Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
deku's an adorable little gently caress regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Meanwhile, at Bizarro Academia:

I'd read it.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sadly we can't live in a world where a female protagonist can do the things midoriya does yet

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

JD posted:

Girl Deku is pretty cute

"Deko"

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Tollymain posted:

sadly we can't live in a world where a female protagonist can do the things midoriya does yet
That's OK. I'm honestly not super stoked about Midoriya doing those things.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tollymain posted:

How can you say that when JoJo part 6 exists :colbert:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
On one hand, just gender-swapping mister maximum testosterone aggression doesn't seem like it would work as a realistic character, on the other hand, i wanna read all about the adventures of Baroness Explodokill

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

HenryEx posted:

On one hand, just gender-swapping mister maximum testosterone aggression doesn't seem like it would work as a realistic character, on the other hand, i wanna read all about the adventures of Baroness Explodokill

You say that like normal Bakugou is a realistic character.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The female Iida does not work at all.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ytlaya posted:

It works.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mystic Mongol posted:

That's OK. I'm honestly not super stoked about Midoriya doing those things.

oh it's pretty hosed up that midoriya does those things and were he not a fictional character he'd be in need of institutionalization but my point is like, in heroic fiction you very rarely see violence that has any major impact on female protagonists. we gotta keep them in bubble wrap because of benevolent sexism poo poo

i haven't read jojo part 6 (really anything past 4, don't remember why really) so i can't speak to that :v

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Female Iida is literally just male Iida with pigtails and that's why its amazing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tollymain posted:

oh it's pretty hosed up that midoriya does those things and were he not a fictional character he'd be in need of institutionalization but my point is like, in heroic fiction you very rarely see violence that has any major impact on female protagonists. we gotta keep them in bubble wrap because of benevolent sexism poo poo

i haven't read jojo part 6 (really anything past 4, don't remember why really) so i can't speak to that :v

Jolyne's stand ability is more violent and self-destructive than that of any other Jojo. She is hard as nails. What's more, she doesn't start as a stone-cold badass like most of them.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tollymain posted:

Well suffice it to say that you totally can, and Araki did, in the same magazine as MHA no less.

Jolyne is a stone cold badass.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Who is the naked girl that Tora is holding in the last page? Is it that the missing WWPC?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Your feeling, I can feel deeply

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ochaco is powerful

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As someone who grew up on the Gulf Coast, I sympathize.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
No heting or AC. In the morning, just a banana is fine.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
uraraka should become saitama's sidekick.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rohan Kishibe posted:

No heting or AC. In the morning, just a banana is fine.

It seems like she may not be able to afford three meals a day, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oddly enough uraraka is the only student who seems to use any form of martial arts

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Serious Frolicking posted:

oddly enough uraraka is the only student who seems to use any form of martial arts

AHEM

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

he never does anything

JD
Jan 11, 2003

:swoon:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Baal posted:

Ochaco is powerful

And deadly

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
EDIT: ^^^^ Comic is good.

You're right, that's super weird.

All these special snowflakes need to stop relying on their quirks and pick up more of the self defense basics.

Deku... actually makes sense on that front. You'd think that because he was devoted to becoming a hero that he would have started with the basics, but by that logic he should've been working out before All Might made him buff up for a year. The same mental blocks and reasons that he didn't buff up would also be why he didn't study martial arts.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Twiddy posted:

EDIT: ^^^^ Comic is good.

You're right, that's super weird.

All these special snowflakes need to stop relying on their quirks and pick up more of the self defense basics.

Deku... actually makes sense on that front. You'd think that because he was devoted to becoming a hero that he would have started with the basics, but by that logic he should've been working out before All Might made him buff up for a year. The same mental blocks and reasons that he didn't buff up would also be why he didn't study martial arts.

People are running around making explosions with their hands and talking so powerfully that your eardrums explode, what is knowing how to throw someone over your shoulder going to do to deal with that?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Vengarr posted:

And deadly

Huh. Archvermin is still around. Who knew?

Also, it gives you nonlethal options. Not very many ways to nonlethally explode someone, after all.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

he never does anything

You'll never do anything once I get done with you, fucker.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Vengarr posted:

Meanwhile, at Bizarro Academia:

Is it just me, or does female Deku look like a non-Alien Queen version of Mina?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Huh. Archvermin is still around. Who knew?

Also, it gives you nonlethal options. Not very many ways to nonlethally explode someone, after all.

You're just not thinking of explosions properly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Bakugou doesn't make people explode, he makes explosions. So, force and heat, both of which he can control the strength of. It isn't like he is throwing shrapnel around. He actually has one of the best quirks to incapacitate someone non-lethally.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Bakugou doesn't make people explode, he makes explosions. So, force and heat, both of which he can control the strength of. It isn't like he is throwing shrapnel around. He actually has one of the best quirks to incapacitate someone non-lethally.

Didn't he basically make a flashbang one time? There are plenty of ways for him to use his power other than explodokilling.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

RareAcumen posted:

People are running around making explosions with their hands and talking so powerfully that your eardrums explode, what is knowing how to throw someone over your shoulder going to do to deal with that?

Ask Batman.

Edit: I'd love to see a quirkless hero show up in a later chapter.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Amstrad posted:

Ask Batman.

batman and iron man have the same answer: be incredibly rich

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

It seems to work for Gunhead, though.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Amstrad posted:

Ask Batman.

being a hero is a public thing so deku would already know about him plus being a hero is regulated by the government and probably requires graduating from one of the various hero schools.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

He's also one of the worst people to make use of said quirk considering he flies off his handle really easily and tends to solve every problem through the greatest amount of violence possible.

Wait, did I say worst? I meant best.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

What is that tuft of hair on his shoulder? I thought it was his tail the first time I saw it, but his tail has it's own tuft visible in shots like this, so it can't be. Does he groom his back hair? Does his gi have it's own hair do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I think his gi is furred, yes.