Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've just started unlocking + weapons in Legends. Are they going to show up in loot drops with extra stars and such, or is it "here's a perfect weapon you don't need to luck into" that only comes from that stage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Kid just rages for a while.
:frogsiren:

I just realized this was a thing. I thought I couldn't get the new characters from 3DS onto my Wii U since I bought the game digitally.

If you’ve purchased Hyrule Warriors Legends digitally, your Wii U download code will be on your digital receipt. Just go into your account activity on your 3DS while in the eShop, and you can find it there.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Interesting, they changed quite a few of the second Skulltulas in Legends mode.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

How's the 3DS version? Does it feel like a bad port or is it a fully fleshed pretty game that works well and is well worth the buck?

I like the action style of the game and the way it seems to be focused on unlocking new peoples and things and it feels kinda of arcadey. Is it better to play in small bursts or for long sessions at a time? The former is probably preferable to me.

Sorry if it's asked before, I didn't find the info in the OP and I haven't read much of the thread.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How's the 3DS version? Does it feel like a bad port or is it a fully fleshed pretty game that works well and is well worth the buck?

I like the action style of the game and the way it seems to be focused on unlocking new peoples and things and it feels kinda of arcadey. Is it better to play in small bursts or for long sessions at a time? The former is probably preferable to me.

It's been said before but the N3DS version shits all over the Wii-U version honestly.

Just make sure you have a New 3DS and not just a older one.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's been said before but the N3DS version shits all over the Wii-U version honestly.

Just make sure you have a New 3DS and not just a older one.

Hooray! It's my birthday next week and I know what I'm treating myself to in that case. Final question: Cartridge or digital download? I'll probably go the latter come to think of it.

Is the 3DS one a sequel or just like an upgraded port in some ways? I haven't had any games on my radar recently and I just saw this sitting in the store and got curious.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Is the 3DS one a sequel or just like an upgraded port in some ways? I haven't had any games on my radar recently and I just saw this sitting in the store and got curious.

Upgraded port + expansion essentially

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009

NT Plus posted:

I just realized this was a thing. I thought I couldn't get the new characters from 3DS onto my Wii U since I bought the game digitally.

If you’ve purchased Hyrule Warriors Legends digitally, your Wii U download code will be on your digital receipt. Just go into your account activity on your 3DS while in the eShop, and you can find it there.

Holy poo poo I'm a moron. Saw people posting codes for WiiU earlier and assumed they meant for dlc. I don't have the WiiU version so if anyone wants the code just shout.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Sorry if it's asked before, I didn't find the info in the OP and I haven't read much of the thread.

It pretty much is better in every way feature wise but I personally find this kind of game to be way too hectic on a small low res screen. I seem to be the minority on this one but something to keep in mind.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Seabhac posted:

Holy poo poo I'm a moron. Saw people posting codes for WiiU earlier and assumed they meant for dlc. I don't have the WiiU version so if anyone wants the code just shout.

Are you based in America? Pretty sure the codes are region-locked. If you're in Europe, me please. :v:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Sudden Javelin posted:

Are you based in America? Pretty sure the codes are region-locked. If you're in Europe, me please. :v:

What's this about codes? I haven't a Wii U so yeah if my eventual Euro version of the game is good for anyone just let me know.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
3DS game comes with a code to let you use the 3DS exclusive characters on the Wii U. Unfortunately Nintendo is Nintendo so they're region specific.

If you're getting the 3DS version and the other guy's code is NA then I call dibs!

e: vvvvvv woop woop! My email is my username as one word at Gmail dot com.

Dr. Cool Aids fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 14, 2016

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009

Sudden Javelin posted:

You're in luck! I don't have pms though so if you have an email address or something I can send it to? Or if you're OK with taking your chances I'll just post it in thread

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Edited my last post but I figure that won't bring you back to the thread so posting again.

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009

Sudden Javelin posted:

Edited my last post but I figure that won't bring you back to the thread so posting again.

I saw it - just took a while navigating Nintendos arcane menu system. Code sent - let me know if you didn't get it. Linkle is awesome and everyone should play as Linkle forever. :c00lbert:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
e: i'm lying. it's in the spam folder! Haha. Thanks a ton. Gonna tear poo poo up with Skull Kid.

Dr. Cool Aids fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 14, 2016

cool_boy_mew
Apr 27, 2008

King Dedede Drooling While Eating
drat, lucky

I got in way too late to enter the code bandwagon, still looking for an NA one

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

cool_boy_mew posted:

drat, lucky

I got in way too late to enter the code bandwagon, still looking for an NA one

Same! A kind poster offered me theirs but I think we were region-crossed, so no go. NA here, too.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Dunban posted:

Interesting, they changed quite a few of the second Skulltulas in Legends mode.

Yeah, it's pretty neat. They changed the requirements for some of the second Skulltulas in Adventure Mode too: No longer do you just have to get 1200 KOs. You may need to capture 5 or more Enemy Keeps or KO a set amount with Special Attacks now.

(Of note, if a Second Gold Skulltula says that you have to capture 5 or more enemy keeps on the Great Sea Map, then the Skulltulas for those missions are for the new illustration Scattered Seeds. If it says you need to defeat 150 enemies using your Special Attack, then the Skulltulas for those missions go towards the old illustration Unity.)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Can someone find a version of linkles "da da da daaaaa" from her combo

I need a new ringtone

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Speaking of the second Skulltulas..the one in Linkle's first mission is really loving difficult to get. You have to make sure all three cucco chicks survive, which is incredibly tough since they die in about 30 seconds. I only got it on my third attempt; you really have to stick with the cucco chicks all the time and never leave them alone until they reach their destinations.

Veriun
Mar 9, 2013

As long as we're alive,
good things will come.

And we'll be okay.
After playing the demo I was really turned off Legends for some reason, so naturally I bought it :v: Having lots of fun so far, though I'm stuck at the Adventure Map at the moment because I suck at playing Agitha and Zant (I just want to unlock Young Link, dammit). Both are fun to play as but I can't seem to dish out enough damage - might be because they're underlevelled, they're around 30 or so with their 96 point weapons.

Don't have a Wii U, so if somebody wants an European code here you go: B0JVTWWH158M7LNL

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Comprehensive how-to-play Zant guide (put in the OP)

Step 1: use the totem pole attack and mash strong attack until your meter is full
Step 2: press strong attack to use meter. If you're fighting an officer, use the beams. If you're fighting mooks, spin2win.
Step 3: repeat steps 1-2

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Comprehensive how-to-play Zant guide (put in the OP)

Step 1: use the totem pole attack and mash strong attack until your meter is full
Step 2: press strong attack to use meter. If you're fighting an officer, use the beams. If you're fighting mooks, spin2win.
Step 3: repeat steps 1-2

Vs. Mooks: C4/C6 until full meter -> C1 Spin to win
Vs. Single Officers: If meter is not full: First part of C2 -> C5 until full meter (dodge cancel if enemy is too close for comfort) -> C1 Projectiles
Vs. Character Enemies (can also be used on single officers): C3 until full meter -> C1 Projectiles
Vs. Multiple Officers: C3 until full meter -> C1 Spin to win -> Special
Vs. Giant Bosses (have a full meter): Stand a fair distance away from the boss and spam C1 projectiles so you hit with the sweet-spot on the C1 projectiles until gauge is empty; Boss meter should be empty or close to empty so get close and activate WPS or use string to activate WPS as needed

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I've just started unlocking + weapons in Legends. Are they going to show up in loot drops with extra stars and such, or is it "here's a perfect weapon you don't need to luck into" that only comes from that stage?

To answer my own question, I just did the chain chomp + level a second time for some items I'd missed (HP totals were a bit high for a full clear with the A-rank speed I needed using just a 280 weapon) and, well...

I'm gonna be hitting a lot of things in the face with rocks. I also got another (not as good) Power Gloves + in the rest of the weapons, so it's just like any other rank of weapon. Can get stars, can drop as random loot.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Bruceski posted:

To answer my own question, I just did the chain chomp + level a second time for some items I'd missed (HP totals were a bit high for a full clear with the A-rank speed I needed using just a 280 weapon) and, well...

I'm gonna be hitting a lot of things in the face with rocks. I also got another (not as good) Power Gloves + in the rest of the weapons, so it's just like any other rank of weapon. Can get stars, can drop as random loot.

This is good news. You also lucked out immensely: The Gauntlets is one of Link's better weapons, second only to the Master Sword.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

This is good news. You also lucked out immensely: The Gauntlets is one of Link's better weapons, second only to the Master Sword.

It was the Lv4 Gauntlets stage and I A-ranked it. Getting that type of weapon was a given and the luck's just in 5 stars and 8 slots instead of 7 (and in decent starting skills, but since I can delete/transfer those it's no biggie).

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Folt The Bolt posted:

I'm curious what the Gauntlets have over Epona besides not being awkwardly always-moving.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Bruceski posted:

It was the Lv4 Gauntlets stage and I A-ranked it. Getting that type of weapon was a given and the luck's just in 5 stars and 8 slots instead of 7 (and in decent starting skills, but since I can delete/transfer those it's no biggie).

It's actually impossible to get a 5-star 8-slot weapon from A-Rank chests. It must drop from enemies. Look at your picture again: Note how your perfect Power Gloves + is the first weapon in line. That's because it dropped from an enemy while you were fighting.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm curious what the Gauntlets have over Epona besides not being awkwardly always-moving.

First two hits of C3 applies a slow effect on enemies which can get you out of a lot of jams, basically. C3-2 to C4 is also good mook killers, with C4 being for the larger groups. It has a combo on officers through C2-1 -> C3-2 (start up string after enemy hits the ground) -> dodge cancel -> C5. Optionally, have another C3-2 after dodge-cancelling. On Moblins, you can combo through C2-1 -> C3-2 -> dodge cancel -> C3-3. On character enemies, the entire C3 is a combo (deliberately whiff R1, and get as close to the enemy as possible unless there's mooks nearby). C3-2 -> C5 also works, but must be properly spaced so that C5 hits. Otherwise, lead in C5 -> C3-2 works as an aggressive option. For multiple officer situations, C3-2 spam -> dodge cancelling gets you out of most situations, or you could try a C5 if they're approaching you from the front.

Also, this rarely, if ever, comes up, but if you're on a stage with a bombable boulder, picking it up with C1 and using regular attack button gives you access to one of the highest damaging moves in the game.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

unlocking stuff on the master quest map is really annoying. i don't like having to redo missions just for item cards

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

It's actually impossible to get a 5-star 8-slot weapon from A-Rank chests. It must drop from enemies. Look at your picture again: Note how your perfect Power Gloves + is the first weapon in line. That's because it dropped from an enemy while you were fighting.

Are you sure? Every time I get an A-rank weapon from a chest it's the first one shown, and the other Power Glove + I got was third in line three stars and 8 slots. This wasn't my first time getting it if that matters, I did the map once to unlock the weapon, then a second time to get the heart piece and such (and the extra damage from the new weapon let me A-rank it again, speed had been my issue before).

E: just ran it again, A-ranked and the only gauntlet weapon was a Gauntlet +, 3-star 7-slot that showed up 3/4 in the list. Donno why it shows up third, but I guess that WAS the guaranteed one I got.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 16, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

mabels big day posted:

unlocking stuff on the master quest map is really annoying. i don't like having to redo missions just for item cards

Yeah. Even skipping heart container unlocks, I found myself needing a lot more digging mitts than they had around. The Twilight map has the same issue, compounded by items (whether by glitch or by design) not showing up for a while. So you'll go through a level, find one 3 spots down the line that needs a lantern, and NOW the old one you beat has a lantern reward. On the plus side for Twilight, once you unlock "divisive plan" stages with the item you need you have an easy fast map with lots of material rewards.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I have a Euro code for a Wii U user that wants the characters. Just PM and I'll send it right along (maybe tomorrow cause it's kinda late)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

edit: nevermind figured it out

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Interesting. Skull Kid has been integrated into some of the Termina Map missions. Gotta see if he's in that mission as well, once I get to it.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.
I feel like a loving idiot asking, but I can't figure out how to get the paid DLC from the WII U game onto my 3DS.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

MustelaFuro posted:

I feel like a loving idiot asking, but I can't figure out how to get the paid DLC from the WII U game onto my 3DS.

It's all baked in. All the Season Pass stuff from the Wii U version was turned into Adventure Mode unlockables in the 3DS version.

MustelaFuro
May 6, 2007

Evolution: Reproduction of the fit enough.

jivjov posted:

It's all baked in. All the Season Pass stuff from the Wii U version was turned into Adventure Mode unlockables in the 3DS version.

That's both cool and disappointing. I wish I could transfer in some of the sweet weapons I had smithied up.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Is there a list of the legend mode skulltulas in Legends somewhere? They're even more hilariously vague with the stupid censorship this time. " Defeat all ??? and ??? in ten minutes!" Thanks, Sealed Ground. Do you mean all the moblins and stalmasters? Is the loving Imprisoned in there somewhere?

EDIT: Never mind, found a list. Ugggh, they expect you to beat all the turncoat captains that spawn and then take out the Imprisoned in ten minutes. ahahahhaha fuuuuck off, Legend Mode.

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

legoman727 posted:

Is there a list of the legend mode skulltulas in Legends somewhere? They're even more hilariously vague with the stupid censorship this time. " Defeat all ??? and ??? in ten minutes!" Thanks, Sealed Ground. Do you mean all the moblins and stalmasters? Is the loving Imprisoned in there somewhere?

EDIT: Never mind, found a list. Ugggh, they expect you to beat all the turncoat captains that spawn and then take out the Imprisoned in ten minutes. ahahahhaha fuuuuck off, Legend Mode.

With the Fire Rod no less.

Just let the Imprisoned get to the Groosenators.

The one you're really gonna love is the Water Temple one.

• Locked thread