Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

Can you kill the tree after getting into the Mound Makers?

Ya. I think you can join the Mounds after you kill the tree but it sounds even more complicated than the first way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The tree btw is a really great fight and the best boss of the three Ive fought. I assume you can just jump into the chasm after the fight in order to get to the MM altar, right? Or do you have to hitch a cage ride every time.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

You can warp to the bonfire there

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh yeah lol.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yeah, I killed tree on my first playthrough, but now I've got a Dark Hand, full Dark Sigil and am a member of the Mound Makers until I get to Rosaria, so I want to kill the tree, because it's the last thing to do in Settlement, etc.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
only 6 or 7 hours in but something small that i am liking is that hitboxes are really tight. i accidentally put down a summon sign while in combat and when my guy bent over the spear being thrust at him went millimetres over his head and it looked really sick, like i'd intentionally done a matrix dodge.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
the only bad hitboxes are some of the grabs

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Jesus christ I can't remove this covenant medal I just keep getting hits over and over nonstop it's actually getting really annoying.

Why does THIS covenant work and watchdogs didn't?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

a Loving Dog posted:

the only bad hitboxes are some of the grabs

I feel like I must be really lucky or something, because I don't think I've ever been grabbed by a bullshit hitbox from a grab in one of these games, but it's such a common complaint.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

Jesus christ I can't remove this covenant medal I just keep getting hits over and over nonstop it's actually getting really annoying.

Why does THIS covenant work and watchdogs didn't?

I was in the same boat it was just non stop pvp action. I had never finished out a covenant so quickly

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

Its really fun to gank people with the two dark wraiths at the Abyss Watcher fog gate lol.

Lol I'm going to try this later.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had to summon help with the Pontiff because his second stage was just wrecking me, and he was so easy with just one other dude to split his attention that I feel dishonorable. :(

Also I'm past Aldrich, just heading into the Dungeon which is like Tower of Latria Enhanced Edition and is incredible and I want someone to reassure me I'm not getting near the end of the game because it kind of feels like it for some reason. Like, give me a % on how far I am in please/

im disappointed in Flynn's Ring, it's kind of garbage now unless you're completely naked.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I had to summon help with the Pontiff because his second stage was just wrecking me, and he was so easy with just one other dude to split his attention that I feel dishonorable. :(

Also I'm past Aldrich, just heading into the Dungeon which is like Tower of Latria Enhanced Edition and is incredible and I want someone to reassure me I'm not getting near the end of the game because it kind of feels like it for some reason. Like, give me a % on how far I am in please/

Depending on how much optional stuff you've done you're at like 75%

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: BANDAI-NAMCO: FIRST DLC PACK LAUNCHES EARLY FALL 2016 :siren:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Benny D posted:

:siren: BANDAI-NAMCO: FIRST DLC PACK LAUNCHES EARLY FALL 2016 :siren:

i seriously can't believe we're getting more of this game. it's incredible.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow the High Lord was really unfun to fight. He kept spamming the charge attack and the breath attack which is just an instant kill if you're already at the end of the arena. Anyway I'm in the Boreal Valley now and I'm glad the Bloodsouls theme is still going lol.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i seriously can't believe we're getting more of this game. it's incredible.

After playing most of the game I'm pretty sure I know what its going to be and I'm tingling

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

After playing most of the game I'm pretty sure I know what its going to be and I'm tingling

they should put orphan and Maria in the game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Wow the High Lord was really unfun to fight. He kept spamming the charge attack and the breath attack which is just an instant kill if you're already at the end of the arena. Anyway I'm in the Boreal Valley now and I'm glad the Bloodsouls theme is still going lol.

Gotta stay close I learned this the hard way

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

they should bring back gravelords, imho

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

they should put orphan and Maria in the game

There's an optional boss that's at least as hard as orphan. You seriously can't slip once

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is the first time i'm considering buying a hardbound guide for my second playthrough to get the huge amount of stuff i've missed without having to constantly check a wiki.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sector_corrector posted:

this is the first time i'm considering buying a hardbound guide for my second playthrough to get the huge amount of stuff i've missed without having to constantly check a wiki.

Same lol. I glanced at the wiki earlier to see what the grave warden dust gave me because the handmaidens shop was already huge and I realized I missed at least 5 ashes that werent even hidden earlier

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyway the Farron Greatsword is so loving awesome, but specifcally nothing in Iytlhl or whatever seems to have good poise, so it's really fuckin good here when all these enemies have huge opening in between their flurry of cleave attacks

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

Apparently the prima guide is hot garbage so buyer beware

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The Mound Makers are the most twisted and chaotic of the covenants, so they're purple because that's the Joker's color.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Blue Sentinels: Nicest phantoms you'll ever meet
Mound Makers: Twisted loving psychopaths

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You wanna know how I got these vertebra shackles?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

so watchdogs and sentinels dont work at all for me but aldritch faithful is summoning me like crazy

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/cFgVTWz.webm lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

didnt want to spoil it, copy paste

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

so watchdogs and sentinels dont work at all for me but aldritch faithful is summoning me like crazy

Something is seriously hosed with these covenants

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

now thats a hitbox

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

QQ more

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

I feel like I must be really lucky or something, because I don't think I've ever been grabbed by a bullshit hitbox from a grab in one of these games, but it's such a common complaint.

ive never had a problem with hit boxes in dark souls either. well theres those pigs in DS2 i suppose. personally i think ppl are generally just mad cos they died

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

ive never had a problem with hit boxes in dark souls either. well theres those pigs in DS2 i suppose. personally i think ppl are generally just mad cos they died

actually, maria has an attack in bloodborne that still hits u after you parry it. maybe its already been fixed though. well thats all i can think of

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I.N.R.I posted:

http://i.imgur.com/uGY6cqY.webm

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

No evidence

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
btw thats definitely been patched at this point. ive never ever been hit like that by the pursuer even without ADP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I.N.R.I posted:

btw thats definitely been patched at this point. ive never ever been hit like that by the pursuer even without ADP

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ThriftyRightAmericanriverotter.webm

• Locked thread