Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
anyway i like dark souls 2 but im really glad 3 feels more like the first one and demons souls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
I bought the game

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

crunk dork posted:

I bought the game

You want a freakin cookie?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Haha just kidding. Enjoy the most epic gaming experience of 2016.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

decided to roll a luck build. cool thing is u don't get the luck weapon infusion for quite a while so i do no damage, but i have a poo poo ton of wooden shields for consolation

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
I'm gonna rush through my playthrough of ocarina of time for 3DS tonight and focus Saturday night on the souls

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tfw you're away from your PS4 and all you want to do is get back to Souls

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Gigante posted:

Dec 26, 2012

the ds2 mimic grab hitbox was hilariously bad. it could bite you from behind it. anyway ds3 has really tight hitboxes which feels fantastic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

ive never had a problem with hit boxes in dark souls either. well theres those pigs in DS2 i suppose. personally i think ppl are generally just mad cos they died

I get mad and QQ whenever I die on stuff I've beaten before, I've definitely fallen into this trap

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That autocorrected. I usually just qq not full blown QQ unless I actually do encounter a bug or something. Like yesterday when a group of enemies in settlement spawned halfway through the floor and I couldn't hit them but they killed me

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

dark souls 2 was an elaborate setup to make this game harder by punishing the circling strats dks2 makes you develop

b0ner of doom
Mar 17, 2006
finelly made it to undead settlement after dieing to vort 20 times or so. i suck at souls games so it takes me a long time to finish them

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When you put down a red soapstone and get summoned to a guy with a phantom

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holy crap

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can reliably dodge horizontal swings with the Stomp sword art. Feels badass

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

u can do that in dark souls 2. you could probably do it in demons and dark souls 1 if they had appropiate gestures

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
lol cool you can use the "call over" gesture that makes you yell Hey and it will make the little thrall guys drop off the ceiling when they're hiding up there

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
also to whoever was talking about not being able to not being able to lay down their sign in road of sacrifice after beating the game it sounds like that's a bug:

Patch coming Monday

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
That was me, yeah I figured

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Are they making auto summon covenants work reliably

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've had continued success with the covenant that protects the forest, whatever it's called

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

I've had continued success with the covenant that protects the forest, whatever it's called

Greenpeace

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Watchdogs of the Old Lords

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watchdoge of the Old Bloard

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
doing the 'rest' gesture on top of the trap pad in carthus makes being an invader all the more enjoyable

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the berserk references in this game are very powerful

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

apropos to nothing posted:

you even get his sword

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this rules so much

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

all in all the most annoying and dangerous enemy in the game are still the loving dog packs. they just ported the dogs straight from bloodborne too which are like enhanced dogs

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
They'll stun lock you like crazy

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Average Bear posted:

They'll stun lock you like crazy

they bob in and out so that you have no choice but to bat them away mid-bite and they get iframes when they strafe lmao

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
So, that thing that drops from the ceiling in Cathedral of the Deep, that's gonna be a regular enemy at some point right?

Also is it worth my time to try killing the 2 giants this early?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Hodrick made me yell at my tv more times than the chikage hunter

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the only npc i had trouble with in the game was knightslayer, since he represents min-maxing tryhards and just wears super high poise armor+a gigantic sword and lots of hp

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*looking at the hairs on my wrist* well thats enough other activities today, time to just play dark souls 3 until i pass out again

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

the only npc i had trouble with in the game was knightslayer, since he represents min-maxing tryhards and just wears super high poise armor+a gigantic sword and lots of hp

Did you do Hodrick.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like that this time around they designed enemies to punish circle strafing (like knights doing shield bumps) instead of justing making enemies track you on an invisible lazy susan like in DS2. bloodborne didn't have that so much, since backstabs were harder to get anyway due to charging up attacks. but in a game with instant lock backstabs, it's really nice to see it be way harder than DS1, but also fit with the enemy and make sense.

apropos to nothing posted:

i said "holy poo poo" when i saw the fat evaneglist's design, especially clobbering you on the noggin with her book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i said "holy poo poo" when i saw the fat evaneglist's design, especially clobbering you on the noggin with her book.

i straight away thought of mozgus too haha.

• Locked thread