Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Let Conor defend it for a while and we'll see how true that is.

He'll have a Cena spinner that plays Sinead O'Connor by 2018.

He'd have to stop moving up in weight class to set up fights he loses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Davros1 posted:

I hate that all the UFC belts look the same. They should at least have the weight division on them. But no title should ever look like the crap ones they use in boxing.

MassRafTer posted:

I like that all champions are created equal.

The UFC's approach is absolutely correct for an MMA organization but I don't think it's the right approach for a pro wrestling fed. Thought they did a really nice job with the new women's belt and I'm generally not a huge fan of the WWE's aesthetics.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
the women's belt is miles ahead of the championship because it does something with the negative space behind the logo rather than just have it be leather.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

The Women's Belt is a lot better then the Tag team belt which just looks like a glorifyed big penny.

I like belts with a bit of patterns to them.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wow that is an ugly title.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

So I would have just posted the picture for this one but holy poo poo.

tumblr posted:

Merging the men’s and women’s divisions sounds good at face value, but is actually undermining the Divas division.

For starters, the term, “Diva” has been redefined by the women in WWE. It’s empowering. It means you’re a strong woman and you’re not afraid to get what you want. Secondly, the separation of the divisions was good for them. At least the Divas got recognition for being Divas. They got recognition for being women in a male dominated company and received the respect they deserved for it. Now that both divisions are referred to as “Superstars,” it takes away from the women because the equality presents opportunity to undermine them and WWE has already taken the opportunity and ran with it.

The WWE DIVAS are receiving less TV time than before, and because they’re Superstars now, the next person can defend the decision with a simple, “They’re Superstars. Shouldn’t that be enough?” At least as Divas, they could overcome obstacles that we all could see. Now as Superstars, WWE wants us to think the obstacles aren’t there anymore, and that’s just bullshit

Spacing added by me for readability.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Could have just left it at this tbh.

quote:

For starters, the term, “Diva” has been redefined by the women in WWE. It’s empowering.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I too long for the days when the women on the WWE roster can once again have thirty second squash matches.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
And storylines that consist entirely of "bitches be crazy"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
And "Maybe they want to gently caress each other remember that while the roll on top of each other"

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

And who could ever forget that classic storyline "Natalya farts"?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Even TNA's Knockouts is a better term than Divas. At least that implies they're tough, even if it's still a double entendre.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
In what world were "divas" getting screen time? Women actually get promo time, and multiple segments in a show now.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Isn't the Women's Championship match at Wrestlemania 32 one of the WWE's longest women's matches, period, let alone for the title or at Wrestlemania?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Did the WWE ever address the original issue where they were getting paid way less compared to every guy on the roster?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

When was the last time a divas title match got more than 10 minutes on raw

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

When was the last time a divas title match got more than 10 minutes on raw

That would be November 23rd, the final time the belt was defended on Raw.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sooner than I thought tbh

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
To be fair most matches in general don't get 10 minutes on Raw unless they're title matches or a main event.

It's been better in recent weeks but if you look back a little bit you'll see every episode full of 2-4 minute matches. I think someone was timing the shows for a while and there was definitely under half an hour of wrestling for a 3 hour show for a long stretch of time.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Hey, they have to fit in all the Authority promos somewhere.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

keevo posted:

Did the WWE ever address the original issue where they were getting paid way less compared to every guy on the roster?

Based on the WWE being a company in the US, the answer is no.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Really bad meter, but not a bad idea.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Up until WWE corners the X Division with the global cruiserweight challenge

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

This person has never heard Yesterday.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They probably heard the Guns N' Roses cover.

\/\/\/No, it was my dumb rear end mixing up the GNR song Yesterdays with their cover of Live and Let Die. :downs:

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Apr 19, 2016

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

They probably heard the Guns N' Roses cover.

I'm not sure if this is a joke post or if my head is going to explode.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Luckily I couldn't find it on Youtube, so I'll just be happy believing it was just a sick, twisted joke.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Shameful, shameful posting.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

jfc Bix is STILL writing about the Hogan/Gawker suit

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I am an adult with sophisticated taste. I like my Wrestlemen classy, not flashy like Barry Horowitz

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"grown-ups"

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that poster is like 14, and TND are like the exact thing I would have been far too mature and classy to like when I was 14 and basically an adult, DAD.

Or they aren't and that's a real bad post. One of the two.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Luckily I couldn't find it on Youtube, so I'll just be happy believing it was just a sick, twisted joke.

They have a song called YesterdayS which has nothing to do with the Beatles song.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

quote:

Going to piggyback off and kind of repeat a comment from earlier:

Maybe, just maybe, the Harris brothers reformed over the years and realized the error of their ways. If they have, that's great, and I hope they can make that clear and demonstrate that they've turned around from the stupidity of what they were supporting before.

However, there's been tons of reports over the past few months that the Harris brothers are effectively in TNA to tower over people and subtly threaten to pummel them should they demand their payments or attempt to collectively act to get what they've earned from Dixie and corporate. Even if the Harris brothers are now 100% Nazi-free, I would never support anything that could benefit two guys attempting to be 21st century versions of the Pinkerton Detective Agency.

So this post is fine, pointing out that the Harris brothers might not be nazis any more but them strong arming the production staff into not complaining about late pay happened a year ago and it's not something that should be ignored. However....

quote:

They did those things because the company was struggling financially and TNA managment were doing all they could to penny pinch (not saying it's right, but they did it for a reason). I assume this new company has the funds to fulfill everyone's salary, meaning no disgruntled employees demanding money and thus no need to have anyone intimidate them into not demanding their money.

This guy has a tendency to post poo poo like this. It's cool that they intimidated staff into not complaining about late pay because it provides a televised audience for people that aren't in the WWE.

From another thread asking if Hogan is who should be held responsible for TNA's current state.

quote:

Yes. Dixie may be an airhead, but that doesn't give you free reign to con her out of money just to contribute f*** all. Dude was making $30,000 per appearance when that was pretty much the amount that Zema needed for his health scare. If TNA weren't wasting money on that guy, then AJ, Joe, and all the others would still be there and the Nazis would be a non-factor.

He also talks about how Riley deserves better which is pretty eyeroll worthy itself.

modern villian
May 4, 2009
I'm starting to think TNA is just a Nathan Fielder gag

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

modern villian posted:

I'm starting to think TNA is just a Nathan Fielder gag

I dearly, dearly want to see a Nathan Fielder/Dixie Carter interview

or a Nathan Fielder/Vince Russo interview for that matter

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I know he's on the payroll, but can we add the fact that Billy Corgan was plugging TNA on InfoWars to this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

TinTower posted:

I know he's on the payroll, but can we add the fact that Billy Corgan was plugging TNA on InfoWars to this thread?

Maybe Alex Jones will return the favor and buy an ad spot.