Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
red19fire
May 26, 2010

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

katt williams graduated bootcamp when he was 16

Choked out by a 15 year old. Like a tan belt PFC on boot leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Wash down sucks. Meu sucks. Next deployment is another meu. Semper fi

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

JFK was gangster as gently caress

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
http://i.imgur.com/mXGJbYJ.jpg

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
If you ever want a reminder of what being a boot was like, roll over to Instagram and check out the SOI/Pendleton feed: https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/4094004/

Boots. Boots never change.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Deathy McDeath posted:

If you ever want a reminder of what being a boot was like, roll over to Instagram and check out the SOI/Pendleton feed: https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/4094004/

Boots. Boots never change.

:barf:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Sweet, I know where to post all my future instagram pics.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
who gives a poo poo about those boot retards, heres a real fuckin hero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErSGVFGX21A

:unsmith:

excuse me, i seem to have got something in my eye

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

good dog

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Bates Lites... Are they worth it?

They're discounted ~$100 off and they seem to be recommended for OCS so...?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

MurderBot posted:

Bates Lites... Are they worth it?

They're discounted ~$100 off and they seem to be recommended for OCS so...?

They are light but don't have near the durability a pair of Danners do. Then again they are less than half the price. They certainly help come CFT time or any other boots and utes nonsense.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Don't fastrope in them

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

I don't know if I'd use Lites for any sort of serious training. They wear a lot faster than regular Bates boots.

Here are some comparison shots. Lites on the left, standard Bates jungle boots on the right. I've been wearing the Lites as my daily boots for about 5 months now, wore those jungle boots as my daily boots for the 2 years leading up to switching to my LItes. The jungles have been through two CFT seasons and MCT, while the Lites have been through my CFT last year annnnnnd I guess MCMAP sessions in 29 Palms.

Open up the imgur links and take the l off of the end of the filename if you care enough to want full-size.

If you do decide to get them, keep in mind they fit pretty small. Comparing temperate to warm-weather Bates boots, I can go down half a size comfortably for my jungles. The Lites can easily go down another half-size from there, they're that thin and spacious on the inside.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

They are light but don't have near the durability a pair of Danners do. Then again they are less than half the price. They certainly help come CFT time or any other boots and utes nonsense.

Perfect. kinda sucks about the durability, especially if youre throwing down MSRP on em.

E: its for the upcoming ocs class, I guess there was some back and fourth on whether or not they were authorized and I guess they are ir have been, and as far as having a boot for all of the running conducted in boots/utes, some recommend a pair of Bates for such things. But I've heard from others that they're really not all that great

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 10, 2016

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Wear them for the runs, don't wear them for the rucks.

There was some talk of deauthorizing them and basically all of the boots that weren't really expensive and awful looking, but luckily that got canceled before it was supposed to happen last year. The latest word is that they'll continue to be authorized for the time being.

That's just for general uniform purposes, though. No idea what sort of OCS policies might be in place.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Hm. Maybe I'll wait till I get some better info before I break in a pair of boots

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

:commissar:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

just found out nike makes green jungle boots

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/s...7a-5a3f12bc585c

im kinda tempted tbh

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

yea, clean your loving boots dude

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yea, clean your loving boots dude

No poo poo.

Also, what the gently caress were you doing to wear the tread/sole so fast on the lites? Did they replace the breaks on the XO's whip with you just Flintstoning it or what?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Literally just using them as my daily walking around boot since October or so.

Also I don't think I've ever had to worry about how clean my boots were since boot camp. Probably going to send in my jungles to get resoled/refurbished soon though because they're nicely broken in, and I want to save my Lites for dumb PT stuff.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Send the other pair in to get its laces re-left-over-right-furbished.

nasty thing

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Victor Vermis posted:

Send the other pair in to get its laces re-left-over-right-furbished.

nasty thing

icer

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

maybe when it matters

Yarville
Jun 14, 2013
First class PFT and an expert pistol qual. Yuuuuut

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I'm still salty about missing expert pistol by two goddamn points. And I haven't had a chance to re-shoot for three years.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Yarville posted:

First class PFT and an expert pistol qual. Yuuuuut

You ready for the new PFT scores?

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2016/04/06/generals-propose-changes-marine-corps-pft-cft-fitness-tests/82655160/

Thats of course if this even happens.... If so, the run is my money shot as with the crunches :(.

Yarville
Jun 14, 2013

MurderBot posted:

You ready for the new PFT scores?

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2016/04/06/generals-propose-changes-marine-corps-pft-cft-fitness-tests/82655160/

Thats of course if this even happens.... If so, the run is my money shot as with the crunches :(.

I'm a max-max- relax kind of guy (this PFT I skated in at just under 26 minutes) so taking off time for the run might mean I will actually have to run on my down time :argh:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

overdesigned posted:

I'm still salty about missing expert pistol by two goddamn points. And I haven't had a chance to re-shoot for three years.

I had the battalion shitbird pulling my pits on my last qual. Expert for 3 years then... Marksman. At least that fucker got a BCD.

Yarville
Jun 14, 2013

red19fire posted:

I had the battalion shitbird pulling my pits on my last qual. Expert for 3 years then... Marksman. At least that fucker got a BCD.

We just have the next relay score our targets and coach us. Make sure you've got a friend behind you to spot you a few points and you're golden.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Yarville posted:

We just have the next relay score our targets and coach us. Make sure you've got a friend behind you to spot you a few points and you're golden.

THINK THE TALIBAN GONNA SPOT YOU POINTS?

THINK AQI GONNA SPIN THE LOLLIPOP AND HUNT FOR YOUR 5 POINT FLYERS?

THINK YOUR FRIEND GONNA HOOK IT UP WHEN HE'S SUPPRESSED AND YOUR SECRET PIZZABOXING rear end CANT ADMINISTER THE MOST EFFECTIVE BRAND OF COMBAT MEDICINE?

NEGATIVE

BUT DONT WORRY

HE'S GONNA BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU

FOREVER

WAITING TO SPOT YOU FIVE BIG ONES

...YOURRRRRRRRRR NEXT COURSE OF FIRE IS THE .0001 METER SLOW FIRE

FROM THE KITCHEN TABLE SLUMPED POSITION

ONE ROUND

IN SEVERAL DECADES

GIVE OR TAKE SEVERAL DECADES

IS THE FIRING LINE READY?

YOU MAY BEGIN FIRING WHEN YOUR SHAME APPEARS

DOG TARGETS! HIGH IN THE SKY!

Alternatively:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
lmbo :allears:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

:awesome:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Victor Vermis posted:

VV can you make one of your pretty pictures about a dark souls guy using his NG++++ skills on some motivated marine corps dog targets? he can have a penis floppin' out obvs.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Victor Vermis posted:

THINK THE TALIBAN GONNA SPOT YOU POINTS?

THINK AQI GONNA SPIN THE LOLLIPOP AND HUNT FOR YOUR 5 POINT FLYERS?

THINK YOUR FRIEND GONNA HOOK IT UP WHEN HE'S SUPPRESSED AND YOUR SECRET PIZZABOXING rear end CANT ADMINISTER THE MOST EFFECTIVE BRAND OF COMBAT MEDICINE?

NEGATIVE

BUT DONT WORRY

HE'S GONNA BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU

FOREVER

WAITING TO SPOT YOU FIVE BIG ONES

...YOURRRRRRRRRR NEXT COURSE OF FIRE IS THE .0001 METER SLOW FIRE

FROM THE KITCHEN TABLE SLUMPED POSITION

ONE ROUND

IN SEVERAL DECADES

GIVE OR TAKE SEVERAL DECADES

IS THE FIRING LINE READY?

YOU MAY BEGIN FIRING WHEN YOUR SHAME APPEARS

Alternatively:

lol

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
I'm reviewing resumes for a job over here and I got one from a Marine that served nearly 7 years and got out as an E-3. I'm former Air Force so I don't know your ranks and junk but is this guy a fuckup? We get E-4 handed to us after 3 years but I read you test for E-4, so maybe he's just slow? I still can't imagine it would normally take that long though.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

chemosh6969 posted:

I'm reviewing resumes for a job over here and I got one from a Marine that served nearly 7 years and got out as an E-3. I'm former Air Force so I don't know your ranks and junk but is this guy a fuckup? We get E-4 handed to us after 3 years but I read you test for E-4, so maybe he's just slow? I still can't imagine it would normally take that long though.

Just for curiosity, what position is he applying for?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

chemosh6969 posted:

You don't test for E-4. Even in the slow fields you should get E-4 within like 4 years.

Also 7 years is a really weird amount of time.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Yeah he had to have gotten in trouble. You can't go 7 years without picking up E-4 without some sort of paperwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Internet Wizard posted:

You don't test for E-4. Even in the slow fields you should get E-4 within like 4 years.

Also 7 years is a really weird amount of time.

Maybe it was some active duty extension paperwork? Like they wanted me to do a 2nd Fallujah tour :laffo: when I had a month to go before EAS and wanted me to sign an extension for exactly 7 months.

Or if you lat move/B-billet into a long school? My command on Okinawa wanted me to go to like arabic translator school for 12-18 months, which I would have had to sign an extension so I'd have 4 years of active duty left when I got out of the school.

Probably a rumor on the LCPL underground, I was told similar things about HIGH SPEED LOW DRAG schools that my GT qualified me for like CI and scout sniper school, and this was more than 10 years ago.

VVV which reminds me, we had a guy who finally picked up E4 after nearly 4 years, then got a DUI the same night after his celebration party. Busted right back down to E3.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 15, 2016

• Locked thread