Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Which again is this weird sort of victim-blaming that presumes the perv dude cannot help himself in any way and so it's your fault for letting him exist near you

I have read multiple news articles recently about completely different places that defend keeping women segregated so they will be safe from sexual assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I'm pretty sure aggression is still seen as a positive in the military even today and hulking out at the potato peddler back then for overcharging you was seen as a bad thing.

Also "I'm repressing this impulse because I'm afraid I'll be ostracized or killed" and "I'm repressing this impulse because this isn't the appropriate time for it" are worlds apart but I'm not expecting Ford to be able to tell the difference.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I lost my poo poo at that Ford cartoon. I can't believe he literally compared suppressing homosexuality to suppressing wanting to murder and rape.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Full Circle posted:

Is there another way to read that other than "everyone is gay, some are just better at repressing it"?

Christian evangelicals think that homosexuality is a temptation that anyone can fall prey to and then they're addicted to it like alcohol or drugs because it's just so tempting and addictive.

Yeah.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

seiferguy posted:

I lost my poo poo at that Ford cartoon. I can't believe he literally compared suppressing homosexuality to suppressing wanting to murder and rape.

I mean, he's compared suppressing homosexuality before to suppressing his constant desires to cheat on his wife, so at least he's consistent.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

FIRST TIME posted:

Christian evangelicals think that homosexuality is a temptation that anyone can fall prey to and then they're addicted to it like alcohol or drugs because it's just so tempting and addictive.

Yeah.

This is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. Also the comic is almost Asay-like in how easy it is to misinterpret the message if you're not from the particular group of crazies it caters to.

VorpalBunny posted:

I have read multiple news articles recently about completely different places that defend keeping women segregated so they will be safe from sexual assault.

This however, is super depressing.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

The Copper Kaiser posted:

Adam4d has been pretty boring lately, mostly pissing on other Christians but he did produce this gem.

Wait, so, when did he interview the warrior about his homosexual feelings?

:nws:Relevant Cartoon about the viking's honor:nws:

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Adam's comic is a great example of The Asay Principle in action. Look at that adorable viking totally crushing on his shield-brother! I bet he writes poems about the guy and everything! Too. Cute.

But yes people's moral codes are often informed and shaped by the societies they inhabit. That's why we should all follow the laws laid out in the book of Deuteronomy which wasn't informed by the culture of it's time thanks to Maaaaagic! :nyan:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

VorpalBunny posted:

Who knew it was so easy to get men in that sort of regressive rear end mindset to confess to being and or tolerating rapists.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Full Circle posted:

Is there another way to read that other than "everyone is gay, some are just better at repressing it"?

"In conclusion, be a gay viking."

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not a historian specializing in the Viking era, nor do I play one on TV, but I'm reasonably sure that Viking attitudes towards men having sex with other men were not quite what Adam4d portrays there.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Is Adam only posting for the benefit of Christians or what?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

More like himself, like Galaitianman.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The Larch posted:

I'm not a historian specializing in the Viking era, nor do I play one on TV, but I'm reasonably sure that Viking attitudes towards men having sex with other men were not quite what Adam4d portrays there.

I think you'll find that the anglo-saxons and the vikings weren't the same people.

Though to be fair Adam4d probably doesn't know either.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Brainamp posted:

I think you'll find that the anglo-saxons and the vikings weren't the same people.

Though to be fair Adam4d probably doesn't know either.

Goddamnit. I knew I should have double-checked who he was talking about.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Adam4d has been pretty boring lately, mostly pissing on other Christians but he did produce this gem.

<Adam4D's Gay Viking Fanfic>

Society has gone from accepting brutality and violence as commonplace, as well as punishing or condemning non-crimes, to the reverse position. A More Civilized Cartoon.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I would bet that a variant on this cartoon is done every single election season.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

When did Ramirez get hired on by RT?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

To be fair if NATO sent Obama to fight Russia all on his own he would probably lose.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I mean...I could keep my metaphor consistent, but I didn't get two pulitizers for tryin'!

*labels one horse as a country and another as a president*

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Plucky little NATO?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

I would bet that a variant on this cartoon is done every single election season.

To be fair, Trump, Cruz, and Hillary all have significantly higher unfavorables compared to the candidates from previous presidential elections.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
And in case anyone wanted to put hard numbers on how willfully dense Ramirez is,

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Russia, while big and intimidating rides into battle unarmed and unarmored, giving the technological edge to the forces of NATO. AGC.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

I mean...I could keep my metaphor consistent, but I didn't get two pulitizers for tryin'!

*labels one horse as a country and another as a president*

This is probably subconscious.

'America's military is great, only diminished by weak as Obama, but we could wreck Russia if he wasn't around'.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Is there a Gay Abortions category for comics depicting how strong and mighty Putin is.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Jeremy Corbyn’s EU stance – Labour leader calls for vote against Brexit, warning of a ‘bonfire of rights’ if Britain leaves the European Union" After Delacroix.

Telegraph:

Film's lost Nessie monster prop found in Loch Ness

Times:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

"Imagine an Anglo-Saxon warrior from the 9th century who has bloodlust but has trouble with his homosexual feelings. Now imagine a young man living in NYC who has a curiosity about violence but is proud of his gay pride. Now imagine there's a time machine and the warrior and the modern day guy end up crossing paths and falling in love. Maybe they spar with wooden swords while they're shirtless and glistening with sweat. Now imagine that this story can be yours if you just check out my Amazon Kindle publisher page for the low price of $4.99. It's called "Crossing Swords and Crossing Timelines"."

With Obama, NATO has a practical and healthy steed that keeps itself lean and healthy. Compare this to Russia under Putin, a bloated beast rendered unhealthy and sluggish by excess weight and size. Obama can run circles around Russia but if Russia tries to take one step it'll be out of breath from needing so much oxygen and its kneecaps will explode from its size. A Square Cube Law Cartoon.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Stultus Maximus posted:

And in case anyone wanted to put hard numbers on how willfully dense Ramirez is,

This disparity will never not be hilarious. The US is the backbone of NATO and good god does it show.

Stultus Maximus posted:

When did Ramirez get hired on by RT?
May 7th, 2012.

The date Vladimir Putin was (re-)elected President of Russia, if you don't get the joke.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

I love how much conservatives are drawn in by Putin's posturing. Reminds me of this clip from Colbert when he basically nailed the whole conservative obsession with powerful and violent male authority figures, as well as his hatred of any possible signs of weakness (skip to 1m45s)

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Imagine myself as a 9th century Anglo-Saxon warrior...o.k. I'm a freeman with my own weapons and armor who can be called up upon the king's command to defend the realm. Probably against those jerk Vikings who keep sacking our monasteries.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Is it just me or does the Bernie dog kind of look like he C&Ped an old drawing of Bernie dog's head onto a human body for some reason

like he got all the way through drawing a human body for Bernie, then remembered he'd already drawn him as a dog and switched gears

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

loquacius posted:

Is it just me or does the Bernie dog kind of look like he C&Ped an old drawing of Bernie dog's head onto a human body for some reason

like he got all the way through drawing a human body for Bernie, then remembered he'd already drawn him as a dog and switched gears

So why is Trump a human being when everyone else is a talking animal? Oh, and the girl too, although lately she's been an animate punching bag.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Edit: Nevermind, thought that was Rauner. Now Allies just jelaous.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Kwyndig posted:

So why is Trump a human being when everyone else is a talking animal? Oh, and the girl too, although lately she's been an animate punching bag.

The same reason that everyone uses their actual names except Clinton, he's a lazy hack.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Russia, while big and intimidating rides into battle unarmed and unarmored, giving the technological edge to the forces of NATO. AGC.

Nato-knight holds his sword straight up as plucky wee Horse-bama gallops between Russia's legs; Putin's steed is gutted where it stands.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

real trump the human
real bernie the dog
"real" girl the girl
fake clinton the rabbit
fake Hobbes the coyote

what don't you understand

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

This woman will vote for Bernie because he is the only candidate with a net positive favourability rating. AGC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MANLY PUTIN! :swoon:

Girly-man Obama :argh:

• Locked thread