Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Panty Saluter posted:

Wow, that turbo-headgrab super murder move used by the screechy bird people in Farron Keep isn't bullshit or anything.

The one where they leap in the air and claw at you a bajillion times before falling to the ground? Yeah that's annoying but that's not nearly as bad as the dudes in the swamp that stand around, chin up, and then leap a bajillion feet in the air. I think I'm 2-3 for 10 with those dudes, partly because of their bullshit grab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Tabletops posted:

are you sure? I can summon two people and am at 99 hollowing.

AFAIK you can only summon one person for some specific boss fights (like abyss watchers)

No. I'm a dumbass. I was doing (like abyss watchers) and it only let me summon one person. I went to the shrine in the undead village sewer and cured my hollowing and then it let me summon two people for the fight. I didn't realize I still had used the finger from the last time I tried. I guess it didn't clear when I died? I hadn't used it since then.

It is definitely possible to do it with two people though: Video of the fight.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man the AWs are so much easier with two people. Struggled on my own, but I've been sunbroing them and the last three fights we won without either person getting hit a single time. You can literally just stunlock him in a corner.

Maria was exactly the same way. You could permanently stunlock her with the whirligig saw or even just 3 people with ludwig's.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The Iron Rose posted:

I have 60k souls what should i spend them on and is the tower key worth it

Tower key is worth it. Gets you access to a good amount of loot and also the crow trader.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man [every Dark Souls boss is] so much easier with two people.

Yep.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Had to check a wiki for Smoulder because I misunderstood the ground messages about and didn't think I'd have to be Indiana Jones about it.

Break time, that was an afternoon wasted backtracking all over the place. Accidentally got Mound-Makers while running around unhollowed though.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Tabletops posted:

are you sure? I can summon two people and am at 99 hollowing.

AFAIK you can only summon one person for some specific boss fights (like abyss watchers)

Huh, I just saw someone do that with two phantoms earlier today.

Crummelhorn
Nov 3, 2010
I just had a top dark souls moment in a way I completely was not expecting. I just wanted to farm sunlight medals on a boss, but ended up shepherding someone their first time through Farron Keep. I killed an invader, showed them where to get the most important treasures, couple bonfires, the wolf covenant. They were so psyched, they kept jumping for joy and bowing and poo poo -- I've actually never had a cool co-op experience like that in one of these before.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Internet Kraken posted:

Tower key is worth it. Gets you access to a good amount of loot and also the crow trader.

Yep.

There are a few bosses where I'd say having multiple people makes them less predictable and more dangerous, and if the person is bad and dies right away it makes the fight way longer than it needs to be. But yeah, there's definitely more bosses where their AI just breaks and can't handle having multiple targets, or gets opened up to non-stop poise breaking, etc.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

does Faith ever get good because I started as a cleric and kinda hate it

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Internet Kraken posted:

I already got the ring and the bone dust (or was it a shard? Who knows) though from that glitchy jump up, so is there just the crow left? If so I might wait till I have more souls in the bank.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Why are there no summons for the abyss watchers on psn

ugly
Jul 22, 2003
No clue
Pillbug
One of the current speed run strats for Pontiff is to parry him then use a sit down gesture as he whiffs a couple attacks over your head then stand up and parry him again. It's pretty rad.

https://youtu.be/eWbsuNL9Rkk?t=4040

ugly fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 15, 2016

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Q-sixtysix posted:

Why are there no summons for the abyss watchers on psn

There are a bunch? I did it with 2 people.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

The Berzerker posted:

does Faith ever get good because I started as a cleric and kinda hate it

Faith/miracles seem to be more about auxiliary stuff this go-round. Most of the actual offensive stuff is later, and mediocre. Though the faith-scaling weapon infusion does give a (very slow) passive HP regen when equipped which can be nice.

On the plus side you can find the pyromancy trainer in the Undead Settlement and quickly start moving over to a pyro build.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Just had the coolest invasion I'll have this week until the netcode's fixed. At the road of sacrifices I warrior of sunlight invade, fight off a phantom, a watchdog appears, helps finish the phantom off, as we move to finish the host, a blue sentinel arrives to assist. Then the netcode explodes, the sentinel misses, hits me from across the map, then a throwing knife animation turns into a heavy R2. Fun while it lasted, anyway!

quote:

On the plus side you can find the pyromancy trainer in the Undead Settlement and quickly start moving over to a pyro build.

Sorcery's real underwhelming but Fire Orb's pretty good so that's what I'm doing at the moment.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 15, 2016

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Shindragon posted:

You'll end up going :stare: once you realized the implications of what happen there.

Sometimes I feel like I missed a cutscene between Irithtyll and Anor Londo . Implications of what?

Edit: Oh wait you mean the business with Anri.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I'm curious. Since magic is based off of FP this time around, is there any benefit to buying and slotting more than one copy of the same type of spell? In the other games, doing that would give you additional uses, but I don't know what it might do here and I'm too much of a tightwad to try it out myself. :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What better feeling is there than to sunbro with someone on one boss and then a few hours later after you've progressed and beaten the next one, finding and helping the same person beat the next boss?

Whoever you were, Biggles, you were a good host and I'm glad to have helped. :3:

Said second boss was the first one of the snowy area. God what a neat fight. Sulyvahn stomped me over and over again in the first phase. I saw the second phase once but died in shock and then died a few more times to the first one. But the next time he transformed I was apparently on fire and he and his double proceeded not to touch me for the whole rest of the fight. It was awesome.

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
Turns out that invading isn't so bad! If you kill a Bluecop as an invader you get 2 trophies for your trouble, which is nice.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

1. What is the IRC channel?
2. What stats should I improve as a sorcerer?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i think dancer has killed more people than any boss i've seen so far

this is just dumb

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

immortal flow posted:

Turns out that invading isn't so bad! If you kill a Bluecop as an invader you get 2 trophies for your trouble, which is nice.

I'm liking bluecopping in Irithyll, everyone's on the same page. The host usually has a phantom with him so when the red runs into a pack of enemies it's nice and chaotic and in a weird way it's a fair fight. I've given some forked tongues and got plenty of whatever the bluecop token is called again. If I ever find out where I'm supposed to hand them in I'll probably be due a reward.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Nuggan posted:

There are a bunch? I did it with 2 people.

Ah, I forgot I died and was unembered

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Diogines posted:

1. What is the IRC channel?
2. What stats should I improve as a sorcerer?

IRC is irc.synirc.net #FROMgoons Mibbit link
Or there is a discord channel here.

Level intelligence.

Nuggan fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 15, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Just got summoned in to a host with 2 other phantoms, so 4 player co-op is somehow possible.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Zaphod42 posted:

Just got summoned in to a host with 2 other phantoms, so 4 player co-op is somehow possible.

You use the finger that you buy from the firelink shrine merchant. It lets you have yourself, 3 people summoned, and 2 invaders.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cyberventurer posted:

I'm curious. Since magic is based off of FP this time around, is there any benefit to buying and slotting more than one copy of the same type of spell? In the other games, doing that would give you additional uses, but I don't know what it might do here and I'm too much of a tightwad to try it out myself. :v:

Nope, no benefit. I'm not even sure they'd let you attune more than one copy, since there's no reason to.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Wow, the Old Demon King is really lovely for a pyromancer. I've got him down to a nick of a health a couple of times. I feel like the camera is the worst thing about this boss fight. I've not been locking on at all since that never seems to work for big monsters, but maybe I should try it? I don't know, I keep clipping on his large hammer as I try to get around his backside. If I can stick to his tail I have the most success, but getting there and staying there is a real trick. This is the most difficult boss fight I've had so far in this game, and it really feels like it shouldn't be that tough.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Longsword seems to take to the Refined infusion pretty well. Made it +4 and Refined and it's doing very good work for me.

Sharp might be better after I level Dexterity more but Refined is the best for now.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
I'm glad to see the rolling boulders are back.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

man, multiplayer is messed up. I couldn't summon 2 phantoms for some reason, and I also got invaded twice and no bluebros came either time. Thanks FROM!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

edit: double reply

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Nuggan posted:

I'm glad to see the rolling boulders are back.

Look more closely. Those aren't boulders. Don't give up, skeleton!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Anti-Hero posted:

Wow, the Old Demon King is really lovely for a pyromancer. I've got him down to a nick of a health a couple of times. I feel like the camera is the worst thing about this boss fight. I've not been locking on at all since that never seems to work for big monsters, but maybe I should try it? I don't know, I keep clipping on his large hammer as I try to get around his backside. If I can stick to his tail I have the most success, but getting there and staying there is a real trick. This is the most difficult boss fight I've had so far in this game, and it really feels like it shouldn't be that tough.

Lock on. I made the exact same mistake as you thinking it would hurt, but if you don't lock on the action is obscured by his hammer most of the time. Locking on angles the camera so you can actually see what he's doing.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Hey I got summoned right as I ranked up Aldrich faithful and I never got great deep soul is there a solution or am I hosed?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I was summoned as a blue cop at the Ferran Keep and the invader who was there was just trolling the poo poo out of the host. Going up and down the ladder, running around, running through poop etc. I chased him for a while but we ended up just rolling up into balls and Cheers from different poop islands before I separation crystaled.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Did I just gently caress myself?

I let Yoel of Londor tease out my true strength. I'm reading about this on wiki's and I have no idea what they're trying to say. I get free levels, which I don't really want. But when I die I get more and more hollow and I can't summon people? I got the firekeeper soul and now I can heal the dark sign, but if I do it before I gain a pile of free levels then I'll miss a vendor?

What?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
In Philadelphia for the weekend. No ds3. Gone hollow...

really gonna hit up a bunch of cool museums tho

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Philthy posted:

Did I just gently caress myself?

I let Yoel of Londor tease out my true strength. I'm reading about this on wiki's and I have no idea what they're trying to say. I get free levels, which I don't really want. But when I die I get more and more hollow and I can't summon people? I got the firekeeper soul and now I can heal the dark sign, but if I do it before I gain a pile of free levels then I'll miss a vendor?

What?

You can summon people. Hollow is not incompatible with embers. The only mechanical downside I have seen so far is cosmetic.

Yoel is a good friend. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Nuggan posted:

You use the finger that you buy from the firelink shrine merchant. It lets you have yourself, 3 people summoned, and 2 invaders.

I know about the finger, its not that simple. Sometimes you can only summon one and then you have to use the finger to summon 2. Its inconsistent. First I've seen 4 friendly players.

And before somebody says its based on hollowing, I don't have any hollowing. Usually only get 1 summon unless using the ring. Maybe its based on zone?