Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

SpacePig posted:

Besser has this attitude about his own opinions that I just plain don't like, and hearing those opinions met with confusion, or better yet negativity or silence, is a pretty decent source of entertainment for me.

He's Del Close's closest protege, for better or for worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

ArtVandelay posted:

full of former NBA stars.
Eh, most of those guys are undrafted former college players who bounce around between playing in the D-League, trying out for NBA teams on Summer League rosters and playing for various European / Asian clubs. Maybe one or two of them were NBA bench warmers for half a season. They were coached by Nick "Swaggy P" Young, who's had by far the most prolific NBA career of anyone on the team.

That's not to say the game still wasn't hilariously lopsided though.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Apr 15, 2016

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

ArtVandelay posted:

If you go on youtube, you can watch the game with the podcast subbed in of the game in July of 15 where these poor tiny women go against the LA Unified team full of former NBA stars. It's absolutely hilarious.
First half
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMAHS4q6TAs
Second half
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tuVpirVERo

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

ashpanash posted:

He's Del Close's closest protege, for better or for worse.

His voice is gradually shifting towards Del too

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Apparently Twitter decided the newest HDTGM guests should be a Pete Holmes/Cameron Esposito screamathon just in case you didn't already hate Twitter.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Crindee posted:

Apparently Twitter decided the newest HDTGM guests should be a Pete Holmes/Cameron Esposito screamathon just in case you didn't already hate Twitter.

I was going to say "I like Twitter and those guests so this isn't a problem" but now I'm 15 minutes in and Jesus Christ

This thing is two hours long?!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i'm extremely cool.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
:golfclap:

Update us with your wedding photos.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is actually my favorite HDTGM of the past few months.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Homework Explainer posted:

i'm extremely cool.

"Watch out Hannah, Homework Explainer is about to demonstrate value - do NOT be seduced."

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

I'm not sure, exactly, but I know he's mentioned it on the show in the past. His dad was an investment banker and a Democrat in Arkansas, so it was probably a donor/fundraiser relationship.

The only thing I can easily find Googling around relates to his Dad donating some of his art collection to a program shepherded by the Clinton Foundation, which later went sour.

I'm 31 and I will agree, there's too many got-dang passwords these days (though he was bitching about not having his Verizon account password and, moreover, not having a Verizon account, which means he is probably paying his bills by mail...like an 80 year old man.)

I love that the conflict between Besser's and Bill Clinton is over naming the art collection Art Across America vs Art Across Arkansas. Shocking that this man raised Besser.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

JethroMcB posted:

I'm 31 and I will agree, there's too many got-dang passwords these days

Download LastPass or use Firefox (possibly Chrome's) internal auto password saver.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Unless it's a joke (and I don't think it is), PFT is sponsoring another team, and a rival of the Shrimps, called the Dandy Longlegs and is going to do a podcast for them. This is going to be the best.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I would want pan both podcasts let and right and listen to them at once.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

ArtVandelay posted:

Unless it's a joke (and I don't think it is), PFT is sponsoring another team, and a rival of the Shrimps, called the Dandy Longlegs and is going to do a podcast for them. This is going to be the best.

It is a joke. From the latest episode of shrimps radio, even.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Marketed Gum posted:

It is a joke. From the latest episode of shrimps radio, even.

Well drat, I want it to be true now. I'm still catching up. I just started about 4 days ago and i've finally hit September. I'll be caught up soon!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Earwolf should have a softball team. That's a sport that plays well with commentary.

I just pictured PFT showing up in an vintage '40s uniform.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Pistol Shrimps basketball brought to you by Nazis and Jerry's ice cream: Ice cream for hatred.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Also theres like 4 or so teams composed entirely of women from the Los Angeles comedy scene and then a smattering of other non-entertainment related teams. Weirdly I believe they kind of rescued the league because there was a shortage of women basketball teams who were signing up.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

JethroMcB posted:

I was going to say "I like Twitter and those guests so this isn't a problem" but now I'm 15 minutes in and Jesus Christ

Yeah I don't think I made it much further than that, did it get any better?

I do like Pete even if he can get a lil' screamy sometimes, but it felt like if someone wasn't yelling at the top of their lungs it was only because Cameron had managed to completely derail. This is the second podcast appearance of hers I've bailed on lately, which is a bummer, I've usually liked her.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Also theres like 4 or so teams composed entirely of women from the Los Angeles comedy scene and then a smattering of other non-entertainment related teams. Weirdly I believe they kind of rescued the league because there was a shortage of women basketball teams who were signing up.
They only had 3 teams, yeah. LA Weekly had a cover story on it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
For some reason I genuinely thought Pistol Shrimp Radio was a joke, like a fake thing that doesn't exist.

I've never been happier to be wrong

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

For some reason I genuinely thought Pistol Shrimp Radio was a joke, like a fake thing that doesn't exist.

I've never been happier to be wrong

It's Fake Podcast Night down here at Pan-Pacific Park

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

JethroMcB posted:

It's Fake Podcast Night down here at Pan-Pacific Park
Brought to you by Patch Stevenson: Steve Carrell takes over the role of the heartwarming doctor who makes children laugh ... On their way out.

Rated R!

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
their refusal to learn the rules of basketball, and just naming the referee calls after dance moves, and naming the referees themselves, it's all weird and different and hilarious

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Ahahaha I'm not a big fan of Mike Lawrence but I figured hey, HH is so good that I'm sure I'll like this one just fine!

Hayes and Sean just spent about three minutes at the top of the show talking about how good Mike is, and how he clearly gets the show, and how he has instant chemistry with them, and that we should definitely listen and not turn it off, and now I'm kinda afraid to proceed for fear that we have another Pauly Shore incident here.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The episode is fine

And, heck, it's probably one of my faves in the last few months

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
It was pretty bad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This is our chance to get on next week's eh wrong segment

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

It wasn't Pauly Shore level bad but I love how they call it out. Maybe he was tired from this being the 4th podcast in two days he's guested on my feed.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It's a good litmus of what Hayes and Sean can do when the guest gives bare minimum.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

padijun posted:

their refusal to learn the rules of basketball, and just naming the referee calls after dance moves, and naming the referees themselves, it's all weird and different and hilarious

You mean the toot-toots?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

padijun posted:

and brought to you by adult doo-doo drugs

Am I going nuts or did they announce last week that Matt wouldn't be on this one? Because he is.

oh, that's next week

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Apr 20, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
4/20: My favorite I4H day of the year.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

GobiasIndustries posted:

4/20: My favorite I4H day of the year.
Somewhat bummed of this ep. Or bummed in the sense that it was really really good, but I think it could have been slightly better with/or the 420 all-stars: Morris, Gemberling and Gabrus, and in studio instead of live.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hard Nation is pretty good if anyone hasn't been listening (PFT was on last week as Ted Cruz + today was Mary Holland as Sarah Palin)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Zsinjeh posted:

Somewhat bummed of this ep. Or bummed in the sense that it was really really good, but I think it could have been slightly better with/or the 420 all-stars: Morris, Gemberling and Gabrus, and in studio instead of live.

Yeah I was looking forward to this ep too and am a little underwhelmed. Not bad, just not as funny as the last couple have been.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Explaining Where's Waldo and the the ensuing 15 minute, rambling scene which somehow ended with a Subway employee being told not to sell boxes of straws to customers, along with Mookie's encyclopedic knowledge of Subway's menu was pretty great. I really enjoyed the other scenes but this one is on my best-of list right now. I missed the traditional cast but Mookie & Walsh, both high, are really really fun, plus Colton Dunn & Billy Merritt.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Help Im Alive posted:

Hard Nation is pretty good if anyone hasn't been listening (PFT was on last week as Ted Cruz + today was Mary Holland as Sarah Palin)

I've really been enjoying it, who are the bros?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

JethroMcB posted:

Cameron Esposito continues to prove she is insanely unfunny and interjecting her weird and untimely feminist political jargon in the middle of funny and good bits is incredibly annoying.