Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Philthy posted:

Did I just gently caress myself?

I let Yoel of Londor tease out my true strength. I'm reading about this on wiki's and I have no idea what they're trying to say. I get free levels, which I don't really want. But when I die I get more and more hollow and I can't summon people? I got the firekeeper soul and now I can heal the dark sign, but if I do it before I gain a pile of free levels then I'll miss a vendor?

What?

This is all optional, but if you take his deal five times before you finish Farron Keep, you'll start a quest line that leads to an alternate ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
How do you get onto the rafters of the deep cathedral? I've tried exploring the zone but can't figure it out. I assume it has something to do with the gates you raise to form platforms, but I can't actually find a way to reach the top of them.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

A Magical Lamp posted:

I'm liking bluecopping in Irithyll, everyone's on the same page. The host usually has a phantom with him so when the red runs into a pack of enemies it's nice and chaotic and in a weird way it's a fair fight. I've given some forked tongues and got plenty of whatever the bluecop token is called again. If I ever find out where I'm supposed to hand them in I'll probably be due a reward.

What level/reinforcement are you getting summons at for Irithyll out of curiosity?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
gently caress you Aldrich and your bullshit phase two arrowstorm/magic missile storm.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Zaphod42 posted:

I know about the finger, its not that simple. Sometimes you can only summon one and then you have to use the finger to summon 2. Its inconsistent. First I've seen 4 friendly players.

And before somebody says its based on hollowing, I don't have any hollowing. Usually only get 1 summon unless using the ring. Maybe its based on zone?

I was wrong when I said it was about hollowing earlier. Its just the finger, it adds +1 summon, for zones with 2 summons it lets you have 3 and for zones with 1 summon it lets you have 2.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Harrow posted:

This is all optional, but if you take his deal five times before you finish Farron Keep, you'll start a quest line that leads to an alternate ending.

On the one hand, I should consider ceasing to read the thread, because you are not the first person to spoil me on that. (At least you black barred it!)

On the other hand, I did the thing long before that point and had an unspoiled reaction to the result, and fully intend to fulfill my buddy's dreams.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Cathedral of the Deep is an insanely cool level, and peak Dark Souls. Now I just need to decide if I want the Astora GS or the Executioner.

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

Genocyber posted:

Look more closely. Those aren't boulders. Don't give up, skeleton!

Oh... oh my.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm playing as the scimitar dude. Tips on how to not suck pls.

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

I love this game but I can't stand skeletons. I can't wait until I'm done with this area. :mad:

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

What level/reinforcement are you getting summons at for Irithyll out of curiosity?

60 +6, I've had blue sentinels on basically all game so I'm probably overlevelled from all the invasions.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Man, the Dancer is such a let down. That boss looked so loving cool in the trailers but when i got in to it she just looked around not doing much of anything while i wailed on her. Ended up killing her in 1 shot. They needed to make her more aggressive and use a get off me move so you can't just hit her rear end forever.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Just killed the Cathedral boss. I heard there's an NPC in this area that lets you respec your poo poo -- where are they? Are they somewhere past those two bigass giants? Is there a way to deal with them that doesn't involve plinking arrows at them forever?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Astora (U)GS looks sweet but the Executioner gets FP back and has a sweet spin attack, so I guess that wins. Surprisingly I have only seen three normal swords; longsword, broadsword, and ISS.

quote:

I know about the finger, its not that simple. Sometimes you can only summon one and then you have to use the finger to summon 2. Its inconsistent. First I've seen 4 friendly players.

I could only summon one in the Cathedral, for whatever reason, hollowing at 19 so I doubt that's it. I also had a dark spirit invade and leave and it didn't tell me.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I'm currently getting my dick kicked in by some frost beast underneath the Undead Settlement. If I've cleared out everywhere else in the area, is that the only path to go? Or am I missing something?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Appoda posted:

Just killed the Cathedral boss. I heard there's an NPC in this area that lets you respec your poo poo -- where are they? Are they somewhere past those two bigass giants? Is there a way to deal with them that doesn't involve plinking arrows at them forever?

From the bonfire go through the shortcut and up the lift to the crossbow undead. Walk rounf the ledge and up the buttress to get to the rafters, then drop down to the wooden ledge on the other side.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Is there a trick to beating the Maneater Mildred looking NPC on Road of Sacrifices? It keeps doing a backstab-looking thing to me, but from the front.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Appoda posted:

They're not as scary as they look. Lure them onto solid ground and nip at their heels until they die.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Another great thing about the zweihander.

It can utterly cheese the abyss watchers because the one handed thrust knocks them down, and you can queue up another before they can get back up.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Stokes posted:

I'm currently getting my dick kicked in by some frost beast underneath the Undead Settlement. If I've cleared out everywhere else in the area, is that the only path to go? Or am I missing something?

I'm pretty sure that's what you have to do now. I'm just finished that area tonight and am psyched to head into the third zone after work tomorrow. There's a trick to that icy beast fight I discovered while running away...

try elevator

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Philthy posted:

Did I just gently caress myself?

I let Yoel of Londor tease out my true strength. I'm reading about this on wiki's and I have no idea what they're trying to say. I get free levels, which I don't really want. But when I die I get more and more hollow and I can't summon people? I got the firekeeper soul and now I can heal the dark sign, but if I do it before I gain a pile of free levels then I'll miss a vendor?

What?

How do you get those? He'll only do it once for me.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

Is there a trick to beating the Maneater Mildred looking NPC on Road of Sacrifices? It keeps doing a backstab-looking thing to me, but from the front.

Stop blocking :v: Let her swing, dodge behind, backstab. If you have a fast weapon, she's not impossible to stagger. She's also tremendously weak to all forms of magic/fire/light/dark, so any infusions/enchantments or spells should help out.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Me in Irithyll right now

wow this place is starting to look a lot like Anor Lond.....wwwooaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

OwlFancier posted:

How do you get those? He'll only do it once for me.

every 2 deaths, up to 5, the last one only takes 1 death

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nuggan posted:

every 2 deaths, up to 5, the last one only takes 1 death

No sorry I mean the free levels.

Or, did I gently caress it up by healing the darksign?

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.

OwlFancier posted:

No sorry I mean the free levels.

Or, did I gently caress it up by healing the darksign?

You get the free levels by dying, like I said, and then talking to him. Yes, healing the dark sign ruined it for you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Should I take the free levels

Is the only downside the look (which is cureable anyway)?

eonwe fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 15, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

Where is she? I've seen her mentioned a few times but managed to miss her every time I died and ran through the area.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nuggan posted:

You get the free levels by dying, like I said, and then talking to him. Yes, healing the dark sign ruined it for you.

Ah, right, OK.

He stopped giving me the option, I didn't know what the darksign did so I healed it, but it kind of looked like it was a curse or something because I still have the option to heal one, so i figured I'd got it from something in the world

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Fashion souls question; what piece of chest gear do you guys think is closest to a brown apron?

Nuebot posted:

Where is she? I've seen her mentioned a few times but managed to miss her every time I died and ran through the area.

From the first bonfire, progress through the area until you reach the rocky overpass right behind the first harpy priest. In that area, look for a path to the left leading down the cliff face. A hostile NPC will be down there.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

The addition of weapon upgrade gating for matchmaking has resulted in my actually being able to beat invaders because I'm not facing ultra optimized opponents. I've beaten every watchdog / red orb combo that's come at me in the Road in my quest to kill those drat crabs.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
lol ballsac

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Fashion souls question; what piece of chest gear do you guys think is closest to a brown apron?

How's that?

also wasn't the guy that made Gibbed a goon? I feel like he was

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Any tips on what stats to build for a crusader? I want to kill things with my spear.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Thumbtacks posted:

also wasn't the guy that made Gibbed a goon? I feel like he was
Gibbed is his username, even

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Does faith get good for anything other than extra heals later in the game? All of the early offensive stuff seems to suck rear end!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Ignimbrite posted:

Gibbed is his username, even

you know that would make sense

i hope he gets in on it for this one, i ove this game already but i know i'm not going to want to run it 15 times for weird pvp shenanigans

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Me in Irithyll right now

wow this place is starting to look a lot like Anor Lond.....wwwooaaaaahhhhhhhh!

I know right? it's so great. I was fanboying like hell when it happened..

I was like oh are you serious.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I can play offline? My internet is garbage and unstable as hell and I just had the game throw me to the title screen because of the net hiccups, and if that happens during a tough boss fight I'm gonna be rather annoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Emalde posted:

Stop blocking :v: Let her swing, dodge behind, backstab. If you have a fast weapon, she's not impossible to stagger. She's also tremendously weak to all forms of magic/fire/light/dark, so any infusions/enchantments or spells should help out.

That was incredibly easy. I don't know how that didn't occur to me, given that's how I was killing all the birds on the way to her the previous five attempts.

Nuebot posted:

It's near the start of the area, on a path that branches off to the left after you drop off a ledge. There were a large number of warning messages before her path in my game.