Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Selachian posted:

A man wearing a turban? How weird and wacky!

It is if you're from small town America. This arc is giving me flashbacks to my school's 8th Grade trip to Washington, D.C. and us Midwestern kids' first experience with the big city. A lot of my classmates (including me) had never met a black person before, and the tour guide had to constantly tell people not to take pictures of the homeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Darkest Auer posted:

Yeah, the white balance is a bit messy because my scanning process is this:

1) Place book on bathroom sink (because the best lighting is there)
2) Take picture with phone

Anyway, I'll start converting them to black & white from now on, I should've been doing that earlier, but...

I edited a new version into the previous post, hope that looks better!
That looks great, thank you!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (February 14, 1929)

Peanuts (April 17, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (February 6-7, 1929)

Thimble Theater (November 1, 1929)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh, that Popeye. A man comes back from death one time and it changes his whole personality. Daring Comix

Pooch Café

Just stick him in a carrier and check him as cargo. Maybe if you're lucky the airline will lose him and we'll all be free.

Ballard Street

Kevin is a social pariah on Ballard Street for his near-nudity fetish. It's just way too vanilla.

Lost Side of Suburbia

I am certain that's a pun I'm not getting.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

This is one of my all-time favourite logical leaps. "I don't have a happy family life. Welp, better just drown myself!"

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life (Happy 45th birthday, Reddick!)

Fort Knox

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

That bison ˇplop!ing in the background is too good for this strip.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Look at the last panel. Mark is clearly so upset that other people are gleefully dropping nature facts that he had to put a stop to it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

"You need to wear a tie in this office!"

Mary Worth

"Here's a picture of us when we met during my days as a Vietnam vet turned private detective in Hawaii, living on a rich author's property."

Rex Morgan MD

They already went through this "hands are hard to draw" thing. I think the artist is just showing off that he can draw hands.

Secret Agent X-9

Thank you. Agent Victorian-Era London Cabbie!

Really Pants posted:

I think she meant that it needed to be ruled out.
I've gone back and you are right. I'm going to be generous with myself and say it was worded in a way that was easy to misinterpret.

Apartment 3-G

Just wait till he finds out she's black!

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

"Here's a picture of us when we met during my days as a Vietnam vet turned private detective in Hawaii, living on a rich author's property."
You know, last week when he was lecturing art students about Leonardo da Vinci, that was a pencil mustache. It really IS amazing what yoga will do for you!

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (March 22, 1951)

Barnaby (August 27, 1942)

Nancy (May 6, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (January 17, 1929)

Gasoline Alley (February 15, 1923)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life (Happy 45th birthday, Reddick!)

:flipoff::siren::emo:FRIENDZONE:emo::siren::flipoff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG_VItFUEEI&t=70s

e; and a lady said it so it must be a real thing!

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

RandomFerret posted:

Sinistral and dextral mean left and right (handed), respectively. That, or the author is a fan of the Lufia games.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

They already went through this "hands are hard to draw" thing. I think the artist is just showing off that he can draw hands.

Look at that second panel and say that again.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I wholeheartedly embrace the weird direction the friendmaking operation is going in Mary Worth, especially after months of pleasant New York conversation. Sure, it might make a lot more sense to make friends with your peers and go hiking or whatever, but it's certainly a lot more entertaining to see a friendship between introverted student and widower professor with no boundaries. I wonder how many of the blue hairs read this arc and think "hmm yes good and normal" and "...why is she hanging out with this guy?"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

kith_groupie posted:

I wholeheartedly embrace the weird direction the friendmaking operation is going in Mary Worth, especially after months of pleasant New York conversation. Sure, it might make a lot more sense to make friends with your peers and go hiking or whatever, but it's certainly a lot more entertaining to see a friendship between introverted student and widower professor with no boundaries. I wonder how many of the blue hairs read this arc and think "hmm yes good and normal" and "...why is she hanging out with this guy?"
But you see, the professor is "safe", because he's a widower who isn't looking for someone else! Not like those rowdy college boys, who would only like whats-her-name for the S-E-X, not because of common interests or something like that.

tiercel
Apr 22, 2008

Kid Fenris posted:

Sinistral and dextral mean left and right (handed), respectively. That, or the author is a fan of the Lufia games.

It's a reference to which way their shells are coiled. Most gastropod species are dextral. I don't think it's meant to be funny really.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I meant the label on the barrel in the foreground, but I learned something about snails today and that makes it a good day.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

RandomFerret posted:

I meant the label on the barrel in the foreground, but I learned something about snails today and that makes it a good day.

I interpreted the label as another joke about the unwholesome contents of Slynderfell ice cream. Their jimmies are jimmies and bacteria, basically.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

e. Comic Strip Megathread: Bathroom Humor Week

Kennel fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 15, 2016

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I kinda like the sepia. But if someone is having trouble actually reading it, that's different.

Edit: Oh, it turns out I wasn't on the last page after all.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

'

Life In Hell

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dextrals curl to the right, sinistrals curl to the left, and the rat goes Right! :haw:

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Yes, I am 10 years old.

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Comic Strip Megathread 10-2: More mysterious than a platter of hash

Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

I get the feeling you could send in whatever you want about an alleged resident of Portland, and Ripley's would shrug and go with it.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
I swear, my first thought on seeing this Ripley's panel was "This should be used in Super Frog."

Admittedly, I think that with most Ripley's comics, but this one in particular is crying out for it. Crazy roller suit, girl covered in bees, T-Rex? Just imagine the kind of poo poo that would be going down there.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set isn't as glamorous as you think.

Working Daze is oh god who could possible give a poo poo.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is the one explaining the punch line for once.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

And that, my sweet summer child, is how we got the Baby Boomers.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (April 16-17, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (August 23-25, 1954)

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 09/27/15

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Abbey is certainly trying everything she can think of to distract Godiva.

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

And is it just me, or does this guy look a lot like Stirling Archer with a false moustache?

dordreff posted:

Look at that second panel and say that again.
Yeah, my first thought was that the writer must be trolling the artist. "Any good artist can draw hands, right Terry?"

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I feel like key lighting is probably going to be detrimental to trying to pass this off as a bootleg sex tape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm barfing out loud

• Locked thread