Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Latest veloster turbo at Tork motorsports is getting crazy.

Christobevii3 fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I would love to get mine tuned by him but can't afford that right nowwww

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Christobevii3 posted:

Latest veloster turbo at Tork motorsports is getting crazy.

I loving loathe when they plot speed instead of rpm.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

iwentdoodie posted:

THIS.

But those are some pretty sweet numbers from the little 1.6 in there. Burnout city I bet, even at stock levels it sucks at putting power down. Reliability can't be that good either at those levels.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

"How much did it make?" "Oh, 200 at 80 miles an hour."

The gently caress good does that do for anyone?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I guess that's why they tune Velosters??

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Anyone want a free fiesta/st air filter or cheap 205/40/17 blizzaks? PM me for deets!

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Bajaha posted:

THIS.

But those are some pretty sweet numbers from the little 1.6 in there. Burnout city I bet, even at stock levels it sucks at putting power down. Reliability can't be that good either at those levels.

2013's had weak rods but the 2014+ are ok about 250whp. This is apparently a rebuilt motor he posted later.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah not sure why they do it but it is 4th gear pulls.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I drive by this Focus R all the time during work, finally drive past it with my own car. Old meets new.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Any Australians know where I can get a diverter valve for a mk5 GTI locally?

This is the part im looking for:

https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/ES263879/

you can even get it on amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Pierburg-Turbocharger-Bypass-Cutoff-7-01830-13-0/dp/B00CBKBQBE (although the review that says they got a knockoff slightly freaks me out)

Even with the $$$ shipping its still way cheaper than getting a local shop to do it but I thought I might try and get it from an Australian seller in case its even cheaper...

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Night Danger Moose posted:

I drive by this Focus R all the time during work, finally drive past it with my own car. Old meets new.

is that for real? ive never heard of such a thing...looks nice though

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Qmass posted:

Any Australians know where I can get a diverter valve for a mk5 GTI locally?

This is the part im looking for:

https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/ES263879/

you can even get it on amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Pierburg-Turbocharger-Bypass-Cutoff-7-01830-13-0/dp/B00CBKBQBE (although the review that says they got a knockoff slightly freaks me out)

Even with the $$$ shipping its still way cheaper than getting a local shop to do it but I thought I might try and get it from an Australian seller in case its even cheaper...

Check GFB, not the exact brand part you are looking for but they are an au company.

http://www.gfb.com.au/dealers

MarsellusWallace
Nov 9, 2010

Well he doesn't WANT
to look like a bitch!
Autoblog:Mazda won't build new Mazdaspeed3 or 6 based on current models
Don't hold your breath for a turbo variant of the Mazda3, apparently.

What a shame - that little Mazda3 really is a joy to drive, I feel like they could have just dropped the 2.5 turbo from the CX9 in and had a solid competitor in the segment. Even with whatever performance loss you might see from redoing the plumbing to fit it in the lower/tighter engine compartment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, those fuckers.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

How dare this tiny low-margin manufacturer not dump resources into developing a super low-volume model that I wouldn't buy anyway?

MarsellusWallace
Nov 9, 2010

Well he doesn't WANT
to look like a bitch!

Wheeee posted:

How dare this tiny low-margin manufacturer not dump resources into developing a super low-volume model that I wouldn't buy anyway?

I'm ordering a FoST in time for my current lease expiration, though? If there was a Mazda3 with more torque at the low/midrange I would absolutely be buying that.

If they'd had some torque in the BRZ I'd have leased or outright bought that two years ago, but here we are.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Wheeee posted:

Hey, man, don't look at me, I bought one. Blue first-gen. Beautiful car, went like hell other than the rough 2-3 shift (probably due to loose nut behind wheel).

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

MarsellusWallace posted:

I'm ordering a FoST in time for my current lease expiration, though? If there was a Mazda3 with more torque at the low/midrange I would absolutely be buying that.

It sucks that the current 'hot' version of the 3 is the diesel - it solves the torque problem at the price of totally ruining everything else.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Speaking of tiny Mazdas. Is the 2 available in the US or are they all pretty much imports? And why is every single one of them green.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
They are not currently selling the 2 in the US. I think they discontinued in 2015.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Cobb AP worth it for a 2014 FoST even if I'm not presently planning on other performance modifications at this time?

I've read some things about it improving various daily-driving attributes (throttle response) but I'm wondering if this is a device I should stay away from if I don't already know exactly what it does (because I don't).

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Hey, man, don't look at me, I bought one. Blue first-gen. Beautiful car, went like hell other than the rough 2-3 shift (probably due to loose nut behind wheel).

Bought a 2nd gen new, it's an obnoxious little turd riced-out from the factory and I love it. I probably would have missed this product cycle if they were going to make one, but you like to see the line continue, you know? And I can't get over the CEO calling it childish. I thought that was the point.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

mariooncrack posted:

They are not currently selling the 2 in the US. I think they discontinued in 2015.

You just buy the Scion iA.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Phy posted:

Bought a 2nd gen new, it's an obnoxious little turd riced-out from the factory and I love it. I probably would have missed this product cycle if they were going to make one, but you like to see the line continue, you know? And I can't get over the CEO calling it childish. I thought that was the point.

I know, right? It just felt great when you were driving it, and sounded great too. Other than the slightly more prominent spoiler and the two creases on the hood (or the paint, if you know the light blue was Mazdaspeed only) the first-gen was indistinguishable from the regular 3 until they hit the gas pedal. Loved. It.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Sad trombone. Time to buy a red one.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Oh noooo. Are you alright?

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Man what happened?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

My guess: someone didn't care that their light turned red as VWF was turning left on a protected green.

edit: although it looks like a glancing blow. Hmmm...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

fyodor posted:

My guess: someone didn't care that their light turned red as VWF was turning left on a protected green.

edit: although it looks like a glancing blow. Hmmm...

Wrong side of the car for that.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

Glad you're safe. Enjoy new car smell!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

BlackMK4 posted:

Wrong side of the car for that.

adjacent traffic not on-coming.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

Airbags popped? If not, probably not a total because of the value

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Agreed. If ab are still intact good chance that gets repaired. Two door skins and a fender and paint.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Don Lapre posted:

Agreed. If ab are still intact good chance that gets repaired. Two door skins and a fender and paint.

Yeah. Hard to tell but may need a couple hours on the rocker, wheel also may have damage with the way the impact went, but I can't see it.

Looks pretty ugly but everything appears to be cosmetic. On the plus side all of those panels (except the rocker) are damaged enough that they'll be replaced, not repaired. Also they're basically a bolt on affair so no cutting the unibody like a quarter.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I was going straight, someone turned left through stopped traffic to the left of me and caught me right in the door.

No air bags popped, but this is what the door pillars look like. I really don't want it back, this drat car is cursed. Someone sideswiped it in the parking lot last Friday.

Hit my head on the door but no other damage. Got my first cat scan too. Since it happened on company time going from one site to another, I got sent to the workers comp doctor.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I had a hit in the ST quite similar on the passenger side and it did not total. If the bags didn't blow it's extremely unlikely that will total. You're looking at a fairly straightforward sectioning job there. It will be expensive but it will be a lot less expensive than the insurance company paying out on the car.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I had a hit in the ST quite similar on the passenger side and it did not total. If the bags didn't blow it's extremely unlikely that will total. You're looking at a fairly straightforward sectioning job there. It will be expensive but it will be a lot less expensive than the insurance company paying out on the car.

Unfortunately that's what I'm guessing. And Colorado has no ability to sue for loss of value. At least if it does get fixed, the shop that is doing the work is one of the best around, and has perfectly matched the paint on my previous 2 metallic silver cars. Either I get a new car, or I will no longer fear having to have rear end in a top hat dings fixed since the car is no longer pristine anyway. I was planning on keeping this one for at least 10 years.

So if something crops up at least all the repairs are warrantied for as long as I have it. Plus the 2 parking lot incidents it had will be covered up by this repair.

Worst part right now is that I'm in a Kia Soul until the Hertz gets something better in. 38k and from Florida. The AC smells like wet dog and the tires are drat near bald.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

veedubfreak posted:

Unfortunately that's what I'm guessing. And Colorado has no ability to sue for loss of value. At least if it does get fixed, the shop that is doing the work is one of the best around, and has perfectly matched the paint on my previous 2 metallic silver cars. Either I get a new car, or I will no longer fear having to have rear end in a top hat dings fixed since the car is no longer pristine anyway. I was planning on keeping this one for at least 10 years.

So if something crops up at least all the repairs are warrantied for as long as I have it. Plus the 2 parking lot incidents it had will be covered up by this repair.

Worst part right now is that I'm in a Kia Soul until the Hertz gets something better in. 38k and from Florida. The AC smells like wet dog and the tires are drat near bald.

Kia Soul, the most ironically-named car?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I think I would refuse a rental car from Florida just on principle alone. Bugs bunny saw.gif