged into active DS maps several times lately.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I hope wvw is saved so i can finally use my long sought-after super pistol

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

looks like the purple backpiece from PvE is in. they got massively chewed out for adding the PvP one without finishing the PvE one

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that patch trailer is so pointless they might as well have just not bothered, jesus

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

klockwerk posted:

I pretty much left because WvW got awful. Looking forward to coming back if it gets all fixed up.

Good, we missed you!

I had to watch that trailer 5 times but I noticed something in the background Nothing. gently caress Arus .

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

J3ng4 posted:

Nothing. gently caress Arus .

How Rude

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
There's no actual content coming; entire budget blown on the trailer itself and content team disbanded so they can put more wings into the game. Buy more gems, dudes.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Here's a trailer(?) for upcoming patch (?) I guess (?)
It shows a bunch of areas that are already in the game, some dude rp walking with an upgrade to the ugly fractal pack I think and some kinda ugly bow and that's it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PDsORWyb50

From this trailer I see:
* Fractal Updates
* Heart of Thorns changes
* The new Legendary Shortbow
* The Legendary Fractal Backpiece will finally be attainable AND it will be a glider skin too.
* More Fractal changes

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

John Lightning posted:

From this trailer I see:
* Fractal Updates
* More Fractal changes

I saw a fractal, where were these?

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Maybe they'll make cliffside actually playable without a having to spend half an hour or more there

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

Maybe they'll make cliffside actually playable without a having to spend half an hour or more there

This is an interesting thought experiment: How would we change Cliffside to make it more fractal-like? In other words, how would we change it to be short and doable by the general population and comparable to, say, whatever the ice-elemental fractal is called?

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

Blasphemeral posted:

whatever the ice-elemental fractal is called?

That one sucks running with pubs

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Generic Octopus posted:

I saw a fractal, where were these?

Well the cliffside boss fight looked different. Also they've been saying that there were going to be fractal changes in this patch. So I guess I didn't necessarily see anything different in the trailer other than the boss fight but I know there will be more fractal changes.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
Strong sense of no more swamp swamp swamp for champs. But then why would they rework the baby and mid tier cheevos?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
lol if they canned all other legendaries to make that loving ugly bow

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Lonk posted:

lol if they canned all other legendaries to make that loving ugly bow

They made the bow, realized they had to crap out even more legendaries, then gave up.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
The problem with Cliffside is 100% in the Arm Seals and can be readily fixed by making the Cultists not heal the seals over time

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I gotta admit that bow is kind of ugly. :(

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I've been asked to share a lore leak for an upcoming Guild Wars 2 storyline: Back during the Lion's Arch Invasion event Scarlet had impregnated Lord Faren, and she'll be returning shortly as her reincarnation, Faren's daughter. Hew new army will be mainly monsters and soldiers from the fractal dungeons.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mystic Mongol posted:

I've been asked to share a lore leak for an upcoming Guild Wars 2 storyline: Back during the Lion's Arch Invasion event Scarlet had impregnated Lord Faren, and she'll be returning shortly as her reincarnation, Faren's daughter. Hew new army will be mainly monsters and soldiers from the fractal dungeons.

I believe this.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
It's canonically established that Sylvari have no genitals. :science:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
She used science, what with being a brilliant scientist in addition to a brilliant general and a brilliant diplomat.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Checks out.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Scarlet did lions arch, never forget

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

DELETE THIS

:v:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Blasphemeral posted:

This is an interesting thought experiment: How would we change Cliffside to make it more fractal-like? In other words, how would we change it to be short and doable by the general population and comparable to, say, whatever the ice-elemental fractal is called?

Reduce the amount of platform traps players have to deal with on the ascent. Stop the arm seals from regenerating.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I liked the original deal where you'd get sent to a number of different fractal areas at random cause it fit the sort of "Quantum Leap" theme better, but yeah most of them are just too long since you often end up doing the same one over and over and whatever random elements they have aren't enough to make up for the length.

The Swamp one is probably the the best example of a one that does it right, because it has a bunch randomized stuff and can be finished relatively quickly, so it's not a surprise people choose that one over all the others.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Apr 15, 2016

Aurainsoph
Nov 5, 2009
I'd like more new content to play for casual people that can't always commit to a raid time.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Blasphemeral posted:

remove the dumb seal section where everyone just stacks in the centre between the fire circles

cultists no longer heal the arm seals but you still have to alternate

boom, done

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Spookyelectric posted:

It's canonically established that Sylvari have no genitals. :science:

Didn't they say before release that they did and that sylvari can do the sex, they just can't reproduce sexually?

This game is weird

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Harrow posted:

Didn't they say before release that they did and that sylvari can do the sex, they just can't reproduce sexually?

Yup.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Ranger sword isn't locked anymore.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Harrow posted:

This game is weird

In the linked interview the guy says that Sylvari can have sex (A "lore question that bothers players the most" very nice), but in that Living Story part where you're playing as Caithe in flashback rescuing Sylvari from an Asura lab, one of the conversations between Asura is that the Sylvari "don't appear to have genitals."

Or maybe I'm misremembering and they said "reproductive capabilities." I'm sure I could check the wiki but my Internet search history is already strange enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

It's probably for the best. If the two lesbian sylvari scissored, they might accidentally start a fire.

In other news, apparently they have finally unlocked rangers sword auto attack in the update. If true, that is fantastic.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 15, 2016

• Locked thread