Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Spongebob premiered in May of 1999. I reject it from the '90s Kids Squids canon.

I guess this was inevitable after the deluge of Spongebob memes that pervaded Splatoon's early months.

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
only 90 squids

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

only 90 squids

Corrected.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I haven't played this game in so long.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

yes hello, i want to play and get good at civ 5 but i'm still bad at it, newbie tips please

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Lizard Wizard posted:

yes hello, i want to play and get good at civ 5 but i'm still bad at it, newbie tips please

I think India(?) is a good choice for a civ because their special unit is Workers and Workers never stop being useful. If you're going for a violent take over of the world I don't have much advice, I'm a peace not war kinda guy but I'm pretty sure the German tanks are powerful if that's your bag. Disclaimer: I am not good at Civilization games.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I haven't played this game in so long.

I come back to it every couple months and enjoy it for a week or so until I get grouped up in a lobby full of level 50 japanese players and half my shots don't register and I spontaneously combust when an enemy so much as looks in my direction, then I ragequit for a couple months until I forget why I got so mad at videogames.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lizard Wizard posted:

put your shoulder to the wheel

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

befriend gandhi

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gandhi gets elephants or something, not workers. I think you're thinking of Civ IV

Here's my Civ V pro-tip: food is king

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Gandhi gets elephants or something, not workers.

It's just an all around good life tip.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

getting into ratchet & clank in a major way after this new game and was wondering which ones are the games of choice for the ps3

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Gandhi is a warmonger" is a silly meme, he's actually a cool dude

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:yikes:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Here's my Civ V pro-tip: food is king

i will keep that principle in mind, thank you.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I wonder if those women actually volunteered to participate, if so then I have no sympathy for them

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Dear Kult,

Paralyzation is not a fun gameplay feature in single player games. gently caress off.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ostentatious posted:

getting into ratchet & clank in a major way after this new game and was wondering which ones are the games of choice for the ps3

the Future games are best (tools of destruction, crack in time, and into the nexus)

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jay Rust posted:

I wonder if those women actually volunteered to participate, if so then I have no sympathy for them

idiocy crosses the gender barrier.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Ostentatious posted:

The single player ones

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

all right i'm playing the mayans, is it a good idea to make a worker straightaway or should i crank out an atlatist first?

E: I GOT A FREE WORKER FROM SOME RUINS, HECK YEAH

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 15, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

all right i'm playing the mayans, is it a good idea to make a worker straightaway or should i crank out an atlatist first?

workers can keep building developments forever so it's good to have a spare hanging out, but lone workers can be kidnapped by any random enemy that passes by. so make an army dude first!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I always make a monument first but it's tough to go wrong

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

what exactly do i need in order to clear out a marsh?

e: nm

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Deep

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

gonna play the eggman mod one of these days

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Around 80% of players I've run across in Dark Souls III are cosplaying as Guts from Berserk. I guess I'm okay with that

I'm currently banging my head against this real mean boss, and it's made all the worst by the horrible run-up to their arena: poo poo's hard

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Just want to add dark souls 3 is great, when you get the bugs worked out. Only down side is, out of 4 people who played it, 1 continued. They all say the first boss is impossible and give up after 3 tries.

They are wusses.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Lime Tonics posted:

Thanks for the heads up, combat in the first game was terri-bad and they should have never had any to begin with. Side missions? :wtf:
It's an open-world game now, so it has side missions. And tower climbing.

Why is everyone someone's girlfriend or fiancee?

They also do not understand proper usage of the word "waifu" apparently.

But it only took God six days?

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Apr 15, 2016

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

The single player ones

wait

there was a multiplayer ratchet and clank game??

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Cardboard Box A posted:

trap sprung gwehe

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I am glad DS3 is so fun because the gameplay footage for open world Mirror's Edge is such a bummer I need something to bring my spirits up. They lifted all the terrible over-done ideas from Ubisoft Oatmeal like map icon collectathons, fetch quests, visual wizard pathing for morons, and boring sludge NPC voice over.

Could it have killed them to do more tightly designed levels, creative mission design (like maybe jumping around dynamic environments?), and improved the core parkour gameplay and combat and had an actual writer take a crack at the story? Apparently.

On first glance I thought it was a mech with potato Jesus head. On second glance now I really don't know what it is.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Cardboard Box A posted:

https://twitter.com/Hideki_Naganuma/status/586718319031386112

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

sprites are 2d and models are 3d

why you gotta use a technical term when there's a whole lot of generalised terms in the english language for look and feel?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Morning games chat.

I played more Dark Souls 3 and set a cathedral on fire. The old lady inside seemed alright with it at least.

In Training posted:

You have to side missions to gain xp and fill out Faith's skill tree to give her more traversal and combat options. And now they have more combat with dudes with little floating health bars. Sigh
That sounds awful. I like skill trees and stuff like that but it doesn't mesh with platformers like Mirror's Edge.

What's everyone's gaming plans for the weekend?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Great Joe posted:

sprites are 2d and models are 3d

why you gotta use a technical term when there's a whole lot of generalised terms in the english language for look and feel?

Whoops, you're totally right. Old habits creeping into my drunk posting. Someone should not mod FF6 so that only the playable characters have the sprites from the iOS remake.

Ostentatious posted:

wait

there was a multiplayer ratchet and clank game??

Yeah, there was a four player one called something like "All For One" where Capt. Quark was playable. I never played it but it was a PS+ title back in the day.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yeah, there was a four player one called something like "All For One" where Capt. Quark was playable. I never played it but it was a PS+ title back in the day.

It is the worst R&C game. Do not play it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good morning games chat. I will go to sleep after gym and when I wake up I will probably play some more FE Fates and record for the lp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So is there anyone who actually enjoys playing mobas

• Locked thread