Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Tamayachi posted:

I got summoned as a sunbro for Treenuts at level 43 with a +4 Dark Sword. Some people are REALLY taking their time with this game.

He is an optional boss. It is possible they somehow missed the whole area and went ahead to farron keep instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rahtas
Oct 22, 2010

RABBIT TROOP FOREVER!
Is there a way to get the fast dodge from the dagger weapon art while using a rapier / estoc in my main hand?
I would like to avoid spoilers (I just beat the boss on the wall in the first area), but I'm only asking because I feel like I don't understand the system. I though my R2 would be the art of what I had in my left hand, but I bought a dagger and put it in my left hand. When I R2 I do an overhand downward stab with the dagger. Also, if I swap my dagger to main hand and estoc in left hand, my R2 looks like it becomes light estoc attack instead of the shield pierce thing.
So I guess, I'm confused. What determines what my weapon art will be? And is there any way to get a fencing sword in one hand and be able to dodge around?

Posting from phone, sorry for the bad grammar.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Lightning spears work weird now. Is it just me or does the damage fall off seriously fast with range? It's like for ideal results you should pretty much be stabbing those lightning bolts into your enemies.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I'm thinking that stacking (if possible) the one pyromancy with pontiff's right and left eyes and using twinblades would be an absolutely sick combo.

Especially since you can now buff the twinblades too :getin:

Tamayachi posted:

I got summoned as a sunbro for Treenuts at level 43 with a +4 Dark Sword. Some people are REALLY taking their time with this game.

Lots of people deliberately put off killing Treenuts until the end of the game because it triggers things.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What on earth is it with Crystal Sage constantly bugging out? It's just happened twice in a row. The first time two of the illusions were invulnerable, the second time the boss just vanished and didn't bother returning.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Harrow posted:

How's the Farron Greatsword for general PvE use? Worth hunting down some Titanite Scales to upgrade or should I hang onto my trusty Longsword?

I found it super good on my dex build, especially against abyssal enemies + it is very fun, shelve it against anything you cant really stagger with it though. (super fun regardless)

Unrelated: Soul of Cinder Is kicking my rear end, the 180 degree tracking on alot of moves is throwing me off

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 15, 2016

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Asehujiko posted:

I just beat High Lord Wolnir

e: gently caress i'm too tired, I can't remember which giant is which lmfao

Minera fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 15, 2016

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Stormgale posted:

I found it super good on my dex build, especially against abyssal enemies + it is very fun, shelve it against anything you cant really stagger with it though. (super fun regardless)

Yeah, it's not great for staggering. The Wolf Knight's Greatsword is the better option between the two on that boss soul for that plus its Focus skill lets you hard knockdown enemies with its vertical leap attack.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
The NPC summon for Vordt (King Albert or something?) had a really cool hammer. Can I pick that up anywhere?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Oh poo poo, now when you die as an invader you drop your souls where you died in THEIR world, not where you used the orb in your world (like in ds2). That's neat.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Yeah, it's not great for staggering. The Wolf Knight's Greatsword is the better option between the two on that boss soul for that plus its Focus skill lets you hard knockdown enemies with its vertical leap attack.

I found its moveset is really fun and good for groups of enemies, against bosses it was basically worse than hanzo steel though

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Only seven hours in and I have to admit, From Software has really delivered with the bosses. Easily the best in the series from what I've seen so far. Humongous improvement from Dark Souls II.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Is there some kind of connection between the Crystal Sage and Pinwheel because mechanically they're nearly identical.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i'm glad dancer can literally one shot me at level 60 with a grab

that's fun and engaging

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tamayachi posted:

Is there some kind of connection between the Crystal Sage and Pinwheel because mechanically they're nearly identical.

They're both laughably easy bosses.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Internet Kraken posted:

I did. The only pyromancy I got there was the new forbidden sun which is garbage. Tons of mana, two slots, doesn't do much more damage than fire orb.

I could of easily missed something because that area is confusing as gently caress.

:wow:

You missed Sacred Flame and two tomes. As for Forbidden Sun, don't underestimate it. Yes it's expensive but I find that sometimes the limiting factor is TIME on a boss and cramming in more damage right this instant is worth the Focus.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Alkydere posted:

I'm still a long ways off from getting 100% magic all the time, but a Sorcery-heavy build doesn't need to wait THAT long to start becoming strong.

All of the enchantments and such are good and fine (kind of), but the actual magic spells that aren't Crystal-<x> are abjectly terrible, Pyromancy is ahead of respective equivalents every step of the way until then and are significantly more FP-efficient as well.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh no...

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Nuebot posted:

They're both laughably easy bosses.

Crystal Sage actually puts up a fight until you realize that you don't have to attack the blue magic clones.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Hahaha "Welcome to Irithyll".

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm not convinced Orbeck exists. I've searched these whole loving ruins and the game decided to use a gold pine resin and not the estus flask and I learned my shield doesn't block daggers for some reason and there's no one here. Also the Blue Sentinel summon still isn't going. :argh:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm not convinced Orbeck exists. I've searched these whole loving ruins and the game decided to use a gold pine resin and not the estus flask and I learned my shield doesn't block daggers for some reason and there's no one here. Also the Blue Sentinel summon still isn't going. :argh:

Did you go over to the far left, the little bonfire area with the two jesus hollows? You go up the steps and there's a semi-hidden path in that building that leads up and behind it sort of.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Oh man, thought for sure the final stage of the boss just past the swamp killed me with literally 1 HP left but it turns out we killed each other. I embered up all pumped for a second try now that I knew his moves but no summon signs appeared and there was no fog wall. Welp!

Also sorcery doesn't suck as bad as some people itt keep saying, early on just get a scimitar or a rapier and give it a raw infusion and you can kill most trash with ease and save your FP for the big guys. Then when you've lvld up a bit and gotten some estus shards you can snipe your way through most areas with ease.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
Does hollowing affect your multiplayer ability? I've heard both yes and no.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nuebot posted:

Did you go over to the far left, the little bonfire area with the two jesus hollows? You go up the steps and there's a semi-hidden path in that building that leads up and behind it sort of.

Oh ffs, the issue was I kept clipping through the stairs and sliding off. Thanks.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Only seven hours in and I have to admit, From Software has really delivered with the bosses. Easily the best in the series from what I've seen so far. Humongous improvement from Dark Souls II.

Yeah Wolnir had me making GBS threads myself near the end when I was out of estus.

In a related note the Carthus curved sword is basically the best thing ever, it has the insane DS1 Falchion moveset (in particular the 2h R1 and running attacks), is incredibly long, has good base damage, equal / better scaling than the basic straight swords, and innate bleed. It was worth farming the gently caress out of skeletons for it and it also got me like 50 titanite shards so I won't need to buy any of those for a while!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Fuuuck the greatwood has way too much hp

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
If I went pure strength, two handed, what is the greatsword to go for?

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Nuggan posted:

Does hollowing affect your multiplayer ability? I've heard both yes and no.

I've been at 99 hollowed with 5 sigils for some time and haven't yet noticed any ill effects. I haven't killed any Cinderbros yet though so there might be plot-triggered problems that kick in later.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Anyone tried out Arstor's Spear? How does it fare?

I'm short on both Dex and Str for it atm, the Dex I'll get eventually for casting speed but I'm not planning to go any deeper into Str than I need so I'm wondering if it's worth the investment.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Searching around, I'm getting conflicting information about rolling-- some sources say there's two thresholds that affect roll type (30% and 70% load), others say that only the 70% threshold matters. Can anyone confirm what the deal is?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I can't seem to get summoned at all today. Password's off and everything. :smith:

e: Finally got summoned, can't enter fog wall. :thumbsup:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

Searching around, I'm getting conflicting information about rolling-- some sources say there's two thresholds that affect roll type (30% and 70% load), others say that only the 70% threshold matters. Can anyone confirm what the deal is?

< 30% roll is better but it's not a big difference, I don't think it has more iframes, it's just longer / faster.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

I can't seem to get summoned at all today. Password's off and everything. :smith:

e: Finally got summoned, can't enter fog wall. :thumbsup:

Summoning is +/- 10 levels and +/- two upgrade levels so you might have just outlevelled the area with your weapons.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

Party Plane Jones posted:

Summoning is +/- 10 levels and +/- two upgrade levels so you might have just outlevelled the area with your weapons.

With the weapons part, is that just what you have equipped or what?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Good god how are you supposed to fight that thing on the bridge at the beginning of Ithryll of the Boreal Valley?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

GreatGreen posted:

Good god how are you supposed to fight that thing on the bridge at the beginning of Ithryll of the Boreal Valley?

It's main attacks are the bites around it's body, it usually pairs them so attack after the second. Trying to maintain range will just get you killed.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Party Plane Jones posted:

Level 30, Road of sacrifices, +2 Claymore. Furthest I've gotten, so I sure hope not. :ohdear:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

With the weapons part, is that just what you have equipped or what?

Pretty sure it's the highest weapon you have in your inventory so you can't just cheese and swap after a summon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Tonight is the first time I actually sat down and played this game a whole bunch and now it's nearly 1am and I just want to keep going but I have poo poo to do tomorrow :(