Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Orv posted:

When the PvP works, it delivers. Had a guy who was doing far, far more damage with his weapon than I'm doing, manage to parry and riposte him, and then we trade three blows, he dies, I survive with 19HP. :stare:

Yeah, I got invaded yesterday in Farron Keep and, for once, it was just one invader and I was alone. He actually did a little Joy gesture because it meant we could have a fight. He was flipping around with the Farron Greatsword but I managed to beat him after a long duel with like 25 HP left. It was pretty drat fun.

I'm looking forward to high-level duels once I get there. And I really oughta make a fun low-level invader character while the getting's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DrGreatJob posted:

What? I've been an Aldritch Faithful scumbag for a few hours, a Farron Watchdog, a Blue Sentinel, and other stuff for a few hours each... and no issues here on PC. What isn't working about it for you?

The lag is intense, along with all the animation stuff. It feels like a huge step back from Scholar, where I had no issues at all. I fail to even invade like 80% of the time too. When it works it's awesome though, best in the series.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Apr 15, 2016

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

edit: nm

Filthy Hans fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Apr 15, 2016

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

RBA Starblade posted:

The lag is intense, along with all the animation stuff. It feels like a huge step back from Scholar, where I had no issues at all. I fail to even invade like 80% of the time too. When it works it's awesome though, best in the series.

Eh, I'm not sure I like that Estus heals instantly. The fast refill was more interesting.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
So hey, from the end of the high wall (Vordt's bonfire), you get a great view of all of lothric. You can see pretty much everywhere you go in the game from there, including areas you have to warp to, which leads me to ask:

Way, way far in the back, long past everything else, is this area. Does anyone know what it is? I can't tell from a distance, and you can barely even see it thanks to the fog rolling over the mountains.

Here's a zoomed out shot of its relative location if it helps.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Does anyone know how to make the giant tree at firelink drop a seed?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I think you have to be invaded first

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tallgeese posted:

Eh, I'm not sure I like that Estus heals instantly. The fast refill was more interesting.

I don't really mind it since invaders get to heal now too. The t-poses and entire game hitching up and jittering around combined with the old lag stuff is awful though. Before I could at least roll if I saw a swing. Now I have to roll seconds before they do it and attack thin air to kill them.

I'm kind of regretting not buying this on PS4.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I keep hearing you need to be invaded and win a couple times.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

CJacobs posted:

So hey, from the end of the high wall (Vordt's bonfire), you get a great view of all of lothric. You can see pretty much everywhere you go in the game from there, including areas you have to warp to, which leads me to ask:

Way, way far in the back, long past everything else, is this area. Does anyone know what it is? I can't tell from a distance, and you can barely even see it thanks to the fog rolling over the mountains.

Here's a zoomed out shot of its relative location if it helps.

Archdragon Peak maybe?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I feel lied to in regards to Yhorm...

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Dan Didio posted:

If you read the description of the branches that drop around them, there's three such trees and they're spawned from Dusk's old branch catalyst that you could get in Dark Souls: Artorias of the Abyss. They're a token of friendship to the giant.

Aw I thought so. It's cool he's protecting them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

argondamn posted:

Archdragon Peak maybe?

Might be, I was thinking maybe Irithyll at first but I think this might be it over on the other side:

I ought to see if I can force SMAA like with previous souls games so I can get a better look, the game's sort of crappy anti aliasing makes it harder to tell than it could be.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tamayachi posted:

Yeah, I really wish they brought back the small white soapstone because I want to just do some limited zone coop for a quick Ember, rather than go Sunbro and help a guy explore an entire zone that he's too afraid to do on his own.

I just wish they didn't have Vordt's spot twenty feet away from gently caress You I'm an End Game Boss because people, for some reason, think it's a good idea to try and get my soul level 25 rear end to fight him. I like to farm Vordt because Embers sell for 1k a pop and that's pretty good souls at my level.

Is there an NPC that will sell titanite later on? I'm having a hard time finding any despite the game apparently being full of it.

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Apr 15, 2016

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
My buddy is giving this a shot as his first real attempt at a Souls game. He's hung up on Vordt and getting frustrated. I'm starting into the third zone and between SL + weapon upgrades in out if summoning range for him. Is that what the password system is intended for? Is there a way for me to plunk down my sign and have him summon me into his game? I really want to help him get into the game before he gets frustrated and gives up.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Wildtortilla posted:

My buddy is giving this a shot as his first real attempt at a Souls game. He's hung up on Vordt and getting frustrated. I'm starting into the third zone and between SL + weapon upgrades in out if summoning range for him. Is that what the password system is intended for? Is there a way for me to plunk down my sign and have him summon me into his game? I really want to help him get into the game before he gets frustrated and gives up.

Just tell him to summon randoms. There should be tons of summoning signs...

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Anal Surgery posted:

I think you have to be invaded first

I baited an invasion, lost, and the tree didn't drop anything yet. Maybe I need to keep dying to invasions?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

Just tell him to summon randoms. There should be tons of summoning signs...

I understand this but jolly cooperation with friends is better than randos...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Motherfucker, only just found the soul transpose guy. I did wonder why I hadn't come across that "boss" yet... :suicide:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What exactly do I need to do to become Lord of Hollows? I figure I might as well do that first time since I've already bumbled my way along it pretty well. Is it just be hollow with five sigils?

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I have three questions I'm hoping to find the answer to

A. Is it possible to get quickstep without mainhanding a dagger? I tried offhanding one but ended up with a strong attack instead of a skill.

B. What's up with the cage dude that you can talk to in the undead settlement? I can't figure out his deal. Do I need some specific item, are they just there to spout a weird line about "nana"?

C. Anyone got a list of NPC invasion spots? I feel like I've missed a bunch.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

^^ for no 2: They are a vague covenant hint

Emalde posted:

Deep Protection (Cathedral of the Deep), Dorhy's Gnawing (Irithyll), Lifehunt Scythe (Aldrich Transpose).

Dead Again is kind of useful in some of the more densely-packed locations, but a lot of those are fairly early on, long before you get either of the talismans that make it really exciting.

So I noticed most of these are hex's, so to be good at miracles I might as well go all in and go hex?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Obligatum VII posted:

B. What's up with the cage dude that you can talk to in the undead settlement? I can't figure out his deal. Do I need some specific item, are they just there to spout a weird line about "nana"?

He's the best NPC, I wish he could come back to firelink.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tallgeese posted:

Sure you want to do that? (Not me, but.)

Cheatengine is what got me through the dark2 dlc so if they want to ban me then meh. I like co-op but after the cheevo run I'm not really interested in the game anymore besides speedrunning it. I have a feeling that's not happening because the parries on Pontiff are really hard, so it'll be banning me from multiplayer in a game I no longer play.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Malcolm XML posted:

Yoel dies immediately and it breaks onion knights order

Could you go into more detail on the latter, what triggers the fuckery

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Just rolled an alt for some low level ganking and went to get the claymore near the dragon and...... welp.... guess this is the right tool to use

edit: looks like it boosts item find by 100 points and you get more souls from kills but it drains health really loving fast

MUSCULAR BEAVER fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 15, 2016

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

RBA Starblade posted:

What exactly do I need to do to become Lord of Hollows? I figure I might as well do that first time since I've already bumbled my way along it pretty well. Is it just be hollow with five sigils?

https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/06/dark-souls-3-how-to-get-the-best-ending/

Stormgale posted:

Could you go into more detail on the latter, what triggers the fuckery

Sieg just doesn't show up in the well if you step into catacombs and i haven't been able to fix it

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm using the same equipment as in the beginning of the game (Knight armor + shield + longsword) but I'm all of a sudden over the weight limit (75.3%) and my rolls have become sluggish. Is there something I'm missing here?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Malcolm XML posted:

Sieg just doesn't show up in the well if you step into catacombs and i haven't been able to fix it

Oh well that's really disappointing because I'm past the catacombs and haven't even set foot onto the other path yet. Well, good to know I've hosed everything up.

Mailer posted:

Cheatengine is what got me through the dark2 dlc so if they want to ban me then meh. I like co-op but after the cheevo run I'm not really interested in the game anymore besides speedrunning it. I have a feeling that's not happening because the parries on Pontiff are really hard, so it'll be banning me from multiplayer in a game I no longer play.

I used it on scholar and didn't get softbanned, just don't do anything blatant like editing your soul value directly or cheat while online.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Azazell0 posted:

I'm using the same equipment as in the beginning of the game (Knight armor + shield + longsword) but I'm all of a sudden over the weight limit (75.3%) and my rolls have become sluggish. Is there something I'm missing here?

Rings?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

That was it, I had no idea a ring could be so fukken heavy.

I guess I gotta start boosting my vitality anyway if I want to wear anything heavier. I'm near the threshold anyway.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Does upgrading the Storm Ruler do anything for the special damage against a certain boss?

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
Well, time to sit at work and think about going home to play dark souls. Very last thing last night I killed a spooky giant skeleton man in the catacombs by wrecking his wrist bling.

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
Wait, I talked to Anri yesterday while wearing the tongueless lady covenant, and now she says she hates me. Did I gently caress myself out of that ending?

Also what the hell does the hollwing stat actually do? I've got 99 hollowing but I can't really see any ill effects?

czg fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 15, 2016

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

How the gently caress do you get "99 hollowing?"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thanks

I guess you don't need to kill Orbeck, she just really wants you to.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 15, 2016

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

Does upgrading the Storm Ruler do anything for the special damage against a certain boss?

I think so. I summoned some guy who was using it and he was doing 5700HP to the boss with the 2H R2

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

codo27 posted:

How the gently caress do you get "99 hollowing?"

Die a lot, so just play regularly.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I assume based on the upcoming patch notes that beating the final boss wont skip me ahead to NG+ correct?

Also I've found that prism stone=pump a rum. Nothing else has worked for me so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, so tell me there's an item that makes monsters hostile to invaders. loving around in a fight for 10 minutes only to have the guy run off like a chump in to a bunch of mobs, making it so I can't loving refill my estus or move on to another area is pretty weak.