Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

EponymousMrYar posted:

An interesting Combo I use occasionally is an Extended card with Time Dilation.

That's a given. No, the real next-level AST tech is to stack diurnal a!Benefic, a!Helios, an extended/expanded Bole, then _clip them with a Collective Unconscious_ just long enough for the regen to take hold, then Time Dilation the entire stack.

Can sometimes go gently caress off and just DPS for almost a minute that way, with as much regen as that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hamsterlady posted:

I like how the Scholar used Energy Drain even though they aren't DPSing, which must mean they went OOM. Combined with the 3500 HPS, I guess they were just mashing their Succor key nonstop?

SCHs should be burning "spare" aetherflow stacks on energy drain to keep the mana up.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD
If you're not using Ewer on yourself, you're not casting Gravity and hence are a bad AST.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I have to wonder what they're going to do about the TP problem that some classes are about to have, specifically DRG when skill speed burns them out so quickly.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Balance and Arrow on the full group are really good. I usually just reroll Spears, but sometimes I put them on MCH because it's funny. Bole is the tank buff and lets you DPS for an entire pull if you time-dilation it. Always throw your HoT on a guy before using time-dilation so you can ignore them for an extended period of time.

Try to fish for a Balance/AOE combo during a boss run-up. Spire is your ideal RR card, burn that puppy every time it pops up. Ewer is burned most of the time but if you need mana for more dps or a boss fight that has gone lovely (like, you died or it's ZIGGY and dps is real bad) eat it yourself. I did not know bards liked Ewer, I might pay more attention to that.

Don't over-write the other AST's Balance/AOE combo with your loving Spear/AOE combo like some guy did to me in CT the other day.

That guy.

That.

Guy.

:argh:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Bruticus_(G1) posted:

Bruticus is composed of:
Onslaught (leader)
Brawl
Blast Off
Swindle
Vortex
and sometimes also
Shockwave

... motherfucker.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

mistaya posted:

Balance and Arrow on the full group are really good. I usually just reroll Spears, but sometimes I put them on MCH because it's funny. Bole is the tank buff and lets you DPS for an entire pull if you time-dilation it. Always throw your HoT on a guy before using time-dilation so you can ignore them for an extended period of time.

Try to fish for a Balance/AOE combo during a boss run-up. Spire is your ideal RR card, burn that puppy every time it pops up. Ewer is burned most of the time but if you need mana for more dps or a boss fight that has gone lovely (like, you died or it's ZIGGY and dps is real bad) eat it yourself. I did not know bards liked Ewer, I might pay more attention to that.

Don't over-write the other AST's Balance/AOE combo with your loving Spear/AOE combo like some guy did to me in CT the other day.

That guy.

That.

Guy.

:argh:

I've had someone overwrite my expanded balance with their expanded spear. I was not happy.

I've also had times where I have my deployment 10k adlo shield overwritten by the AST's crappy AOE shield.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Leal posted:

I've had someone overwrite my expanded balance with their expanded spear. I was not happy.

I've also had times where I have my deployment 10k adlo shield overwritten by the AST's crappy AOE shield.

Why was the AST even in noct with a SCH in the group? That doesn't make any sense at all...

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Leal posted:

If there is a SCH in your party, there is never ever a reason to even be in Noct stance!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Powerbot 5000

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Veks posted:

If you're not using Ewer on yourself, you're not casting Gravity and hence are a bad AST.

I'd argue that the current gear has so much PIE on it that you don't *need* it.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Not only that, but the bay numbers where you fight them in A6 are their original collector's numbers from the Japanese toys.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Hyper Inferno posted:

Not only that, but the bay numbers where you fight them in A6 are their original collector's numbers from the Japanese toys.

This, I did not know. That's great attention to detail.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

mistaya posted:

If there is a SCH in your party, there is never ever a reason to even be in Noct stance!

Mithross posted:

Why was the AST even in noct with a SCH in the group? That doesn't make any sense at all...

Yeah I really don't know WHY they did it, they just DID. I never wanted to strangle someone through the computer as much as I did that day

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The agony of coming *this close* multiple times to a clear, and then having to break for the night because you are already an hour over time and scheduling issues make your next raid time uncertain. :(

Hyper Inferno posted:

I want to believe this is true. This is too perfect to not be true.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 15, 2016

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

it's not true

Blaster was 65, but he's in machinery bay 67

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Is there any significance to the port numbers in Pharos Hard?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

vOv posted:

Pharos Hard

Such a weird dungeon. It's way longer than I would like, butter he gimmick of going from top to bottom was neat and I marked for the enemy named after the FFT dude.

Just my hot take on old content again.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I can not for the life of me get Square to send me my one time password so I can play the trial. Tried two different email providers, GMail and Hotmail, and neither have received a email yet.

Burger McAngus
May 24, 2010

Gordong Dongbay posted:

I can not for the life of me get Square to send me my one time password so I can play the trial. Tried two different email providers, GMail and Hotmail, and neither have received a email yet.

The one time password is just their fancy way of saying authenticator code. You shouldn't need one unless you attached an authenticator to your account.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I've been farming BisEX and I know that he can be killed in one cycle if a melee dps hits LB at just the right time. How can I tell if dps has been good enough for that to happen or if it's a bust? Because it's definitely a commitment. If even one person hops off, everyone will die. And if the dps is weak and you try a one cycle, everyone will die. Or at least I will cause I try the lb. Is there like a % his HP should be at or something? Tonight was the worst.

And if someone has a tip on timing that'd be great as well. I have a hard time figuring when I should stop punching and just start mashing the LB button. Because if I don't contribute, once again, everyone dies. And if I'm even a milisecond late then the animation takes too long.

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 16, 2016

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You shouldn't be farming if you can't kill in a single cycle, so just go all in. If you wipe, tell people to git gud or ditch the group.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

vOv posted:

Is there any significance to the port numbers in Pharos Hard?

They are the ports upon which the game connects to the server.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SwissArmyDruid posted:

They are the ports upon which the game connects to the server.

Figured.

Also yeah BisEx could be single-shotted even when 210 weapons were for hardcore raiders only; now that ilvl inflation has happened if your group can't one-shot it then they're a bunch of bads.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Burger McAngus posted:

The one time password is just their fancy way of saying authenticator code. You shouldn't need one unless you attached an authenticator to your account.

I wish that was the case but it won't allow me to create my account without the confirmation code. I don't get why I can't get them to send me one.

Edit: Finally got it to email me with a Yahoo email of all things.

Gordong Dongbay fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 16, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The carapace was single shot back when everyone had i180 weapons. If you're group is struggling at 200+, either people aren't pushing buttons or people aren't getting on his back.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Mr. Nice! posted:

The carapace was single shot back when everyone had i180 weapons. If you're group is struggling at 200+, either people aren't pushing buttons or people aren't getting on his back.

The Carapace has always been. The Corona was an ambitious two-shot at release, and is decently challenging (but possible) to 1-shot with a farm group nowadays.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I honestly haven't tried to farm it now so I can't say, but i never got a third corona phase even back at i180.

With 230 weapons it shouldn't be difficult.

Anzen
Oct 21, 2010

:mad: Well excuse you, I happen to try and dps as much as I can as healer!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Anzen posted:

:mad: Well excuse you, I happen to try and dps as much as I can as healer!

Speaking of which, I got my first dishonest healer in LLDR yesterday. I've been leveling Paladin recently, and while most healers I get are fine throwing out a few Aeros or other DPS spells from time to time, I got a WHM who was dancing in and out of cleric stance like a boss, and actually making me sweat a little bit. I've never had my HP drop below 30% before unless I had hosed up and let the healer get killed. I ate an overpower from some enemy early on in the dungeon I was in by thinking I had time to stun instead of moving out of the cone, and I was actually killed, because she didn't switch back to heal me fast enough. We each found our rhythm after that, and it was a great run. Lots of good treasure, for the level it was at, so I think the newbies were happy. Aetherial things out the wazoo from coffers scattered about.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The carapace is definitely an easy one shot. The corona was the hard part. Last night was just a poo poo night. Hours of trying to find a group, getting DC'd at one point, and then ending up with 2 groups of bads before calling it a night. And not a single bird drop.

Burn My Dread
Feb 23, 2007

Tear up your fear, the end is coming near, spit it out like a spear, I'll burn your dread
DRKs who refuse to use Darkside are literally worse than Honest Healers

Burn My Dread fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 16, 2016

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Burn My Dread posted:

DRKs who refuse to use Darkside are literally worse than Honest Healers

Wait, 27% unleash? So I'm guessing he just turned on Grit, spammed unleash until dry, and then did... almost nothing to have those kind of DPS numbers.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Agreed, the worst part is that they tend to get really mad when you tell them to turn it on, because bad tanks tend to be huge prima donnas.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Being a prima-donna is the part of the privilege of playing a tank.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

I had to teach a Mentor that they could use Grit alongside Darkside in a Dzemael Darkhold today

they promptly ran themselves out of mana because they had no idea how to manage their mana in the first place, and didn't use any damage reducing cooldowns for the entire run

they didn't take kindly to my question of whether they'd ebayed that Mentor flag

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Grenado Shot, the hot new single-target weaponskill for MCH.

:shepicide:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
What are Aether Mortar and Volley Fire? Just the names the game gives the Turrets' attacks?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

yes, those are the turrets' attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
What's a good way to level alt classes? I generally will just do dungeons on healers and DPS, but I don't really feel like spending several hundred thousand gil to get all HQ leveling gear for my PLD sub-50, so dungeons are probably out because I'd lose aggro, but central highlands and northern thanalan fate parties only show up every so often.

• Locked thread