Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Ballz posted:

It's happened to me every time I watch it. Even when I know it's coming, I just completely lose it in those final two minutes.

YAY YAY

I keep coming back to it because it has some of my favorite Riffs. The guys are just on loving fire through the whole thing.

"SOMETIMES I SLEEP IN THE DRYER"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

MST3K reunion tix are pretty pricey, sheesh.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

quote:

Currently, Canada will only be getting the REUNION SHOW Encore on July 12th at Cineplex Cinemas Yonge-Dundas (Toronto) and Cineplex Cinemas Parklane (Halifax). Canada will not be getting TIME CHASERS, unfortunately. We're still working with Cineplex to see if we can make more theaters available.

Well, Canada gets one of the shows if you live within distance of the two whole theatres showing it.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Haha, I forgot that Lowtax was part of the live Plan 9 show.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Castleton snobs are everywhere, like last night's The Daily Show:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I figure there might be enough overlap to share this here

So the Achievement Hunter branch of Rooster Teeth, led by the ever orange Geoff Ramsey, will be doing their own MST3K inspired series starting the 29th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udo2IQXsGV8

They plan to go without scripts and do it very free style, as befitting their comedy style, so we'll see how it turns out! I think it should be a worthy addition to the riffing family, and I can't wait to see what all they rip on.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Burkion posted:

So the Achievement Hunter branch of Rooster Teeth, led by the ever orange Geoff Ramsey, will be doing their own MST3K inspired series starting the 29th!

They plan to go without scripts and do it very free style, as befitting their comedy style, so we'll see how it turns out! I think it should be a worthy addition to the riffing family, and I can't wait to see what all they rip on.

That video was so annoying that I couldn't even make it to the end.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd give it a go if there was a way to preview one of the movies, but...this looks very painful.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The KTMA episodes were very loose and not as scripted compared to MST3K proper, so yeah. That looks terrible.

There's a reason they'd watch a movie over and over again to tighten up the jokes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Improv riffing is such a bad idea. There's a reason why Joel and co decided to move away from it in the first place.

Anyway, if you backed the MST3K Kickstarter there's a link in the email that gives you some free Rifftrax stuff, specifically the Rifftrax version of Manos, the Measuring Man short and the live version of Plan 9.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Bridget and Mary Jo do their first full-length riff, Cat Women of the Moon under the Rifftrax Presents label.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll have to wait until next month to get that one. And maybe the latest 'god the 50's were soul crushing' style short.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

Improv riffing is such a bad idea. There's a reason why Joel and co decided to move away from it in the first place.

Anyway, if you backed the MST3K Kickstarter there's a link in the email that gives you some free Rifftrax stuff, specifically the Rifftrax version of Manos, the Measuring Man short and the live version of Plan 9.

A link in which email? I missed these somewhere

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you backed the Bring Back MST3K kickstarter the latest backer update (where Joel talks about the new bot they're building) has a link in it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Burkion posted:

Okay they know there's a reason the MST guys switched to scripted lines as soon as they left KTMA right?

Better improv groups than these guys have tried and failed at this.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
I finally got around to watched Cyber Tracker. Both the movie and the riffing are pretty amazing. Top notch all around.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
This Time Chasers release promo video is pretty awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I8QX6HOhU0

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
and their documentary of the film (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DThX_JGtxXc) is even better. The even went so far as making a "simulation only" MST3K sequence with fake robots lol

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker

2DCAT posted:

This Time Chasers release promo video is pretty awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I8QX6HOhU0

Real life JK looks like he's about to go shark fishing.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

tvgm2 posted:

Real life JK looks like he's about to go shark fishing.

"I'm not talkin' about riffin', I'm talkin' about sharkin'!"

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
The son of the richest family in town didn't want to go to college so is given a production company by his parents.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

GreenNight posted:

MST3K reunion tix are pretty pricey, sheesh.

You mean the live event or the Fathom broadcast (which have always been 15)? Are the live tickets already on sale?

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

CrimsonAuthor posted:

You mean the live event or the Fathom broadcast (which have always been 15)? Are the live tickets already on sale?

Live tickets go on sale Friday at 11 and start at $33.50. This is from the State Theatre and not Rifftrax; I am hoping for the pre sale. I am totally going to this.

http://www.hennepintheatretrust.org/events/rifftrax-live-mst3k-reunion-show-state-theatre-tickets-minneapolis-2016

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Two versions of Reefer Madness are on sale for 4/20.

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax-live-reefer-madness
http://www.rifftrax.com/reefer-madness-three-riffer-edition

Any good reasons to pick one over the other? Or any reason to get both?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Breadallelogram posted:

Two versions of Reefer Madness are on sale for 4/20.

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax-live-reefer-madness
http://www.rifftrax.com/reefer-madness-three-riffer-edition

Any good reasons to pick one over the other? Or any reason to get both?

The live version comes with the world premiere of the "At Your Fingertips: Grasses" short, featuring an epic delivery of "WHAT AM I" from Kevin.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
nvm

RoyKeen fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Apr 21, 2016

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Presale for the reunion just started, and tickets seem to be going fast.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

unl33t posted:

Presale for the reunion just started, and tickets seem to be going fast.
That's just for the in-theater tickets, right?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Evil Mastermind posted:

No - here in Austin, one theater has already sold out!

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

Sorry, I should have specified-I was referring to the tickets for the State Theater.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Drugs Are Like That features Bill as a baby jonesing for his nook, which is one of my favorite meltdowns.

Drugs are like a baby, because... Um. The 70s.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Since taking that survey about the best Rifftrax, I've been wondering what everyone's favourite Harry Potter Rifftrax are?

I had trouble choosing between Chamber of Secrets and Order of the Phoenix. I think OotP is better overall, but the ending to Chamber (with the children manically clapping themselves to death) is one of my favourite riffs.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Haven't really got to watch them very much, but I did like Chamber. I probably going to listen to the mp3 ones more once the app is finally working, which I guess is suppose to be next week.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

2DCAT posted:

I finally got around to watched Cyber Tracker. Both the movie and the riffing are pretty amazing. Top notch all around.

Yeah, I recommend it too. It's worth it for the stew joke, the running gag about showering and basically the final five minutes. This isn't Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare levels of WTF, but the riffers' incredulous reactions in the final couple scenes are so good.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Where's the survey at?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
When will Rifftrax attempt one of the Neil Breen movies? Are they that brave?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Big Mean Jerk posted:

When will Rifftrax attempt one of the Neil Breen movies? Are they that brave?

I don't think Neil would ever give up the rights. The dude is super, super serious about his bad movies.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

Where's the survey at?

It was a couple of weeks ago, not sure if it's still open?

Edit: It looks like it is closed now.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I wonder if they'll riff the Fantastic Beasts movies.

I hope they do... they might not be able to resist the chance to make more Eat Slugs jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Samurai Cop riff is fantastic.

"...how do they get the dog in the corn, there's no hole!"

• Locked thread