Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Skyl3lazer posted:

What's the trick to getting a higher Net Worth? I have like 5 leather keys from fulfilling these requests, and I want to start selling them for dosh

I wouldn't, but to each their own. Net worth is increased through selling items to your heroes or on the trade house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Skyl3lazer posted:

What's the trick to getting a higher Net Worth? I have like 5 leather keys from fulfilling these requests, and I want to start selling them for dosh

the trick is basically invest in the city and unlock your shop.

Scoss posted:

Any tips for doing any of this better, or if I should be doing something else entirely, are appreciated.

go back maybe a page and find my low effort post with a spreadsheet link on what to buy. Always try to buy the under-cost (usually Good quality) chest reward patterned items that sell to your customers for a poo poo ton more XP than the stuff you can craft on your own. It's like absurd how much more. If a thing you can craft sells for 300, the chest thing sells for 1500-1800. So you're getting a shitload more store XP by laundering your key money through trade. It helps to have racks, but it's not super necessary.

The only thing I didn't mention is that for the stuff you DO have racks, go ahead and over-pay on the trade house for things to fill requests that give you more hearts so you can force people to buy your high xp stuff more often.

Makes things so much easier it ain't even funny. Of course if you open chests and get a recipie that's cool too but this seems like it wastes less money.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Send help

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I say do it, if they charge you -8 gems, that's a win!

You'll probably just get a sync error and have to reconnect though.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Happens all the time, just reload the game

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

I had one where a group of 6 finished a quest and got the 2x experience reward. For some reason, this caused Mojian to keep leveling up basically forever, he got to 98 before I decided to hit continue. Sadly, it didn't stick, which I guess is good because I don't want to worry about equipping a level 98 hero.

Peons
Nov 26, 2010
I'm looking to get back into this a bit, updated the spreadsheet, peons#18898 lvl 29.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Peons posted:

I'm looking to get back into this a bit, updated the spreadsheet, peons#18898 lvl 29.

I'll make space for ya. You should see an invite from Xtanstic momentarily.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
So if we're doing the nordic lute thing, am i buying the quest reagants off of trade or questing for them on my own?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I am Rank 17 have about 350 gems now and not sure what I should buy first, It sounds like either an automatic crafting slot or an auto resting quest slot are top priorities.

I also opened up a bag and got a Rank 11 Epic pistol and am not sure what to sell it for, it's my first epic item. I can max out the gold price at around 300,000 , should I do that or try to get gems? Past attempts at selling blue items for gems have been a lesson in wasting my precious trade slots. I also have 5 wooden keys or whatever the lowest tier is, what should I try to sell these for?

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Cbear posted:

So if we're doing the nordic lute thing, am i buying the quest reagants off of trade or questing for them on my own?

Can you quest them yet? Just buy them from the trade house if you can't; you should make enough money to cover the cost of buying them.

Scoss posted:

I am Rank 17 have about 350 gems now and not sure what I should buy first, It sounds like either an automatic crafting slot or an auto resting quest slot are top priorities.

I also opened up a bag and got a Rank 11 Epic pistol and am not sure what to sell it for, it's my first epic item. I can max out the gold price at around 300,000 , should I do that or try to get gems? Past attempts at selling blue items for gems have been a lesson in wasting my precious trade slots. I also have 5 wooden keys or whatever the lowest tier is, what should I try to sell these for?

I think more fusion slots trumps everything else. You kind-of got a bum deal on that Falconer. It's selling for 3 gems on the trade house right now, which is next to free. I'd maybe use it to equip a hero with at 0% break chance to do some higher level fights.

Null1fy fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 15, 2016

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf
Also keep in mind that one gem is worth at least 300k now, and you can sell almost any epic item for at least that much

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Pesterchum posted:

Rad, invite pesterchum#12527 and catsworth#41836 if you would

This fucker got me into this, so I agree this would rock! Thanks.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I added a new tab to the goon spreadsheet cause the old one got really, really messy and I will try to get it cleaned up with the old data soonish.

Also thanks Nullify, added your guide to the second post!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I used to play the fuuuck out of Swords and Potions and this is like that except I don't have to actually give a poo poo! I love it.

Patware, patware#12790, level 7 right now.

Purple Prophecy
Mar 7, 2013
Just started the game and my progress seems to be gone. I would like not to have to do 33 levels again :ohdear:

e: reinstalling the app worked

Purple Prophecy fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Apr 16, 2016

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
When that happens you can just link your Facebook or whatever account again and the game will reload with your old shop back again.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oh come on, there isn't a ARE YOU SURE if you accidentally click the buy more crafting slots button.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

The race to the bottom on some of these Trade House prices is just brutal.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Harps made me super rich 10/10 would recommend to every newbie (they sell so fast I don't even think the competition would matter)

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

CHiRAL posted:

Harps made me super rich 10/10 would recommend to every newbie (they sell so fast I don't even think the competition would matter)

Is the strategy just:
1. Buy Rainbow Powder (or w/e it's called)
2. Make harps
3. Sell for Harps for 2 gems
4. Buy leather keys
5. Sell keys for 2.5 million gold

I tried to do that, but you can't list items for more then your net worth. So, I need to spend 2.5 million before I can sell keys for that?

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Suran37 posted:

Is the strategy just:
2. Make harps
4. Buy leather keys

I tried to do that, but you can't list items for more then your net worth. So, I need to spend 2.5 million before I can sell keys for that?

Probably - about the strategy. In terms of net worth, you just have to make/sell/spend in total 2.5 million.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Suran37 posted:

Is the strategy just:
2. Make harps
4. Buy leather keys

Oh I'm doing it super newbie style. Make harps, mix up to great quality, sell for ~80k. I started playing like 3 days ago so I don't have much to work with. It still makes me enough money to not give a poo poo about expenses/break % being 10 times what's listed. I can't price them higher atm so no point in going for higher qualities v:shobon:v

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

What should I be looking for in flawless items to buy from the trading board to level my guys? Everything I'm seeing seems to be either max gold price (10x the base price) or only sells for gems. Do I just have to keep obsessively searching until I find the diamond in the rough, or should I be willingly paying such a premium for these items?

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
If one of the larger towns have room for 2 and could invite m2tt#60151 and incognitoleo#74069 that'd be swell

byped
Aug 7, 2003

Little Books From Tall Trees
Giving this a shot, bob#50663 in the spreadsheet, any of the groups have free space?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Klungar posted:

What should I be looking for in flawless items to buy from the trading board to level my guys? Everything I'm seeing seems to be either max gold price (10x the base price) or only sells for gems. Do I just have to keep obsessively searching until I find the diamond in the rough, or should I be willingly paying such a premium for these items?
Flawless items are just gonna break if you're leveling past them, don't bother unless it is one with a skill you need and you've unlocked that skill (and you can make it yourself but don't wanna). When you get to the point that you have guys who aren't leveling past stuff quickly or are capped out then you'll have money for it

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

CrashCat posted:

Flawless items are just gonna break if you're leveling past them, don't bother unless it is one with a skill you need and you've unlocked that skill (and you can make it yourself but don't wanna). When you get to the point that you have guys who aren't leveling past stuff quickly or are capped out then you'll have money for it

Sorry, I didn't mean "leveling my guys" in "equipping them with the items to send on quests", I meant "to sell to my guys to level my shop", which is what I thought the post was suggesting, but I may have misunderstood it.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Klungar posted:

Sorry, I didn't mean "leveling my guys" in "equipping them with the items to send on quests", I meant "to sell to my guys to level my shop", which is what I thought the post was suggesting, but I may have misunderstood it.

You could buy great items and fuse them... That guide a few posts ago had the quantity you'll need for each stage.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

This is the section I'm referring to:

quote:

Once you're earning some steady income on harps, the hands-down best method of leveling is going to be buying flawless quality items within the purchasing level range of your heroes off of the trade house. I believe heroes can purchase items 7 levels higher than themselves and you want to offload the highest level, highest quality, items that you can as they yield more experience. Chest-unlocked blueprint items provide more experience to your shop but will cost more on the trade house given their rarity.

Just trying to figure out if there is certain flawless items I should be shooting for with this, or any sort of metric to decide whether a given flawless item is worth purchasing for power leveling purposes and that purpose alone.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
If it takes 4 rainbow dust to make two good harps to fuse into a great harp, and the rainbow dust sells easily for 15-20k on its own, it doesn't seem like you're actually making much money at all by selling them for 80k over just selling the rainbow dust.

And this is not counting the 50 crafts required to master the harp recipe where you'll be spending 8 dusts to craft normals up into greats, which starts you off at a significant loss. Am I missing something here?

Scoss fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 18, 2016

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Scoss posted:

If it takes 4 rainbow dust to make two good harps to fuse into a great harp, and the rainbow dust sells easily for 15-20k on its own, it doesn't seem like you're actually making much money at all by selling them for 80k over just selling the rainbow dust.

And this is not counting the 50 crafts required to master the harp recipe where you'll be spending 8 dusts to craft normals up into greats, which starts you off at a significant loss. Am I missing something here?

I was mostly using it to get rid of the ones i made to unlock further recipes, gave me a bit of a boost for later on. How would you go about it at low levels?

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Scoss posted:

Possibly not. It's been a while since I've played the early game so I can't remember how often you create exceptional crafts with hardly any mastery. It might be worth it to even have a 50-50 spread of skills and mastery on your first few workers to bump up the chances of exceptional crafts on those early items like harps. Crafting items until you start to pump out exceptional crafts might be sort-of a sunk cost in this game. What's the alternative, though? Not crafting at all?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
If you wanted to work your way down the music blueprints regardless then it seems like a fine way to put the harps to use, just as a pure moneymaking venture otherwise it didn't seem to add up. I'm fairly new myself and I've done similar things with my crafting byproducts but honestly I think most of my money has come from prowling the auction house for items that are mispriced at or below their value and force selling them to heroes at markup. I do this mostly so I can cram a constant stream of shop XP down their throats at a neutral cost, but I also incidentally happen to find a lot of things are are priced too low and snag them up along the way.

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
I've really just been smashing instruments over my heroes' heads mostly. Craft a bunch, tell the warriors to sod off, upsell at nearly neutral energy when they ask for the item in question, god drat item racks are loving great.

I have been trying to figure out how to get my heroes stronger, it seems like you just need to bite the bullet on the cost for the higher heroes that have MUCH higher starting stats. My original heroes can't even hold a candle to my most recent purchases. I'm coming up on level 20 just from selling extremely overpriced musical poo poo. Sure I could make a killing selling flawless poo poo on the trading post, but I want higher levels more than anything else at this point.

That being said, I feel like I'm coming up to a stale point and I might just start buying leather keys and selling them for gold so I can fund my hero purchases and keep moving. Any advice?

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Well, if you have a lot of time to spare or no use for the fusion cauldron you can put up an order for normal harps for ~4k each and then fuse 4 of them and sell great harps for 78.3k each. They sell pretty much instantly, as opposed to most other things I tried to offer.

TKImpulse
Oct 21, 2009
Wouldn't mind an invite to a city if there's a spot available - Takeru#12491

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Klungar posted:

Just trying to figure out if there is certain flawless items I should be shooting for with this, or any sort of metric to decide whether a given flawless item is worth purchasing for power leveling purposes and that purpose alone.
Shopkeeper XP is based solely on the base item value, so do some math accordingly. I think the base value is shown in various places in the Trade House interface, like when you go to buy something off the Offers tab and get that little popup.

I personally just feed my guys leftovers but I am not really playing to crush it like Nullify there

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

seriously people:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yOLklDGX2LmndWKvQuRYkAOO0WqHsudv8kvEhLWx_so/htmlview?sle=true

read the gigantic loving spreadsheet with values for everything and make your plans appropriately. It even has a sales price calculator for your stuff at any quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
Giving this game a shot and could use an invite to a goontown: misteroblivious#16438

• Locked thread