Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Raserys posted:

At least two of Part 4's most beloved characters are introduced by loving with Koichi

loving with precious Koichi is basically a Duwang Gang initiation ceremony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

I hope that they add a bit with rohan in the OP when he becomes an ally

I'm pretty sure they will. Rohan's a Big Deal (with good reason, he's great).

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

KOICHI: Oh poo poo, I'm sorry.
ROHAN: Sorry for what?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Baal posted:

Someone get me an AV of Jotaro and Star Platinum pointing in the OP preferably a gif

Someone do this for him but please take it from this version of the OP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cumilVNBe3s

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

i'm koichi

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yukako lazily slapping josuke in the face

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I kinda wish yukako had played a bigger role. as it stands, it's just yukako kidnapping and torturing koichi and then koichi being like "eh she's not THAT bad" during the cinderella arc

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

FirstAidKite posted:

I kinda wish yukako had played a bigger role. as it stands, it's just yukako kidnapping and torturing koichi and then koichi being like "eh she's not THAT bad" during the cinderella arc

Poor Koichi doesn't know how to tell his friends he's into some weird stuff

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm at least looking forward to possible extra scenes of the Part 4 side characters getting some more screen time kind of like how Kakyoin got to exposit more about locations and the conversation with Suzi Q & Jotaro.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I look forward to regular meals at Tonio's

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I hope Yukako has a super prominent part in the opening, but her role isn't expanded on in the slightest

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Reading Part 7. Up to Hot Pants intro. It’s so good.

Still not sure I can resist the urge to describe it as "man touches other man's balls, rises to occasion," though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So I just checked, and even though he should be married by now, Jotaro is not wearing a ring in the anime. It doesn't seem like David to pass up on a nice detail like that.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

So I just checked, and even though he should be married by now, Jotaro is not wearing a ring in the anime. It doesn't seem like David to pass up on a nice detail like that.

Jotaro is like all human beings and has his flaws

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you can still have children out of wedlock

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Wow, Ringo is kind of bullshit.

It’s a shame there's no way he could fight DIO. I want to see how their Stands interact.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The Sandman posted:

Wow, Ringo is kind of bullshit.

It’s a shame there's no way he could fight DIO. I want to see how their Stands interact.

It's not that complicated. DIO either kills or incapacitates him in the frozen time or Ringo undoes everything when time resumes.

But then that means DIO can just stop time again.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I'm more interested in DIO interacting with Rohan and having him suffer through "I will not attack Rohan Kishibe."

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

BaDandy posted:

I'm more interested in DIO interacting with Rohan and having him suffer through "I will not attack Rohan Kishibe."

Rohan's just browsing through the pages when suddenly, "...wait, what's this about an orangutan?"

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I love how pragmatic Rohan is with Heaven's Door.

Literally every time someone suspicious shows up he's immediately like 'You may not attack Rohan Kishibe!'

It only ever works on two people but the fact it never works makes it even funnier.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

BaDandy posted:

You say this as if they wouldn't make great friends.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Rohan feels really overpowered until you remember Josuke's plan was to run at Rohan with his eyes closed and just have Crazy Diamond go nuts and that probably would have worked honestly

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Really if Rohan had been one of the Egyptian god it wouldn't feel out of place at all.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why does Rohan need your eyes to be open for his power to work again? I thought he just slaps your face open into a book.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Why does Rohan need your eyes to be open for his power to work again? I thought he just slaps your face open into a book.

In its original form heavens door required the target to see Rohan's art.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

its ability only activates when you see it or an image of it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

Maybe they're having marital problems already and Jotaro's doing his thesis and solving a murder mystery as an excuse to get away from all those problems.

I kinda like that. Jotaro can't be assed to get his doctorate until it's the only excuse he has left to get away from his family life.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

mr. stefan posted:

In its original form heavens door required the target to see Rohan's art.

I love the part where he just draws in the air and that somehow works.

It's basically a formality.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Begemot posted:

I love the part where he just draws in the air and that somehow works.

He draws fast enough that you can see the image of his stand. It's like how if you wave a laser fast enough you can draw pictures with it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

FirstAidKite posted:

He draws fast enough that you can see the image of his stand. It's like how if you wave a laser fast enough you can draw pictures with it.

Rohan is just so good at drawing he doesnt need pen or paper to make images.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Rohan goes to the louvre is canon right? I wonder if the anime will have rohan say he only just got his stand or if they'll go with the explanation in Rohan at the Louvre

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's better to assume that anything that isn't labelled with Part [X] at some point is non-canon.

They're definitely going to go with the anime explanation, either way.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/82913

Rumours that Diamond is Unbreakable will be 13 blurays.

That means 52 episodes is likely, as SDC as 12 disks, 4 eps each. The dates given may suggest that there's no break between cours 2 and 3 though.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Apr 15, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What if the Blu-Rays are 3 episodes each instead this time?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Then it's the MAGIC 39

but they supposedly said that nothing is being cut and the pacing is similar to SDC, so 39 isn't close to enough for DiU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk there's plenty of stand fights you could turn into one episode affairs, Part 4 isn't really in need of a full four cours. Not that SC is either, but that thing's basically a national treasure at this point.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Apr 15, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

didn't the angelo stuff end faster than people were expecting, anyways? like, i definitely could be wrong, but i remember people calling for the first episode being the intro and then two for angelo or something of the sort.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like off the top of my head all of Koichi's early encounters, the animal fights, and hell even fights like Enigma honestly can be condensed into an episode pretty easily.

Actually Yukako might have to be two episodes it's a little longer than I remember. But Hazamada and Tamamo are an easy 1.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Apr 15, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yukako's about the same length as the Niji bros and Sheer Heart Attack yeah. There's still a full chapter of Angelo to go, and it's going to be pretty dialogue heavy.

I do wonder if they're going to show SDC clips of DIO/Enya or whether they've knocked up a Part 4 art design for them though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/82913

Rumours that Diamond is Unbreakable will be 13 blurays.

That means 52 episodes is likely, as SDC as 12 disks, 4 eps each. The dates given may suggest that there's no break between cours 2 and 3 though.

Everyday day I count myself blessed that I am not an anime fan in Japan. they get the raw end of the deal, hilariously overpriced home releases and no streaming services.

Do they have DVRs or Redbox?

Also how much does a manga volume count compared to the American 12-20$?