Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Average Bear posted:

I miss the small white soapstone

yeah, me too. it was a really fun way to help people with levels but not necessarily committing to the boss. idk what causes estus refills as a phantom, but i sort of wish they were more common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Walking faster than fat rollers can run ftw

It's fun trying to fight hard bosses wearing all your heaviest armor (Vinny ftw) but I can't imagine going all the way through the level like that

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
for my next run i'm going to go with a quality swordsman with a greatsword, a bow / crossbow, and... miracles, maybe? i might not do magic, idk.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What does "quality" mean. Seen it dropped here and there

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

quality means equal-ish scaling from str and dex

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started doing STR/FTH but ended up having higher dex than anything and not having anything better than Heal Aid

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

having super high strength and dex is really the only sane choice when there are so many cool weapons to choose from

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's an upgrade path from demon's, and people used it as shorthand for C/C weapons in the other games. it's called something else now in DS3, but i can't remember what.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

I started doing STR/FTH but ended up having higher dex than anything and not having anything better than Heal Aid

my current guy is a pyromancer, and if you want to do spells it's a great start. it gives you enough stats to try out all of the basic stuff in the three disciplines, and pyromancy is definitely the most damaging magic. he's sort of a trainwreck in terms of stats, but w/e, i'm killing stuff pretty efficiently.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

sector_corrector posted:

it's an upgrade path from demon's, and people used it as shorthand for C/C weapons in the other games. it's called something else now in DS3, but i can't remember what.

refined i think. i made my uchi refined because i thought it was the dex scaling one and now it does less damage and im cheesed off

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sector_corrector posted:

my current guy is a pyromancer, and if you want to do spells it's a great start. it gives you enough stats to try out all of the basic stuff in the three disciplines, and pyromancy is definitely the most damaging magic. he's sort of a trainwreck in terms of stats, but w/e, i'm killing stuff pretty efficiently.

I only want buff spells. Actually I wonder if Iron Flesh is still garbage

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Raw infusions seem really decent this time around. really stoked to eventually do a low level run and see how well it holds up in the late game

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I beat Vordt

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

refined i think. i made my uchi refined because i thought it was the dex scaling one and now it does less damage and im cheesed off

yeeeah, that's the one. can you switch between infusions at will? or do you have to downgrade it to normal? you'll find a thing called a shriving stone that'll let you do that at some point before the first lord of cinder.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

I only want buff spells. Actually I wonder if Iron Flesh is still garbage

idk about sunlight sword, but pyro starting stats +1 in INT/FTH is enough to give you like 3 or 4 powerful weapon and self buffs. i just got iron flesh, but i've always hated it, so i haven't tried it yet.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

you can change infusions at will without reducing the reinforcement level as long as you have a shriving stone

Black Baby Goku posted:

This Game Is A loving Masterpiece

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

you can change infusions at will without reducing the reinforcement level as long as you have a shriving stone

:rock:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Why aren't my covenant icons colorful anymore? is it because I'm super hollowed

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

rediscover posted:

sharp is the dex stat im p sure and i dont think the uchi can even get it for some reason?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

you dont even need the shriving stone, you can switch infusion whenever as long as youve got the thing

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

god thats even better...... fuuuck

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HORMELCHILI posted:

sharp is the dex stat im p sure and i dont think the uchi can even get it for some reason?

nope, i've got a sharp uchi right now.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

nope, i've got a sharp uchi right now.

okay. i was looking at infusions for it last night after upgrading with the farron coal and i thought i didnt see it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

This Game Is A loving Masterpiece

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sharp Sellsword two blades does so much damage its insane

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It has like C dex scaling at only +2

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I tried invasions at the Cathedral earlier but got owned every time and used up all my cracked orbs. Does anyone sell them later so I can get the non-cracked one?

I did get summoned as a blue cop for the first time though and we won :cheerdoge:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

get it to +3 and prepare to destroy

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

I tried invasions at the Cathedral earlier but got owned every time and used up all my cracked orbs. Does anyone sell them later so I can get the non-cracked one?

I did get summoned as a blue cop for the first time though and we won :cheerdoge:

you can get a full one at this point. you want a hint?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I have this +4 and I'm unstoppable

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you can just switch infusions without shriving stones too lol. shriving is just if you want a normal wep again

endgame pvp is insane. there are a lot of varied spells in this game, some guy used a spear that called down lightning from the sky on me

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
so i just came off of DS2, and the upgrade curve in this is much, much slower. that's cool though, because it makes getting to the next level feel a lot better, and also makes it so that you have to really consider what you want to upgrade w/ your shards. in DS2 you can easily have a +8 or 9 weapon before you kill your first lord soul boss, without even much foreknowledge or planning.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

some guy used a spear that called down lightning from the sky on me

If you get to the very end of the game and haven't seen where it comes from, let me know and I'll give ya a hint. It shouldn't be missed

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I found the Flynn ring so now I'm a jerky zombie running around in rags.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

If you get to the very end of the game and haven't seen where it comes from, let me know and I'll give ya a hint. It shouldn't be missed

i figure its from the super secret zone w/ the snake people. that place is loving brutal i cant get past that first boss

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

i figure its from the super secret zone w/ the snake people. that place is loving brutal i cant get past that first boss

you gotta do it, man

although the next boss is 10 times harder so good luck

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

you can get a full one at this point. you want a hint?

Sure I'll take a hint

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

you gotta do it, man

although the next boss is 10 times harder so good luck

i cant wait until everyone's beaten it and i can gush about every area and boss

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Gigante posted:

You don't need to win an invasion to get the full one you just need the item you get from winning the invasion. There's one in the settlement and some enemies drop them

is it even possible to get more cracked after the first 5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Why does my covenant thing look like this

• Locked thread