Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

How are those Starlin Infinity sandboxes? Are they worth looking at if I'm not in love with Starlin already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The most recent one that just finished with Warlock, art by Davis was pretty neat but I dunno about this next one. Ron Lim just doesnt do anything for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

I thought the second artist just left because they contracted Horrible Death Disease or something.

Some people seem to think that he might have left because he was making more money selling original art of super heroes having sex than he was drawing someone else's comic.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Some people seem to think that he might have left because he was making more money selling original art of super heroes having sex than he was drawing someone else's comic.

That's possible, I sure see a lot of his awful comics about Superman loving Wonder Woman (but in a PG way and with jokes!) on social media.

Either way, there was no "controversy".

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I like Stjepan Šejic's art of super heroes having sex :kiddo:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SilverSupernova posted:

The Infinity Finale

As Thanos muses with the One Above All, the rest of us get to eagerly await the inevitable follow-up, What If: Thanos Didn't Touch His Nose

Somewhere in Queens, a thief runs past a quasi-celebrity in a home-made full body red & blue costume who does nothing to stop him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AnonSpore posted:

I like Stjepan Šejic's art of super heroes having sex :kiddo:

I'm not judging him. Dude is talented and draws pretty ladies and figured out how to get paid for that.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Plus, I guess Sunstone is selling like crazy, which is not something I would have expected for a story about a lesbian BDSM romance drawn by a dude for whom English is a second language.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wanderer posted:

Plus, I guess Sunstone is selling like crazy, which is not something I would have expected for a story about a lesbian BDSM romance drawn by a dude for whom English is a second language.

It's one of the fee TPBs I have to bag. Too much naughty stuff!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Somewhere in Queens, a thief runs past a quasi-celebrity in a home-made full body red & blue costume who does nothing to stop him.

But did Thanos touch his nose in this reality?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wierdworld!

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

SilverSupernova posted:

The Infinity Finale

As Thanos muses with the One Above All, the rest of us get to eagerly await the inevitable follow-up, What If: Thanos Didn't Touch His Nose

Wait, isn't One Above All Jack Kirby?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SilverSupernova posted:

But did Thanos touch his nose in this reality?

Nope, and an old man is dead because of it.

Thanos, of course, is delighted.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jerusalem posted:

Nope, and an old man is dead because of it.

Thanos, of course, is delighted.

He always was an rear end in a top hat.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Mozi posted:

we built this city

we built this city on sand and piss

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
E: Nvm, not funny. Get into gear already, brain

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cammy has seen some serious poo poo.

Surprise tasteful: Dhalsim's arm blocking Cammy's rear end crack preventing wholesale "Ladies in comics" pose.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Going back to Avengers talk, here's something from All-New All-Different Avengers #8. The ANAD Avengers and the Uncanny Avengers are in this town that's run by a little girl with reality-warping powers. Think of her as being like the cornfield kid from Twilight Zone, only she wants to create a peaceful town where heroes and villains believe themselves to be normal suburban people and don't fight. Things go really bad and the girl starts to lose control while the villains tear apart the heroes.

Miles Morales and Kamala Khan find her in the middle of the chaos.

I love that "Deadpool comforts and/or talks down superpowered children" is a recurring incident in his stories.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is this the Pleasant Hill thing?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Yup.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

The shot of the kid shows her with a lazy eye and it's bugging me more than it should

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Thaddius the Large posted:

The shot of the kid shows her with a lazy eye and it's bugging me more than it should
You ableist piece of crap.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
If only he had a pocket burger

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Gavok posted:

Going back to Avengers talk, here's something from All-New All-Different Avengers #8. The ANAD Avengers and the Uncanny Avengers are in this town that's run by a little girl with reality-warping powers. Think of her as being like the cornfield kid from Twilight Zone, only she wants to create a peaceful town where heroes and villains believe themselves to be normal suburban people and don't fight. Things go really bad and the girl starts to lose control while the villains tear apart the heroes.

Miles Morales and Kamala Khan find her in the middle of the chaos.

I love that "Deadpool comforts and/or talks down superpowered children" is a recurring incident in his stories.

Wow, Wade is looking kinda young these days out of costume.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Section Z posted:

Cammy has seen some serious poo poo.

EVERYTHING IS LIES! EVERYTHING IS LIES!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I figured it was because she just dislocated her hip.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, I realise that Miles and Kamala don't know him, but it's kinda goofy how they panic at Deadpool approaching the kid when he's obviously the member of both teams combined best-suited to doing so. Hell, there's like 15 people there and him and Quicksilver are the only ones who actually HAVE kids.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, I realise that Miles and Kamala don't know him, but it's kinda goofy how they panic at Deadpool approaching the kid when he's obviously the member of both teams combined best-suited to doing so. Hell, there's like 15 people there and him and Quicksilver are the only ones who actually HAVE kids.

You just said they don't know him, so why would it be goofy that they panic when the guy approaching the literal child is the member of the team that looks like Freddy Kreuger?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

fatherdog posted:

You just said they don't know him, so why would it be goofy that they panic when the guy approaching the literal child is the member of the team that looks like Freddy Kreuger?

Cap also has a history of telling kids not to hang with Deadpool.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

fatherdog posted:

I meant from an audience standpoint, because it felt like Waid expected the reader to be with Spider-Man and Ms Marvel, when if you know anything about Deadpool beyond 'lol chimichangas' it's blatantly clear he's the right man.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Those faces, especially DP and the girl on page 2, would make some good av material.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hello darkness, my old friend...

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
In universe, though, no one knows Deadpool has a kid, but he's now pretty famous as a volatile and fairly insane vigilante.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Plus Miles has teamed with him one time and it didn't exactly help his opinion.

Though there is an awesome moment in Uncanny Avengers where Stark makes a crack about Deadpool being an Avenger and Wade goes on a rant about how he's sick of defending himself and at the end of the day Steve loving Rogers asked him to join and part of him doing that is a gigantic middle finger to people like Stark who think they're gods who know better than everyone else.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Gavok posted:

Plus Miles has teamed with him one time and it didn't exactly help his opinion.

Though there is an awesome moment in Uncanny Avengers where Stark makes a crack about Deadpool being an Avenger and Wade goes on a rant about how he's sick of defending himself and at the end of the day Steve loving Rogers asked him to join and part of him doing that is a gigantic middle finger to people like Stark who think they're gods who know better than everyone else.

Wasn't Tony the one who originally asked Wade to join the team?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SilverSupernova posted:

Wasn't Tony the one who originally asked Wade to join the team?

There was a thing in Axis where he reluctantly referred to him as an Avenger under duress, but that wasn't really official.

Right now, Iron Man and Deadpool are on two separate teams that call themselves Avengers.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Ah yes, Dhalsim's classic "yoga choke a bitch" move. Also, who is that in front of Cammy with the "ugh, bitch please" face?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

boo_radley posted:

Ah yes, Dhalsim's classic "yoga choke a bitch" move. Also, who is that in front of Cammy with the "ugh, bitch please" face?

Scarlett from GI Joe.

The Joes definitely seem to be getting the worse end of this fight, don't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

If I wasn't at work right now, I'd post the whole Hakan vs. Roadblock fight in this thread.

The miniseries is wonderfully bizarre, mainly because it's a 32-man fighting tournament (focusing only on the top 16) and the writer decides to include his favorite Street Fighter characters instead of pushing the top names like you'd usually see in this kind of crossover. Instead of Ryu, Ken and Chun-Li going far, we get guys like Hakan and Rufus.

It also gives us surprise entrant Zartan Hibiki.