Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Here's a hot tip: make sure you go through an area embered before you kill the boss because there are throwback npc invaders that will spawn their armor in the environment only if wind up killing them before the boss is cleared out. Don't miss out on swag DS1 and 2 gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Here's a hot tip: make sure you go through an area embered before you kill the boss because there are throwback npc invaders that will spawn their armor in the environment only if wind up killing them before the boss is cleared out. Don't miss out on swag DS1 and 2 gear

Ive been very paranoid about this. Are there any in the High Wall/?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Ive been very paranoid about this. Are there any in the High Wall/?

Um I don't think so. I think the first one is after undead settlement if you don't count Holy Warrior Hodrick in undead settlement

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
edit: whoops major spoilers in taht

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

The (early returning DS1 enemy spoiler) darkwraiths are so insanely aggressive, I love it

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Gold club, baby

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Average Bear posted:

Gold club, baby

Im jealous.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my best comment only has like 40 likes :(

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Um I don't think so. I think the first one is after undead settlement if you don't count Holy Warrior Hodrick in undead settlement

Good.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Boomstick Quaid posted:

yeah, its a good way to get people to be cindered up.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

magic slashing attack except it's a miracle, it's a scythe and it has high life steal omg

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Spoilers ahead: I wish the roll in Kirk's armor did as much poise damage as in DS1. It just doesn't seem to have any knock back anymore

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

magic slashing attack except it's a miracle, it's a scythe and it has high life steal omg

I'm very stupid and doing a hex knight build so I'm looking forward to this sucker right here

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

My next character is gonna look like Bradford Cox in the Monomania era

hes already in the game, he has a crucifix strapped to his back

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

my best comment only has like 40 likes :(

i got over a hundred on one launch day bloodborne but i dont think any of mine have been doing very well so far

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i tought id get better hits with Try Rear in front of andre

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

i got over a hundred on one launch day bloodborne but i dont think any of mine have been doing very well so far

yeah ive only got two ratings on one message and i had a bunch of 50+ ones in bloodborne

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
The undead settlements level design is getting me all horned up.. And I just found a whole new area without even beginning to feel like I found everything in the settlement

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i had a bunch of decent ones in dark souls 2 too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

yeah ive only got two ratings on one message and i had a bunch of 50+ ones in bloodborne

my big earner was No Mercy for Wheelchairs

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I made the frost dog fall into the elevator shaft in the church basement and I don't feel bad about it at all. is the sword he drops upgraded by twinkling titanite or regular shards.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i saw a message w/ over 400 likes and it had a silver shining crest on it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

The undead settlements level design is getting me all horned up.. And I just found a whole new area without even beginning to feel like I found everything in the settlement

I want every man woman and child in the world to play through Undead Settlment. Its drat brilliant

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
I can't figure out where I'm supposed to go in the cathedral I guess I'm going back to farron keep

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the upgrade mat/soul distribution and placement in this game is rly good, it always feels like youre getting just enough and the game is carefully balanced around ur expected weapon+char level, it feels good when youre deep in a hidden area and you find a bundle of ores.

but at the same time, it's crazy generous in the endgame levels, because the devs realize you want to start playing around w/ everything youve picked up and diving into pvp+postgame

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

how many characters can you have in a game? or do you think its probably better to just play through the game as is keeping one of every item for post game/respecs?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

I want every man woman and child in the world to play through Undead Settlment. Its drat brilliant

it's amazing. if the rest of the game follows suit i really don't know what im going to do with myself.. probably i'll hoot and holler like a drat buffoon

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

rediscover posted:

I made the frost dog fall into the elevator shaft in the church basement and I don't feel bad about it at all. is the sword he drops upgraded by twinkling titanite or regular shards.

twinkling

i really like the sword but i havennt found any of those yet

going to sunbro the tree boss today until i get enough souls for the key in firelink. does that key open up the door by the samurai too or just the one?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
"Praise the joy!"in front of a big ladder with my guy dressed as big boss doing :ocelot: didn't get any votes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

woulda gotten more hits with "Visions of boss..."

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
There's no boss anymore so I had to make do

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm finding hella bonfires now

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

beepstreet posted:

The (early returning DS1 enemy spoiler) darkwraiths are so insanely aggressive, I love it

My entire playstyle depends staggering dudes with my halberd but these dudes just aren't having it lol they got great drops tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just now found my first ember, in farron. Did I miss one earlier? Feel like I should have come across something before now

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

In Training posted:

I'm finding hella bonfires now

I feel like a huge bad rear end when I light a bonfire and then don't rest at it. I'm not through yet!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

If you mean the ember item that turns you human or whatever it's called in this game you should have at least one million of them by then.

edit @in training

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

In Training posted:

I just now found my first ember, in farron. Did I miss one earlier? Feel like I should have come across something before now

That's the first one but you'll start finding some more from now on

Oh wait which coal is it is it the heavy/sharp one?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched a Bloodborne video today and it turns out I've made my character into the closest approximation with dual swords, almost no armor, and the heal ring. Once you master the move set you can get health off of any enemy that had enough health to survive more than 1 or 2 swings. FTW

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
By the way what the gently caress is a critical attack. The FP ring never gave me jack poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

If you mean the ember item that turns you human or whatever it's called in this game you should have at least one million of them by then.

edit @in training

I meant coal, oops. I have a lot of ember from invasions

• Locked thread