Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
My Alpinestars gauntlets (sp1, I think) are starting to wear a bit and every day I fight the urge to buy some grey and blue Revit Cayenne gloves... :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Put stickers on everything gently caress the haters

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Sagebrush posted:

(Where does everyone put the manufacturer stickers? I stick them all on my toolboxes)
Same. Thought about putting it on my three legged cat, but she's not winning any time trials anytime soon

I know that all of you in the promised land of perpetual sunshine social progress don't have this problem, but for anyone else commuting in on 30° mornings, this half balaclava is utterly fantastic for keeping the neck and chin warm. Originally bought it for winter bicycle commuting, and it is just the ticket for this cruel, snowy fake spring bs we've got going on

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EX250 Type R posted:

Put stickers on everything gently caress the haters

not an empty quote

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

So I plan on moving into Philly relatively soon and I'm worried about protecting my bike. Hopefully I can find an apartment with a small back yard but otherwise I'm going to be parking my bike on the sidewalk.
What do you guys recommend for security? Are u-locks pretty effective or should I stick with disc locks? Also I've heard of people drilling into the sidewalk to add hooks and things that you can chain your bike to.

Triumph sells this u-lock that fits into a groove inside the tail of my street triple for storage so that seems kind of useful. https://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/various/id-A9810006/Triumph_U_Lock_270mm

They also sell this alarm immobilizer but I have no idea if this is actually useful or not. It's very expensive. https://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/various/id-A9808112/Alarm_Immobilizer

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Partial Octopus posted:

So I plan on moving into Philly relatively soon and I'm worried about protecting my bike. Hopefully I can find an apartment with a small back yard but otherwise I'm going to be parking my bike on the sidewalk.
What do you guys recommend for security? Are u-locks pretty effective or should I stick with disc locks? Also I've heard of people drilling into the sidewalk to add hooks and things that you can chain your bike to.

Triumph sells this u-lock that fits into a groove inside the tail of my street triple for storage so that seems kind of useful. https://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/various/id-A9810006/Triumph_U_Lock_270mm

They also sell this alarm immobilizer but I have no idea if this is actually useful or not. It's very expensive. https://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/various/id-A9808112/Alarm_Immobilizer

cover cover cover cover cover cover cover cover cover [pretend I typed cover a thousand more times]

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

builds character posted:

cover cover cover cover cover cover cover cover cover [pretend I typed cover a thousand more times]

Always.

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

Hey Inu! I'm cross-shopping Scorpion's Covert Pro jeans against Rev'It Phillies. Would you have any insight into which is going to fit more like a pair of 501s? (38x34 STF, but the shrunk waist is ~39") Also, would the Rev'It jeans be enough of an upgrade in materials and protection to be worth the price premium?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Partial Octopus posted:

Get insurance that covers theft, because it's going to get stolen. Locks and chains just slow them down a little. Bolt cutters are not hard to get. 2 dudes can lift an immobilized bike into a van, etc.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
So I have an issue with heat. I'd like to get a new jacket, have access to dealer pricing with icon and alpinestars. The heat here can't get up to 120F in the summer, and while I usually don't ride when it gets that hot, I still have to ride in 100+ temps often. I have a black leather jacket that I love for colder weather but I need something better. I'm looking at the T-GP pro air from A*. Anything else anyone would recommend?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I wonder if it's possible to get one of those metal bicycle lockers (the kind that looks like a miniature shed/coal bunker) that's big enough to fit a motorbike in, and opens in a way that makes it practical to get the thing in and out. That could be good.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Renaissance Robot posted:

I wonder if it's possible to get one of those metal bicycle lockers (the kind that looks like a miniature shed/coal bunker) that's big enough to fit a motorbike in, and opens in a way that makes it practical to get the thing in and out. That could be good.

Don't know if you have them over on your side of the pond, but we've had that sort of thing for decades here. We call them garages :v:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

There is, but I can't remember what it's called. It's basically got a front wheel clamp like a (proper) motorbike trailer on a tray that slides in and out of a big metal box. Let me ask my mate who was raving about his.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

M42 posted:

Inu, make revzilla stop sending me sticker sheets, I have like 38 :derp:
We're in the same boat. They send them with employee purchases too. I have a handful of them and nothing to do with them.

HotCanadianChick posted:

Send 'em to me, I could completely cover the smashed fairings from my SV in the stickers and take a picture to submit to them. Though, that would mean I'd have to dig the fairings out of the recycling bin before friday.
If you really want stickers, I can send you as many as your heart desires. Just PM me your address or RevZilla account email and I can get 'em out.

Chichevache posted:

My Alpinestars gauntlets (sp1, I think) are starting to wear a bit and every day I fight the urge to buy some grey and blue Revit Cayenne gloves... :ohdear:
Cayenne Pro gloves are loving sick. One of the few "short" (they're more mid-length) gloves I'd own. Buy them. HTH.

Partial Octopus posted:

I looked into this very heavily back when I was still planning on moving my bike up here and leaving it on the street. My R6 is as flashy as they come, so I put together the strongest setup I could find. If you want to do it right, you're going to have to drop some cash. If you skimp on anything, you're creating an easy point of failure and it defeats the purpose of spending $$$ on other pieces.

Lock: Kryptonite New York Legend. 16mm links (even Abus' premiere lock is only 12mm - though I realize thickness isn't everything (:v:)). The lock mechanism is also recessed. Those were the 2 reasons I chose that lock.

Anchor: Oxford Rota Force. This fucker is 26mm thick. As far as weak points go, the anchor will not loving be it. You'll need to rent a hammer drill or have a contractor install it. Kryptonite and Abus have 16mm and achors that fold flat when you're not using them, if you want something that somebody can't trip over or some other reason.

There are a million and a half disc locks; I'd just get one that is at LEAST $50 (Ideally $100 range).

Always cover the bike and lock the steering. The chain should be elevated off the ground so a thief can't freeze it and sledgehammer it off. You must run the chain through the frame/subframe/other non-removable part. Disc lock goes through the rear wheel - you will not be able to get past a quality disc lock, so they will have to pull the rotor off, which is a serious hassle when it's on the rear.

What all of this accomplishes is: 1) Casual thieves can't drive by and see your bike because it's covered. 2) They have to loosen the rear wheel, pull off the rear rotor, and suppress the disc lock alarm. 3) They have to bring some SERIOUS, SERIOUS equipment to get through the chain. Regular boltcutters aren't going to cut it. We're talking something that is far too large to carry walking down the street, and since the chain is elevated, it will be hard to get leverage. They may even need power tools to get through the chain. 4) With a ground anchor, there is no possible way for the attachment point to be the weak point. It's as secure as attaching it to a telephone pole.

At the end of the day, yeah, any thief who truly wants your bike will get it. I don't recall what bike you have, but unless it's a later model sportbike, most people aren't even going to gently caress with it when there are so many layers of security. When you need to drive up in a van with hundreds of dollars in specialized tools, unbolt tons of poo poo from the bike, and generally make yourself visible for extended periods of time, you're most likely just going to ignore it and grab the R6 down the road that's attached to a stop sign with a bicycle lock.

And of course, always have full coverage.

Source: Friend went to MMI in Orlando, where bike theft is huge. He knew tons of shop owners/instructors/ex-bike thieves and learned all of the tricks. Even expensive GPS trackers with dummy wires can be neutralized extremely easily if it's someone who knows their poo poo

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

Hey Inu! I'm cross-shopping Scorpion's Covert Pro jeans against Rev'It Phillies. Would you have any insight into which is going to fit more like a pair of 501s? (38x34 STF, but the shrunk waist is ~39") Also, would the Rev'It jeans be enough of an upgrade in materials and protection to be worth the price premium?
Covert Pros are the best bang-for-your-buck jean out there, but they are baggy as gently caress. Phillies are pretty close to a 501, and Austins are a tad more tapered than that. Rev'it jeans use their proprietary PWR|Shield instead of kevlar, which is thinner, less itchy, and have a bit more abrasion resistance than kevlar. Rev'it jeans stretch more and are more comfortable. If you've got the cash and prefer the cut, Phillies or Austins are worth it.

Some fit pics for you (I have a short (30") inseam, so they're long which makes them appear even baggier than normal):

Covert Pro

Cuffed

Philly

Cuffed

For some sort of reference, here are my normal jeans (Naked&Famous Superskinny Guy Stretch; basically a slimmer 511)

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

-Inu- posted:

Words, but none that help Jebus.

Any idea on hot weather tops? Any recs for extra hot weather?

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

El Jebus posted:

Any idea on hot weather tops? Any recs for extra hot weather?
For the brands you can get dealer pricing on, T-GP Pro Air (I loving despise A/S naming convention) or Anthem 2 will be your best bet. Mostly comes down to your build and which will fit you best.

If you're willing to stray from those brands, I think the Dai Airframe is the best venting mesh jacket on the market. If you look at the pics you'll see what I mean.

With that said, above a certain temp/speed, you're actually cooler by not having ventilation. But I haven't taken thermo in years and it's a big ordeal where you have to factor in ambient temp/speed/humidity/sweat evaporation. Probably some good articles on it online.

edit: Would anyone be interested in a list of summer gear that I like the most this year? I can do a low/mid/high budget if there's interest.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

-Inu- posted:

For the brands you can get dealer pricing on, T-GP Pro Air (I loving despise A/S naming convention) or Anthem 2 will be your best bet. Mostly comes down to your build and which will fit you best.

If you're willing to stray from those brands, I think the Dai Airframe is the best venting mesh jacket on the market. If you look at the pics you'll see what I mean.

With that said, above a certain temp/speed, you're actually cooler by not having ventilation. But I haven't taken thermo in years and it's a big ordeal where you have to factor in ambient temp/speed/humidity/sweat evaporation. Probably some good articles on it online.

edit: Would anyone be interested in a list of summer gear that I like the most this year? I can do a low/mid/high budget if there's interest.
Your posts are good.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

What was the verdict on the Elsinore boots? I think my question got buried by the AnthonyMix.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

-Inu- posted:

I looked into this very heavily back when I was still planning on moving my bike up here and leaving it on the street. My R6 is as flashy as they come, so I put together the strongest setup I could find. If you want to do it right, you're going to have to drop some cash. If you skimp on anything, you're creating an easy point of failure and it defeats the purpose of spending $$$ on other pieces.

Lock: Kryptonite New York Legend. 16mm links (even Abus' premiere lock is only 12mm - though I realize thickness isn't everything (:v:)). The lock mechanism is also recessed. Those were the 2 reasons I chose that lock.

Anchor: Oxford Rota Force. This fucker is 26mm thick. As far as weak points go, the anchor will not loving be it. You'll need to rent a hammer drill or have a contractor install it. Kryptonite and Abus have 16mm and achors that fold flat when you're not using them, if you want something that somebody can't trip over or some other reason.

There are a million and a half disc locks; I'd just get one that is at LEAST $50 (Ideally $100 range).

Always cover the bike and lock the steering. The chain should be elevated off the ground so a thief can't freeze it and sledgehammer it off. You must run the chain through the frame/subframe/other non-removable part. Disc lock goes through the rear wheel - you will not be able to get past a quality disc lock, so they will have to pull the rotor off, which is a serious hassle when it's on the rear.

What all of this accomplishes is: 1) Casual thieves can't drive by and see your bike because it's covered. 2) They have to loosen the rear wheel, pull off the rear rotor, and suppress the disc lock alarm. 3) They have to bring some SERIOUS, SERIOUS equipment to get through the chain. Regular boltcutters aren't going to cut it. We're talking something that is far too large to carry walking down the street, and since the chain is elevated, it will be hard to get leverage. They may even need power tools to get through the chain. 4) With a ground anchor, there is no possible way for the attachment point to be the weak point. It's as secure as attaching it to a telephone pole.

At the end of the day, yeah, any thief who truly wants your bike will get it. I don't recall what bike you have, but unless it's a later model sportbike, most people aren't even going to gently caress with it when there are so many layers of security. When you need to drive up in a van with hundreds of dollars in specialized tools, unbolt tons of poo poo from the bike, and generally make yourself visible for extended periods of time, you're most likely just going to ignore it and grab the R6 down the road that's attached to a stop sign with a bicycle lock.

And of course, always have full coverage.

Source: Friend went to MMI in Orlando, where bike theft is huge. He knew tons of shop owners/instructors/ex-bike thieves and learned all of the tricks. Even expensive GPS trackers with dummy wires can be neutralized extremely easily if it's someone who knows their poo poo

A battery powered set of hydraulic bolt cutters is relatively cheap and goes straight through a chain. A wet phone book over the disk brake alarm, and the entire thing gets lifted straight up into a van pulled up next to the bike by 2 reasonably strong guys.

Insure it and do whatever makes you feel good but all of that noise is a waste of time and money. Security is rated in time, so if you're gonna focus on anything, focus on things that force them to spend time on the street. But electric bolt cutters and the fact that it's pretty easy to lift a bike into a van make them impossible to reasonably secure. Insurance and a garage are your only real protections.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

Z3n posted:

A battery powered set of hydraulic bolt cutters is relatively cheap and goes straight through a chain. A wet phone book over the disk brake alarm, and the entire thing gets lifted straight up into a van pulled up next to the bike by 2 reasonably strong guys.

Insure it and do whatever makes you feel good but all of that noise is a waste of time and money. Security is rated in time, so if you're gonna focus on anything, focus on things that force them to spend time on the street. But electric bolt cutters and the fact that it's pretty easy to lift a bike into a van make them impossible to reasonably secure. Insurance and a garage are your only real protections.
Pro thieves typically won't use a van because they're completely and utterly hosed if there is even the slightest scent of police. If they're on your CBR1000, they can get out of dodge in a hurry and a lot of cops won't chase. But you're right about the hydraulic cutters.

Again, it's about making your bike less appealing to thieves. If it's covered they won't be able to just drive by and see it; they'll have to lift the cover. It's obviously not a big deal whatsoever, but it will keep the casual thieves away. If you've got a burly chain attached to something immobile, you're upping the bar another notch. Same with the disc lock on the rear. The noise isn't a huge factor, but having to loosen the rear axle and not having a ton of space to work to remove the rotor is inconvenient.

I think Philly has one of the highest theft rates in the country, but that's both a good and a bad thing. If you've got a new R1M, you're completely and utterly hosed. 2002 SV650? That's a lot of risk when they could just grab a "better" bike. One thing you can do in the city is store your bike on your porch, if you have one. You can build a makeshift ramp out of plywood and 2x4's. Roll the bike up the ramp and either chain it to an anchor or fill a 50gal trashcan with cement and chain it to that.

But yes, at the end of the day, insurance is the only thing guaranteed to save you. That's one reason my bike is 800 miles away and now exclusively a track bike. I determined it wasn't worth the risk.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

What was the verdict on the Elsinore boots? I think my question got buried by the AnthonyMix.
Yeah, sorry! The build quality on the new Elsinore's seems to be better than the old ones. Haven't had as many issues, from what I'm told.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

I think I'll just keep it at my parents in the suburbs 40 minutes away. It really doesn't seem worth the risk at all.

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

-Inu- posted:

Jeans stuff

Thanks, that's helpful! I'm going with the Rev'Its, I guess, since I have about $250 in Cycle Gear credit. Is it pretty easy to get the knee armor to sit where it needs to be?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/56603/i/speedway-motor-shelters-motorcycle-shelter

This thing's kinda cool, too. Too bad it's vaporware though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDc3H-UMm6s

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Mine is made of brick and wood and it's called a garage. I like it, the door opens itself.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

clutchpuck posted:

Mine is made of brick and wood and it's called a garage. I like it, the door opens itself.

I'm parked in a garage right now, and it's great. Problem is it isn't mine and it's not big enough for both a bike and a car, so at some point (probably right around when I'd want it most for the weather protection) I'm going to get turfed out.

That said I don't really have anywhere to put a small shed either. British suburbia is poo poo like that. Outdoor passages through to the back are only on every other pair of houses, but even if we had one they're not wide enough to accommodate a bike. So for now I'll just have to eat the insurance cost of having it on the street.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

It's funny that renting a garage would be $50/month (at the ABSOLUTE minimum - probably closer to $80+ if it's not a shack in the woods), so $600/year. With current airline prices, I can roundtrip PHL<-> ATL for $100-$120, which means 5 trips is the same price as a garage. Depending on where/how many days you go, that's 5-15 trackdays/year. Add to the fact that there are only 3 tracks <4 hours from PHL, compared to 7+ tracks <4 hours from ATL (with 2 of those being loving Barber and Road A), it somehow makes financial and logistical sense to house my bike 800 miles away and fly across the coast every time I want to do a trackday. What a weird thing.

Maybe the next president will enact universal garage coverage.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
I need to get a new helmet soon. So far I've had experiences with a couple of HJC CL-16s and a CL-17. CL-17 got trashed by a crazy person. The CL-17 was great and I would totally buy it again, but I am not feeling this year's graphics and thought it would be a good time to move on up in quality. I can deal with solid colors on a nicer helmet.

The front runners are the Shoei Qwest and HJC FG-17, but reviews on the Qwest complain about noise and ventilation. I also really want to move up from HJC. Is there anything I should be looking at in the ~$400 range? Shoei, HJC, Bell, and Scorpion are what the shop near me stocks.

It should go without saying, but I realize fit is most important!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The Shoei Qwest is an ancient helmet design. Just go with the RF-1200 if you end up with a Shoei. It's so much better. Everyone sells them for 10% off MSRP,, so it's $440 for a gloss white, black, or silver.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
I bought a Schubert E1, expensive helmet but I saved about 350 USD by buying it in Germany on a trip there rather than getting it in Norway. It's the all black version, but I'll play with plastic dip or get some reflective elk stickers to put on it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

astrollinthepork posted:

I need to get a new helmet soon. So far I've had experiences with a couple of HJC CL-16s and a CL-17. CL-17 got trashed by a crazy person. The CL-17 was great and I would totally buy it again, but I am not feeling this year's graphics and thought it would be a good time to move on up in quality. I can deal with solid colors on a nicer helmet.

The front runners are the Shoei Qwest and HJC FG-17, but reviews on the Qwest complain about noise and ventilation. I also really want to move up from HJC. Is there anything I should be looking at in the ~$400 range? Shoei, HJC, Bell, and Scorpion are what the shop near me stocks.

It should go without saying, but I realize fit is most important!

I once had a CL-16 that fit well, and now I wear an RF-1200 and it fits me perfectly. Great helmet. You should get one.

If you get a white one, you can cut up patterns of reflective adhesive vinyl and make the helmet look however you want.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Anyone else know of a helmet with a similar internal shape to the Icon Airmada? I'd like to get something with an internal sun visor and its pretty much perfect for me otherwise.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Aw hell yeah found some SIIIIIKKKK graphics on an RF-1200 for a decent price. Thanks fellas.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

-Inu- posted:

It's funny that renting a garage would be $50/month (at the ABSOLUTE minimum - probably closer to $80+ if it's not a shack in the woods), so $600/year. With current airline prices, I can roundtrip PHL<-> ATL for $100-$120, which means 5 trips is the same price as a garage. Depending on where/how many days you go, that's 5-15 trackdays/year. Add to the fact that there are only 3 tracks <4 hours from PHL, compared to 7+ tracks <4 hours from ATL (with 2 of those being loving Barber and Road A), it somehow makes financial and logistical sense to house my bike 800 miles away and fly across the coast every time I want to do a trackday. What a weird thing.

Maybe the next president will enact universal garage coverage.

I can get a parking spot in the building opposite mine, if I want.

It's £10,000.

A year.

I love London, I really do, but sometimes I assume the place is some kind of weird Skinner box set up to send me into a murderous rage.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Supradog posted:

reflective elk stickers to put on it.
This need to happen

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I can get a parking spot in the building opposite mine, if I want.

It's £10,000.

A year.

I love London, I really do, but sometimes I assume the place is some kind of weird Skinner box set up to send me into a murderous rage.

I hear land is cheap in Scotland and the people are friendlier and the food is better. :smuggo:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

As Nero Danced posted:

Anyone else know of a helmet with a similar internal shape to the Icon Airmada? I'd like to get something with an internal sun visor and its pretty much perfect for me otherwise.

I fit an Icon Airmada large. I've found one other helmet that fits me comfortably and it is a large AGV K3 SV. The SV means it has the sun visor. They're actually a comparable price to the Airmada as well, so you won't be springing just for the sun visor. Cycle gear carries the helmet so you can try it on there and then buy one with a cool graphic at RevZilla. I'm partial to the Thyrus.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/agv-k-3-sv-helmet-solid

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/agv-k3-sv-thyrus-helmet

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

HotCanadianChick posted:

I hear land is cheap in Scotland and the people are friendlier and the food is better. :smuggo:

One out of three isn't bad

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Chichevache posted:

I fit an Icon Airmada large. I've found one other helmet that fits me comfortably and it is a large AGV K3 SV. The SV means it has the sun visor. They're actually a comparable price to the Airmada as well, so you won't be springing just for the sun visor. Cycle gear carries the helmet so you can try it on there and then buy one with a cool graphic at RevZilla. I'm partial to the Thyrus.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/agv-k-3-sv-helmet-solid

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/agv-k3-sv-thyrus-helmet

Awesome, I'll have to take a look at these. Thanks!

tngffl
May 6, 2008
RF-1200 or a GT-Air? Which should I buy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
RF-1200 is more aggressively shaped than the gt, and you can get the light sensitive shield. Gt has drop down sun visor and (per the Shoei rep) is their "cruiser helmet".
Both are great helmets. Almost the same fit. Pick your favorite.