Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Russad
Feb 19, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

718-720) that pig starter

Is this some sort of inverse list? Cause I know you're not talking poo poo about my buddy Tepig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Mewtwo would not make it to the top of my "handsome" Pokemon list. Mewtwo is ugly as sin.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Mega Ampharos not at #1 handsomest, list clearly compiled by know-nothings.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

you can pet its eyeball.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The most handsome poke is canonically sawk

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Countblanc posted:

who's that girl?

shitty poker hand
Jun 13, 2013

LemonLimeTime posted:

who's that girl?

bianca

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Petting is a normal-type move and thus you can't pet ghosts. sorry.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Eox posted:

Petting is a normal-type move and thus you can't pet ghosts. sorry.

It got changed to Fairy in gen 6.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Alabaster White posted:

Pages ago, but if you're running Sitrus/Harvest Exeggutor, consider swapping out Leaf Storm and Psychic for Leech Seed and Substitute/Protect. SubSeed Harvest Exeggutor is aggravating beyond all belief and borderline immortal if you can't take him out fast, and works well against highly defensive teams. Also consider that your physical attackers are A) very slow or B) choice locked. Perhaps change Arcanine to a bulky set or Gyarados to a Intimidate/Dragon Dance set, and take advantage of potential switches to buff up and have more power and flexibility than a scarf set would have had.

Sounds good. My thinking with Scarf Moxiedos was that one kill made it basically dragon danced for free but it hasn't worked out so well when they can just switch in a resist.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

PSWII60 posted:

I would like to take the time to reach out and slap whoever decided that it was a good idea to put sand pits where you bike around to hatch eggs near the battle maison so that you can't hatch 5 eggs on a single O-power like you could in X & Y.

Ha! I thought I was the only one who thought this :respek:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Hey, was wondering if you guys had any suggestions to make my Shiny Aegislash usable. It had the misfortune of being adamant and having TERRIBLE attack IVs, like single digits. On the other hand, it's got perfect SpA IVs. I had meant to breed a physical aegislash and then this happened. Should I try to salvage the attack and max out EVs and lean on swords dance, or should I make this a special attacker? If a special attacker, what moves do ya'll recommend?

Edit: if it helps, it's got perfect IVs except for Attack because lol.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 15, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't know much about singles but aegislash i've seen have always had flash cannon/shadow ball

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Hey, was wondering if you guys had any suggestions to make my Shiny Aegislash usable. It had the misfortune of being adamant and having TERRIBLE attack IVs, like single digits. On the other hand, it's got perfect SpA IVs. I had meant to breed a physical aegislash and then this happened. Should I try to salvage the attack and max out EVs and lean on swords dance, or should I make this a special attacker? If a special attacker, what moves do ya'll recommend?

Statistically you still have yourself a physical attacker, but the numbers are very, very marginal (if I didn't gently caress up): with IVs set to 1 for attack and 31 for special attack, at 252 EVs you're looking at 185 attack versus 179 SpA at level 100, before Stance Change.

So basically you can do whatever you want with it! I had success with a pretty bland set in doubles back near the beginning of XY (Weakness Policy with Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon, Wide Guard, King's Shield). But I'm trash garbage at Pokemon, so someone in here probably has more insight in this day and age, or actually for singles.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LemonLimeTime posted:

who's that girl?

asking for a friend huh

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The White Dragon posted:

asking for a friend huh

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Diet Poison posted:

Good looking mons

I'm sorry man, you have quite a collection but it doesn't look like anything I want.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

A lot of dogs on the handsome list, but no Entei?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Always seemed like a lion/sabretooth to me

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

He's a good dog.

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

sharrrk posted:

i would like to pet a flareon. it looks very soft and warm

I can't believe you replaced Rapidash like that, Mr. Chairman.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

If you believe it's a dog it's a dog.

Pikachu? Dog.

Alakazam? Dog.

Aegislash? Dog.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
Joltik is such a good dog.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I would absolutely pet Joltik, very carefully.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

If you believe it's a dog it's a dog.

Pikachu? Dog.

Alakazam? Dog.

Aegislash? Dog.

I could see Alakazam being a dog.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the dogman cometh

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Countblanc posted:

All Bianca's scenes proves that the anime would be so much better if it dumped Ash for the current game's protagonists. She, Cheren, and Hilda/Hilbert would be great to watch. Sure, it'll never happen thanks to marketing mandates, but still.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i think they're foxes by the way

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

That guy who said he was leaking stuff from the new games a couple days ago, was he just full of poo poo or has he just not done it yet

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

All Bianca's scenes proves that the anime would be so much better if it dumped Ash for the current game's protagonists. She, Cheren, and Hilda/Hilbert would be great to watch. Sure, it'll never happen thanks to marketing mandates, but still.

The protagonists have co-starred in the gen III (May), IV (Dawn) and VI (Serena) eras of the anime.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

less laughter posted:

The protagonists have co-starred in the gen III (May), IV (Dawn) and VI (Serena) eras of the anime.

And invariably gone for Contests or contest equivalents instead of focusing on battling, which is Ash's job dangblast it. :colbert:

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

mabels big day posted:

That guy who said he was leaking stuff from the new games a couple days ago, was he just full of poo poo or has he just not done it yet

bs

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I've only been dipping into competitive play since February and I'm already loving sick of the fanbase.

Literally every other player on showdown has something to say about the pokemon I choose to run (in OU or otherwise), as if it's inconceivable that someone would be playing for fun.

Sorry I'm not leading with Talonflame every battle, bro.

Xander B Coolridge fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 15, 2016

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
What the hell, you keep chat on? You should know better, goon. I play in random only for showdown so the only communication I ever get is usually GG.

However, I have fought against a couple of people who have actually told me to give up and leave when I'm trying to stall instead of just forfeiting. I'm not doing it to annoy them, but there's been plenty of times I've turned matches around by doing something crazy.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

there's been plenty of times I've turned matches around by doing something crazy.

truly the phoenix wright of showdown

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I seem to be missing the people each night I log on to trade. I still have a ton of totodiles, pichus, houndours, geodudes, and sentrets should anyone want some 4-5iv Pokemon with mostly the right natures.

I'll be on around 9est on Pokemon Y until probably midnight but I'll check this topic. Outside of that, from here on just pm me so I'm not slogging up the thread.

I'm debating on if I'll get sun or moon. I feel like after getting White 2, Y and Omega Ruby I can sit this out until I get either the Fire Red Redder remake or Sun 2 or whatever. Especially with the Canadian dollar as it is.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Fighting with Breloom is such a rollercoaster, he either sweeps or misses Rock Slide at 95 accuracy and it's all over, but three times in three fights dude?. Cmon.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Fighting with Breloom is such a rollercoaster, he either sweeps or misses Rock Slide at 95 accuracy and it's all over, but three times in three fights dude?. Cmon.

On the other side of that, Rock Slide is always the move I avoid which lets me win or at least turn poo poo around. Any time I win a match I probably didn't deserve to, it seems like it was because of Rock Slide. Or maybe I only feel like that because if it's Focus Blast or Stone Edge, etc. I just go 'well you deserve to lose if you depend on that move' whereas if I avoid a Rock Slide it's obviously because of my Pokemon's superior reflexes in rock-dodging.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

BlazetheInferno posted:

And invariably gone for Contests or contest equivalents instead of focusing on battling, which is Ash's job dangblast it. :colbert:

I don't get why they don't let ash be more like a mentor to the new characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

However, I have fought against a couple of people who have actually told me to give up and leave when I'm trying to stall instead of just forfeiting. I'm not doing it to annoy them, but there's been plenty of times I've turned matches around by doing something crazy.

I've got "give up" "you can't win" before and then sometimes when it's a clear loss and I forfeit I get a message afterwards with them complaining that I forfeit.

• Locked thread